Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm noticing a lot of shops running out of coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered the .50 ohm coils for the Crown II, looking at some youtube reviews most seem to have trouble with the .25 ohm coils. Not planning on buying anymore pre-made coils though, have the rafale rba that works for the Crown II so I will just use that, one reviewer preferred it to the pre-mades.

boxer30

Member For 4 Years
My favorite tank as well but I'm sticking with my original Crown. I'm not buying anymore of their crap after they screwed everyone with their bad batch of coils. They were aware of it and refused to correct it. I don't business with companies like that.
Just a note, I received my Crown II today and they totally revamped the coils. Thank GOD! I couldn't find a tank that was even close to the flavor on the Crown but the coils did suck and still do. I was going through 3 to 4 coils a week but I'm a heavy vaporer. Looks like the problem Is solved with the shitty coils. I hope so...I won't know until about a week. I also hope you change your mind, this tank is GREAT, the flavor is intense!

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok so checking back again after a week of usage. Gotta say I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I am getting dry/burn hits constantly. As I said earlier I started with the .5 coil and after 2 days I had to change it to the .25 hoping it was just a bad coil. Well either both of these could were bad or Uwell has dropped the ball on the v2. As an owner of multiple v1s I had high hopes for the v2. I emailed STS today to see about a refund and I went to a local Vape shop and overpaid for v1 coils just so I can go back to enjoying my Vape. Oh also the v2 leaks pretty bad. It will randomly just leak from the AFC which is annoying. I did order a 4 pack of coils for it the other day which haven't arrived yet but I'm so fed up and aggravated that I went ahead and emailed STS. As of right now I would not recommend the v2. Stick with the greatness of the v1.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sorry to read that others are having bad experiences with this tank. It has been nothing but solid for me and the coils are just fine. No leaking either. Maybe I'm just lucky but I'll take it.

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so I recieved my crown ii last Saturday. Have been using the .25 and my only complaint is that my juices no longer have any throat hit. The .25 is guzzling juice and I'm not feeling satisfied from my vape. I believe the tfv8 spoiled me

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I want a tvf4 or TVF8 now lol- cannot not believe I never tried it

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not big on the tfv4 but the tfv8 has become a new favorite. Got a week and 3 days on the q4 coil at 100-140w

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never a big fan of the tfv4, full size and mini. I actually like the tfv4 micro better, left in it's small config it has great flavor.

With all this talk i figured what the hay, i just ordered the TFV8 to give it a shot. Probably won't buy any coils though, after the 2 in the box i will switch to the included rba, the coils are too expensive.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my new 0.25/0.8 coils and they are great. 0.8 is indeed kanthal only, I blame every vendor out there for mixing it up, its not a clapton. 0.8 is def for less juice consumption type situation. 0.25/0.5 are both pretty good! I dont understand all the complaints, the coils have performed flawlessly.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just picked up both at a local brick n mortar. Cool people there though and both in black for 70 out the door i thought was reasonable enough. 30 for the Crown II and 35 for the TFV8.

Loaded up both with the same juice and let them sit for 10 minutes to saturate the cotton.

I have them both sitting on the rx200 and rx200s so i can compare on the same device.

Here they are before vaping 1 after the other.

13435bd4cabeade2c7f5e863609ca039.jpg

Here they are 10 minutes after taking about 6 hits off of each....sigh.

07b4cacecfbef62cf790c0a19ccb654e.jpg

I thought the TFV8 was drinking juice way fast until i felt the juice in my hand, looks like it leaked a half a mil at least.

As far as performance i only got up to 70 watts with the Crown II and 80 watts with the TFV8. First round for flavor i would give a slight edge to the Crown II. This could be because i was getting a little spit back though, was planning on turning up the watts even more. The TFV8 is more of an airy draw but the Crown II is no slouch.

I am really impressed with the TFV8's included rba section just from looks alone. I hope it performs as impressively as it looks.

5c979df24929efbe0792b0b0c451ae0f.jpg
52adf77e555712807188393c7f1e2e55.jpg
65c3a8038d3384757c47181017871643.jpg

I will take the TFV8 apart again to check if maybe the coil is a little loose or something that would cause the leaking. No leaks with the Crown II, it did come with the new shiny coils, not the first batch if matte coils that seemed to be causing problems.

Really need more time to play with these both. I almost didn't get the Crown II but have to admit that the looks won me over, the black is like an anodized finish, real nice. Glad i picked it up though, so far so good.

I am also happy with the TFV8, just as long as i can figure out why it leaked so bad. It is a definite improvement over the TFV4 imo, was never a big fan of that tank.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took the TFV8 apart and checked everything but it all seemed OK, I am guessing one of the orings lost a little pressure somewhere but it hasn't leaked again.

The Crown II has some spit back at lower watts, just popped both of them on Wrecker G2's and pumped up the watts to 100 and the spitback is gone with the Crown II. Can definitely chain vape the TFV8 at that wattage better, delrin tip really helps and it is a cooler vape. Flavor wise I am preferring the Crown II a little more, the coil on the TFV8 probably needs more break in time as it can taste a little burnt, not much but noticeable compared to the Crown.

So far I am pretty happy with both tanks, the difference for me so far is if I am going to buy premade coils I would probably stick with the Crown II just because I am cheap and paid $11 for 4 coils, the TFV8 the cheapest I have seen so far is a China vendor for the Q4 at $10 for a 3 pack, the other coils are more. The TFV8 would be more economical in the long run if you just used the included RBA which looks excellent and from what I have read so far works great. I have heard the Rafale RBA will work on the Crown II and plan to try it out sometime this week, I will let you all know how it works.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can confirm the Rafale VRBA works in the Crown II, I actually like it better than the 0.25 ohm coil that came installed. It is more airy as well, now pretty much matches the airflow of the TFV8 as the inside diameter of the stock coil is 4.5mm while the VRBA is 5.5mm. I decided to switch coils this morning before leaving the house as the spit back from the .25 coil was just bugging me, had to run it hotter than I like to avoid it. There is a little spit back with the VRBA but nothing compared to the .25 stock coil. So far after a half tank I have not gotten any dry hits, the wicking holes on the VRBA are small so that worried me. Running it in xXx mode on my Hohm Wrecker G2 at 75 watts and 500 degrees with the FSK set at 11% and can't complain. Wasn't sure at first if it was a kanthal or SS coil in the VRBA, it comes prebuilt, with my FSK up that high though that is usually the SS316L range, would not fire in the Kanthal range.

The Crown II does get hot though, had to swap the drip tip for a ceramic one to save myself from bacon lips.

I still might be leaning toward the TFV8 though, it's a fine line. The TFV8 I can run high in watts and still get a cooler vape than the Crown II, the Crown does have a slight edge in flavor but that might be due to the slight spitback with the VRBA. Tough call, at this point it is too close to say if I had to pick one which would it be. I still need to try the RBA for the TFV8, that will probably be the deciding factor.

Icipher84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have the black Crown II and after a day of use on both coils I am getting burnt/dry hits. Super disappointing.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's odd, after a couple of days i am not getting dry hits, the opposite actually, too much spit back. The rba was an improvement at first but by the end of the day the spit back was also too much.

I still need to try it a little more but so far the TFV8 is a better tank.

Icipher84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Supposedly they are working on a version 3 of these coils already so we'll see how that goes.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Geez, another update, i'm a stubborn bastard. I decided to give it another shot today but changed drip tips as the stock one gets too hot. That is when I noticed the condensation under the drip tip and there was also condensation on the locking ring that sits right under the drip tip. Looks like there is a space there for condensation to build up. The new delrin drip tip I put on there bottoms out, I have a slight gap from the bottom of the drip tip to the top of the tank so I know there is no gap where they meet inside. This has worked so much better and slit back has been minimal just like when I first installed the RBA coil. I just took off that drip tip and it isn't dripping with condensation like the stock one was.

Now I am pretty sure it wasn't spit back from the RBA coil but rather condensation from that gap between the bottom of the drip tip and the locking ring where it collects. Either way bad design but easily fixed with a drip tip that will bottom out and not leave that gap for condensation to accumulate. A delrin drip tip is basically a necessity with this tank anyway if you want to chain vape it.

Now I am going to have to try the regular coil again to see if the drip tip was the problem, the spit back was minimal at first with it as well but got worse the more I used it. I am sure it was just the condensation that was screwing it up as well.

I like the tank more now and with the spit back greatly reduced and delrin drip tip, it still has a touch more flavor than the TFV8 and drinks a lot less juice. I feel like I am always filling the TFV8, juice hog.

Icipher84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just bought a fresh pack of point 5s and vaping at 55w with no issues thus far. Hope my streak keeps going into tomorrow.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Geez, another update, i'm a stubborn bastard. I decided to give it another shot today but changed drip tips as the stock one gets too hot. That is when I noticed the condensation under the drip tip and there was also condensation on the locking ring that sits right under the drip tip. Looks like there is a space there for condensation to build up. The new delrin drip tip I put on there bottoms out, I have a slight gap from the bottom of the drip tip to the top of the tank so I know there is no gap where they meet inside. This has worked so much better and slit back has been minimal just like when I first installed the RBA coil. I just took off that drip tip and it isn't dripping with condensation like the stock one was.

Now I am pretty sure it wasn't spit back from the RBA coil but rather condensation from that gap between the bottom of the drip tip and the locking ring where it collects. Either way bad design but easily fixed with a drip tip that will bottom out and not leave that gap for condensation to accumulate. A delrin drip tip is basically a necessity with this tank anyway if you want to chain vape it.

Now I am going to have to try the regular coil again to see if the drip tip was the problem, the spit back was minimal at first with it as well but got worse the more I used it. I am sure it was just the condensation that was screwing it up as well.

I like the tank more now and with the spit back greatly reduced and delrin drip tip, it still has a touch more flavor than the TFV8 and drinks a lot less juice. I feel like I am always filling the TFV8, juice hog.
How's that RBA deck on the tfv8?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's that RBA deck on the tfv8?

I was planning on trying it today but didn't get the time, if it vapes like it looks though I am expecting it to be great.

Daniel just posted a video on the Crown II today:

Looks like we was having the same condensation problems, I noticed he changed the drip tips on both his Crown II's with delrin but I don't think he mentioned why, I am guessing he is not crazy about bacon lips as well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After the qc on the original Crown coils, Uwell's non existent customer service, and that POS Rafale I'm done with Uwell. I'm more interested in the tfv8 especially with the RBA. As far as Crown goes the King is dead to me.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I installed the rba in the TFV8 and yeah, it's a winner so far. It has more airflow that the premade coil that came installed, I think that was the v8 coil?

I have been vaping the same juice in both the crown II and tfv8. I still think the Crown II has an edge in flavor even after i alleviated the spit back.

If i had to recommend one it would be the tfv8. I have had to mess with it less to get it working right and it comes with the rba which so far has been great.

If you already have the Crown II and are happy with it then the only reason to get the TFV8 is if you are a cloud chaser.

For me the tfv8 is a huge improvement over the tfv4, never really liked the tfv4. The Crown II only improves on the original Crown with increased airflow but besides that might as well just stick with the original imo.

munchichee

Member For 5 Years
Ok so checking back again after a week of usage. Gotta say I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I am getting dry/burn hits constantly. As I said earlier I started with the .5 coil and after 2 days I had to change it to the .25 hoping it was just a bad coil. Well either both of these could were bad or Uwell has dropped the ball on the v2.
Ok so checking back again after a week of usage. Gotta say I am EXTREMELY disappointed. I am getting dry/burn hits constantly. As I said earlier I started with the .5 coil and after 2 days I had to change it to the .25 hoping it was just a bad coil. Well either both of these could were bad or Uwell has dropped the ball on the v2. As an owner of multiple v1s I had high hopes for the v2. I emailed STS today to see about a refund and I went to a local Vape shop and overpaid for v1 coils just so I can go back to enjoying my Vape. Oh also the v2 leaks pretty bad. It will randomly just leak from the AFC which is annoying. I did order a 4 pack of coils for it the other day which haven't arrived yet but I'm so fed up and aggravated that I went ahead and emailed STS. As of right now I would not recommend the v2. Stick with the greatness of the v1.

As an owner of multiple v1s I had high hopes for the v2. I emailed STS today to see about a refund and I went to a local Vape shop and overpaid for v1 coils just so I can go back to enjoying my Vape. Oh also the v2 leaks pretty bad. It will randomly just leak from the AFC which is annoying. I did order a 4 pack of coils for it the other day which haven't arrived yet but I'm so fed up and aggravated that I went ahead and emailed STS. As of right now I would not recommend the v2. Stick with the greatness of the v1.

Similar experience for me. Both coils lasted less than 2 days each. First 24 hrs they are great, but by day 2 these coils won't take anything over 30-40W without constantly re-priming with AFC closed. Hopefully the replacement coil packs don't have the same issue.

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update: I recieved my second crown ii (coffee version) a few days ago. My original .5 performed kinda crappy. The new .5 with this version is performing better than my .25s which I haven't had any issues with. Wicking is extremely quick and efficient for chain vaping. I'm running it between 70-80w same as the .25 except I'm getting a lot better flavor and less spit back. Still haven't had a great experience with the .8s I bought.

The2yoots

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had my crown v2 for 1 week, ive gone through 4 coils in 1 friggin week. The new coil that I put on today, already getting a bad taste from it. So disappointed and pissed off, I can't even begin to....
Whatever....
Lots of spit back
Lots of leaking, through the air vents
I'm into this tank for $30
4 packs of .25 replacement coils
4 packs of .50 replacement coils
In it for over $100
And IT SUCKS !!!!!!
absolutely ridiculous! !!!
I contacted the seller, waiting for a response. ...
Contacting uwell tomorrow, hopefully I'll get compensation from one of them...
I doubt it though
Thoughts?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've seen some comments that Rafale coils are reliable in the Crown 2. I think the Rafale had different issues like bad top fill, drip tip, and spitback guard design......not the coils so much. Probably not what most people want to hear, but maybe Rafale coils are a temporary solution while Uwell works on their QC for the new Crown 2 bullet style coils?

I gave up on the og Crown for all the coil issues, even though the flavor was outstanding after break in.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've seen some comments that Rafale coils are reliable in the Crown 2. I think the Rafale had different issues like bad top fill, drip tip, and spitback guard design......not the coils so much. Probably not what most people want to hear, but maybe Rafale coils are a temporary solution while Uwell works on their QC for the new Crown 2 bullet style coils?

I gave up on the og Crown for all the coil issues, even though the flavor was outstanding after break in.
Not trying to be a downer but don't expect anything from Uwell. Unless they've had some drastic changes in the last few months their customer service sucks ass. They did the same thing with the original Crown. They knew they put out shit coils and they did nothing about it. It's the main reason I refused to buy the Rafale and Crown II. Fuck Uwell! They don't even answer your emails.

Icipher84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've had my crown v2 for 1 week, ive gone through 4 coils in 1 friggin week. The new coil that I put on today, already getting a bad taste from it. So disappointed and pissed off, I can't even begin to....
Whatever....
Lots of spit back
Lots of leaking, through the air vents
I'm into this tank for $30
4 packs of .25 replacement coils
4 packs of .50 replacement coils
In it for over $100
And IT SUCKS !!!!!!
absolutely ridiculous! !!!
I contacted the seller, waiting for a response. ...
Contacting uwell tomorrow, hopefully I'll get compensation from one of them...
I doubt it though
Thoughts?
I've been emailing uwell back and forth for a few days. They finally said today they're going to ship me updated coils from China.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What I can't understand is the fact they haven't came out with a RTA or RDTA whatever you wanna call it. Just about every other big tank manufacture has a couple different versions out by now...smh

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I can't understand is the fact they haven't came out with a RTA or RDTA whatever you wanna call it. Just about every other big tank manufacture has a couple different versions out by now...smh

The Rafale VRBA works on the Crown II, I like it better than the stock coils.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got my 2. Two of them, actually. I thought I cancelled one order when they told me their wholesaler didn't send the full shipment, so I ordered from another vendor. Both of them came in the mail yesterday. So far I'm loving it. Slight improvements in flavor, airflow, and aesthetics from the V1. I haven't had the time to burn through a coil yet, but the V1s didn't last me all that long, maybe 2-4 days. I'm a chain vaper who uses all the wrong juices if you want extended coil life. I've got all three coil types so I'll update with a review of the trifecta in a week or so.

Personally, I hated the TFV4. Only the quad and octuple Claptons gave me the flavor I was looking for. It'll take a lot of convincing for me to give the TFV8 a try.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I now have three and I'm liking them a lot. I had a little juice leak from one of them through the air flow holes a few days ago but after I tightened everything up the leak stopped and hasn't come back. I am still hoping they come through with a caption coil at some point. .5 has been my favorite but all perform well for me.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally got my 2. Two of them, actually. I thought I cancelled one order when they told me their wholesaler didn't send the full shipment, so I ordered from another vendor. Both of them came in the mail yesterday. So far I'm loving it. Slight improvements in flavor, airflow, and aesthetics from the V1. I haven't had the time to burn through a coil yet, but the V1s didn't last me all that long, maybe 2-4 days. I'm a chain vaper who uses all the wrong juices if you want extended coil life. I've got all three coil types so I'll update with a review of the trifecta in a week or so.

Personally, I hated the TFV4. Only the quad and octuple Claptons gave me the flavor I was looking for. It'll take a lot of convincing for me to give the TFV8 a try.
I was never a fan of the TFV4 full size and mini. The TFV4 micro I like a lot better, great little flavor tank, just dont expect huge clouds.

The TFV8 is a huge upgrade over the TFV4's though imo. It is a really airy tank and can handle a lot more power than the Crown II. I still give the edge in flavor to the Crown II but the TFV8 has a lot less cons.

If your a cloud chaser than the TFV8 is going to be a big upgrade over the Crown II, flavor chaser not so much.

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
I gave the original one a shot. It was terrible. Leaked all over the place. I tried coil after coil, and nothing helped. After reading through this thread, I suppose it could have been the coils that were the problem all along.

I went back to my Kanger Subtank Plus, which isn't perfect either, but it's a lot closer to perfection than the Crown. I won't give the new version a shot.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I gave the original one a shot. It was terrible. Leaked all over the place. I tried coil after coil, and nothing helped. After reading through this thread, I suppose it could have been the coils that were the problem all along.

I went back to my Kanger Subtank Plus, which isn't perfect either, but it's a lot closer to perfection than the Crown. I won't give the new version a shot.
The Original Crown leaked? I have 6 of them and not one of them ever leaked a drop of juice.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is funny how people have different experiences with the same product. For me the Kanger Subtank Plus was a leak machine and the original Crown never gave me problems aside from a couple bad .50 ohm coils. The kanger STP worked better when deuces jack told me about the atom clapton coils, big improvement over the stock coils.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is funny how people have different experiences with the same product. For me the Kanger Subtank Plus was a leak machine and the original Crown never gave me problems aside from a couple bad .50 ohm coils. The kanger STP worked better when deuces jack told me about the atom clapton coils, big improvement over the stock coils.

Same here. My STM'S leaked a little now and then but never have any of my Crowns. Those Atom coils make a big difference in flavor. I still use my Subtank Plus everyday with those coils.

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years

I think it's because the industry is relatively immature still and they all have inconsistent manufacturing and quality control procedures in place. I see a lot more negative feedback about the Kanger Subtanks on the internet, but yet that has been the best performing tank to date for me. I tried the Aspir Clieto and the other Aspire tank that competed with the Kanger Subtanks, and they both sucked for me too. The Cleito was just as bad as the Crown for me, and that's one of the most popular tanks right now.

I find it ironic that I am still using the very first subtank I bought (Kanger), and all the tanks I bought to replace it couldn't get the job done. By the way, I'm not exactly in love with the Kanger either. It just performs better than anything else I tried so far.

The search continues. I just ordered the Innokin iSub APEX 5ml. Looking forward to giving that a shot.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just ordered a pack of CoilArt CTUL 0.2 kanthal coils for og Crown, off eBay (US vendor), not 3F. Will be interesting to see if it performs (lasts) well enough to keep the Crown out of the drawer. The wicking holes look a good bit bigger than on the Uwell coils. Maybe some of the good Crown flavor is from the 316SS wire, which is not in play here.

My beef with the original Crown was pure and simple; push the wattage over 70 with the 0.25, or use a sweetened liquid, and coil life was almost non-existent. I babied it along at 62w for awhile, and the coil life was not terrible, but other tanks outperformed it at that point. That being said, top fill was great, it didn't leak, spit, or gurgle, flavor was very good, and it was nicely machined.

As for the Crown II, not sure why I would need it, but open to suggestions. If it's the clouds, I have a tfv4 and Arctic V8 Mini.

My Kanger is ok, no strong motivation to stock up on coils, but it's been a reliable tank with good flavor, only leaking when there was a bad coil. If the Atom really transforms it, that's different. The Kanger has that tight little base, not much room to work with, so I'm guessing it might get hot over 40w or so.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As far as the original Crown goes I had a few janky coils from different vendors. Now I order my coils from ecig.com exclusively and so far they've all been good. I have 300 .25 coils from them and I haven't had a bad one yet.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Same here. My STM'S leaked a little now and then but never have any of my Crowns. Those Atom coils make a big difference in flavor. I still use my Subtank Plus everyday with those coils.

I guess I am going to have to try those Atom coils. I have and love my Subtank Nano, but flavor and coils suck. Even the Claptons. Thanks for sharing :)

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never a fan of the TFV4 full size and mini. The TFV4 micro I like a lot better, great little flavor tank, just dont expect huge clouds.

The TFV8 is a huge upgrade over the TFV4's though imo. It is a really airy tank and can handle a lot more power than the Crown II. I still give the edge in flavor to the Crown II but the TFV8 has a lot less cons.

If your a cloud chaser than the TFV8 is going to be a big upgrade over the Crown II, flavor chaser not so much.

That's good to hear. I'm all about flavor. I'm married and big clouds actually elicit annoying complaints from the wife so, of course, the TF-T8s (my favorite TFV4 coil and the only one I buy any more) is kind of a point of contention around my house. The Crowns aren't exactly stealth but at least you can still see the TV after a couple puffs.

I'm still considering the TFV8 but I'm waiting a bit for it to come down in price. My butt still hurts from all the cash I dropped testing all those TFV4 coils!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Original Crown leaked? I have 6 of them and not one of them ever leaked a drop of juice.

I've had a few Crown coils that leaked, but it's been 10% or less of them. I'm sure it's the coils because the vast majority have had zero leaking issues. So far the Crown 2 hasn't leaked on me once, but its coils have a more snug fit than the v1s did. You can see a little ring of space around the v1s but the v2s don't have any space between the coil and the base. I'm hoping that will alleviate all future leaking problems.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess I am going to have to try those Atom coils. I have and love my Subtank Nano, but flavor and coils suck. Even the Claptons. Thanks for sharing :)
The Aspire ones were shite, not even half as good as the Triton Claptons, but I've read better reviews of the other coils. I wish they made a Crown version.

I'm sure a lot of you have already heard of this, and I apologize if it was already mentioned in this thread and I missed it, but I had amazing results with the Rafale after I removed the anti spit back mechanism. It was like a whole new tank for me. If you haven't heard of this and are dissapointed in the Rafale's flavor, search on YouTube "uwell Rafale anti spit back fix". It's easy to do and really enhances the flavor.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure a lot of you have already heard of this, and I apologize if it was already mentioned in this thread and I missed it, but I had amazing results with the Rafale after I removed the anti spit back mechanism. It was like a whole new tank for me. If you haven't heard of this and are dissapointed in the Rafale's flavor, search on YouTube "uwell Rafale anti spit back fix". It's easy to do and really enhances the flavor.
I've read about that. Basically you just cut out the little bar in the chimney that they call a "spit-back mechanism," right? It allows for better airflow and flavor.

I don't own a Rafale, but I think I'm going to pick up the VRBA for it and use it in my Crown 2.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if/when Uwell plans to come out with more coils like a TC, RBA, or a Clapton? I know you can run TC on a mod in SS mode but my Spark only handles nickel and titanium. I can use my XCube II, but it's pretty ungainly for use all day.

VU Sponsors