Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown II (V2)

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have inside scoop on when these are available? I pre-ordered at Vape Royality.
From what I've gathered in searching it sounds like either this Friday or next, no real info out there. I am loving it so far and want another and some of the Clapton .8 coils as soon as they are available again!

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So is there anyone thats selling them now? Its almost end of June.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm not having any of those issues with the .5 ohm coil so far. I've vaped about six tanks through that one coil and it's still going strong. I did get mine from the uwell website so I may have gotten the newer coils with the tank.

On another note it looks like the uwell site has coils available for sale now but only the .25 and .5. I am holding out for the Clapton ones at .8 ohm, hopefully they come out soon.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have inside scoop on when these are available? I pre-ordered at Vape Royality.
One of the employees at VaporWorld told me that they were supposed to get the SS tanks in last Friday but they never arrived. I don't know if they got them yesterday (technically it's Tuesday...I'm up late) or not. My other question is whether they're allowed to put them up for sale as soon as they get them in or if there's a release date enforced by Uwell so that no vendors can get the jump on any others. That said, today's the 28th and they claim on their website that the tanks will be available sometime in June, so they've got two more days left to fulfill that claim.

If I were betting on it, I'd guess that a lot of vendors already have them in their warehouses, but they aren't allowed to release them until the 30th, so it's 2 more days of the waiting game.

NWFDC1q.gif

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A couple vendors had them for sale at vapor slam NY this but they sold out super quick. And worst of all I didn't get one

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
May I ask if it's not a stupid question lol
Are their clapton coils for version 1 crown yet? Premade I mean not RTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I for one will be getting one to try out ( If it gets decent reviews). I couldn't begin to say how many Crown coils I've been through in the 10 months I've been using them, and never not even once have I gotten a bad coil. I hear people tell about coils burning out in a day or less, but I've never experienced that. My coils last anywhere from 10-14 days. Never tried the Raffel because of the bad reviews and the non removable drip tip. I wish they would have done a V2 Crown before the Raffel junk....

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecigity has them in stock. I just ordered a black tank and a set of .8 ohm coils. I'm sure other places will have them soon as well.

Edit: And it shipped in less than an hour! I forgot they were in Hawaii lol

Last edited:

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coils sold out, at least the 0.25
Anyone know of another source for coils?

oxleyg29

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my Uwell Crown 2 today. After some testing I definitely prefer the 0.5 coil over the 0.25 coil. The flavor from the 0.5 coil is much more intense in my opinion. The clouds are also very similar between the 2. I'd say the flavor from the 0.5 coil is better than the flavor from the 0.25 coil in my original Uwell Crown which is saying a lot! I will be receiving the 0.8 coils to test on Tuesday. Those supposed to provide the best flavor of all 3 coils

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received my Uwell Crown 2 today. After some testing I definitely prefer the 0.5 coil over the 0.25 coil. The flavor from the 0.5 coil is much more intense in my opinion. The clouds are also very similar between the 2. I'd say the flavor from the 0.5 coil is better than the flavor from the 0.25 coil in my original Uwell Crown which is saying a lot! I will be receiving the 0.8 coils to test on Tuesday. Those supposed to provide the best flavor of all 3 coils

Awesome, congrats, so glad you like it. Good to know, keep us posted on how it does and the flavor on the .8 when you get them please?

oxleyg29

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome, congrats, so glad you like it. Good to know, keep us posted on how it does and the flavor on the .8 when you get them please?
I will report once I receive the 0.8 coils. I've read and watched a few reviews on the Crown 2 but none of those reviews compared the differences between each coil. So I intend to provide my opinion on them. I also notice a difference in performance between using the Crown 2 on my Sigelei 213 and Wismec Reuleaux RX200S. I prefer it on the Rouleaux. That might be due to the fact that the Crown 2 coils aren't properly locking onto resistance with the Sigelei...

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my stainless steel crown ii yesterday. So far the .25 has performed flawlessly. I'm loving it more than the original crown. Received a .5 but have yet to try it. Waiting on my .25 and .8 coils which will be here on Tuesday along with my juice order. I'm running the .25 between 70-80w. Have yet to go higher

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got mine on Friday. I already have had to replace the coil from dry/burn hits. Was using the .5 coil and plugging in the .25 now. I went ahead and ordered a 4 pack of coils as well. Not sure what went wrong with that coil but it has me a little annoyed. As someone who owns several Crowns I have high hopes for this one. I will say the flavor was as good or a little better than the Crown 1 but I will check back after I use the .25 for a while if it lasts a while that is.

Vapin_4_Real

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh and I got mine from Subtank Supply for 35 bucks shipped. Got the rep coils for 10.99 from myvaporstore.

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought my coils and tank from element vapes off eBay. I didn't get a dry hit til 95w. Coil is still performing flawless at 75-80w. Tried the .5 in my rafale and its tasty as well. Didn't see much difference besides the wattage. I'm up to 10 tanks on the .25. Probably still some bad batch coils out there

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My tank is on the way and I grabbed a pack of 0.8 coils because I'm really interested to see how they perform on flavor. Both the Aspire and the TFV4 claptons outperform their non-clapton versions on flavor. The Clieto does a really good job, as well, although they don't make a non-clapton so I don't have any way to compare with it. I'm a bit surprised that the 0.5 coils have better flavor than the 0.25s, despite Uwell's claim on their website. It was just the opposite, imo, with the Crown 1. They 0.5s weren't bad, don't get me wrong, but they weren't quite as good as the 0.25s. In my admittedly limited knowledge on the matter, I thought that the lower the resistance, the more power you could push through them thereby raising the temperature and, in turn, the flavor. Aside from the Clapton wraps, this seems to fly in the face of that rule. Any ideas why?

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My tank is on the way and I grabbed a pack of 0.8 coils because I'm really interested to see how they perform on flavor. Both the Aspire and the TFV4 claptons outperform their non-clapton versions on flavor. The Clieto does a really good job, as well, although they don't make a non-clapton so I don't have any way to compare with it. I'm a bit surprised that the 0.5 coils have better flavor than the 0.25s, despite Uwell's claim on their website. It was just the opposite, imo, with the Crown 1. They 0.5s weren't bad, don't get me wrong, but they weren't quite as good as the 0.25s. In my admittedly limited knowledge on the matter, I thought that the lower the resistance, the more power you could push through them thereby raising the temperature and, in turn, the flavor. Aside from the Clapton wraps, this seems to fly in the face of that rule. Any ideas why?
Looking at my Crown 2 Coils, the 0.25 vs. 0.5, there is no noticeable difference whatsoever. Both have the same wire, both have the same amount of cotton. I did notice a lot more spitback on the 0.5 but that maybe because its new, and stock coil. I still think a lot of people are getting bad, early production coils, and their main batches will be much better as they become readily available.

I also have 0.8 on the way with 0.25 so well see how it goes. I also tried my 0.20 Rafale coils, replaced their base with the bullet base from Crown 2 and they are working great. Rafale coils have much less cotton and smaller holes so its a bit different in terms of flavor/air/wicking. Just glad I can use them on the Crown 2.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a couple tanks on the way too. I want to try the .8 coils as well, but been holding off hoping they aren't selling the bad coils they made first round. Not sure if they are going to be claptons, I really hope so. About half the sites are listing them as claptons, and the other half is listing them as just kanthal parallel. Please let us know when you get them how they are.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK I just got my second crown 2 in black and I also got a set of .8 ohm coils. Good news is they are from the new batch as far as I can tell. They are shiny and not dull, I had heard the first batch was dull and fixed one is shiny. Bad news, or maybe not, is they aren't Clapton. Parallel kanthal for sure but I haven't tried one out yet so they may be good on flavor. I also have a set of .5 coils coming from a different vendor and I'm hoping they are the new batch as well. The black tank is bitchin looking for sure!!

Edit: side note, coils that came with first tank are dull but .5 has been going strong for 10 tanks or so, new tank came with shiny coils...fwiw

oxleyg29

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my 0.8 coils yesterday and have been testing it out. The flavor is slightly different/more intense vs the 0.5 coil with less vapor production. I've been running it at around 50w on my RX200S. I did notice that the coil darkens my juice by the time it hits the half full mark,which may also be altering the flavor. I did not notice this with the 0.25 or 0.5 coils but it could also be due to the 0.8 coil burning through less juice thus allowing the juice to remain in the tank longer exposing it to heat. Or maybe the kanthal wire is causing the discoloration due to burning? If I had to chose 1 coil out of the 3 I'd likely go with the 0.5 coil over the 0.8 but it's really a toss-up. My mind could change over time. I haven't had much time with either coil,less than a few hours with the 0.8 coil. I'll try to report back if anything changes!

oxleyg29

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my 0.8 coils yesterday and have been testing it out. The flavor is slightly different/more intense vs the 0.5 coil with less vapor production. I've been running it at around 50w on my RX200S. I did notice that the coil darkens my juice by the time it hits the half full mark,which may also be altering the flavor. I did not notice this with the 0.25 or 0.5 coils but it could also be due to the 0.8 coil burning through less juice thus allowing the juice to remain in the tank longer exposing it to heat. Or maybe the kanthal wire is causing the discoloration due to burning? If I had to chose 1 coil out of the 3 I'd likely go with the 0.5 coil over the 0.8 but it's really a toss-up. My mind could change over time. I haven't had much time with either coil,less than a few hours with the 0.8 coil. I'll try to report back if anything changes!

Edit: l'll report back after a full day of use with the 0.8 coil. That should allow it to fully break in. The flavor is outstanding so far though! I am using my favorite juice called Nillionaire by Independent Vapor Company. If you haven't tried it go to their site and order some. Just prepare for your mind to be blown... That's all I can say. It must be experienced out of a crown 1 or 2

oxleyg29

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Upon further review I do not recommend the 0.8 coils. For some reason these coils are burning the juice and/or cotton causing a change in flavor that I do not like compared to the other 2 coils. This happens while being under the recommended max of 55w. I used it at around 45w and it still caused this issue with 2 separate coils. Below 40w brings out much less flavor as well. Stick with 0.5 coils or 0.25 if you prefer. This is just my opinion

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know why you guys just use an RTA these pre made coils can't even be dry burned for testing the coils. You never know if your going to get a shity coil.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any consensus on whether the .25 or .50 ohm coils are better? I am looking for the most flavorful but at the same time looking for a dense vape. I have one on the way after trying the Rafale I just got with the spit guard removed, much better tank that way and the 0.25 ohm coil is working great so far.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any consensus on whether the .25 or .50 ohm coils are better? I am looking for the most flavorful but at the same time looking for a dense vape. I have one on the way after trying the Rafale I just got with the spit guard removed, much better tank that way and the 0.25 ohm coil is working great so far.
Looking at both 0.25 vs 0.5, they are exactly the same other than Ohm difference. I had more spitback with 0.5 which made it more flavorful. Not sure if its just early production coils. 0.25 tastes great as as.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have five Crown tanks, after buying a couple TFV8 tanks, all the Crowns are now retired, absolutely no comparison to those coil burning pieces of shit Crowns.

They were fine when they first came out...bought a shitload of the coils then....now it's hit and miss...more misses than hits regarding junk coils. I hope those assholes go out of business since they favor greed over quality and customer satisfaction.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have five Crown tanks, after buying a couple TFV8 tanks, all the Crowns are now retired, absolutely no comparison to those coil burning pieces of shit Crowns.

They were fine when they first came out...bought a shitload of the coils then....now it's hit and miss...more misses than hits regarding junk coils. I hope those assholes go out of business since they favor greed over quality and customer satisfaction.
I have 6 original Crowns. All but 2 are retired. I love the tank but I agree with inspects. Coils are hit or miss but I absolutely hated the tfv4. Couldn't stand the top fill or that stupid vape band. I keep the original Crown around for quick changes. I don't always have time to build or rewick. I have 300 .25 Vapocalypse coils for the Crown so I'm good for a while, even if I have a few duds. I may have to give the TFV8 a shot but first I'm getting a Aromamizer Supreme and Cthulhu RTA III.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I definitely like the original Crown over the tfv4, I have the full size and mini. Yeah the coils can be hit or miss, only 2 bad coils for me. The tfv4 coils were also more expensive, even with a bad coil now and then the Crown was less expensive over the long run.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 6 original Crowns. All but 2 are retired. I love the tank but I agree with inspects. Coils are hit or miss but I absolutely hated the tfv4. Couldn't stand the top fill or that stupid vape band. I keep the original Crown around for quick changes. I don't always have time to build or rewick. I have 300 .25 Vapocalypse coils for the Crown so I'm good for a while, even if I have a few duds. I may have to give the TFV8 a shot but first I'm getting a Aromamizer Supreme and Cthulhu RTA III.

Jack...just received the two Supremes in the mail today, the SS and Black..if their half as good as Steve says I'll be happy.

Dale

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Steve sure is a great salesman, I have a Aromamizer Supreme on it's way to me as well, Steve convinced me too.....

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I'm going on. I'm also going to pick up a Mage.

I love the Mage, flavor for days. Watch Daniels youtube video on it, I wicked just like he did and (as that weirdo youtuber would say) it's sick as tits.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The originals mj....I didn't push my luck with their other junk.
Yep, same for me. I didn't buy the Rafale or the Crown II because I don't like the way they do business. Real shitty customer service. Besides, now I'm really into the RTA's.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Problem with TFV8 is that it guzzles juice like crazy. I dont know about you but as FDA hammer comes down you will regret owning those type of tanks. Personally Crown tank and their coils have been good to me.
Make my own jooce, let her suck....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's really a shame crown didn't find a reliable coil manufacturer, I really like the atty, but after using up the first batch of coils I bought about a year ago, which was about 20 boxes, it's been nothing but coils lasting a couple days and they shit the brick....start getting burnt hits even at low wattage (45-50 watts)....that's insane..the original coils would last until I changed them because of flavor...never had one burn even at 120 watts.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I read ur post I ordered 5 more .25 coils-
Won't last me for too long but a decent amount lol
I have other coils other tanks I'll make it almost a year

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hope my local Vape shops stay open- that bothers me.
They worked HARD and are entitled to a business!
How dare that get taken from them - a family business?
That along w losing my RIGHTS makes me angry-there's a FEW STORES- around me like 4 in each town.
Not fair

VU Sponsors