Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown II (V2)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why wouldn't you get the Rafale NI200 coils? the combo with the Crown II tank to me is the best there is right now. You could just try a pack of the coils are cheaper than a new tank. Unless you are against NI200 or something. I kid you not, this went from very bad to outstanding. I have been on the same coil for over 200ML. YMMV though.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have anything against nickel. I'm not a huge fan of TC but if it will make this tank worth it, I'm open to anything. I'll try it and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am just guessing you will be very pleased with the NI200 coils. I can't speak for you though. To me hands down better than the V3 coils. Those last a day and these last weeks with more production and better flavor. Way better flavor Imo.

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These coils are extremely easy to rebuild if you have common knowledge of working with these kinds of things. Simply use a metal rod or the equivalent push the bad coil out, use a torch lighter burn off any gunk or chemical that may be on a new or old coil. Wrap with new cotton (it helps to use a rod to keep the coil from deforming I used an antenna from an old radio) and slide it back in to the housing. Just make sure it is tight but not too tight or it will leak. You want to wrap the cotton around thick enough to where it is almost too tight to fit take a small flat-head screwdriver or tweezers and gently work around the cotton and slowly push it down until it's all the way back in. Insert the 5-10 insulator and 510 pin. When you put the pin in, the last rap on the coil has a tendency to bend up, make sure that doesn't happen I believe that's a problem they had with the version 2 coils. If done right these coils will be better than any of the previous coils and will not have any of the issues that everyone is having. I wouldn't recommend this if you do not know what you're doing! not for beginners! Good luck I hope this helps everyone out.

Last edited:

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, if this guy is to be believed...

...then I just picked up several packs of Crown II v3 coils from eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201628175436

As you can see, they have the larger UPC sticker he talks about. I'll post here once I receive them and compare them to the pathetic 1-day lifespan of the v2 coils.

s-l1600.jpg
I have the version 3 coils sent directly from a Uwell rep and they do not have the Chinese labels. They look identical to the previous versions.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the V3, says made in China. Per that review. They could have switched production back to USA after they had issues with V3 as well. So there could be later V3 examples for all I know. I am just speculating I have no idea what they did. Meanwhile I find the Rafale NI200 coils to be vastly superior. Although I have yet to have the supposed "good" V3 coils. They could have changed the labels too. Do they say "Made in USA"?

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the V3, says made in China. Per that review. They could have switched production back to USA after they had issues with V3 as well. So there could be later V3 examples for all I know. I am just speculating I have no idea what they did. Meanwhile I find the Rafale NI200 coils to be vastly superior. Although I have yet to have the supposed "good" V3 coils. They could have changed the labels too. Do they say "Made in USA"?
These are from version 1 2 and 3 and they are all the same. Mine are from the US. One set was bought with the tank from Uwell the first week of release (v1) the next from vape 101 another set from a local BM store supposedly v2. Another .25 from Uwell ( v3). Still had problems so i called uwell because i thought they were the v2 because they didnt have the gray 510 insulator but he told me that was wrong just the reviewers got those. But since they were having so many problems they sent me another batch of the v3 .25

Attachments

• 1471522803244-608726102.jpg
    1471522803244-608726102.jpg
    808.8 KB · Views: 23

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to say I like the .5 coils the best. They seem to have the best flavor and last the longest. When I used the first crown tank, all i used was the .25 coils.

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are from version 1 2 and 3 and they are all the same. Mine are from the US. One set was bought with the tank from Uwell the first week of release (v1) the next from vape 101 another set from a local BM store supposedly v2. Another .25 from Uwell ( v3). Still had problems so i called uwell because i thought they were the v2 because they didnt have the gray 510 insulator but he told me that was wrong just the reviewers got those. But since they were having so many problems they sent me another batch of the v3 .25
Just bought a pack of .5 coils and they do have the Chinese label so I guess they do indicate the latest version. Still no noticeable differences from the old coils.

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
For those using the Rafale Ni coils in the Crown II - just curious what temp and wattage you are running at?

Also -- had a very weird error when using on my Hohm Slice. The first coil kept saying "Bad Atomizer". Replaced with a 2nd coil, said the same thing but then went away after a while. Not sure if this is a coil issue or something with the chip in the Hohm.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No errors on any of mine. Screw the coil in tight since it is a drop shorter than the Crown's. I am using 120w at 530F,8.9 Preheat Custom NI200 CSV. I am crazy though. Still, It has now been 10 days on this coil and I am really punishing it. To be sane I would recommend 80W at 500F.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the version 3 coils sent directly from a Uwell rep and they do not have the Chinese labels. They look identical to the previous versions.
Interesting. I have no idea who that Youtuber is, so he could just be making it up for all I know. I just was looking for any info I could find on the v3 coils. I did get several packs with the top label in the pic below when the tank first became available in the US, then this week I bought three packs of 0.8s with the bottom label off of eBay because the seller had the "Made in China" sticker in his product pics. The more recent purchase with the bigger sticker does have cotton that fits below the bottom of the coil whereas with the others I had to do the DIY fix and push the coil up and under the cotton.

Crowns.jpg

I don't know if the new supposed v3 coils with the bigger sticker are any better yet since I just got them in the mail yesterday, but I'll post once I've worn out a few and have an idea if they're any better than the v2s or not.

I also decided to take GorGon's advice and get some Rafale nickel coils. They're on the way and I look forward to trying them out. I've got two TC mods, so if they bring the tank up to the level of my expectations, I'll just stick with them. I also grabbed some Crown 1 coils because if both of these attempts fail to make the Crown 2 as good as the 1, I'm just going to stick to the original. I'm definitely more interested in performance than appearance, and I know what I'm getting from the 1.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same ones as in the bottom picture. They are rotten IMO. The only chance with this tank is to use the TC coils. The 1 is a better tank quite frankly but this, with these these coils leaks way less. My coil finally went on the 12Th day. It was still going but I felt the taste declined. I could have used it Five more days most likely. I do not know where made in USA coils came from. Perhaps Uwell special reserve? I don't doubt anyone, just not what I am seeing.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My favorite tank as well but I'm sticking with my original Crown. I'm not buying anymore of their crap after they screwed everyone with their bad batch of coils. They were aware of it and refused to correct it. I don't business with companies like that.

I contacted Uwell directly since I purchased 16 tubes of coils. I sent mine back and they're sending me replacements of the new version. You may want to do that. They'll want a photo of the tubes and I also took a photo of the UPC. No problem. Waiting on them now.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Interesting. I have no idea who that Youtuber is, so he could just be making it up for all I know. I just was looking for any info I could find on the v3 coils. I did get several packs with the top label in the pic below when the tank first became available in the US, then this week I bought three packs of 0.8s with the bottom label off of eBay because the seller had the "Made in China" sticker in his product pics. The more recent purchase with the bigger sticker does have cotton that fits below the bottom of the coil whereas with the others I had to do the DIY fix and push the coil up and under the cotton.

Crowns.jpg

I don't know if the new supposed v3 coils with the bigger sticker are any better yet since I just got them in the mail yesterday, but I'll post once I've worn out a few and have an idea if they're any better than the v2s or not.

I also decided to take GorGon's advice and get some Rafale nickel coils. They're on the way and I look forward to trying them out. I've got two TC mods, so if they bring the tank up to the level of my expectations, I'll just stick with them. I also grabbed some Crown 1 coils because if both of these attempts fail to make the Crown 2 as good as the 1, I'm just going to stick to the original. I'm definitely more interested in performance than appearance, and I know what I'm getting from the 1.

I sent mine back to Uwell for replacements.

Uwell Defective UPC.jpg

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the same ones as in the bottom picture. They are rotten IMO. The only chance with this tank is to use the TC coils. The 1 is a better tank quite frankly but this, with these these coils leaks way less. My coil finally went on the 12Th day. It was still going but I felt the taste declined. I could have used it Five more days most likely. I do not know where made in USA coils came from. Perhaps Uwell special reserve? I don't doubt anyone, just not what I am seeing.
Agreed. My first round were the top tube, but the second ones are no better. Although they don't seem to go from good to burnt in a single puff, they lose flavor and are worthless in 1 day. I'm on day 4 since I got the coils with the bigger "Made in China" sticker on them and I'm also on coil 4. I'm going to give the Rafale nickel coils a try when they get here, but I'm done with the regular Crown 2 coils until they either fix them or offer some new types that last at least 3 or 4 days. I'm not picky. I use sweet juice and go through a lot of it, so I don't expect coils to last me a week or more, but they should not be crapping out in a day or less. At that rate I'm spending as much on vaping as I was on cigarettes.

I'll use the tank if the Rafale coils make it worthwhile, but I'll probably just go back to my Crown 1 for the most part. I know it performs and the coils are a little cheaper, so it's kind of a no-brainer. I'm just flummoxed as to how Uwell could knock it out of the park with the Crown 1, then fall so flat with the Rafale and Crown 2. They must've just gotten lucky the first time.

I was hoping the Crown 2 would soothe my itch to buy a new tank, but it looks like the search must go on. I can't decide between Geekvape's Eagle with all those beautiful, re-wickable coils and the TFV8. I wasn't a huge fan of the TFV4, so I'm leaning toward the Eagle. Plus, ALL THOSE BEAUTIFUL COILS!!! Mmmm...coils!

geek_vape_hbc_handbuild_coils.png

Homer%20Whoo%20Hoo%20LARGE_zpsbb1zbrmb.jpg

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I so want to get the new Crown 2 but am not excited about taking a chance of buying crappy coils.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trust me, if you vape a lot you do not want a TFV8! It freaking guzzles juice. To me right now the Crown II with the Rafale coils is the best there is. At the moment. I can get about 280ML on a coil and it tastes yum plus clouds. If you vape too fast you can get dry hits. I mean like a mad person though. Let it rewick.

Still, you know what we are discussing here is pathetic? If I could build my own they last like Two months and cost 20 Cents. I did not smoke Analogs. I smoked 8+ large cigars a day. Real bad. So quite frankly even though this is a lot it is still much cheaper.

Someone just needs to build a coil that is like a throw away RBA. How hard can that be? I was a scientist before I got hurt real bad. So I would have attempted it myself. Perhaps it is harder than I think. I have an idea they want us to keep buying coils though.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I so want to get the new Crown 2 but am not excited about taking a chance of buying crappy coils.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
As far as I can tell, it's not a chance, it's a guarantee. I'm not positive I got the v3 coils, but both of my orders were the shiny stainless steel so I know I didn't get the v1s, and they had different UPC stickers on them so it would stand to reason they were different versions. If that's the case, then I can tell you from personal experience that the v2s will go bad in 1-2 tanks with an immediate switch to a burnt flavor. the v3s will also only last 1-2 tanks, but they just have a significantly diminished flavor without the burnt taste. I would stay far away until Uwell solves this problem.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trust me, if you vape a lot you do not want a TFV8! It freaking guzzles juice. To me right now the Crown II with the Rafale coils is the best there is. At the moment. I can get about 280ML on a coil and it tastes yum plus clouds. If you vape too fast you can get dry hits. I mean like a mad person though. Let it rewick.

Still, you know what we are discussing here is pathetic? If I could build my own they last like Two months and cost 20 Cents. I did not smoke Analogs. I smoked 8+ large cigars a day. Real bad. So quite frankly even though this is a lot it is still much cheaper.

Someone just needs to build a coil that is like a throw away RBA. How hard can that be? I was a scientist before I got hurt real bad. So I would have attempted it myself. Perhaps it is harder than I think. I have an idea they want us to keep buying coils though.
I figured it would, just like it's big brother the TFV4. That's why I'm leaning toward the Eagle. That plus my experience with these coils. The coils for the Eagle are basically pre-made RBA decks that you can clean and re-wick when they get too nasty to use any more. I've avoided building because I'm lazy and my wife already complains about how much time I spend with my vape gear, but it will be worth it to just buy cotton after the initial investment, plus I don't really have to learn how to build, just how to re-wick properly. I've already ordered some Rafale TC coils, too. If they are as good as you say, I'll keep this tank and just go that route. Here's hoping!

For the life of me, I can't figure out what's with these Crown 2 coils. I just pulled this one apart after 1.5 tanks and, although the cotton is a bit singed and there's a little bit of gunk buildup, I can't see any reason that the flavor would have just dropped off the face of the planet like it did. I ran this coil from about 11 a.m. to 7 p.m today at 35 watts on a Sigelei Spark the entire time. In ten draws it went from tasting great to barely tasting like anything at all. I'm at a loss here. They should work fine, at least for a while. Any engineers out there have a clue what's up with these?

Crown_2_coil.jpg

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well some bad news. I just put in a Rafale TC coil that is .02 Ohm's! Oops! It looks like Uwell just sucks. I agree, How they got the Crown ! right is beyond me. Watch those coils go south now. The Eagle sounds like just what I need. I am severely disabled but I think I could manage that with a "Third hand" device.

If there are any engineers present maybe they would please help me too. I am so sad right now. My Triade mod will not accept any battery power but it will accept USB power. If anyone wants to look at that thread I would really appreciate it. I do not mean to cross post, just giving a heads up. I really need help.

The problem with this hobby is what we spend on bum equipment. Tobacco just tends to work as intended lol. Well, of course you can get a cracked Cigar but you can still smoke it at least. It is not dead like all this Vape gear we buy. They are screwing us just trying to be more healthy. Okay, sorry I am ranting.

Edit: The Eagle looks great but no NI200? I really prefer it. Even though some think it may be bad for ones health. I have no evidence of that but what do I know.

Last edited:

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
@GorGon27 - I have been using the Rafale Ni coil (.1 ohm) with the Crown II, as others have suggested, and its been vaping just fine.

Are you trying the SS coil from Rafale, as I wasn't aware of a .2 Ni coil for Rafale?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I suggested it first and it works great.

I think you misunderstood me. It is a bad coil. They are supposed to all be .10 the one that is .02 might as well be an open circuit. Not .2, .02! No mod will fire that low. Anyways i was just saying I got a bad coil. Even if I could fire it I would toss it. I did in fact. They are allowed a few duds but not every single one like the SS for Crown II.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I suggested it first and it works great.

I think you misunderstood me. It is a bad coil. They are supposed to all be .10 the one that is .02 might as well be an open circuit. Not .2, .02! No mod will fire that low. Anyways i was just saying I got a bad coil. Even if I could fire it I would toss it. I did in fact. They are allowed a few duds but not every single one like the SS for Crown II.
I get a little bit of variance from coil to coil. Both my Sig and XCube read down to the thousandth decimal and I've only come across one or two coils that are dead on. However, the variance usually isn't by more than .02 ohms. I think I've seen a few that were off by .03 but that's the most. I've never seen one that's off a full tenth. I haven't ever had any problems using the coils that are off by two or three hundredths of an ohm. For a while I was using the XCube's ability to set the resistance to correct it, but after a while that got old and I couldn't tell a difference so I quit doing it. However, I'd be wary of a coil that was off by a full tenth ohm or more. I doubt it would hurt the mod, but you'd probably have to get a calculator out to figure what wattage you should be running it at since the listed power recommendations on the coil couldn't be trusted.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I considered that one a bad coil. I tossed it. AS I said any company is entitled to a few duds but not every one. I mean like the SS Crown II coils. Obviously V3 did not fix the issue even though I can see the extra cotton. Per yourself I cannot figure out what is wrong with them. Perhaps bad wire? I also do not know about made in USA ones Vs. made in China ones. All I got was the made in China.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I considered that one a bad coil. I tossed it. AS I said any company is entitled to a few duds but not every one. I mean like the SS Crown II coils. Obviously V3 did not fix the issue even though I can see the extra cotton. Per yourself I cannot figure out what is wrong with them. Perhaps bad wire? I also do not know about made in USA ones Vs. made in China ones. All I got was the made in China.
Yeah, the only thing I can think of is that circular piece of metal that covers the coil on top. It's the only obvious difference between the Crown 1 and 2 coils, but the Rafale coils have that and they aren't suffering from it apparently. The wicking holes are a little bit bigger in the new ones, but that should be a good thing. If anything, it would only cause an increase in spitback due to flooding the coil.

Well, my Rafale TC coils are finally on the way. I ordered them Friday, but I guess it was past ecig's time to send out mail, so they went out this morning. They only have to come from Oklahoma City to Tulsa so they should be here tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a little longer than that for my 120ml Crazy Toucan to get here from LA. :-(

I also got three cases of Crown 1 coils just to ensure I'm covered for a little while, too.

Interesting side note. Uwell has cut the price of the Rafale coils on their website to $9.99. Ecig still beats them at $8.25, but compared to the fifteen bucks they're charging for both types of crown coils, it's a bargain.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Darnit! I paid $10.24 at VapeNW and I thought that was a good deal. I ordered a lot so I gues I got riped off. It was obviously because the Rafale was a fail but the coils certainly were not. In the Crown II tank I see nothing better at the moment.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Darnit! I paid $10.24 at VapeNW and I thought that was a good deal. I ordered a lot so I gues I got riped off. It was obviously because the Rafale was a fail but the coils certainly were not. In the Crown II tank I see nothing better at the moment.
Hahaha! Sorry to hear that. Didn't mean to upset you. I used vaporworld.biz for a long time because they have Crown 1 coils for $8.99 and now their Crown 2 coils are $9.99. Then I found ecig.com and they beat VW by about $1.00 on the Crown coils and $4.75 for the Rafales. It's strange because they're both in Oklahoma City. I don't know if Oklahoma City has some sort of tax incentives for vaping products or what. I live in Tulsa and all of the shops around here are like everywhere else, $5-$15 above online prices, depending on the product. I just spent ten bucks on two Crown ni200 coils at a place up the street to cover me until my order arrives. I would've gotten the Rafales but they were out.

Which brings me to a question. Have you tried the other Rafale SS coils in the Crown 2 or just the TC ones? My Sig doesn't do TC with SS but my XCube does, so if they're also good in the tank I'll give them a run after I use up the ni200 coils.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have the NI200 which is the metal I like best. Again though, I must tell you some people speculate it is bad for your health. I know nothing about that. I feel it has the best flavor and the most production.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using the rafale ss .5 coils in my crown 2 but I don't like the airflow through the bottom pin so I am switching them out for some crown 2 coil bottom pins and they work great so far.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crown just released a dedicated rba section for the Crown II: https://myuwell.com/collections/coils/products/crown-ii-rba

I have been using the Rafale VRBA in my Crown II for a more than a month with excellent results but but haven't rebuilt it yet, it already comes built to use out of the box. I got the Rafalle VRBA for $2.95 during the vape royalty 4th of July sale so keep an eye on there sire to see if they do the same sale for Labor day: http://www.vaperoyalty.com/uwell-rafale-vrba-head-kit/

The new Crown II RBA looks a lot easier to build than the Rafalle VRBA, I am going to keep an eye out for a sale on one come Labor Day weekend.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only have the NI200 which is the metal I like best. Again though, I must tell you some people speculate it is bad for your health. I know nothing about that. I feel it has the best flavor and the most production.
The kid at the vape store I frequented in Stillwater was a chemical engineering student, and he told me that the fear about nickel was unwarranted. Nickel can release a toxic gas if raised to high enough a temperature. However, it takes like 1,000 or more degrees fahrenheit before nickel releases the dangerous chemical. Since no TC mods I've seen go above 600 degrees and nobody ever pushes them that high, anyway, there's really nothing to worry about.

BTW, I'm just breaking in my first Rafale 0.1-ohm Ni200 coil right now. I'm up to 25 joules and 350 degrees and the flavor is starting to come on.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using the rafale ss .5 coils in my crown 2 but I don't like the airflow through the bottom pin so I am switching them out for some crown 2 coil bottom pins and they work great so far.
I will probably give that a try and see which one I like better. Not owning a Rafale, I have no idea about their coils. I just put the first one I've ever used into my Crown 2 30 minutes ago. Which one is best for flavor, the nickel, 0.2, or 0.5?

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's official. The first Rafale coil I tried has outlasted every single one of the 6 tubes of Crown 2 coil I've used. The flavor is just as good, too. Thanks for all the good advice, folks! You just kept me from tossing that tank into the garbage in disgust.

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a black crown tank and the coils it came with have to be the v3. The 510 insulator is yellow instead of black and the diameter of the coil is bigger than all the other versions and it seems they're using a thicker non resistance wire as well. So far 6 days and going strong with the 0.5 coil.

Biggamz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a black crown tank and the coils it came with have to be the v3. The 510 insulator is yellow instead of black and the diameter of the coil is bigger than all the other versions and it seems they're using a thicker non resistance wire as well. So far 6 days and going strong with the 0.5 coil.
20160831_182241.jpg

Last edited:

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
Good to hear this. Would be great if we could find online vendors that offer the latest v3 replacement coils, as I haven't found many to date. That said, I've been happy with using the Rafale Ni coils so far.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, both the bands are yellow? The top one has been yellow in all the versions I've seen and the bottom rubber insulator is black, like this:

Crown-V2_07.jpg

I got some off of eBay that had the "Made in China" label that was supposedly the only way you could tell they were v3s without removing the air intake to see if the cotton came down below the coil. It did, but none of them lasted a full 2 days. I hope you're right, but according to all the YouTubers, whose "expertise" I take with several grains of salt, the UPC label and the deeper cotton are the two indicators of a v3 coil. My fingers are crossed!

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My tank started leaking out of the 510 pin. I can't figure out what is causing it. All seals are intact. I might just be getting it too hot and the seals are deforming with that heat. Since I chain vape at high wattage and temps. I have supposedly the latest "bullet" coils and they simply suck. I do not use them now.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My tank started leaking out of the 510 pin. I can't figure out what is causing it. All seals are intact. I might just be getting it too hot and the seals are deforming with that heat. Since I chain vape at high wattage and temps. I have supposedly the latest "bullet" coils and they simply suck. I do not use them now.
Yeah, unfortunately this tank has proven itself worthless. I know I can buy Rafale coils for it, but why would I spend the extra dollar per coil when I can get better flavor out of the Crown 1? If they come out with some new coils I'll give them another shot, and I may try the RBA when it's released, but until then I've got one more Rafale coil left and then my 2 is going into the box with my protanks and tube mods.

Last edited:

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! I actually looked at those pics last week and thought that they had just removed the black band and it was the gold airflow intake that looked yellow. Now, the important question...where can I get some?

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice! I actually looked at those pics last week and thought that they had just removed the black band and it was the gold airflow intake that looked yellow. Now, the important question...where can I get some?
Their website

My favorite tank as well but I'm sticking with my original Crown. I'm not buying anymore of their crap after they screwed everyone with their bad batch of coils. They were aware of it and refused to correct it. I don't business with companies like that.

I made the mistake of buying the crown 2 and a tube of coils. It's now going to live in my bin as it's the biggest load of crap I have ever used and the coils despite looking good are the worst I have used DO NOT BUY! Their customer service is also very poor as I found out and is the reason I am stuck with a little black metal piece of leacky crap

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their website
Sorry, I forgot the words "for a decent price." Also I don't want to give my money directly to Uwell, just on principle. They knew the coils were crap when they sent them out. It's not like they just used computer modeling and never actually had people use the things before they put them on the market. They had to know they wouldn't last a full day of regular vaping, but they put them out anyway. I know it's just a symbolic boycott as whatever place I buy them from paid Uwell for them, but I'm used to paying $8 or $9 per box, not $14, so I have two reasons not to buy direct from the manufacturer.
I made the mistake of buying the crown 2 and a tube of coils. It's now going to live in my bin as it's the biggest load of crap I have ever used and the coils despite looking good are the worst I have used DO NOT BUY! Their customer service is also very poor as I found out and is the reason I am stuck with a little black metal piece of leacky crap
I'm going to give those v3 coils with two yellow bands before I permanently banish it to the garbage box. If they don't match the Crown 1 coils in performance and longevity, I'm done with it, too.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
I sent ecig.com a message and they responded that they just got the v3s with two yellow bands in stock for $9.00.

Anyone like me who is willing to give Uwell one more bite at the apple with the new coils, I doubt you'll beat their price. Find it here: http://www.ecig.com/uwell-crown-2-coils-4-pack-sus316.html

I'm ordering now and I'll post once I've given them a try.
I'll feel better about ordering from ecig when I see pics updated on their site. I've spoken to them in the past and they indicated they had v3, then they checked and they really didn't. But, when you get them, please post pics to show they are indeed the yellow bands.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sent ecig.com a message and they responded that they just got the v3s with two yellow bands in stock for $9.00.

Anyone like me who is willing to give Uwell one more bite at the apple with the new coils, I doubt you'll beat their price. Find it here: http://www.ecig.com/uwell-crown-2-coils-4-pack-sus316.html

I'm ordering now and I'll post once I've given them a try.
How certain are you/they? I just contacted them by chat and was told they dont know...

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
How certain are you/they? I just contacted them by chat and was told they dont know...
EXACTLY! I've gotten different responses from ecig depending on who you speak with. When I last contacted them, they said they had the v3. Then I pressed them to ask the warehouse directly and they came back to say that no, they did not have the v3. So...I'm not going to jump on a purchase here until someone can verify that they have received the v3 and/or ecig updates their website to make this explicit. Until then, I'll stick with my Rafale Ni coils.

VU Sponsors