Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown II (V2)

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
I love the .8 coils at 30-35W. They are my favorites. They are the best flavor of both options for me.
I had this same issue with the Crown v1's 1.2ohm coils, where I had to use them near their maximum wattage just to get a decent vapor. I have to use the 0.8ohm coils @ 42w just to get decent vapor, I assume it's just me?

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had this same issue with the Crown v1's 1.2ohm coils, where I had to use them near their maximum wattage just to get a decent vapor. I have to use the 0.8ohm coils @ 42w just to get decent vapor, I assume it's just me?
30-35W isn't the max wattage on the .8 coils. I get good vapor production and flavor from them. The flavor is better than the .5 coils to me. I consider them kind of middle of the road for vapor, not light, but not clouds, bro, clouds. If you use them at 42W they are just a little warmer and maybe slightly increased vapor? Depends on what everyone likes. I like a warm but not hot vape. I hated the 1.2 coils on the V1. Flavor sucked and draw was too tight.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
30-35W isn't the max wattage on the .8 coils. I get good vapor production and flavor from them. The flavor is better than the .5 coils to me. I consider them kind of middle of the road for vapor, not light, but not clouds, bro, clouds. If you use them at 42W they are just a little warmer and maybe slightly increased vapor? Depends on what everyone likes. I like a warm but not hot vape. I hated the 1.2 coils on the V1. Flavor sucked and draw was too tight.
Yeah I know, 55w is the max, but on the 0.5ohm coils I used 54w which is near minimum. The draw on this isn't as bad as the Crown v1's 1.2ohm coils, but it's not the huge improvement I was kind of hoping for :confused:

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
Do you poke holes in your 0.8ohm coils? I was thinking it might help make it pull better, but I've read that you shouldn't [have to] do this with the Uwell Crown v2 coils.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you poke holes in your 0.8ohm coils? I was thinking it might help make it pull better, but I've read that you shouldn't [have to] do this with the Uwell Crown v2 coils.
I haven't needed to. The pull seems fine to me, but I don't like a super airy draw either. I don't like a lot of resistance either, kind of middle of the road I guess. The juice holes look like the same size to me on the .5 and .8 coils, I might be wrong though. I'm not sure what version of the coils I have, but they have the yellow seals. I haven't had any problems with dry hits or anything either.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the people curious about ecig.com's Crown v2 coils, they're the v3 coils with the yellow insulator ring, I ordered a pack of 0.8ohm coils with my Crown v2 last week.

How do you guys prime your Crown v2 coils, since they're a protector over the cotton? Also, I seem to be getting leakage a few hours after refilling, not sure what's causing it at this point.

Has anyone used the 0.8ohm coils yet? Apparently they're the best in terms of flavor, but I'm a bit nervous since the Crown v1's 1.2ohm coils were complete shit.
It looks like I ordered right before ecig switched from the black insulator to the yellow. That's just my luck. I've gotten my hands on some 0.5s with the yellow insulator band, though, and they're much better than any of the previous Crown II coils I've tried.

I prime them by putting 2-4 drops on each wicking hole and letting them soak in completely. After that, I let it sit for at least 15 minutes inside a full tank before I put any power through them. Then I start at 15 watts and take short draws, only putting power to the coils for 2-3 seconds at a time. I go up in 5-watt increments every 4 or 5 minutes until I hit the bottom end of the recommended wattage. Only then do I take a full draw. It seems to work pretty well so far.

Even when I was using the short-lived v1 or v2 coils, the 0.8s had great flavor until they crapped out. I would say they definitely were better than the 0.2s and slightly better than the 0.5s, although the difference between the two higher-resistance coils was minimal. If you prefer using the SS coils in TC mode, you aren't missing out on a ton of flavor. If you are running variable wattage mode, then I'd go with the 0.8s for that extra bit of flavor.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can, but it doesn't effect the pull at all. The reason for poking holes in the Crown 1 coils was to improve wicking, not to improve the draw. The same goes for the Crown 2s. They wick just fine without them, although I still poke holes in them out of habit if I have a thumbtack around.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
You can, but it doesn't effect the pull at all. The reason for poking holes in the Crown 1 coils was to improve wicking, not to improve the draw. The same goes for the Crown 2s. They wick just fine without them, although I still poke holes in them out of habit if I have a thumbtack around.
Wouldn't a sewing needle be better? Thumbtacks poke a huge hole it seems. I guess it's just how the Crown 1's 1.2ohm & Crown v2's 0.8ohm coils are, just wish they drew similarly to the 0.5ohm coils.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn't a sewing needle be better? Thumbtacks poke a huge hole it seems. I guess it's just how the Crown 1's 1.2ohm & Crown v2's 0.8ohm coils are, just wish they drew similarly to the 0.5ohm coils.
I've used both. I can't tell a difference between the two as far as wicking is concerned. If I use a tack, I'm careful to avoid bending the coils out of shape. I push it until I feel some resistance or it barely pops through the cotton into the middle chamber.

One thing you might try is buying a single Rafale coil. Make sure it has the squared bottom pin and not the one shaped like a bigger Crown I. Pull it out and replace the one in the Crown II 0.8 coil with it. They provide better airflow than the bullet coils. Hope this helps.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a bit of an odd duck in that I've minimized my tank purchases because I'm really interested in maintaining harmony with the wife. Having said that, I've vaped mostly my Silo Beast after moving on from my Kanger Subtank Mini for the better part of two years now, and it's maybe time to move on. Is the Crown V2 worth it?

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or will the V1 suffice? Or perhaps something else?

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm not mistaken ecig.com has the crown 2 for $15. It's not a bad tank. The .5 coil wasn't what I thought it to be at first. It had a weird flavor for the first few tanks. I guess after really getting broken it it's a nice tank. I just thought it's pretty cheap if you wanted to give it a shot.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thats fantastic info juice, i like the ego cause it fits in my pen pocket so will start with the coils, i was looking at a eleaf istick 100w but i have zero knowledge of mods.
I can't speak for the iStick 100W, but my 50W just stopped firing all of a sudden for no reason (in other words, I didn't drop it or abuse it). I had to make due with my emergency aspire CF mod until I could get a new primary mod. Apparently that's not an uncommon gripe with the iStick. Be warned. It's a shame, because I loved the 50W otherwise.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I'm not mistaken ecig.com has the crown 2 for $15. It's not a bad tank. The .5 coil wasn't what I thought it to be at first. It had a weird flavor for the first few tanks. I guess after really getting broken it it's a nice tank. I just thought it's pretty cheap if you wanted to give it a shot.
Thanks. They're out of stock on the V2, and I'm a bit turned off by the 24mm diameter because of the overhang on my mod. I might just get the V1.

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's actually 22mm at the base and bigger at the air flow control. It fits perfect on my istick tc 100w and my ipvd3 which both are 22mm. So don't let that turn you off from it. I thought the same thing until I went to a vape store and said the same thing you did and they showed me different lol

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
T
It's actually 22mm at the base and bigger at the air flow control. It fits perfect on my istick tc 100w and my ipvd3 which both are 22mm. So don't let that turn you off from it. I thought the same thing until I went to a vape store and said the same thing you did and they showed me different lol
Thats good to know. Thanks! Do you prefer it to the V1?

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used V1. Just V2. It's a good tank for the price. You could always check out the aspire Cleito as well. It's my favorite tank at the moment. But I am rocking the crown 2 at the moment lol

led

Member For 4 Years
take my advice and leave the crown on the shelf, ive had it with the taste, it goes alright for a will but as he juice goes done you have to lower the watts because it get a nasty dry shitty taste to it, i have just come home with a freemax starre pure and though ive only had a few puffs from it it is far superior to the crown VII

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had problems with the first set of coils when the Crown 2 was just replaced. Uwell replaced all the coils I had purchased with their new version 4 I think? I've been through 3 1/2 tubes now with excellent flavor and good longevity. Better flavor and smoother draw than the V1. Most people that have given it another chance with the new version of coils have been liking it too. They messed up, but has fixed it now, and I love the quality and flavor of these, especially for $15.

Myuwell is running 2 specials right now, Crown 2 and Rafale rda and pack of coils for $30, or the new SE1, Rafale rda, and pack of coils for $25. Average for just a pack of coils is $10-15, so pretty good deal. I think it's because Uwell lost so many customers from the screw up with gen 1 of the Crown 2. Trying to get people to give them another try.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had problems with the first set of coils when the Crown 2 was just replaced. Uwell replaced all the coils I had purchased with their new version 4 I think? I've been through 3 1/2 tubes now with excellent flavor and good longevity. Better flavor and smoother draw than the V1. Most people that have given it another chance with the new version of coils have been liking it too. They messed up, but has fixed it now, and I love the quality and flavor of these, especially for $15.

Myuwell is running 2 specials right now, Crown 2 and Rafale rda and pack of coils for $30, or the new SE1, Rafale rda, and pack of coils for $25. Average for just a pack of coils is $10-15, so pretty good deal. I think it's because Uwell lost so many customers from the screw up with gen 1 of the Crown 2. Trying to get people to give them another try.
I might look into that. I don't think I want to go with the Freemax Starre Pure, even though I was close to getting the original Starre before settling on my Silo Beast. 25 mm is just too big for my mod. I'm pushing it with the Crown 2.

RGBVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Although it seems silly to have both the Rafale and the Crown 2...

led

Member For 4 Years
Although it seems silly to have both the Rafale and the Crown 2...

ok i have a crown VII and a freemax starre pure, both with rum and raisin juice, both with .25 coil, both on 75watts at 230 c from a joyetec evic vtwo mini.
and i have to say the crown does have a slightly sweeter and nicer taste and the tastes does seem to last a bit longer off the tounge after the exhale than the freemax, for some reason im not getting the poopie taste from the .2 coil that i do with the .5 out of the crown so far, as for juice concumption ill have too get back to you on that but i think theres not much in that but the freemax i fine does seem a very thirsty little beast. ill give the crown VII 9/10 and the freemax 8/10.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I might look into that. I don't think I want to go with the Freemax Starre Pure, even though I was close to getting the original Starre before settling on my Silo Beast. 25 mm is just too big for my mod. I'm pushing it with the Crown 2.
I was interested in the Pure too, but like you I don't like the 25mm tanks. I think 22mm is plenty big enough, and most mods are built for that on average. Some of the newer ones are larger to accommodate them, but I like smaller, not big and bulky.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ok i have a crown VII and a freemax starre pure, both with rum and raisin juice, both with .25 coil, both on 75watts at 230 c from a joyetec evic vtwo mini.
and i have to say the crown does have a slightly sweeter and nicer taste and the tastes does seem to last a bit longer off the tounge after the exhale than the freemax, for some reason im not getting the poopie taste from the .2 coil that i do with the .5 out of the crown so far, as for juice concumption ill have too get back to you on that but i think theres not much in that but the freemax i fine does seem a very thirsty little beast. ill give the crown VII 9/10 and the freemax 8/10.
I have tried about 4 different ceramic coils so far, and don't like most of them. They have all seemed to impart a dryer feeling and tasting vape to me, vs the juicy wet one I get with cotton. But some people love them. Just personal preference I guess

Chris Peltz

Member For 4 Years
The Starre Pure is not a ceramic coil, but a ceramic cover over a standard coil and cotton, to help with insulation.

From my experience with the tank over the past month, I would say. (1) it is hands down the best flavor I have gotten out of any tank, including the Herakles Plus, Crown I/II, etc. But (2) the coil gunks up faster than any coil I have owned. So, the flavor is GREAT for a few days and goes downhill from there. So, while I love the flavor of the Pure, I wouldn't recommend it due to the coils having to replaced in some cases after a few days / one week.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i only have one issue with this tank otherwise it is hands down my favorite tank right now. The washer in the cap is too big and it constantly gets pinched. That in turn causes it to take in air and leak all over. Hardware store does not have what i need. If anyone could figure out the actual appropriate size and where to obtain it i would greatly appreciate it. I do not know if others have this issue but I have 5 of them and they all do this to me. If I can get the right washer in there this thing would be perfect in my book. I mean for right now. Of course technology will carry on. I do find the D1 a step backwards. That other tank they have now I do not know about but it takes the same coils and if I find it i will certainly be getting it. I use the Rafale NI20 coils and find the vape absolutely superior. Their SS coils everyone is complaining about do indeed suck IMO. The NI200 coils blow clouds, taste great and last about 250ml of juice. I have hundreds of them. I have used about 40 of them and have yet to have a dud. I feel the base design is also vastly superior to the SS bullet design. Some do not want NI200 though feeling it may pose health issues. I find that unfounded. Peoples opinion, no actual scientific data yet.

If someone can find me those washers i will be extremely grateful.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never mind. Problem solved! It just dawned on me, well i said that washer is way too big. I looked through bags of washers to see what I could try. Turns out the Silicone cap washer from the Crown I works perfectly. This odd because it is just an oring. The Stock Crown II was a fender washer. Much larger. Too large. I was betting it just needed a smaller fender washer to work properly. As it turns out the Crown I washer works perfectly. It also fits perfectly in the cap. It just does not have nearly as much coverage. I do not see how it is working unless it is just sealing at the edge. Which is all it actually requires to function. So that was very lucky. I am surprised at myself that I even tried that one because it is a completely different type of washer. Not even a washer but an o-ring. That was just a stroke of luck. The Crown II has the wrong washer in the cap. Do not know if anyone else has had problems. since it fits perfectly in the cap and is silicone I should not have to replace it again for the life of this tank. Great.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know what? That O-ring is about 1/8" too small. It often falls out when I remove the top. No problem finding one though. In fact I probably have it. For them to have put a Fender washer in their was stupid. You can upgrade it much better with a small OD O-Ring I am guessing 1/2"-5/8".

Edit: Actually this turns out to be very bad advice from me. Uwell obviously knows their product better than i do. The O-ring had it leaking all over the place. I got a suitable Fender washer Two pack at Menards for 51 Cents with Tax. This time I properly placed it under the "lip" or groove in the top of the cap. Mine having come not installed properly was what lead me to the O-ring idea. Now with the Fender washer installed properly it is not leaking at all. Just make sure yours came properly installed. These types of things is where Chinese manufacturing wil get sloppy. With it propley installed no leaks at all. The O-ring will in fact leak worse than nothing at all. My apologies for this misinformation. Live and learn. It is nice to not be covered in juice!

So meanwhile I looked at a bunch of other tanks. Many of which I already own. Nothing matches the Crown II overall IMO.

Last edited:
hi guys im new to vaping only started about a week ago I have a crown two (coffee coloured) and my mod is a Joye Tech Evic primo . I'm running the original coil which was fitted . Once I soaked the cotton like it suggested in the manual i was good to go problem is I can only run it at about 20W any higher and I burn my throat am I doing something wrong ?. I've seen people run the way 80W and get big clouds of vape and they seem to be fine can someone maybe give me some pointers on where I might be going wrong .

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hi guys im new to vaping only started about a week ago I have a crown two (coffee coloured) and my mod is a Joye Tech Evic primo . I'm running the original coil which was fitted . Once I soaked the cotton like it suggested in the manual i was good to go problem is I can only run it at about 20W any higher and I burn my throat am I doing something wrong ?. I've seen people run the way 80W and get big clouds of vape and they seem to be fine can someone maybe give me some pointers on where I might be going wrong .
Welcome to VU....does the atomizer taste like the cotton is burning, or the juice giving you a burning sensation?

High PG gives me an awful feeling in my throat, but a burnt cotton wick would do the same thing.

I wouldn't think the atty would barely fire at 20 watts, is it the .5 ohm coil?

Reactions: led

led

Member For 4 Years

just ditch the crown ll and get a crown lll, best advice!! i have mod envy lol

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got an SE-1, just a slightly updated Crown II with the new yellow/yellow o-ring coils. The preinstalled coil was fantastic. Any I've tried since have produced an awful vape. The tank is no longer in use, though maybe Rafale coils could help. Having a hard time spending more on Uwell right now.

Tried a Cleito 120, nice for a few weeks, then came leaking, gurgling, spitting. My shop thinks its the tolerances where the coil scews in since the seals look ok. Even my og Cleito has degraded over time.

So now I'm using a variety of TF series Smok tanks, and even the Herakles Plus now and then.

Can a Crown III do something a Big Baby Beast can't?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't say it's ground breaking, it gives good flavor and pretty thick clouds. Not as much vapor as the clieto 120, it's more of a comfortable full vape than a holy shit that's a lot of vapor I got from the clieto 120.

It's a nice warm vape at 90w with the .25 coil, the coils ramp up very fast, I'm just using it in power mode.

But if you are liking the beast tanks, while I haven't vaped one, I doubt the C3 will be that much different to justify spending the $.

I got it because I liked the blue color :D... and I loved the C1, never bothered with the C2 or rafael (sp?) and wanted to give the C3 a go.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crown 3 tanks are still working good but I have read about a few leaking.

Sent From Rain Forest

led

Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't say it's ground breaking, it gives good flavor and pretty thick clouds. Not as much vapor as the clieto 120, it's more of a comfortable full vape than a holy shit that's a lot of vapor I got from the clieto 120.

It's a nice warm vape at 90w with the .25 coil, the coils ramp up very fast, I'm just using it in power mode.

But if you are liking the beast tanks, while I haven't vaped one, I doubt the C3 will be that much different to justify spending the $.

I got it because I liked the blue color :D... and I loved the C1, never bothered with the C2 or rafael (sp?) and wanted to give the C3 a go.

i put in the .25 coil, and like you was running it at 90w but i run the ,5 coil at around the same. strange!!

VU Sponsors