Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown II (V2)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My favorite tank as well but I'm sticking with my original Crown. I'm not buying anymore of their crap after they screwed everyone with their bad batch of coils. They were aware of it and refused to correct it. I don't business with companies like that.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have 2 Crowns (original) and a boatload of coil heads. Probably won't make a change anytime soon :)

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite tank as well but I'm sticking with my original Crown. I'm not buying anymore of their crap after they screwed everyone with their bad batch of coils. They were aware of it and refused to correct it. I don't business with companies like that.
Not to mention the Rafale that was a total disappointment for me.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to mention the Rafale that was a total disappointment for me.
Rafale was never a Crown competitor, its a tank for cloud chasers. Problem with Rafale in terms of flavor is the fact that the coils are very large and wide, with tons of airflow. That kills the flavor but boy does it put out clouds.

I am VERY excited about the Crown 2.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love that they have a special new low juice consumption coil... you know... cuz juice is about to get real expensive.

V1 was great, I'm sure this will be a home run too.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the drip tip removable?
If it isn't (like the Rafale), I don't think I'd be interested.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see they are still using tiny wicking holes on the coils. The tank itself is one of the better made ones out there, its the coils that blow. Like I've said before, I nice tank with shitty coils is like a mustang with a lawn mower engine.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe that's the juice saver coil?
Guess we'll see once it hits more stores shelves and we get more pics.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I for one will be getting one to try out ( If it gets decent reviews). I couldn't begin to say how many Crown coils I've been through in the 10 months I've been using them, and never not even once have I gotten a bad coil. I hear people tell about coils burning out in a day or less, but I've never experienced that. My coils last anywhere from 10-14 days. Never tried the Raffel because of the bad reviews and the non removable drip tip. I wish they would have done a V2 Crown before the Raffel junk....

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always thought the original Crown could have done with a bit more Air Flow. That maybe why the flavor is so good on the original.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love that they have a special new low juice consumption coil... you know... cuz juice is about to get real expensive.

V1 was great, I'm sure this will be a home run too.
They do make a 1.2 ohm coil for the V1 Crown. I have bought them at MVS before and they do use less juice than the lower ohm coils.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure it would be more of a MTL coil.

I just thought it was funny that they added the low juice consumption title to it... they know juice is going to get crazy expensive and subohm tanks ripping through 10ml a day could very well cost people $20 a day to vape (if they don't DIY).

Last edited:

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure it would be. More of a MTL coil.

I just thought it was funny that they added the low juice consumption title to it... they know juice is going to get crazy expensive and subohm tanks ripping through 10ml a day could very well cost people $20 a day to vape (if they don't DIY).
Agreed & we'll probably see more & more of the "low consumption" description applied to new products.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vapin fagan guy was saying on his show that he was getting dry hits on a few different coils he tried. During his review it was working like a champ then started having issues the after a day.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3FVape has the Crown 2 on preorder for $22.00. That is a great price point for this tank. Im still going to wait for another few weeks until the other 6 (at least) new tanks come out THIS month.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm waiting for the verdict on this one. After the Rafaele I have no faith in Uwell. According to some reviewers this is more like a Rafael II then a Crown II.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm waiting for the verdict on this one. After the Rafaele I have no faith in Uwell. According to some reviewers this is more like a Rafael II then a Crown II.
Not really. If you watch other reviews its similar, but its not the same. Uwell by far has the best quality of any brand out there when it comes to fit and finish and overall quality. Rafale was somewhat underwhelming, but it never claimed to be a Crown topper. You can interchange Rafale lower parts, along with coils, but thats about it. Crown 2 looks similar, which is a big plus but functions just like the original Crown, if not better by most reviews. Rafale was for clouds, simple as that. Air flow was huge, which results in less flavor. Crown is a combo between the two which is a win win in my book.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not really. If you watch other reviews its similar, but its not the same. Uwell by far has the best quality of any brand out there when it comes to fit and finish and overall quality. Rafale was somewhat underwhelming, but it never claimed to be a Crown topper. You can interchange Rafale lower parts, along with coils, but thats about it. Crown 2 looks similar, which is a big plus but functions just like the original Crown, if not better by most reviews. Rafale was for clouds, simple as that. Air flow was huge, which results in less flavor. Crown is a combo between the two which is a win win in my book.
Do you have one?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think they're available yet. Some of the reviewers may have them though. I kinda looks like they took all the left over Rafale parts and reworked them to be more like the Crown.

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just reviewers have them at this point,Henry from Uwell doesn't even have one.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to edit this post I wrote I responded to
The wrong thread on this post-
Thanks for the review links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I will probably not buy one I like the regular crown-

Last edited:

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True but if the new coil is a low consumption coil I would think it will also be restricted.. could be wrong.
I just read that the 0.8 flavor coil is going to be a Clapton. I have no idea if there will be restricted airflow or not, but they could have decided to go with a lower resistance to save on juice and added the Clapton wire to make up for the loss of flavor. Then they just got lucky (or they're doing more than two Clapton wraps like Aspire) and the flavor was considerably better. I don't know for sure, obviously, but that makes sense to me.

In my experience, the lower the resistance rating, the better the flavor. The only coils I've come across where that rule doesn't hold true is the Cleitos. The 0.4s are a good deal tastier than the 0.2s, but in every other tank I've owned (TFV4, Atlantis, Triton 2, Crown, Arctic V8 Mini, and a boatload of non-sub MTL tanks) that's been the case.

I'm tempted to go ahead and pre-order this tank, but I think I'll check out some reviews first. I haven't read or seen anything about it other than Uwell's page, so I need to do some research first before I drop the cash on it. Thanks for the $22 link, ChrisL!

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes the Crown II is the Rafale redone to be more like the Crown. Really it should be the Rafale II, but judging by the way the original tanked ( no pun intended) they went with Crown II I'm guessing by watching the video.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm they are calling it Crown II but it can take Rafale coils. Sounds like a Rafale II to me. Either way, the Crown with Crown coils is one of my favorite tanks. Not biting.
I'm with you, for a while at least. I'm going to wait until some user reviews come out and not just pick one up based on the YouTube guys who get freebies to gush about certain manufacturers. Here's hoping they actually made improvements to the Crown and not just a Rafale II.

gtrtech

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like the Refail they are having coil problems,a lot not threading into the base,and if I heard correctly the housing is a plated brass,which could be part of the problem.

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got mine today and so far I have no complaints. I am using the .5 ohm coil at 70w and it is tasty and nice. 80w was a bit too much for me and it might need to break in some more before pushing it that high. Now I need to find someplace that sells the .8 ohm Clapton coils as that's why I wanted this tank to begin with.

It came with the .25 ohm coil installed and when I switched to the other one the threading felt fine to me fwiw. Very well made and solid tank, and not too big. Can't wait to put it on my hohm slice that's on the way next week!

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Haven't heard of the of the.8 being Clapton coils,the only thing that they are Kanthal.
I thought I saw that in a review but either way I like the lower watt coils, well 40-60 anyway lol. I remember when 20 was a big deal!

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone know a US location where this tank can be purchased from?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't found a site with coils in stock yet either, which is why I didn't buy the tank....strange.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Noticed that metal sleeve covering the cotton at the top of the coils. Similar to some of the Arctic v8 coils. Maybe it is to prevent spitting? In the Tiger coil, it would run fine until refilled, and then create bad flooding. Maybe this setup is to eliminate need for juice flow control, but i would want to know more before spending here.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love love the crown 1 the .25 coils are amazing I grabbed so many coils and am set for a whole year lol- love the crown!
Second fav w prebuilt is The cleito-
I like the supertank mini but it's not on par w those two unless maybe a diff coil
I remember saying what do I need more than 20 -30 watts for lol
I'm vaping right now at 70

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love love the crown 1 the .25 coils are amazing I grabbed so many coils and am set for a whole year lol- love the crown!
Second fav w prebuilt is The cleito-
I like the supertank mini but it's not on par w those two unless maybe a diff coil
I remember saying what do I need more than 20 -30 watts for lol
I'm vaping right now at 70

Same here, love the original Crown and the .25 coil. I used to run 6 Crowns. I retired 4 and I only run 2 now since I got into building. I stockpiled 300 .25 coils for the pending Vapocalypse. I'm also going to pick up a few RBA heads just in case. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Haven't heard of the of the.8 being Clapton coils,the only thing that they are Kanthal.
I haven't seen it listed most places as being a clapton coil, but I've come across a few that claim that they are. SMOKD has the coils listed as:

SUS316 Parallel coil 0.25ohm(60-110w)

SUS316 Parallel coil 0.5ohm(50-80w)

Clapton A1 coil 0.8ohm(40-60w)

And at this UK vendor they are also called claptons.

VU Sponsors