Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown II (V2)

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll feel better about ordering from ecig when I see pics updated on their site. I've spoken to them in the past and they indicated they had v3, then they checked and they really didn't. But, when you get them, please post pics to show they are indeed the yellow bands.
How certain are you/they? I just contacted them by chat and was told they dont know...
I'm as sure as I can be without actually seeing them. Here's my first back-and-forth with their customer service:

Comment: Do you have the Crown 2 version 3 coils in yet? They should have two yellow rubber bands on the bottom instead of a black one and a yellow one. If not, do you have any idea when you'll get them in stock?

Thanks,

Brad

Hey Brad, I just got my own order of them in. And they do in fact have two yellow bands at the bottom. I know the picture on the product page is old, I'll message someone to try to get it updated. Let me know if you need anything else.

That's great news! I like the Crown 2 but the older coils weren't even lasting me a day. Even at your great prices I couldn't afford to keep using it. I'll place an order right now.

Brad

Awesome Brad, and I know what you mean. If you want to make it better try to get a rafale tank, and swap out the bottom decks. It seems to help a lot with the flavor and coils life.

I hadn't heard that part about switching out the decks before. Half this thread is about using Rafale coils, so I was well aware of that technique, but not of trading out the entire bottom section of the tank. If these coils aren't any better than the last ones, I'm done with the Crown 2. But anyway, immediately after I placed my order, I sent them another message using their "Contact Us" page. It read:

I just placed order #1000xxxxx. Could you please make sure the coils are the new ones with two yellow sealing bands instead of the old ones that had one yellow and one black band? The old ones don't last a full day and I'm dying to make my purchase of the Crown II worthwhile. I'm hoping these new coils will do the trick. I appreciate it.

Brad

Hi There,

I can say that the coils that we are sending out have the yellow ring on them. Thanks and have a good day ahead!

Warm Regards,

Adam
So, I know that they have them in stock, and unless the second CS person who I chatted with was confused and talking about the sealing band and not the one that holds the bottom airflow section of the coil in place. I'll post pics as soon as they arrive and give a review of performance soon after that.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I contacted a few sellers on ebay and asked them about gaskets, two confirmed they have both yellow rubber gaskets/insulator.
birdtruck
drucex

Both said the upper and lower insulators are yellow, so those should be v3. Much cheaper than Uwells site.

Unwell is sending me a replacement pack of .25's. Hoping they'll perform better than the previous packs I've burnt through. Punching a hole with a sewing needle into the 4 cotton wick holes has extended coil life from 1 or 2 days up to 7 to ten days for me. When I emailed Uwell to complain, I told them to include a fkn sewing needle in their fancy shipping tube...

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm as sure as I can be without actually seeing them. Here's my first back-and-forth with their customer service:

I hadn't heard that part about switching out the decks before. Half this thread is about using Rafale coils, so I was well aware of that technique, but not of trading out the entire bottom section of the tank. If these coils aren't any better than the last ones, I'm done with the Crown 2. But anyway, immediately after I placed my order, I sent them another message using their "Contact Us" page. It read:

So, I know that they have them in stock, and unless the second CS person who I chatted with was confused and talking about the sealing band and not the one that holds the bottom airflow section of the coil in place. I'll post pics as soon as they arrive and give a review of performance soon after that.

I purchased 2 of the Crown 2 tanks. I originally bought the stainless and bought a pack of the Rafale coils figuring the coils that came with the tank would crap out in a day or 2. It came with coils that had the black insulator. My plan was to use the stock coils until they crapped out and then switch to the Rafale coils, but using the bullet shaped base from the Crown 2 coils.

I purchased the second Crown 2 in the iridescent black and it came with the coils that have the yellow insulator. I decided to use a Rafale coil in it. Haven't tried the coils with the yellow insulator yet. I'll probably use one of them in the stainless tank once the original coil dies.

I seem to have good luck so far with the original coil as it's lasted 5 days and I'm on my sixth fill up on it. I might have to force myself to use it exclusively so I can find out just how long it will last, but it's hard to stick with one tank when I have so many to choose from.

I think the support person meant to say to buy Rafale coils and switch the base from the Crown 2 coils, not buy a Rafale tank and switch the bottoms. There's nothing wrong with the Crown 2 tank other than the crappy coils. Swapping the bottoms of the tanks is pointless since the Rafale coils fit the Crown 2 tank and there's nothing wrong with the Crown 2 bottom. No point is spending extra money for something you don't need.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what I thought, too. Somewhere earlier in this thread, someone talked about switching out the Crown II bullet-shaped airflow pin for the square Rafale one because it was more effective. I've already been using Rafale coils in my Crown II, but I didn't swap out the airflow pin because I couldn't tell a difference between the two. I'm not saying there isn't one, I just thought the Rafale coils had decent enough airflow as-is so I didn't bother.

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried using the Crown 2 bullet base on a Rafale coil yet as I'm still using the original coil. My plan is to save the bullet base once that first Crown 2 coil dies and try it on a Rafale coil.

I'll use the 4 Crown 2 coils that came with the 2 tanks and then save the bullet bases in case I need them later. So far I haven't noticed a big difference between the two coils airflow wise.

I'm also hoping that once they figure out the coil issues they'll offer more options like an NI200 coil for the Crown 2. I use the NI200 coils in my Crown 1 and the Rafale coils have a NI200 option.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, eCig was a bust. Don't buy from them. They still have the black bottom ring and the yellow top. I'm contacting them asap to ask for a refund, but I wanted to get on here first to let anyone who was possibly considering buying from them because of my post not to do so. I'll keep you posted as to their response. Friggin' bait-and-switch got me! Don't let it get you, too! :xD::gaah::cuss2::headbang:

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I just bought a couple of these Rafale 0.5 coils from a BnM here in town. This base is new to me. Has anybody else come across this style before and, if so, what's the deal with them, exactly?

4pcs-authentic-uwell-rafale-replacement-sus316-coil-heads-0-2ohm-ed0129076dc0df64d739e34bb8ae6a73.jpg

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, I just bought a couple of these Rafale 0.5 coils from a BnM here in town. This base is new to me. Has anybody else come across this style before and, if so, what's the deal with them, exactly?

4pcs-authentic-uwell-rafale-replacement-sus316-coil-heads-0-2ohm-ed0129076dc0df64d739e34bb8ae6a73.jpg
NVM....see below.

Last edited:

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking at Uwell's website it seems they have different bases for the different coil types for the Rafale. The NI200 .1 coil is in the middle and has a different style base compared to the SS coil on the right. Maybe it helps them identify the different coils? I've only ever bought the NI200 .1 Rafale coils since I don't own a Rafale tank and only buying them to use in the Crown 2.

Rafale Coils.jpg

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes sense, sort of. It seems like an awful lot of expense just to have different bases on three coils for the same tank, but hey, these are the same guys that did absolutely no R & D on their flagship tank's coils before releasing them into the market to fail in almost unheard of epic proportions in the vaping community, so nothing surprises me.

I was about to answer your first response with a picture, so I have to go ahead and post it now. I went to all that work, you know.

Rafale_Crown_Crown2_Coils.jpg

The left is the 0.5 Rafale, middle is the Crown 0.15 Ni200 TC coil (looks the same as all the other Crown coils), and on the right is the aforementioned piece of crap money burner from the Crown 2.
)

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That makes sense, sort of. It seems like an awful lot of expense just to have different bases on three coils for the same tank, but hey, these are the same guys that did absolutely no R & D on their flagship tank's coils before releasing them into the market to fail in almost unheard of epic proportions in the vaping community, so nothing surprises me.

I was about to answer your first response with a picture, so I have to go ahead and post it now. I went to all that work, you know.

Rafale_Crown_Crown2_Coils.jpg

The left is the 0.5 Rafale, middle is the Crown 0.15 Ni200 TC coil (looks the same as all the other Crown coils), and on the right is the aforementioned piece of crap money burner from the Crown 2.
)

Looking at that picture the Rafale and Crown 2 coils are larger diameter than the original Crown 1 coils.

I guess I just got lucky with my Crown 2 tanks. I have the .25 coil that comes installed and it has the black insulator. It's lasted 2 weeks so far and still going. I'm on the 9th tank of juice and it hasn't crapped out yet. I honestly expected it to crap out in a day or 2.

Once it does crap out I have the coils from my other Crown 2 tank that have the yellow insulators that I plan to try.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Rafale NI200 allows the most airflow. The SS Crown II is supposed to direct the airflow to the coil. At .1 it is going to ned to be wide open.
On a side note I realized something. You can fill the Crown II to the top of the chimney for a few extra ML. It will not be forced down the chimney when you tighten the cap due to the design. This will not work with the crown I. If it leaks on you though please do not blame me!

Can I use a
Crown Subtank with a joytech egrip 2? I'm new to the mod stuff last time I tried vapeing the Yeti 510 was the big deal so it's been awhile.

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I use a
Crown Subtank with a joytech egrip 2? I'm new to the mod stuff last time I tried vapeing the Yeti 510 was the big deal so it's been awhile.
No. The Joyetech Egrip 2 is an all in one with the tank built into the mod.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are the new coils, straight from Uwell. Both 0.25 and 0.5. Notice the label. Now it lists "health" risks, no freebies, and other things to do with regulation. All of them have a yellow band and gasket.

Using them now and all is well!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are the new coils, straight from Uwell. Both 0.25 and 0.5. Notice the label. Now it lists "health" risks, no freebies, and other things to do with regulation. All of them have a yellow band and gasket.

Using them now and all is well!

You know what they say. "Fourth time's the charm!" Or is this their fifth version? Let's see: matte steel, shiny steel, shiny steel with "Made in China" sticker, and now these. It's fourth. Fourth time's the charm. Yeah, that's the ticket! :headbang:

After spending around $150 on coils for this tank hoping they got it right, Uwell should just give me a case of those with a personal letter of apology for wasting my time and money. Oh, and don't forget all those burnt and flavorless pulls I've had to endure when coil versions 1-3 went from working to worthless in a matter of seconds.

Remind me again why all US companies are doing their manufacturing in China. Oh, right. Chinese manufacturing is cheaper, both in cost and quality of product.

Keep us posted about the lifespan of the double yellow banded coils. Thanks for the post, Hammer!

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just used my Crown II for 2 weeks with the .25 yellow and black bands that was pre-installed. No problems whatsoever other than a few leaks which was my fault for overfilling and not closing off the bottom airflow. The only reason I cleaned it was I switched to a new tank I wanted to try. The coil was ivory at first but after just a touch of hot water it lighten to near white immediately. After a water and vodka bath overnight, the coil was snowy white. I could have gone another week or two IMHO. I'll continue to use the black and yellow until I have any severe problems.

I have 16 tubes of the .50 with yellow and black. I was hearing all kinds of negative comments about the coils before I even tried the tank so I contacted Uwell directly since I purchased 16 tubes for my 3 tanks. They immediately sent me 16 new .25 coils which I requested as replacements for the .50. The .25 have two yellow bands. And, due to a postal error in returning the the .50 coils, I still have those as well. I'll be putting 2 tanks and both coils in the Trade forum soon.

FYI, they're coming out with a new tank. A beastly, new design & different coils. I can't say anything else. I was a beta tester for the coils. ;)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Regarding the Crown II coils, here is a video on how to FIX your coils. It's the positive lead that's too long. You snip it. Watch.
I'm also happy to report the tank and coils I was beta testing is out. It's the new Uwell D1. See my new thread in just a moment.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regarding the Crown II coils, here is a video on how to FIX your coils. It's the positive lead that's too long. You snip it. Watch.
I'm also happy to report the tank and coils I was beta testing is out. It's the new Uwell D1. See my new thread in just a moment.

I tried that method, where you snip the positive lead and try to stuff the bottom wrap up under the cotton. It didn't make much of a difference. I look forward to your D1 thread. Just looking at it, the chimney is nice and tight, which should lead to some tasty flavor! Now if they can just get the coils to last more than a day I'll be happy.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
A coil that requires fixing, is a crappy coil... The thing is, isnt uwell first and foremost a coil manufacturer who got into making their own tanks? I had such a bad experience with the crown 2 and their customer server that I will more than likely never touch another uwell product

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I tried that method, where you snip the positive lead and try to stuff the bottom wrap up under the cotton. It didn't make much of a difference. I look forward to your D1 thread. Just looking at it, the chimney is nice and tight, which should lead to some tasty flavor! Now if they can just get the coils to last more than a day I'll be happy.

I had my coil in for 2 weeks without a problem. I only changed the juice. Rocked really well and cleaned up great!

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A coil that requires fixing, is a crappy coil... The thing is, isnt uwell first and foremost a coil manufacturer who got into making their own tanks? I had such a bad experience with the crown 2 and their customer server that I will more than likely never touch another uwell product
Not sure why you had such a bad experience with UWELL customer service. They exchanged both my 0.5 and 0.25 after verifying the codes. All is well now. I agree it should have never been this bad in terms of coil quality, especially since their original Crown coils were rather good.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I purchased the optional RBA deck. Don't cut off your nose despite your face. It's a good tank.
And yes. Uwell customer service is outstanding.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I finally got my hands on some of the double-yellow banded 0.5 coils. So far so good. The flavor is fantastic and I'm 8 hours in on my second tank with no drop-off in flavor or burnt taste. I stopped into a local B&M to pick up some Crown 1 coils and they were out, but she pulled up their bin of Rafale and Crown 2s. I was shocked to see the two yellow bands on the remaining two tubes of Crown 2 coils. I verified their authenticity with Uwell and it gave a born-on date of 7/5/16 or thereabouts. I'm not sure how this place got its hands on these when I haven't been able to find them anywhere online (except for UK vendors) for almost a month now. They're right across the street from TU, and the woman working there said that she goes through a ton of Crown coils in general (they charge $14,00 for a 4-pack, which is the cheapest I've seen them at a B&M in town), so maybe their turnover just put them ahead of the game in ordering while every online retailer is still trying to get rid of the black banded coils before they place another order. I don't know.

I'll keep you posted as to their longevity. Keep your fingers crossed!

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20 hours in with the new coil and so far they're great. I've been chain vaping Ethos Crispy Treats and Pinup Rita, two pretty sweet juices, and there's barely any buildup of gunk on the coils with full, robust flavor. If this lasts through tomorrow, I'm sold on the double-yellow banded Crown 2 coils finally being the answer to this problem. I'll update again tomorrow, or if the coil craps out on me. Fingers still crossed!

led

Member For 4 Years
i am very new to vaping, i got a joytech ego one 2200 mAh which only pumps out 44 watts, so ive read. And a crown 2 which ive only had a few days, im using the 0,5 omh coil. its been working very well for me, except a dry burning throat after an all day vape. i read that if you half the nicotine level, it will stop, So i did and so far so good but im smoking twice as much so in the end you would think it wouldnt change a thing? waiting to see?
So what i really would like to know is, what is the right mix of ingredient to make to making a smooth full flavored juice. i use 12mg nicotine normally,

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am very new to vaping, i got a joytech ego one 2200 mAh which only pumps out 44 watts, so ive read. And a crown 2 which ive only had a few days, im using the 0,5 omh coil. its been working very well for me, except a dry burning throat after an all day vape. i read that if you half the nicotine level, it will stop, So i did and so far so good but im smoking twice as much so in the end you would think it wouldnt change a thing? waiting to see?
So what i really would like to know is, what is the right mix of ingredient to make to making a smooth full flavored juice. i use 12mg nicotine normally,
When sub ohm vaping, you normally don't want to go above 6 milligrams of nicotine. Anything above that will give you that burning sensation. The increase you get in vapor from going below 1.0 ohm-coils makes up for the lack of higher-level nicotine. Try a 6 or 3 milligram juice and see if it's not strong enough to quell your "nic fits" without burning your throat.

led

Member For 4 Years
When sub ohm vaping, you normally don't want to go above 6 milligrams of nicotine. Anything above that will give you that burning sensation. The increase you get in vapor from going below 1.0 ohm-coils makes up for the lack of higher-level nicotine. Try a 6 or 3 milligram juice and see if it's not strong enough to quell your "nic fits" without burning your throat.

ok ty, and what do you prefer your pg vg percentage to be plz and to a 10 ml bottle how much flavor do u put in, at the moment i have marlboro tobacco, rum and raisin, and spearmint. would i use the same amount for all juices or are each different amounts ?

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok ty, and what do you prefer your pg vg percentage to be plz and to a 10 ml bottle how much flavor do u put in, at the moment i have marlboro tobacco, rum and raisin, and spearmint. would i use the same amount for all juices or are each different amounts ?
I prefer 70%vg or higher. I don't do DIY juice so someone else is going to have to help you with that aspect. Sorry.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hmmm. So that's why I get that slight burning. Interesting. I'm still at 18mg for the craving. Maybe I should go 6mg in high VG (which is my preference) and have another rig for my cravings. Think I'll do that! Thanks Juicey.
:)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Actually, I'm kind of used to it now. But it takes away from the flavor. Little by little. I just took out some nic to boost up my 3-6ml juices. I'll try them first before I mess with them.

led

Member For 4 Years
I prefer 70%vg or higher. I don't do DIY juice so someone else is going to have to help you with that aspect. Sorry.

no worries mate, thats been very helpful, i went and bought some vg and doubled my 12mg. can take long draws with just a little dryness on the back throat, ill see how it goes and if i need ill take it down a notch. with only having 44watts am i going to get the full flavor with that or do i need to upgrade?

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm. So that's why I get that slight burning. Interesting. I'm still at 18mg for the craving. Maybe I should go 6mg in high VG (which is my preference) and have another rig for my cravings. Think I'll do that! Thanks Juicey.
:)
no worries mate, thats been very helpful, i went and bought some vg and doubled my 12mg. can take long draws with just a little dryness on the back throat, ill see how it goes and if i need ill take it down a notch. with only having 44watts am i going to get the full flavor with that or do i need to upgrade?
VG is better for producing clouds whereas PG is supposed to be a better conduit for flavor, but all the tastiest juices out there are between a 60/40 and 95/5 VG/PG ratio. Don't ask me why. I'm in this purely for the flavor and to stay off the ciggies, but I find that 50/50 juices like NicQuid not only don't have the full flavor of Max VG juices, but the throat hit is pretty harsh.

It's fairly widely accepted that you don't want to go above 6mg if you're doing a direct-to-lung, sub-ohm vape. The size of the cloud is 2-4 times that of a mouth-to-lung 1.8-ohm coil vape, for example. Therefore, you're getting the equivalent amount of nicotine with a 6mg juice when sub-ohm vaping as somewhere between a 12mg and 24mg juice when you use a regular, +1.0-ohm, mouth-to-lung vaping device. Some juice companies even make a 1.5mg option because of the density of sub-ohm clouds. Personally, I use 3mg juice unless the vendor is out, then I'll use 6mg, but anything above that burns my throat so badly I can't take it. Plus, the flavor gets overwhelmed by the nicotine.

One other thing you might consider is that the Crown 2 0.5-ohm coils are recommended for use between 50-80 watts, so at 44 you're a bit underpowered. Internal batteries tend to decrease in power the closer they get to empty, too. You could use either the kanthal 0.8-ohm Crown 2 coils that are rated from 35-55 ohms or the Uwell Rafale 0.5-ohm coils, which fit the Crown 2, and are rated from 40-80 watts. Either one and you'll have enough power to push them. That, or you could upgrade to a more powerful mod. That's a bigger expense than some new coils though, but not necessarily by much:
And there are plenty more out there for $20-$30 that will give you between 60 and 200 watts. You'll have to buy batteries for some, but I'm pretty sure those bottom two Tesla mods have built-in batteries. Just something to consider. Hope this helps.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welp! You just got me to whip my credit card out. Thanks for that Juice. LOL

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a warning but I made a stupid mistake. I got the coil in this tank way too hot and it poured boiling juice out of the vent all over me. I am alright but this can only take so much. It was not high wattage but a combination of setings on the DNA 200. I was not getting a hot vape until it melted the Yellow seal. Just don't overdo it.

led

Member For 4 Years
thats fantastic info juice, i like the ego cause it fits in my pen pocket so will start with the coils, i was looking at a eleaf istick 100w but i have zero knowledge of mods.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is now leaking out of the vents. I replaced all the gaskets. It is not like I have not gotten my usage out of it. It is also not like it is expensive to replace. I was wondering if there are any better tanks yet though? Before I go replace it. Or perhaps someone could just help me troubleshoot it please?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is now leaking out of the vents. I replaced all the gaskets. It is not like I have not gotten my usage out of it. It is also not like it is expensive to replace. I was wondering if there are any better tanks yet though? Before I go replace it. Or perhaps someone could just help me troubleshoot it please?
I ditched all my Crown tanks for the TFV8 Smok Beast tanks, what a difference, fantastic flavor, coils last for weeks.

led

Member For 4 Years

might be the coils not srewed all the way in and juice has gone through, clean out tank below coil tighten coil clean and should be good

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of people including myself do not think the TFV8 is better. Matter of opinion I guess. I do have it too. Prefer the Crown II.

Thank you Led.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my tfv 8 coils start tasting funny after 2 days

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Duh! My tank was unscrewed. I did not realize it is reverse threaded. No leaks now. However now I am hardly getting any output/burning. Probably just time for a new coil. When it was getting much more airflow unscrewed obviously the old coil fared better. Will just replace it and should be good to go.

I do prefer it to the TFV8. Many people do. Although that is a personal matter really. They are both good tanks. Probably the top Two, whichever one suits you.

led

Member For 4 Years
Duh! My tank was unscrewed. I did not realize it is reverse threaded. No leaks now. However now I am hardly getting any output/burning. Probably just time for a new coil. When it was getting much more airflow unscrewed obviously the old coil fared better. Will just replace it and should be good to go.

I do prefer it to the TFV8. Many people do. Although that is a personal matter really. They are both good tanks. Probably the top Two, whichever one suits you.
that happened to me as well, i cant have tightened the reverse thread right up, had mine nearly a week, been using different coils for different flavs, but im quite new to all this so im working on flavors at the moment, like strong tastes like rum and raisin but havnt found anything quite right yet and to tell the truth not sure my mixing is right, so i got a bit of work a head of me on this puffing merry go round.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replaced coil, fine as i figured. Try VapeWild for cheap juice so you can test stuff out. Nearly as cheap as DIY. You have to let it steep at least a week when you get it though.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
For the people curious about ecig.com's Crown v2 coils, they're the v3 coils with the yellow insulator ring, I ordered a pack of 0.8ohm coils with my Crown v2 last week.

How do you guys prime your Crown v2 coils, since they're a protector over the cotton? Also, I seem to be getting leakage a few hours after refilling, not sure what's causing it at this point.

Has anyone used the 0.8ohm coils yet? Apparently they're the best in terms of flavor, but I'm a bit nervous since the Crown v1's 1.2ohm coils were complete shit.

Last edited:

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For the people curious about ecig.com's Crown v2 coils, they're the v3 coils with the yellow insulator ring, I ordered a pack of 0.8ohm coils with my Crown v2 last week.

How do you guys prime your Crown v2 coils, since they're a protector over the cotton? Also, I seem to be getting leakage a few hours after refilling, not sure what's causing it at this point.

Has anyone used the 0.8ohm coils yet? Apparently they're the best in terms of flavor, but I'm a bit nervous since the Crown v1's 1.2ohm coils were complete shit.
I love the .8 coils at 30-35W. They are my favorites. They are the best flavor of both options for me.

VU Sponsors