Become a Patron!

Evolv 1 upping Yihi

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Release should be very soon for the DNA200 and I'm pretty excited about it. Got the board coming from a co-op that had them for 52.00, so even the price is quite good. Designing the mod case for it now but will have to wait until I get the board to see how everything fits. But yeah, can't wait to get the board.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some of the first run mods ....*SHOULD be released next weak from what I understand. HOPING to have one soon. I ain't scared to be an early adopter. lol - I figure I got bent over a few times with the dna40 so its a familiar position.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the first run mods ....*SHOULD be released next weak from what I understand. HOPING to have one soon. I ain't scared to be an early adopter. lol - I figure I got bent over a few times with the dna40 so its a familiar position.

At least this board has the potential to fix any issues with upgrades, I'm sure there will be a few, but that really doesn't worry me much since it won't stuck with issues. In fact that's the only reason I'm not interested in the Evic VT. Just seems the customer is better off with upgradability with modern vape equipment. I am looking forward to playing with all the tech features though and seeing what this board can do.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
At least this board has the potential to fix any issues with upgrades, I'm sure there will be a few, but that really doesn't worry me much since it won't stuck with issues. In fact that's the only reason I'm not interested in the Evic VT. Just seems the customer is better off with upgradability with modern vape equipment. I am looking forward to playing with all the tech features though and seeing what this board can do.
Roger that, the only concern I have with evolve is the idea that the dna40's biggest issue was mostly mechanical in nature not software, and if the mechanical issue gets transferred to the power management side... well, hopefully if the worst happens it wont hurt to bad.

But I'm willing to take the shot at it, I guest maybe I'm a sadist? Hahaha naaaa i'll see next week I guess. haha

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anybody know how much the mods are going to be?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Vlad1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
At least this board has the potential to fix any issues with upgrades, I'm sure there will be a few, but that really doesn't worry me much since it won't stuck with issues.

Key word here is "potential". While having the ability to do Firmware updates is a fantastic feature and does provide additional options to fix bugs or errors there are occasions when Firmware will not solve a problem e.g, design or components out of spec, faulty components, mechanical connections etc.. etc..

I think it's important to state this as I believe there are some that think if it's firmware updateable any problem or bug can be corrected via software which just isn't the case.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes....

I must have missed the mass stampede of vapers trying to get LiPo powered devices. [[sarcasm]] I also must have missed the top tier mod makers using them in their mods [[sarcasm]] and I suppose I've missed every single vaper I know in real life vaping on a LiPo powered mod [[sarcasm]].. So... Ummmmm.. YES I am..

My bad! LOL

You don't anyone with an Innokin product? As far as I know, they are all lithium ion polymer devices, and they have sold a few hundred thousand of them. Never heard of a single one catching on fire or exploding.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You don't anyone with an Innokin product? As far as I know, they are all lithium ion polymer devices.
Nope.....

If you are comfortable putting a Lipo to your face, then have it.. It won't be my mug going kaboom...

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't anyone with an Innokin product? As far as I know, they are all lithium ion polymer devices, and they have sold a few hundred thousand of them. Never heard of a single one catching on fire or exploding.

No use talking to @raqball about LiPos. He clearly has a phobia regarding them and has a difficult time evaluating all the evidence contrary to his fear. I'm sure several years of intense psychotherapy could help, but that's up to him. Just give him some space to play with his LiIons and he'll calm down.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had a lipo catch fire once. Took me half a can a starter fluid and a matchbook.
But that thing sure did catch!

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think I've ever seen a fire proof Li-on charging bag.

Just sayin'.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
starting to see the lipo argument as redundant and ridiculous as the clone vs authentic argument.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope.....

If you are comfortable putting a Lipo to your face, then have it.. It won't be my mug going kaboom...

200,000 people who have bought Innokin mods have no face left according to you,, lol

by the way, the istick50 has Lithium Ion batts, not lipo's. I thought they were lipo's too, but was corrected. Funny how all the mechs that have been reported exploding or venting for one reason or another have been Liion 18650's and not lipo's.

I don't think I've ever seen a fire proof Li-on charging bag.

Just sayin'.

I've seen lipo bags too, for people who crash their RC cars into trees, and fly their RC airplanes into the ground. "just sayin"

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No use talking to @raqball about LiPos. He clearly has a phobia regarding them and has a difficult time evaluating all the evidence contrary to his fear. I'm sure several years of intense psychotherapy could help, but that's up to him. Just give him some space to play with his LiIons and he'll calm down.

200,000 people who have bought Innokin mods have no face left according to you,

Guess we will see when people crank that Lipo up to 200 watts on a .04 build...

The same exact arguments were made back in 2009/2010 when double stacking batteries was causing mods to blow up....

We don't need mods going kaboom right now with all the government attacks going on.

I would never buy one, I don't know of anyone in real life who has one and I know of absolutely ZERO high end mod makers who will be using a Lipo pack...

If it's your cup of tea then rock on!

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Guess we will see when people crank that Lipo up to 200 watts on a .04 build...

The same exact arguments were made back in 2009/2010 when double stacking batteries was causing mods to blow up....

We don't need mods going kaboom right now with all the government attacks going on.

I would never buy one, I don't know of anyone in real life who has one and I know of absolutely ZERO high end mod makers who will be using it...

If it's your cup of tea then rock on!
It will all depend on the lipo hat is used, and it's c rating.

http://www.revolectrix.com/tech_data/lipoCalc/Battery_C_Rating.htm

Doing a simple serch you can find batteries at 60c rating with 1300mah

http://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-1300...DURCH8XVglfCO0EJp8-Xgxc_FqO8NkS-hgaAtPk8P8HAQ

That means the battery is rated at 78 amps continuous use, and a 3 second 156 amp burst..

The 200 watt at .04 is pushing 70.71 amps.. it's close to hitting the continuous amp limit of the battery but not there yet.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've seen lipo bags too, for people who crash their RC cars into trees, and fly their RC airplanes into the ground. "just sayin"

I don't think that reply accomplished what you expected it to.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
GIF-Giraffe-eating-Popcorn.gif

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No popcorn needed for my replies...

I'm pretty much done with this discussion.. Time will tell but the same exact arguments were used back in 2010 for dual stacking. Some of us remember how that turned out.

I do hope Evolv survives as competition is good. To put all their eggs into a 200W Lipo pack only powered mods is puzzling to me but hey, I assume they know more about the market than I do..

I won't buy one and I don't know of anyone who will. Okay, maybe a few people I know will but only for shits and giggles.

I am into the high end mods. My cheapest mod at the moment is an SX Mini.. I have not seen a single high end mod maker that will use a Lipo pack and I've not seen a single high end mod maker say they will use the DNA 200.. Nobody is complaining to them saying they want a Lipo and / or they want a DNA 200...

I hope these Lipos don't go kaboom because that the last thing that we as vapers need right now. I do foresee plenty of Darwin award seekers cranking that thing up to 200W on insanely low builds though. I would not want to be within 20 feet of them when they do..

Peace owt..

Last edited:

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No popcorn needed for my replies buddy...

I'm pretty much done with this discussion.. Time will tell but the same exact arguments were used back in 2010 for dual stacking. Some of us remember how that turned out.

I do hope Evolv survives as competition is good. To put all their eggs into a 200W Lipo pack only powered mods is puzzling to me but hey, I assume they know more about the market than I do..

I won't buy one and I don't know of anyone who will. Okay, maybe a few people I know will but only for shits and giggles.

I am into the high end mods. My cheapest mod at the moment is an SX Mini.. I have not seen a single high end mod maker that will use a Lipo pack and I've not seen a single high end mod maker say they will use the DNA 200.. Nobody is complaining to them saying they want a Lipo and / or they want a DNA 200...

I hope these Lipos don't go kaboom because that the last thing that we as vapers need right now. I do foresee plenty of Darwin award seekers cranking that thing up to 200W on insanely low builds though. I would not want to be within 20 feet of them when they do..

Peace owt..

Later buddy
It's been a nice discussion and I'm glad it stayed civil for the most part.

I do agree with you that Darwin awards will be handed out with the new DNA200, but then again they could be handed out with any other device aswell.

The one thing I'm almost certain about is that evolv will have an amp and voltage out put limit that will work to keep idiots from trying a .04 build at 200 watts.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've read the same responses for two or three pages... popcorn is my only option.
I've tried to refrain from adding to the cyclical and ridiculous argument.
I've used LIPOS in everything from quad copters to fully autonomous robotic systems, in addition to watched the military drones used to surreal and help whack insurgents. All applications will put more drain and volatility on a lipo battery than a mod firing a dual coil atty to "make cloud bro" while still letting it effectively vape at 20w

Hence the argument makes me eat popcorn before my head spins.

In one sentence you say vape what you like, it makes no difference to you, but you keep arguing; so obviously it bothers you..... personally, like I said a few pages ago vape whatever makes you happy but let me and others educated on the product do the same. You're a cool dude and knowledgeable but a few pages of the same cyclical banter gets a little old.

If it makes you happy, evolv is making other boards. They do have plans for some that won't require the 3 cell pack; and will put out less power, resulting in not requiring the same amp limit and compatible with one or two 18650's.- so the argument really is completely pointless.

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yawn........

I responded again because I was quotted..

I've said several time if lipo pack are your thing then rock it..

Responses like this are why I am outta this thread..

Peace!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would never buy one, I don't know of anyone in real life who has one and I know of absolutely ZERO high end mod makers who will be using a Lipo pack...

Here's one, don't say I never did anything for you

variant-main-500x500.png

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And nobody is buying them....

RRP was what $700-$750? They are being sold on secret Facebook Groups now for under $250 which is a fraction of the original price and that's IF they even sell, which from what I've seen, they are not...

If 200W is your goal I have a MUCH better option for you..

Get a Snow Wolf!

pre_order_snowwolf_200w_temperature_control_vv_vw_variable_voltage_wattage_box_mod_silver_067v_5200w__74966.1433102371.1280.1280.jpg

Now everyone please stop quoting me so I can depart this thread.. :p

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Later buddy

The one thing I'm almost certain about is that evolv will have an amp and voltage out put limit that will work to keep idiots from trying a .04 build at 200 watts.

Has there ever been a regulated mod that will allow a kanthal build to .04ohms? This dna200 won't allow that. Not sure what you're referring to

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Has there ever been a regulated mod that will allow a kanthal build to .04ohms? This dna200 won't allow that. Not sure what you're referring to
I was referring to another post made by raqball.
Don't worry I know that won't happen. The amp limits will determine how low we could build and how much power we can apply to said build.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And nobody is buying them....

RRP was what $700-$750? They are being sold on secret Facebook Groups now for under $250 which is a fraction of the original price and that's IF they even sell, which from what I've seen, they are not...

Now everyone please stop quoting me so I can depart this thread..

My thread, I'll quote as much as I want
You changed the discussion from "you know absolutely no high end mods with lipo's" to a pricing thing. I simply showed you one with a lipo, and none have ever gone "kaboom".
you say
"Guess we will see when people crank that Lipo up to 200 watts on a .04 build"

Show me a regulated mod that will handle kanthal to .04 ohms. Never heard of one, and certainly not this dna200 according to specs. Not saying you're wrong, just asking

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I personally would not call the mod you posted as 'high end' but you can if you chose to. There is a reason that not many sold and the ones that did, can't even get a fraction of their original price on resale....

Most high end mods cost 2x to 3x RRP on the open market..

Evolv has not one upped YiHi they've out gimmick'd them IMO...

And you are right, I can't stop you from quoting me but if someone asked me to do so, I would be adult enough to honor their request..

Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol,,, holy fuckstick batman
Yeah, 750$ -$800 mod made of titanium is NOT high end. After I was done laughing and cleaning the coffee off my tablet I realized that .i can't take anything else said seriously.

But after the way my day has been going I needed the comic relief

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Laugh all you want... A true 'high end' mod does not sell for 1/3 of it's RRP.. And then even at 1/3 of it's price ---> there are no takers..

Need an example? There have been 3 Zero DNA 30's listed recently.. Yes DNA 30! They sold almost instantly and for more than RRP... Want another? Wapari DNA 30 just sold in a matter of minutes for 2x it's RRP... These were DNA 30's going for more than RRP.

Here is another... A Pandora DNA 40 sold yesterday for $1,800 which is 4 times it's RRP... I could continue but why bother....

The VA Titanium? Can't even get 1/3 of it's RRP.. The last one I saw sell was for $230.

So ya, laugh away or learn about true high end mods 1st. The choice is yours as I would not want to prevent anyone from getting some comic relief.. :p

I can package up some bird shit and sell it for $700.. So because someone buys it, it's now high end bird shit? Nope, still just bird shit..

Sometimes I just have to giggle at comments...

Anywho ---> Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I laugh at uneducated and ignorant comments too.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The DNA200 looks cool and all, but... if there's one thing I've learned with Evolv, it's to wait at least 6 months for other early adopter fools to review anything they sell (honest reviews that is, not Busardo or Triper) before giving them a cent more. Evolv got a lot of my money already and gave me nothing but headaches in return.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wasn't gonna go there but when did you become a troll?

Really dude??? A total troll. When you first showed up over here you seemed like a pretty chill dude. But fuck! I even defended you.

This thread started as a comparison of the two flagship BOARDS by the two biggest and most innovative board design companies in the industry. Being I enjoy the aspect of circuit design and analysis I thought it would be enjoyable.
But because of your self imposed need to be a troll and have the last word on everything; you've devolved the thread into a mess of ignorance and misinformation. No matter what fact has been shown or presented to you.

To your high end bullshit! Im not even gonna waste my time. I've seen that thread and feel bad for ever posting on it.

Now seeing as how you ignore at least one person a week please add me to your ever growing ignore list.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The DNA200 looks cool and all, but... if there's one thing I've learned with Evolv, it's to wait at least 6 months for other early adopter fools to review anything they sell (honest reviews that is, not Busardo or Triper) before giving them a cent more. Evolv got a lot of my money already and gave me nothing but headaches in return.
Should have one next weak I hope.
Donating money to the evolv 401k program
Hahah

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a lipo catch fire once. Took me half a can a starter fluid and a matchbook.
But that thing sure did catch!

A nail and hammer may be quicker.... I took an alternate route though, I crashed my electric RC airplane and had forgotten to put something between the battery pack and the motor mount screws going through the firewall... it was exciting while it lasted... :)

BTW... this time, the crash was not my own fault... the manufacturer had gotten subpar balsa and the horizontal stab ( the part the elevator attaches to for those that don't know the lingo ) failed... once they heard about it on their RCGroups forum area, they requested I send photos and they replaced everything that was damaged in the crash. It's one of the few RC incidents I can't be blamed for though... :D

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
C'mon Raqball, you said you would go away several times... so just go away. Discussing resale prices of mods has no bearing on a technology discussion, it's just trying to deflect the discussion to something inconsequential. Or, just keep giggling like a schoolgirl. But do it in the background so you aren't so disruptive.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
C'mon Raqball, you said you would go away several times... so just go away. Discussing resale prices of mods has no bearing on a technology discussion, it's just trying to deflect the discussion to something inconsequential. Or, just keep giggling like a schoolgirl. But do it in the background so you aren't so disruptive.
Maybe you should quote the person(s) who brought that into the discussion and not me for responding..

All I said was I know of no high end mod makers who will use Lipo or the DNA 200. That mod was offered as a rebuttal to me and I responded.. Is it that hard to follow the flow of events? I guess so...

At any rate, if a true high end mod maker(s) decided to use the chip or a lipo pack in their mods I will be sure to post about it here but don't hold your breath for that to happen.

Word twisting, mis-quoting and childhood games get nowhere with me...

You want the chip, buy it! You like Lipo packs, buy it! You like the combo, buy it! I don't and won't but please stop with the games...... I responded to other comments that you would have been better served quoting as well...

Interesting behavior to say the least..

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quit dude, you're making yourself look worse with every post. I'm going from annoyed to wanting to pray for you. How many times has it been said that the same board with less power and only requiring 1 or 2 18650's are going to be made.
They are gonna call it the dn@raqball

Now can we get past the goddamn batteries????

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Quit dude, you're making yourself look worse with every post. I'm going from annoyed to wanting to pray for you.
Childish response... And I believe it's you and one other who are making themselves look bad with childish comments, word twisting and mis-quotes ---- so at any rate...............................

How many times has it been said that the same board with less power and only requiring 1 or 2 18650's are going to be made.
They are gonna call it the dn@raqball Now can we get past the goddamn batteries????

You can say it all you want but where is the statement from Evolv stating this?

If they make it to where it will work with a single 18650 or a single 26650 then I'd probably change my tune on it. Far to many people got burned by Evolv to take their word on anything! And that's if they have even said it will do so...

A direct quote from Evolv
Battery: The DNA 200 runs from a 3s lithium polymer type battery pack. This type of battery requires cell-by-cell battery monitoring and balance charging to operate safely. The DNA 200 connects to the cell taps on the battery pack with a four position JST-XH connector. The tap connector must be connected for the DNA 200 to run.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You can say it all you want but where is the statement from Evolv stating this?
If they make it to where it will work with a single 18650 or a single 26650 then I'd change my tune on it. Far to many people got burned by Evolv to take their word on anything! And that's if they have even said it will do so...

I'm willing to put money on it that it will be out before Christmas.

I'm childish? did you read your last statement ? Why do you care? If you have zero interest in the product quit trolling those of us that do.
You must be DrG from ecf, no cant be, at least he tries to sound like a synapse works up there

Say what you will dude, I'm done with you.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm willing to put money on it that it will be out before Christmas.

Maybe, maybe not... If they do I'll change my thoughts on it.. If that were the plan, I'd assume Evolv would have said so already..

You must be DrG from ecf, no cant be, at least he tries to sound like a synapse works up there

And now personal attacks eh? Oye vey.. Thanks for proving my previous comment to be true though.

See, now I could toss one out as well and call you an ECF named person but I'd rather not revert to kindergarten name calling...

Do you act this way every time someone does not agree with your point of view? I certainly hope not..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really no personal attacks. Where did I call you a name? Where did do anything more than reference your behavior? And assume that you are him, at this point I'm pretty convinced.
Its not a point of view by any means, I'm not trying t run around telling everyone their face will catch on fire. I was attempting an intelligent conversation on the board until someone trolled into batteries and cant let go
And now personal attacks eh? Oye vey.. Thanks for proving my previous comment to be true though.

See, now I could toss one out as well and call you an ECF named person but I'd rather not revert to kindergarten name calling...

Do you act this way every time someone does not agree with your point of view? I certainly hope not..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
C'mon guys give it a fucking rest.
I tried several times I left the thread for 3 days and Dr G still can't let go.

Can we at least get the motherfucker first?

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And assume that you are him, at this point I'm pretty convinced.

I've been on ECF since 2009 and I have NO clue who the heck DrG is.. You comment calling me that person was an obvious insult / put down.. Play your child ass kindergarten games with someone else please..

Grow up!

I was attempting an intelligent conversation on the board until someone trolled into batteries and cant let go

You have done nothing of the sort and news flash, the battery requirement of the DNA 200 is a hot topic every where so why would it not be discussed here in this thread?

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sweat god in heaven if anyone cares to have a logical discussion on the board maybe compare it features and footprint with the sx350. Please by all means PM me.

Obviously that wont be possible here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors