VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
dramaqueen.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK!!!!!!!! Lets do a chill down in here please raqball & f1r3b1rd , This thread I hope doesn't have to go where all the mud slinging threads end up, let's get back on track with the topic.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No popcorn needed for my replies...

I'm pretty much done with this discussion.. Time will tell but the same exact arguments were used back in 2010 for dual stacking. Some of us remember how that turned out.

I do hope Evolv survives as competition is good. To put all their eggs into a 200W Lipo pack only powered mods is puzzling to me but hey, I assume they know more about the market than I do..

I won't buy one and I don't know of anyone who will. Okay, maybe a few people I know will but only for shits and giggles.

I am into the high end mods. My cheapest mod at the moment is an SX Mini.. I have not seen a single high end mod maker that will use a Lipo pack and I've not seen a single high end mod maker say they will use the DNA 200.. Nobody is complaining to them saying they want a Lipo and / or they want a DNA 200...

I hope these Lipos don't go kaboom because that the last thing that we as vapers need right now. I do foresee plenty of Darwin award seekers cranking that thing up to 200W on insanely low builds though. I would not want to be within 20 feet of them when they do..

Peace owt..
Yo, you said????

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read the same responses for two or three pages... popcorn is my only option.
I've tried to refrain from adding to the cyclical and ridiculous argument.
I've used LIPOS in everything from quad copters to fully autonomous robotic systems, in addition to watched the military drones used to surreal and help whack insurgents. All applications will put more drain and volatility on a lipo battery than a mod firing a dual coil atty to "make cloud bro" while still letting it effectively vape at 20w

Hence the argument makes me eat popcorn before my head spins.

In one sentence you say vape what you like, it makes no difference to you, but you keep arguing; so obviously it bothers you..... personally, like I said a few pages ago vape whatever makes you happy but let me and others educated on the product do the same. You're a cool dude and knowledgeable but a few pages of the same cyclical banter gets a little old.

If it makes you happy, evolv is making other boards. They do have plans for some that won't require the 3 cell pack; and will put out less power, resulting in not requiring the same amp limit and compatible with one or two 18650's.- so the argument really is completely pointless.
Yo, you said????

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put your dumb ass on ignore 2 days ago.. I didn't post about and I damn sure didn't bring it back up today for no reason and out of the blue..

You must be one of those constant attention seekers.. I know the type(s) well ---> Woe is me, feel sorry for me, show me some attention... I get it now..

Why's it not working then?:D:p

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why's it not working then?:D:p
Tapatalk....

Plus this thread (thanks to mainly one unnamed person) has turned into a kindergarten name calling train wreck... It's hard to not look at a train wreck you know...

I know, I know.. I'm Dr G (whoever that is).... I guess........... LOL

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All's I am gonna say is get it back on track or we'll have to move it, easy peasy.
You both made your point and it's okay to disagree and debate, but when it turns to attacks on each other away from the thread topic, It heads for the mud pit and everyone else suffers for the move because of 2 members counting chest hairs.....so it's your call now

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're both correct!

My apologies to the rational people in this thread who wanted to discuss the chip.. I came, I tired, I got called Dr G, I failed..

With that I bow out and when I'm called Dr G again, I'll turn the other cheek! I still want to know what and who the heck a Dr G is though... LOL

dT7ekazbc.png

Last edited:

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapatalk....

Plus this thread (thanks to mainly one unnamed person) has turned into a kindergarten name calling train wreck... It's hard to not look at a train wreck you know...

I know, I know.. I'm Dr G (whoever that is).... I guess........... LOL

Just one person.. ha... you better add yourself to that list... your posts have been the most childish of the group and you still try to point fingers at the others acting like you are all innocent in all of this crap... You aren't, you are as guilty as the ones you keep pointing at.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So is it safe to come in yet? Or still too soon?
I'm curious as to who other than myself, drone and dre, are gonna give this a try.

Personally I'm excited about being able to tweak the software myself and hoping to give it something of a boost mode like the Sx350 powerful+

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I am in my "Wait and See Mode"

I know all of the usual media types are going to be all over this, but no offense meant to any of them, it really does not mean shit to me until it has been in the hands of the vaping community at large for a minimum of 3 months which is usually enough time for the "Bugs" to come out and play.

Then, I may even consider getting a device driven by this new tech.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Me, I am in my "Wait and See Mode"

I know all of the usual media types are going to be all over this, but no offense meant to any of them, it really does not mean shit to me until it has been in the hands of the vaping community at large for a minimum of 3 months which is usually enough time for the "Bugs" to come out and play.

Then, I may even consider getting a device driven by this new tech.
I hear ya uncle. I wished I did the same with the dna40 but knowing me ill regret waiting this time.
That and I'm a sucker for technology.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happen to have an official statement or comment from Evolv stating this? Sorry but even if they did say it, I won't believe anything they say until they prove it and it's proven to work.. I'm still trying to get that bad DNA 40 taste out of my mouth..
No... An official statement would likely provide the incentive for the Chinese to start the cloning process for the other devices after receiving the DNA200. That would limit sales and provide a completely unnecessary obstacle to receiving an appropriate ROI for Evolve. I love how in this industry the consumers feel entitled to insider information and want it published on a public forum where the competition will have full access to business plans and trade secrets.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Like Busardo on reviewers q last week. The topic came up and Matt had made the comment of preferring a 60 or 100w rendition and Busardo made a rather long statement how these manufacturers talk to him and respect his opinion and input but they know they can talk to him about all these things because he wont spill the beans until they are ready for him to. And he doesn't want to lose that privilege; in addition, to he respects them the industry and his reputation too much to put any of that at risk.
"but he had a 'big shit eating' grin' "

It kinda was enough to say what's coming down the pike

Not to mention it would be unrealistic to think that they don't know what people want, all they have to do is look at sales numbers, its a business, they aren't in it to lose money, and they have to have been hemorrhaging cash with the dna40; I went through 13 boards to get 8 working boards.

For them not to accommodate 1 or 2 cell boards would be a huge revenue loss, unless there is something else we are still unaware of. perhaps it secretly has taste control?

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
About this TC thing. I would really like to have a mod where i could just dial in the temp, and it would make that happen. Thats temperature control, as it stands now its just temperature limiting IMO. Will be buying a DNA200 for sure though. Just cause i want to own one.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, now thats a device that doesnt encourage me to spend a dollar on it. Lots of promises tho, but very little fact.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Realistically if you just crank the watts/joules then limit via temp you get practically the same effect as controling solely by temp.

It would be more intuitive to just set a temp and be done though.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You need assholio!!!!!

Yep, the ever elusive Asshoio, available in June or July or at some point during the next year (sorry the release date keeps changing)is the mod that does it all!

It has Temp Control with whatever wire you decide to use (coat hanger, barbed and razor), has Taste Control and it can make that Gawdawful E-Liquid sample you just got as a freebie taste most wonderful, it has a built in GPS system, it is most healthy for you and it makes you highly desirable to the opposite sex.

The instructions as well as the display are written in genuine Chinglish. Most desirable.

And if you need support, it is available except when the only factory contact is gone for a week or so (as in when you need it) on a business trip.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Realistically if you just crank the watts/joules then limit via temp you get practically the same effect as controling solely by temp.

It would be more intuitive to just set a temp and be done though.
I am aware of this, yes. And it was my point excatly. Seems like the industry is holding on to watts/joules because people are used to that, but i think it would be easier and nicer if i could just set the temp and be done with it. Then you could adjust your airflow etc and get the same temp vape every single time.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I'd like to see the temperature in Kelvin units.:p

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Color temperature? No. Just temperature.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smok actually does that. When your nickel glows yellow and cotton has burnt your temperature is aroud 4000K

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And yes, i guess i was wrong. Its been ten years since i last studied the subject.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0 K
The kelvin is the primary unit of measurement in the physical sciences, but is often used in conjunction with the degree Celsius, which has the same magnitude. Subtracting 273.16 K from the temperature of the triple point of water (0.01 °C) makes absolute zero (0 K) equivalent to −273.15 °C (−459.67 °F).

evil_spock_by_warrenzoell-d6eslnz.jpg

Waiting on my snow wolf cant wait does anyone have one and if u do how do u like it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Done with the battery shit. at this point I just want a fucking camel, non-filter
bleh

Ten mins till I can put in my cloudmaker dna200 preorder in :) I'm one of the 500

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
What was the price point on the cloudmakler?
That cloud maker Is a kick ass concept !!!!
Pretty sure I'm goin with the vaporshark mostly because of physical size of the device.

Thinking I might go the same route.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bleh

What was the price point on the cloudmakler?

Thinking I might go the same route.
The vsdna? Supposedly they're going back to powdercoating for the finish so that should hold up better. And the size is supposed to be same width as the vsdna40 and just a few mm taller and wider than the rdna30. With user serviceable battery.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh.... they have 2 dna 200 versions?

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dna200 sx350j and there own os which isn't available yet.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah dude, I ended calling the dude, their OS board sounds neat with open source and all. i totally dig the concept, just really apprehensive on any other preorder after the mess of shanmods and countless others.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use smog distribution so your money will be safe and a refund is possible. He has a presale going on

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really Really Really Really???? Now I'm excited!!!

Thanks dude!!!

bnap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol this threads been hilarious, informative with a touch of fight club ive loved it.. Im very interested in the evolve chip but ill have to hold off til they fix whatever maybe lurking

bnap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
. Uh ohhh screen issue

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

bnap

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year