Become a Patron!

Evolv 1 upping Yihi

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
naturally all the big timers have to serve the population with what the majority wants, not what a few forum whiners want.

A few forum whiners? Grow up and have a civil discussion about the topic will you please?

I'll bet the majority of vapers can care less about yo clouds bro....

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'll tell you what I'd really like to see on these boards..

The ability to plug it into your PC and open a software app. In this app it either reads your coil ohm's or you enter it in manually. From there you can have a ton of selection boxes that will customize the vape.

1. Type of vape: Cooler - Cool - Normal - Warm - Warmer
2. Flavor / Clouds: Flavorful - Mixed - Clouds - Yo Clouds Bro

ect, ect, ect..

Click save and that data is transferred to the chip. Have 4 or 5 different memory banks and away you go!

The chip would then control every single aspect of the vape and adjust accordingly..

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll tell you what I'd really like to see on these boards..

The ability to plug it into your PC and open a software app. In this app it either reads your coil ohm's or you enter it in manually. From there you can have a ton of selection boxes that will customize the vape.

1. Type of vape: Cooler - Cool - Normal - Warm - Warmer
2. Flavor / Clouds: Flavorful - Mixed - Clouds - Yo Clouds Bro

ect, ect, ect..

Click save and that data is transferred to the chip. Have 4 or 5 different memory banks and away you go!

The chip would then control every single aspect of the vape and adjust accordingly..
evic supreme.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
evic supreme.
Yes something similar to that would be sweet...

I don't need 500 watts, 12 coils and a 8 battery mod to vape.. I'd guess the cloud chasers (overall) are in the teens as far as % go..

I get it though, this new chip will be outdated in a year so if the fad blows over then they adjust from there..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, most of vapers I know and myself included, enjoy a bit of 'high power' vaping once in a while. Most low wattage users I know also enjoy it from time to time.
As an all day thing? No that's impractical
As a sometimes for shits and squiggles? Sure thing,

My adv is either an Atlantis at 36w and 470° an aquav2 at 38 or billow at 45
If I'm on a RDA its a mech with a 0.2 build or a regulated in the 55°
For my cloud blowing fun, its a twisted messes, tugboat anarchist or Kennedy comp at 85-90w

And I'm almost 40. most of my friends who vape have the same preferences and they are my age OR older.
Someone said earlier having the power with headroom is just nice, the idea of running my gear at its limits does not to me.
I agree a fair amount of people re happy with a pen or low power mod; however, I think the pen Users are those who vape to get off smokes, once a lot of people try the hobby side, they get into the mix where it goes from non-smoking to hobby art.
The best way to look at it is if the high power mods did not sell; they would stop making them. companies like prorape would not be hurting or evolve would not be throwing a 200w board at the wall hoping it rights the ship.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your right, but apple products aren't expensive because of manufacturing costs, their high because of the cost of R&D and because they can charge whatever they want, and apple fans will pay it. The manufacturing cost for Apple to upgrade an iPhone from 16g memory to 64gig is $6, but they charge $100 more for the 64gig iPhone 6. And in previous models like the 5s, is was a $200 difference. Why, because we'll pay it
That is the problem, people will pay for the name. I have repaired apple phones before and the Apple parts are cheaper then the Samsung parts.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, most of vapers I know and myself included, enjoy a bit of 'high power' vaping once in a while. Most low wattage users I know also enjoy it from time to time.
As an all day thing? No that's impractical
As a sometimes for shits and squiggles? Sure thing,

My adv is either an Atlantis at 36w and 470° an aquav2 at 38 or billow at 45
If I'm on a RDA its a mech with a 0.2 build or a regulated in the 55°
For my cloud blowing fun, its a twisted messes, tugboat anarchist or Kennedy comp at 85-90w

And I'm almost 40. most of my friends who vape have the same preferences and they are my age OR older.
Someone said earlier having the power with headroom is just nice, the idea of running my gear at its limits does not to me.
I agree a fair amount of people re happy with a pen or low power mod; however, I think the pen Users are those who vape to get off smokes, once a lot of people try the hobby side, they get into the mix where it goes from non-smoking to hobby art.
The best way to look at it is if the high power mods did not sell; they would stop making them. companies like prorape would not be hurting or evolve would not be throwing a 200w board at the wall hoping it rights the ship.

Evolv is going to have a hard time coming back from the DNA 40 debacle..

Throwing a chip into the mix that might only appeal to a low % of actual vapers is not a good idea in my book.. Provape is hurting because it's a tube mod.. I'd be willing to bet if they made a box mod with the same exact chip, they would sell a ton of them..

I would not and I will not buy this new DNA chip and I've owned every Evolv chip all the way back to the Kick...

I know and talk to about 20 local vapers all the time.. Most do vape under an ohm and most are in the 30'ish-50'ish watt range. I do not however know a single person ( I do see them in vape shops however) who vapes for the yo clouds bro effect....

Maybe I am just weird.. I've been vaping since 2009 and 3 ohms was considered LOW back then..

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@ f1r3b1rd I vape pretty much the same way you do. It's fun every once and a awhile to show off to friends or what not, But 200 watts is not my style.
I typicaly vape around the 40-60 watt range on drippers and even less on my sub ohm clearo's.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is the problem, people will pay for the name. I have repaired apple phones before and the Apple parts are cheaper then the Samsung parts.
That may be because apple is so popular thus more companies make more parts and for cheaper to be competive. I have replaced several digitizers and lcd screens on apple devices and they are more of pain in the arse then most other brands IMO having 30 + screws to just replace a damn screen is overkill IMO.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Throwing a chip into the mix that might only appeal to a low % of actual vapers is not a good idea in my book.. Provape is hurting because it's a tube mod.. I'd be willing to bet if they made a box mod with the same exact chip, they would sell a ton of them..

I would not and I will not buy this new DNA chip and I've owned every Evolv chip all the way back to the Kick...

I know and talk to about 20 local vapers all the time.. Most do vape under an ohm and most are in the 30'ish watt range. I do not however know a single person ( I do see them in vape shops however) who vapes for the yo clouds bro effect....

Maybe I am just weird.. I've been vaping since 2009 and 3 ohms was considered LOW back then..
@ f1r3b1rd I vape pretty much the same way you do. It's fun every once and a awhile to show off to friends or what not, But 200 watts is not my style.
I typical vape around the 40-60 watt range on drippers and even less on my sub ohm clearo's.

That's the nicest of the evolv and yihi boards,
I vape on the dna40 and x350 both at 35w when I go higher I obviously have the Sx but that's the point .....it doesn't only vape above 50w it vapes just as well at 10-12 as it does at 150-200 and everything in between.

So, while I'm skipping this board as well, after also having all of their products, its not just for the cloud makers. It'll handle the kayfun and protank vapors as well.

And I domt know anyone in real life that vapes under 20w anymore, and a good friend of mine owns a very nice b&m.
People buy a pen, and come back 3 months later for 30w or 50w mod... every time.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That may be because apple is so popular thus more companies make more parts and for cheaper to be competive. I have replaced several digitizers and lcd screens on apple devices and they are more of pain in the arse then most other brands IMO having 30 + screws to just replace a damn screen is overkill IMO.
Buy the whole screen complete for about $45 and all you have to do is replace it in 5 minutes. I think only 5 screws have to be removed. Two removed to pull screen from housing and 3 to disconnect wires. Reverse and done.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And I domt know anyone in real life that vapes under 20w anymore.

I raise my hand in shame.......

I vape at about 12-15W most of the time... I have a Subtank Mini that I vape every so often with a .5 build in it and when I do, it's set to 20W..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I raise my hand in shame.......

I vape at about 12-15W most of the time... I have a Subtank Mini that I vape every so often with a .5 build in it and when I do, it's set to 20W..
Haha, its not a shame thing, quite honestly with the more airflow and bigger wire vaping at the higher power is also easier to build or more fun if you do the Clapton and parallels or other 'fun' stuff. just as much ..
that as clouds.

You know like that kf4- good tank with th bell cap, but It needed the 4s kit put In, the tight draw just..... well.... cam do it. Ha ha
And admittedly 20w is the lowest that its enjoyable, much better n the DNA and kicked up a bit.....for me.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haha, its not a shame thing, quite honestly with the more airflow and bigger wire vaping at the higher power is also easier to build or more fun if you do the Clapton and parallels or other 'fun' stuff. just as much ..
that as clouds.

You know like that kf4- good tank with th bell cap, but It needed the 4s kit put In, the tight draw just..... well.... cam do it. Ha ha
And admittedly 20w is the lowest that its enjoyable, much better n the DNA and kicked up a bit.....for me.
Yeah I mainly vape on Kayfun's had them all.. Toss in the Taifun GT as well. Had the OG and the GTII is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.. I vape them at about 1.2 to 1.5 ohm and at about 12-15W.. That is the perfect vape for me..

Every now and then I get wild and crazy and toss the Subtank on. I use the RBA portion of it and generally try to get a .5 ohm coil in it. That is vaped at 20W. I think one day I was brave and cranked it up to 25W and hated the vape so back down it went...

That is what makes vaping, chips, RBA, RDA, RTA's so great! Something for everyone.. I still think Evolv is going in the wrong direction with this new chip but hey, to each their own right?

I am personally done with Evolv as are many people that I know. They pissed off a lot of people and once you loose trust in this bizz, it's hard to get it back..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I mainly vape on Kayfun's had them all.. Toss in the Taifun GT as well. Had the OG and the GTII is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.. I vape them at about 1.2 to 1.5 ohm and at about 12-15W.. That is the perfect vape for me..

Every now and then I get wild and crazy and toss the Suntank on. I use the RBA portion of it and generally try to get a .5 ohm coil in it. That is vaped at 20W. I think one day I was brave and cranked it up to 25W and hated the vape so back down it went...

That is what make vaping, chips, RBA, RDA, RTA's so great! Something for everyone.. I still think Evolv is going in the wrong direction with this new chip but hey, to each their own right?

Well yah everyone has their style some of us have multiple styles,
But they didn't go in a direction, from my knowledge on the board it:::
Vapes from 1w-200w all Accurately
Handles from 0.08ohm-3.3ohm
Does tc in ni200 and ti
And is user customizable through open source programming.

Still seems like they throwing out the kitchen sink to please everyone with one shot

The vaPorshark version is 3 lipids that are user changeable and the mod is thinner that the Rdna but 2mm taller so still compact for factor. The sxm does 150; an I stiltl stay under 100; so I guess I'm confused at where they are catering?
I mean why can't someone vape at 15w on it? It will still do it just as well as as previous chips.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know and talk to about 20 local vapers all the time.. Most do vape under an ohm and most are in the 30'ish-50'ish watt range. I do not however know a single person ( I do see them in vape shops however) who vapes for the yo clouds bro effect....

Evolv is facing a vaping community that will really critique their new board. The DNA40 debacle was handled poorly, a buddy of mine sent his in for replacement, they put the new board in and 2 days later, same screen scramble problem. Sent it in again and got it back, lasted a week before completely failing. Provape is hopelessly behind the times. Tubes are slowly going away, high capacity box type mods are in vogue now. Hell, even Joyetech hit a home run with the eGrip, a munchkin sized box mod with a built in tank, now they have the EVIC VT and it's selling like mad.

Provape and Evolv tried to dictate the technology, price point, and form factor of vaping to the vaping market. They failed. All Provape has to do is put a 30 watt software upgradeable board into a well engineered box, it would sell big time, especially if it used 2 18650's or had a LiPO pack in it.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well yah everyone has their style some of us have multiple styles,
But they didn't go in a direction, from my knowledge on the board it:::
Vapes from 1w-200w all Accurately
Handles from 0.08ohm-3.3ohm
Does tc in ni200 and ti
And is user customizable through open source programming.

Still seems like they throwing out the kitchen sink to please everyone with one shot

The vaPorshark version is 3 lipids that are user changeable and the mod is thinner that the Rdna but 2mm taller so still compact for factor. The sxm does 150; an I stiltl stay under 100; so I guess I'm confused at where they are catering?
I mean why can't someone vape at 15w on it? It will still do it just as well as as previous chips.

I suppose you are right.. I would have rather them innovate rather than crank up wattage..

It's all moot to me though as I think I'll stick with SX chips from here on out unless they screw the pooch as well...

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Evolv is facing a vaping community that will really critique their new board. The DNA40 debacle was handled poorly, a buddy of mine sent his in for replacement, they put the new board in and 2 days later, same screen scramble problem. Sent it in again and got it back, lasted a week before completely failing. Provape is hopelessly behind the times. Tubes are slowly going away, high capacity box type mods are in vogue now. Hell, even Joyetech hit a home run with the eGrip, a munchkin sized box mod with a built in tank, now they have the EVIC VT and it's selling like mad.

Provape and Evolv tried to dictate the technology, price point, and form factor of vaping to the vaping market. They failed. All Provape has to do is put a 30 watt software upgradeable board into a well engineered box, it would sell big time, especially if it used 2 18650's or had a LiPO pack in it.
I agree 100% with what you said..

Provape is getting killed bacause for some 'odd' reason they think tube mods have a future.. They are dead for now at least.. Perhaps over time tube mods will make a comeback, but Provape may not be around when and if that happens. I firmly believe that if Provape made a 30W box mod, they'd sell the crap out of them..

Yes the DNA 40 debacle not only pissed of users but more importantly it pissed off the mod makers.. Piss them off and they will use a different chip.. Mod makers had to waste a TON of time and effort replacing bad boards... Not something they really want to be doing..

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I suppose you are right.. I would have rather them innovate rather than crank up wattage..

It's all moot to me though as I think I'll stick with SX chips from here on out unless they screw the pooch as well...
I'm not trying to defend them by any means I got raked like everyone else and am on team yihi as well, just still a fan of what they were.
Every tech they released had something new- I think for them the user customizable software is this chips attempt at a new tech.
At this point it woukd need memory setting, firing modes, and a hot blonde with double d's before ill buy one.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
11415330_917675901613708_5811070031342048335_n_zpsdnpqhzu9.jpg

The VS is using 3 user serviceable lipo batteries
So from left to right is dna200, Rdna200 and then Rdna200 SS or Type R lol? just curious is all.

zanzabar78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So last week people were complaining about the DNA 40 bring underpowered, now they are complaining about it being over powered. Very strange. Regarding form factor I bet it will support 1, 2 and 3 18650 configurations, with different max wattage like the sx mini does with the battery extender tube to raise the Max wattage to 120.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So last week people were complaining about the DNA 40 bring underpowered, now they are complaining about it being over powered. Very strange. Regarding form factor I bet it will support 1, 2 and 3 18650 configurations, with different max wattage like the sx mini does with the battery extender tube to raise the Max wattage to 120.
For my use a DNA 30 is overpowered.. I've never once said the DNA 40 was under powered.... :shrug:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So from left to right is dna200, Rdna200 and then Rdna200 SS or Type R lol? just curious is all.
I think its the dna40, rdna40, dna200.
They said addition to the family, and when they did the dna40 it was as an addition to current offerings.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It supports LiPo and triple 18650s (possibly) according to Evolv.

Massive fail.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It supports LiPo and triple 18650s (possibly) according to Evolv.

Massive fail.
Did you see anything about It possibly lowering the available output if only 1 battery?

Last edited:

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A few forum whiners? Grow up and have a civil discussion about the topic will you please?

I'll bet the majority of vapers can care less about yo clouds bro....
Im not the one getting upset about petty matters or looking down on others for their personal preferences.
If the majority didnt care about clouds then all new, high end mods, tc or not, would not exceed over 100 watts.
Its the few forum whiners that talk down on a preference that obviously surpasses most others in terms of numbers.
Pick yourself off the ground and pull yourself together before trying to tell people to grow up.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Evolv seem to have been doing fine so far without selling absurd power cloud chasing devices.
If that were the case they wouldnt be launching a 200w device, would they?

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe they should use a differen't Power-Source instead of Lipo's. Have heard great things about Pu :)
HTML:
http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=xzycltyszc&as=1
maxresdefault.jpg

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pick yourself off the ground and pull yourself together before trying to tell people to grow up.
Guess that's a big ole' NO on acting like an adult and having a civil discussion then...

Have a nice day...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guess that's a big ole' NO on acting like an adult and having a civil discussion then...

Have a nice day...
Guess not, something about people constantly belittling an interest i enjoy for no reason other than difference in taste brings out my inner child.
So right back at ya.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you ser anything about It possibly lowering the available output if only 1 battery?
I did ask retired over at ecf as he has a beta unit his reply was that it needed LiPo pack or 3 x 18650. Do wish it would work with 2 x 18650's in a flask style mod 120 watts would be all I'd ever need.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe they should use a differen't Power-Source instead of Lipo's. Have heard great things about Pu :)
HTML:
http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_16x16.swf?pid=xzycltyszc&as=1
maxresdefault.jpg
tHe creator of assolo?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did ask retired over at ecf as he has a beta unit his reply was that it needed LiPo pack or 3 x 18650. Do wish it would work with 2 x 18650's in a flask style mod 120 watts would be all I'd ever need.
I trust him as much as a priest at a boyscout camp

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Guess not, something about people constantly belittling an interest i enjoy for no reason other than difference in taste brings out my inner child.
So right back at ya.
Where O where did I, or anyone for that matter, belittle someones interest?

Because I said "Yo clouds bro'?? Must have stuck a cord with you for some odd reason..

But it's whatever... I think I'll utilize that fancy IGNORE feature on you now since you appear to be hell bent on acting like a child..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lol I beleive the Ijoy assolo is using the latest and greatest flux capictor to do tc on kanthal.
They got it from the aliens rectal thermometer

judgewiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe 200 watts is overkill but I think what is important is the competition. When I started vaping there wasn't much out there and you were basically stuck with what you could find. Forget finding a B & M shop there was no such animal. So you never got to see what your were getting till it arrived in the mail. Now there are so many choices that it is nearly impossible to pick because the next new thing is around the corner except around Chinese New Year. We have gotten safer to a degree and more aware. Here in the forums we try to steer people to make informed choices but there is so many out there. I remember the argument between using the Riva or the Ego and they were probably your only 2 choices. So I may get confused by everything that is out there, I am happy that I have multiple things to pick from to keep from smoking. Thank you for the time to put my 2 cents in and Happy Vaping

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guarantee they'd be getting better reception if they were releasing a ~70w device that used 18650s and had all the features of the DNA200 chip.
I have not really looked into the DNA 200 to be honest but if it will not work on a single 18650 then it's basically DOA (except for limited interest) as far as many mod makers are concerned.. They are not going to redesign their mods..

Take a look at some of the high end stuff like a Melody, Pandora, Zero ect.. These are all designed to take a single 18650.. When they want to make a newer version of their mod they won't even consider the DNA 200 would be my guess..

I wonder, will the DNA 200 work with a single 26650?

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
According to current info from the beta testers it's 3C LiPo or 3 18650s, and the 18650 option was stated as "should work" by the Evolv engineers.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Then to me it's DRT (dead right there)

I assumed there would be a way to run a single (at lower watts obviously) or a dual 18650 set up..

It's a limited use scenario type chip that has very little value to a large portion of the vaping community..

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, since this appears to be a specialty type chip I assume they will continue to make the DNA 40 Gold?

If that's the case then I guess this becomes even more of a head scratcher to me...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it requires more than 2 18650s to run it already lost against yihi imo before it even launches.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm all for a user upgradeable box, but I don't need 200w and from what I'm hearing this will be pricey, just like all Evolve chips. Too much out there that works well for far less money. I guess we'll have to wait for china to clone it. Hmmmm, that should take at least a week. :)

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaporshark must be hurting because of the dna40. They're dumping the rdna40 for $130 and now are selling Evic vt and the ipv4

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think VS got hit the hardest with the faulty DNA 40's.. I know several who bought them only to end up sending it back to VS for a chip replacement.. VS must have gotten the bulk of the crappy chips.

I am kind of surprised VS didn't go in a different direction chip wise..

There are some pretty high end and normally unreachable mods for trade on a secret FB group right now and the people looking to trade them are stating in the trade ad --> No DNA's and they are looking for SX Chipped mods only..

It will be interesting to see if Evolv can survive..

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think VS got hit the hardest with the faulty DNA 40's.. I know several who bought them only to end up sending it back to VS for a chip replacement.. VS must have gotten the bulk of the crappy chips.

I am kind of surprised VS didn't go in a different direction chip wise..

There are some pretty high end and normally unreachable mods for trade on a secret FB group right now and the people looking to trade them are stating in the trade ad --> No DNA's and they are looking for SX Chipped mods only..

It will be interesting to see if Evolv can survive..

I'm so glad I sold my vs rdna40. Got $160 for it 2 weeks ago. Now if be lucky if I got $80

VU Sponsors