Redheaded Stepchildren

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon. Go ahead, tell us how nice it is down your way today. We can take it.
Oh, it's ok here...glad that winter is over finally. That was a rough week!
NgpHMrd.png

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$65,482

According to a survey run by Bride to Be magazine, the average cost of a wedding in Australia is now $65,482. That's a considerable difference from the $36,200 the government's Moneysmart website quotes.May 19, 2016

:confused:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$65,482

According to a survey run by Bride to Be magazine, the average cost of a wedding in Australia is now $65,482. That's a considerable difference from the $36,200 the government's Moneysmart website quotes.May 19, 2016

Either way, I can see why one would choose to stay single.

Umm, why you reading bride to be? Something you're not telling us?

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good thoughts for you and your family, but like I said, you need to make sure you take care of yourself as well.
If you don't you'll end up old and decrepit like 1Pak and PoiBoi.
Yeah I usually have a hard time putting myself first but I kind of realized I needed to take care of me to take care of Mom, Thats a start lol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
$65,482

Maybe their survey base and demographics are of the people that can spend that much.
Personally, even if I had it.... Not a chance. I can think of many better things to get a family of 4 with that much money.
Kudos to those folks though, I hope they have all the happiness we have.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pfffft... We added it up to be roughly $3000 including the honeymoon/family vacation. I'm too much of a cheap ass to go blowing the cost of a really nice car on one day. I'm sure we will end up a few dollars over that estimate but nothing along those lines

Please talk to my daughter. She wants to go low key and keep the cost at about $20000 . . .. :facepalm:
I'm not paying for it, but the $ could go to a car or down payment on a house.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Please talk to my daughter. She wants to go low key and keep the cost at about $20000 . . .. :facepalm:
Amen, dude!!!
We were both married before. The way I see it: the first one was for our families. This one is for us!!!

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're just doing immediate family, one of the indoor water parks here has a ton of convention rooms and beautiful decor, and 7 restaurants inside the park we will pay for everyone for one night, and then we are including the water park thing as a family honeymoon. Don't have to decorate or feed a ton of people, and everyone gets to have fun. Not conventional by any means but it fits us lol

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Amen, dude!!!
We were both married before. The way I see it: the first one was for our families. This one is for us!!!

It will be their second one too. I think they've been influenced by her younger sister's wedding last year - on the North shore, at a private beach rental . . . but who am I to tell them what to do.

We're just doing immediate family, one of the indoor water parks here has a ton of convention rooms and beautiful decor, and 7 restaurants inside the park we will pay for everyone for one night, and then we are including the water park thing as a family honeymoon. Don't have to decorate or feed a ton of people, and everyone gets to have fun. Not conventional by any means but it fits us lol

We did ours at Morton's Steakhouse. Immediate family for a quick ceremony and a nice dinner right after. Wife used her gift cards and I got to pay for the rest. LOL I'm still paying . . .. . :giggle:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We did ours at Morton's Steakhouse. Immediate family for a quick ceremony and a nice dinner right after. Wife used her gift cards and I got to pay for the rest. LOL I'm still paying . . .. . :giggle:
Bahahahaha, isn't that the way it always works? Hahaha
But you wouldn't change a thing, I bet.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bahahahaha, isn't that the way it always works? Hahaha
But you wouldn't change a thing, I bet.

Yes, it's a hard lesson and one that they don't let you forget. As she puts it "what's yours is mine and what's mine is still mine . . . . "
We were together for 15 years - I think she finally got tired of her daughter introducing me as her mom's boyfriend. That and the same daughter and her husband being pastors in the church we attend may have added to it.
Nothing I would want to change - I consider myself blessed.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, it's a hard lesson and one that they don't let you forget. As she puts it "what's yours is mine and what's mine is still mine . . . . "
We were together for 15 years - I think she finally got tired of her daughter introducing me as her mom's boyfriend. That and the same daughter and her husband being pastors in the church we attend may have added to it.
Nothing I would want to change - I consider myself blessed.
Haha
Congratulations on being blessed!

I can imagine; though, the kids adding the pressure... Lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mattie and I...the MINIMUM number of witnesses that the state allows...in the forest. Honeymoon is still being discussed, but it will either be a country in Central America, or one in Southeast Asia.

VU Sponsors