Redheaded Stepchildren

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please talk to my daughter. She wants to go low key and keep the cost at about $20000 . . .. :facepalm:
I'm not paying for it, but the $ could go to a car or down payment on a house.
Okay, I know I am a very weird child but when Stan and I got married, we did it in Deadwood, SD while on a planned gambling trip with my parents. Marriage is a gamble, right?! We work very nice new jeans, cowboy boots but did not wear cowboy hats as my father wished. I wore a beautiful white sweater with rose buds embroidered and he wore a dress western shirt. We gave the Mayor of Deadwood, who performed the ceremony, a gratuity, paid a couple bucks for the license and my sister made a small three tiered cake that Mom surprised us with at dinner that evening. I thought it was just perfect.

We discussed it and decided that spending money on a wedding could be better invested in a self bailing oar frame river raft or some such thing that would give us lots of future chills, thrills and fun. (we did not get the raft...oh well LOL) As I said, I am weird and I see things differently than most.

We were married in the Old Style #10 saloon right under a framed dead man's hand that got Wild Bill Hickok killed as the story goes.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning knuckles.

Getting my mid west on with loose meat sandwiches again.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
love VE confirmation emails

[a "slab" is a carton of beer]

----------------------------------------

It has been a quiet day at Vapoureyes, not too slow, just right... well, until the intercom crackled to life:

"Listen up, people! We've got a new order for Dan..."

….but no one could hear the rest of the announcement over the thunderous roar of applause. Sam tore open the slab of celebratory red tins. Tears of joy were shed. Tara starting singing ”I'll Make a Man Out of You" from the Mulan soundtrack. Even Ed, our production manager, smiled—and Ed never smiles.

Simply put, your order caused pandemonium and everyone is thrilled to have you on board. Thank you!

Once we clean up our celebration mess, we’ll be working to get your order packaged, shipped and on it’s way to you ASAP. If you have any questions or problems, you can reply to this email. We’ll follow up with with tracking information as soon as your package ships so you’ll know exactly when to expect delivery.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Women's AFL started it's inaugural season this weekend.

Quite different. They like the old school "bump". Which is charging into an opponent with hip and shoulder to disposses them.

Girl doggies beat freo. Who are tipped as the team to beat, with a decade of strong state league.

Need to not say things like "Up the girl doggies!" need to adapt cheers lol

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
love VE confirmation emails

[a "slab" is a carton of beer]

----------------------------------------

It has been a quiet day at Vapoureyes, not too slow, just right... well, until the intercom crackled to life:

"Listen up, people! We've got a new order for Dan..."

….but no one could hear the rest of the announcement over the thunderous roar of applause. Sam tore open the slab of celebratory red tins. Tears of joy were shed. Tara starting singing ”I'll Make a Man Out of You" from the Mulan soundtrack. Even Ed, our production manager, smiled—and Ed never smiles.

Simply put, your order caused pandemonium and everyone is thrilled to have you on board. Thank you!

Once we clean up our celebration mess, we’ll be working to get your order packaged, shipped and on it’s way to you ASAP. If you have any questions or problems, you can reply to this email. We’ll follow up with with tracking information as soon as your package ships so you’ll know exactly when to expect delivery.
That's pretty funny.

Good morning Knuckles. :wave:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
9d25f3471082cffcbace611a15417e55.jpg

Lol

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Moms platelets are up from one to five, and her bone marrow biopsy didn't show any leukemia blasts. If all goes well for another week or two things should be okay.

I on the other hand am utterly exhausted both physically and mentally. I spend more time walking around in circles trying to remember/figure out what I was/am doing than anyone should. Pretty sure Vae got dizzy watching me.

What a relieve-uh I got my Tiva! She hasn't left my side for a minute (unless one of us is making potty or I'm on the road/ at the hospital,) she used to sleep next to my legs but now when it's bedtime she has to be right next to me, head on a pillow (I've had to fight her for my bamboo pillow a couple of times,) and touching me so she knows if I get up. If I readjust, she closes any gap between us, which has ended with me scrunched up in the corner once or twice, but I don't really mind. At least I don't get a Vae Butt in my face when I go to sleep

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Moms platelets are up from one to five, and her bone marrow biopsy didn't show any leukemia blasts. If all goes well for another week or two things should be okay.

I on the other hand am utterly exhausted both physically and mentally. I spend more time walking around in circles trying to remember/figure out what I was/am doing than anyone should. Pretty sure Vae got dizzy watching me.

What a relieve-uh I got my Tiva! She hasn't left my side for a minute (unless one of us is making potty or I'm on the road/ at the hospital,) she used to sleep next to my legs but now when it's bedtime she has to be right next to me, head on a pillow (I've had to fight her for my bamboo pillow a couple of times,) and touching me so she knows if I get up. If I readjust, she closes any gap between us, which has ended with me scrunched up in the corner once or twice, but I don't really mind. At least I don't get a Vae Butt in my face when I go to sleep

That's good news Saint.
Remember to care for yourself.....and don't sweat the running around in circles shit, I've made a career of that just for the dizzies it creates.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's good news Saint.
Remember to care for yourself.....and don't sweat the running around in circles shit, I've made a career of that just for the dizzies it creates.

Been having an issue finding time to take care of me, I hit the brakes on everything for awhile this afternoon and it made me realize how hectic it's been.

Dealing with everything doesn't quite help my efficiency in getting stuff done. I got Mom a phone yesterday so she could get ahold of me when she needed, so I feel better about that.

She can only call local from the hospital and after her not being able to get ahold of me the other day, I decided it was a necessity. She was just having a rough day and wanted me there, I actually told her the day before to get ahold of me if she had a bad day or whatever and I would come down.

Oh yeah, da dizzies help errythang lol Wait, did I just get hood?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Great news!!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning!

Glad your moms improving Saint! Hang in there buddy.

Got my camera and spent yesterday being confused and overwhelmed. My wife was like, well take great pictures. I had to explain that in auto, it takes pics no different than our phone. It just has more settings and capabilities to allow you to get better pics and I don't know how to do that yet. I got an eye roll out of her.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning!

Got my camera and spent yesterday being confused and overwhelmed. My wife was like, well take great pictures. I had to explain that in auto, it takes pics no different than our phone. It just has more settings and capabilities to allow you to get better pics and I don't know how to do that yet. I got an eye roll out of her.

morning 22

some of the non-dslr cams make changing settings a bitch, since they assume most will point and shoot with them

but to start, pick an aperture based on depth of field you want, the cam should recommend a shutter speed even in full manual. You then "bracket" 5-7 around that

so if cam recommends 1/120th, then take 1/60, 1/80, 1/120, 1/250, 1/50 shots with the aperture you chose

some have a setting to automate this

and remember the rule of thirds https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
morning 22

some of the non-dslr cams make changing settings a bitch, since they assume most will point and shoot with them

but to start, pick an aperture based on depth of field you want, the cam should recommend a shutter speed even in full manual. You then "bracket" 5-7 around that

so if cam recommends 1/120th, then take 1/60, 1/80, 1/120, 1/250, 1/50 shots with the aperture you chose

some have a setting to automate this

and remember the rule of thirds https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

Yep, once I learn how to navigate the settings. Being used, it came with instructions in 5 different languages, none of them being English. Guess the previous owner couldn't find that pamphlet when they traded it in.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah football and... stuff and things.

If you can't tell I've never been into ball sports. With most sports I was into the round things were tires, not balls. Not big on nascar though..."they're makin' a left turn! they're makin' a left turn! I wonder what will happen next!?"

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning!

Will do 22! Im taking an extra day home to catch up. Moms platelets are back up to 15! I've been too scared to look up what they are supposed to be at, maybe I can check it out now.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone see the CNN article today about the new Vaping "study" on dripping? It's so ridiculous it's maddening. It says dripping is a teen trend and that it's exposing them to harmful fluids... essentially painting a picture like dropping is equivalent to freebasing. I'm so tired of living with all these alternative facts, and I'm afraid this era has only just begun. Ready to dig a hole to bury myself in until this stupidity passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone see the CNN article today about the new Vaping "study" on dripping? It's so ridiculous it's maddening. It says dripping is a teen trend and that it's exposing them to harmful fluids... essentially painting a picture like dropping is equivalent to freebasing. I'm so tired of living with all these alternative facts, and I'm afraid this era has only just begun. Ready to dig a hole to bury myself in until this stupidity passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't see it, but I fear this hole you bury yourself in will only serve as an early grave. The stupidity is well entrenched and hear to stay.

VU Sponsors