Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the best cotton I've come across and IMO it's made my building so much easier
fb3e22e109c755009fc5ab8c30b23843.jpg
ba5ed74dc46dbb893c068a30cb223b08.jpg

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

I use the unbleached muji Japanese cotton squares. The stuff works great.

I just roll as tight as I can, roll one end into a point and then thread the coil... Cut, fluff, and juice!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've tried the squares but they're too stiff for my liking the cotton I use is like the middle of the squares which makes it a lot easier to compress and get it where I need it. Without messing up. The coil. I've been going on a wire building spree I gave away 90% of my kanthal because all I as running was TC but as I started hanging around here and saw what some of these guys where doing I had to restock on kanthal and 36&40g Ni80. Vaping now isn't just a way to stop smoking is actually now a hobby and anyone who has seen my collection would know all about it lol

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ugh first one pulled over by the shitty town cop this year! Starting off right

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the unbleached muji Japanese cotton squares. The stuff works great.

I just roll as tight as I can, roll one end into a point and then thread the coil... Cut, fluff, and juice!

Shiseido here. I used unbleached organic at first but my ocd made me pick out all the seeds before i rolled it up.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ugh first one pulled over by the shitty town cop this year! Starting off right

That's why this is one night I don't go out the cops where out in full force at like 11am where I am

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's why this is one night I don't go out the cops where out in full force at like 11am where I am

I was told to "slow it down on them backroads young man" for going 42 in a 40. I love small towns

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was told to "slow it down on them backroads young man" for going 42 in a 40. I love small towns

Wow I guess they where bored maybe they get a bonus for every car they pull over. Lol

wr3ckin_it

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Happy New Year everyone!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shiseido here. I used unbleached organic at first but my ocd made me pick out all the seeds before i rolled it up.

Hahaha, I do the same. I see the flecks in there and sit the picking them out. I have gotten fast at it. All that wax on wax off Mr miagi taught me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1451659778378.jpg

Found some coils for my Marquis clone. 8 wrap 24g. .33ohms. Bored out airflow and the cotton still gets brown after 2 hours

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That had to be fun to keep in order while you wrapped it!

I will call this, Tank Track!

Loads of fun. A ball bearing swivel helped immensely in comparison to any previous build. By the way this is mounted in my relatively new tobeco special edition 22mm plume veil clone with the much larger post holes from ironvapin.com... The flavor in this thing is great.
Tank track...nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MidwestExpress
I saw this today and am very interested. Let us know how you like it, I may have to get one if it will make dripping out and about easier.
I couldn't help it. The velocity is my favorite rda so I figure why not get one with a tank even if the tank is tiny. 2.5 will get me to work and refill and get me home. So works for me. I hope I can fit my velocity mini top on it too. That would be nice.

I will keep everyone posted for sure.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditched the 28/33 sfc's for 26/40 fc's. Performance is bar none with these. Tried a 30x40/26/40 multicored framed build but cant for the life of me get the cores to stay inside the frames even with binding with wire

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditched the 28/33 sfc's for 26/40 fc's. Performance is bar none with these. Tried a 30x40/26/40 multicored framed build but cant for the life of me get the cores to stay inside the frames even with binding with wire

That is what I fought with when I did mine. Flavor still blows everything it off the water. Going to build it again when my double vision shows up.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is what I fought with when I did mine. Flavor still blows everything it off the water. Going to build it again when my double vision shows up.

How do you keep it from getting all floppy in the middle?

Gear101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone need a little bling in thier lives? Not mine, photo credit : Rip

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1451673815873.jpg
    FB_IMG_1451673815873.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 32

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So just thinking here. Has anyone tried a "staged heating" fused clapton? Like 26/24 ga fused with 36?
If so how did it work out?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude, that's my "go to" coil! Read the first post in This Thread
Although lately I've been loving this alien build I have in the Velocity. Next build might have to be a staged alien. I've done 'em before, and they're very flavorful and make pretty vapor.

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny thing, I went to sand out my freakshow to make the barrel fit better and easier to pop on and off and I decided to take the o rings off. I took them off and put them on my velocity mini clone. Both the freakshow and velocity have 3 o rings. I swapped all three from one to another. Now my freakshow is easier to use and my velocity isn't all loose and rattling. The af adjuster also doesn't spin or loose anymore. So score!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do it. They're easy to do, and they vape great!

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f9e0ece39ea7dd7b34102a91391dc57f.jpg

Someone gave me a V2 yesterday. Got a 30/40g Alien in there and it's pretty darn good! Be sure to post your builds!
For sure I will! Don't have anything special in it right now, but I hope to get something nice loaded up soon.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Noisy Cricket? I haven't touched any of my other mods in over a month haha. It hasn't left my sight since i got it, if it were $100, i'd buy another one in a second-i love it that much!
Making wish I had bought one when they had then for $17... Instead I bought the lavabox.

I have never had a mech mod, only read a ton about them and been around my buddies that have them. I have wanted to get one just to have but didn't know is should bust through the gate with a wide open series mod like the cricket. All the ones I have been around are just single battery tubes.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Making wish I had bought one when they had then for $17... Instead I bought the lavabox.

I have never had a mech mod, only read a ton about them and been around my buddies that have them. I have wanted to get one just to have but didn't know is should bust through the gate with a wide open series mod like the cricket. All the ones I have been around are just single battery tubes.

It may have been wise to wait a bit, it certainly takes some familiarity with mechanical mods in order to use it. But with a little bit of knowledge and care it is a lot of fun. I always check my builds against an ohms law calculator and i check my battery amp limits against Mooch's battery chart. As with any mech mod, as long as you play by your batteries' amp limits you're good to go :D

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Little performance vid of that single alien in the Monster V2. Not bad for a single coil in a tank on a breezy Florida night!
Music by Bruce Springsteen & The Seeger Sessions Band :p

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What part of Florida? I was there for 21 years ('92-'13) I was in the Tampa Bay and Ft. Lauderdale areas.

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After fighting for over an hour with the Monster V3 deck screws I ended back at this. 22gN80 5 wrap on 2.5mm.
28b1e8c938b5b6689f2e9250b4bdc030.jpg

I had a bunch of extra wire around from previous builds but I couldn't get anything to stay under the screws, so I just went back to basics and so far it's pretty nice. I need more time with this for sure but I wanted to use it tomorrow so this was my compromise.

VU Sponsors