Become a Patron!

Post your builds

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
After fighting for over an hour with the Monster V3 deck screws I ended back at this. 22gN80 5 wrap on 2.5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent my day in a similar fashion haha. I developed a method of holding the leads in place with my fingernail while tightening the screws. The v2 screws are a lot smaller than the v3, so you're lucky in that respect!

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dropped a little framed staple coil in the Nectar Mini. I wanted something that i didn't have to drip so often. Airflow is super tight, but its not bad for a little mouth-to-lung action! Kooky little atty!
5dcc39c377809545820dbb58eace5184.jpg

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My first parallel dual clapto on the crius. 26g nich80 warapped with 38g kanthal paralleled with the 26 nich80. Came out to .10 ohms according to my koopor plus.
2016-01-02 13.34.57.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ten ply spaced alien framed staple coil. It wasn't supposed to be a spaced coil, but I couldn't seem to get the stretch right:eek:and decided to go with it anyways. :D

10x0.5K, framed with 2x26K, wrapped with 26N, 3mm I.D., 0.13Ω

2016-01-02 18.56.57.jpg
2016-01-02 19.01.03.jpg
2016-01-02 19.12.43.jpg
2016-01-02 19.46.07.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
7b6689a06431cac33193bbe157e79128.jpg
i invented a new tool for picking up those stray pieces of wire. Specifically designed to work with all types of wire with extra power for kanthal

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
I'll take about 10 because under my build station it's carpet and there's nothing I can do about it so if I don't get it immediately it gets stuck in the rug the usually ends up stabbing me somehow somewhere and that sh#t hurts.

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I had to build vertical in mine.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just playing around with some stuff:
A 8x33k/33k sfc. Came out really tight but when i wrap it on my screwdriver the cores shift and it snakes on me. Can i fix this with hammering flat?
21d6a526d6550e3784ab0594e9ff6c26.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna try a 10x33/40 fc next. Anything i should know beforehand? I have all the cores straight and bound on both ends with wire thus far

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my aromamizer today. I swear it's the smallest build deck I've ever seen!!View attachment 37233

I have only built vertical on mine. It is so small but thankfully it is tall. My current build is I think 8 wraps tall. My build's kept coming in too low so I said to hell with it all and did a dual 8 wrap. It is coming in at .21 ohm I think. I would have to check.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok it's about time to do some serious restocking of batteries anyone know of a good place to get them?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok it's about time to do some serious restocking of batteries anyone know of a good place to get them?

Liionwholesale.com or slowtech. I ordered some 25r's from gearbest only because they were $15 for 4 and i dont care when they get here

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Liionwholesale.com or slowtech. I ordered some 25r's from gearbest only because they were $15 and i dont care when they get here

That's the site I was trying to figure it out and couldn't figure it out

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Liionwholesale? Were you spelling it LIONwholesale? I did that...

turnman34

Member For 4 Years
I have only built vertical on mine. It is so small but thankfully it is tall. My current build is I think 8 wraps tall. My build's kept coming in too low so I said to hell with it all and did a dual 8 wrap. It is coming in at .21 ohm I think. I would have to check.

What gauge of wire did you use??

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ment drill and hand not swivels. I can't use them without messing up

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
I don't use swivels for any claptons or drill work... Me either! Can't get it right. Don't care, whatever I do it works...

Matt

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Liionwholesale.com or slowtech. I ordered some 25r's from gearbest only because they were $15 for 4 and i dont care when they get here

Yes Liion is the place I go for all my battery needs. Highly recommend.

Matt

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@BrattVapes @CgS_Drone @Schmucko

Ordered the Kanthal. Rebuilt the same coils... much better.

I tried making coils with 4-strand twisted 32 gauge just to see what would happen. Springy as hell. Haven't fired them yet though... so I don't know if they'll settle down enough to fall in line and burn even. They're in my old RDA, so it doesn't really matter. Not asking a question about it... just thought I'd mention it since I'm posting, and it was interesting.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@LostHasher that's great man! You can never ask enough questions here. If there's something you're not 100% on you can always ask. There's always a person or two who can give insight. Can't wait to see what you do next!

On an unrelated topic... Saw these... Wow... I need to get on that alien game... And the micro clapton game....
c21f4a0aa05eface1408c65ddb1be50c.jpg

Matt

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can't wait to see what you do next!
It will be boring for a while.

--Was on Steam Engine (and VU) long enough to figure out what to do with the Ti for my wife's Kanger RBA. Once I get a clean build on that, I'll make about 10 backup coils.
--Will straighten and twist some of the 28g and 26g when it shows up, then get my two RDAs and tank up to speed, with backup coils.
--Whenever all that's over, I'll work on clapton wire until I can create enough of it for 2 clean coils.
--Then and only then... maybe a photo.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

--Was on Steam Engine (and VU) long enough to figure out what to do with the Ti for my wife's Kanger RBA. Once I get a clean build on that, I'll make about 10 backup coils.
--Will straighten and twist some of the 28g and 26g when it shows up, then get my two RDAs and tank up to speed, with backup coils.
--Whenever all that's over, I'll work on clapton wire until I can create enough of it for 2 clean coils.
We'll be here. Patiently waiting ;)

Matt

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Come on now, no pain no gain. Actually it's not near as bad as I thought it would be, heck I'm half blind. Oh wait maybe that's why I think my coils look OK. Forget what I said.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So I had like 10 minutes to myself and I got to put a new build in my crius
a222f864e1b937ab378b7c55fea0ebf3.jpg

Sometimes I get carried away with what the next best build will be but sometimes going back to basics is good to amazing flavor and vapor
f1f684f313ca48d7e51336ba05df5426.jpg

Dual coil 316 SS 10 wraps 2mm ID coming in at .47 ohms loving it.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't wait until my 37g 316 SS comes I'll be doing SS claptons idk I just love SS for how good the flavor is and how versatile it is and definitely cost effective I prefer it over even Ti for myself and how I vape it's perfect.

turnman34

Member For 4 Years
I can't wait until my 37g 316 SS cones I'll be doing SS claptons idk I just love SS for how good the flavor is and how versatile it is and definitely cost effective I prefer it over even Ti for myself and how I vape it's perfect.

Where are you getting your ss wire from. I'm having a hard time finding any.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't wait until my 37g 316 SS comes I'll be doing SS claptons idk I just love SS for how good the flavor is and how versatile it is and definitely cost effective I prefer it over even Ti for myself and how I vape it's perfect.

I have 28 430 ss fs wrapped in 40k in my Aromamizer. Getting that tuned in. So far so good!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is ukamane or however he spells it who is on etsy. That is where I get mine.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Where are you getting your ss wire from. I'm having a hard time finding any.

For the 316 type I use eBay it's roughly 10-12$ for 100ft
For 430 I use etsy but with 430 it comes in either 28g or 20g nothing in between and I'm finding I like the 316 better. If you do use etsy I'd get the 2 rolls of 200ft it's cheaper that way

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't worked with SS yet. Figure I may try a fused clapton today with it and see what I think. Maybe even a staggered fused clapton, who knows.

Last edited:

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some of the larger builds I am going to have to wait until I get my Velocity or Mutation X V3 clones in. I bought them just for making pics but who knows if the vape decent I may use them also. I am also thinking of getting the twisted messes rda for this also, trying to find a few with large build decks and large holes for the coil.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of the larger builds I am going to have to wait until I get my Velocity or Mutation X V3 clones in. I bought them just for making pics but who knows if the vape decent I may use them also. I am also thinking of getting the twisted messes rda for this also, trying to find a few with large build decks and large holes for the coil.
Check out the Double Vision. Large mount holes. I just ordered a clone and it was only $10 instead of $55

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where? I want one.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just wish they would have done dual post holes on the double vision. That's the only reason I haven't snagged one up

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

VU Sponsors