Become a Patron!

Martin Luther King, Jr. [POLL ADDED]

Do You Think I Was Wrong Posting The MLK Dreamsicle Meme?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your kinda blowing what he did out of proportion...He posted a pic of MLK with a Popsicle with a unwitty comment

And everyone is also blowing my opinion out of proportion.
It's my opion. I view that as a racist thing.
Don't like it? Suck it and move on.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And now for something completely different:

tumblr_m24bvfOjtE1qj5e28o5_540.jpg

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It was said earlier but, england.

And I'm not saying anyone's family in this thread owned slaves. What I am saying is that anyone with family heritage in the US that goes back to the 1800' could very well have a relative that owned a slave(s) and could have been raised in a family that has racist views. Simple fact, some of us in the US have family members that owned slaves and were/are racist.
If the offspring from those peole have over time lost the hate and not passed it down to their children, good on them.

My family going way back was not immersed in the thought that people should be owned so I didn't have any of that in my household.

If you read that post, the reason I pointed out where my parents are from is because they came here without a racist bone in their body and I am a product of my environment.

If I grew up in a racist household, there is a very high probability that I would be racist to some degree.

England, ya don't say. :D

Well, I have an Irish heritage. There was never a slave owned in my family tree.

However, my neighbor. His family sold the f*** out of slaves. Never owned one, but sure as hell sold them.

I live on both sides of the line. So I can see your point. Now, let me lay some truth on you. Generation X and Millenium are THE most racist humans I have ever met. Regardless of their skin color or nationality. And I've been around the block more than once.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just my opinion, we all have one. Tasteless at a bare minimum. Humor, removing the idea of mocking the man on the anniversary of his death on a scale of 1-10, 3 at best. If you enjoy making fun of other races, that may have pushed the humor factor higher for you. Creativity, a 1.
You can't hide behind humor on that one because there really wasn't much if any humor in it even stripping the racist undertones belittling a great man out of it.

If you asked someone who grew up in the era of segregation (which is not too long ago) how they felt about you mocking the most influential black american of that time, they would take you out back and give you a whoopin if they could but unfortunately most of them move pretty slow now.

You bet there are some of us whose grandparents were/are racist. Some great grandparents probably owned a few slaves (slavery and segregation did exist long after the 13th ammendment). And you would hope that ignorance fades and that gets diluted generation to generation but I absolutely think that your parents, surroundings and upbringing will help shape your view on people of other color.
Can you help it? No, your a product of your environment.

Pulse, you insinuate that I am inbred, the issues between the scotts and the blokes, whatever, no contry is without their faults but my parents did not grow up in a country that owned humans so I did not grow up in a household that was intolerant to people of color and didn't joke about it in any way.

Again, I'm not insulted in any way but I think that anyone that sees humor in that post (especially on that day) is at best insensitive and most likely was brought up in an area or household that fosters slurs and humor that would not be taken well in mixed company.

All my opinion, forums are full of them. OP stirred the shit pot with his meme spoon, I just commented on it. It was a stupid thing to post, what were you expecting? Rebel flags and meme's of MLK being shot?
ask your mommy and daddy where the quote "Nits breed lice comes from"....or ask them if they ever read "A modest Proposal"..ask them about long kesh prison or who Bobby Sands was....eurotrash lecturing America is a joke...when a continent who is responsible for two world wide wars on this planet in one century alone presumes to be a beacon of moral enlightenment..... all you can do is laugh....Also the English were up to their asses in the slave trade , they funded it the people who profited the most from the slave trade were europeans..not americans. For Europe to pretend it had no hand in the slave trade is ludirous, hell the English sold the first slaves in america...white Irishmen were the first slave trade in america,England was doing everything it could to depopulate Ireland of young men who would lead an insurrection...they arrested any able bodied Irishman they could find on trumped up charges and threw them in prison, they then sold those prisoners to plantaion owners from the americas to the carribean...the first slaves in America were white.and they died in bondage at a very high rate.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ask your mommy and daddy where the quote "Nits breed lice comes from"....or ask them if they ever read "A modest Proposal"..ask them about long kesh prison or who Bobby Sands was....eurotrash lecturing America is a joke...when a continent who is responsible for two world wide wars on this planet in one century alone presumes to be a beacon of moral enlightenment..... all you can do is laugh....Also the English were up to their asses in the slave trade , they funded it the people who profited the most from the slave trade were europeans..not americans. For Europe to pretend it had no hand in the slave trade is ludirous, hell the English sold the first slaves in america...white Irishmen were the first slave trade in america,England was doing everything it could to depopulate Ireland of young men who would lead an insurrection...they arrested any able bodied Irishman they could find on trumped up charges and threw them in prison, they then sold those prisoners to plantaion owners from the americas to the carribean...the first slaves in America were white.and they died in bondage at a very high rate.

That's why I stay away from threads like this. My Irish nose gets bent every time. :/

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

See post #100

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See post #100
Here buffy learn something I know reading may be a little tedious for you....The American people have had to fight against the influences of european bankers and corporations for our entire history...

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Butthurt and being a mod enforcing the very few rules we have here are two different things.....

But whatever this fucking forum is getting fucking weird lately I think I need to take a break...
Well... I am going to step up and say what everyone is thinking.
By and see ya when you can follow instruction better.
Sometimes taught when you where young.
I like to refer to it as (home training)
However with the nature of what was left for comments you didn't get much.
Lastly as I said . Have a nice life and peace out

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I freakin' LOVE pierogies!!!

These are the best, if you can't make your own.

DISCLAIMER: Hopefully, No Polish-Americans Were Offended By This Posting

20140314-286577-mrst3.png

Last edited:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I freakin' LOVE pierogies!!!
These are the best, if you can't make your own.

Damn straight!! The old gals at the Ukranian church make the best though. $8, for all you can eat, and they help you out after you can hardly walk, with a nice brown bag of perogy goodness in your hand.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Africans started slavery, they sold Africans to the English then to the Americans...

VAPE ON

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love making mine and putting a twist on them. Garlic, pepper, Everglades seasoning & a sprinkle of sea salt...

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude, I haven't had Everglades seasoning in years! Good Schtuff!!!

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Being now in West by God Virginia, I have to send a family member some money for a case

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup. I'm in MA now. I was in FL from 1992-2013. A few years in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and the rest in the Tampa Bay area.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you try looking up publix sight to see if you can order it ? If they have a sight still.lol . Food for thought.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah. I'll go look on Amazon. Kinda afraid to buy edibles from eBay. I'm sure it's available elsewhere, I just haven't thought about it in a few years. Gonna go look now.

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hahahahaha that's funny... That's what I use to all that are wondering

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well... I am going to step up and say what everyone is thinking.
By and see ya when you can follow instruction better.
Sometimes taught when you where young.
I like to refer to it as (home training)
However with the nature of what was left for comments you didn't get much.
Lastly as I said . Have a nice life and peace out

Um o fucking k.......follow what instruction, what the fuck are you talking about. Everyone was thinking that eh....

I didn't say anything in this thread besides somebody was hurt what huck was enforcing the rules and people got pissed. I'm far from anyone on here that stirs shit up and yes lately I feel every thread is a stupid fucking shit show. So please explain yourself on what the fuck I did here that made you so compelled to tell me to have a nice life and peace out.

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its weird we dont have a JFK day...maybe if he was black then we would :eek:

Just Playing :D
I think Dr. King deserves recognition, as does JFK; HOWEVER, WHY ISN'T THERE A NATIVE AMERICAN FEDERAL HOLIDAY?

The Native American Holocaust numbers are at least 10 to 100x loss of life than the Jewish & African/African-American Holocausts... As a Native American woman, mother, wife, & Matriarch of my family; I have ancestors on both sides of my family who were on the Trail of Tears - Many died, never making it to the Reservation. Others hid in the Appalachian to keep from being dragged onto the Trail of Tears.

That being said, I think MLK should be remembered & honored for his work for Civil Rights.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Dr. King deserves recognition, as does JFK; HOWEVER, WHY ISN'T THERE A NATIVE AMERICAN FEDERAL HOLIDAY?

The Native American Holocaust numbers are at least 10 to 100x loss of life than the Jewish & African/African-American Holocausts... As a Native American woman, mother, wife, & Matriarch of my family; I have ancestors on both sides of my family who were on the Trail of Tears - Many died, never making it to the Reservation. Others hid in the Appalachian to keep from being dragged onto the Trail of Tears.

That being said, I think MLK should be remembered & honored for his work for Civil Rights.

Ohhh hey!!! Welcome to VU, your new here:):)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Um o fucking k.......follow what instruction, what the fuck are you talking about. Everyone was thinking that eh....

I didn't say anything in this thread besides somebody was hurt what huck was enforcing the rules and people got pissed. I'm far from anyone on here that stirs shit up and yes lately I feel every thread is a stupid fucking shit show. So please explain yourself on what the fuck I did here that made you so compelled to tell me to have a nice life and peace out.

This is known as effectively handling your problems in the 21st century. If a person refuses to acknowledge or speak about reality. It doesn't exist.

And they get to live peacefully in their fairy tale world, where mom comes around twice a week, to powder their butts.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think he comes from gerneration that believes he is owed a "safe space" that things like critical thought that make him uncomfortable need to be eradicated and that the groupthink of the borg is the prime directive.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Welcome to VU :) We're all crazy here.

I'm Irish, with a hint of Cherokee. ;) And you may get to know me in the future. I'm currently working on a project that deals with the Freemen, and Black Wallstreet ties. Historical significances of course.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Actually in South Dakota we do not have Columbus Day, it was renamed to Native American Day a few years back.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think he comes from gerneration that believes he is owed a "safe space" that things like critical thought that make him uncomfortable need to be eradicated and that the groupthink of the borg is the prime directive.

Do you think anyone ever told him, this is how we decorate safe places :D

image.jpg

Raven_Nights

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually in South Dakota we do not have Columbus Day, it was renamed to Native American Day a few years back.
Things haven't changed where I live. It can sometimes get down right insulting.

I have a longtime friend I had to set straight about Native Americans; he lives in SD & made comment about the 'lack of employment & keeping up homes on the reset action there.'

I asked him what the hell shape would he be in if he was forced onto non-viable land the whites didn't want & that was only after stripping most of their heritage, customs, rituals, etc then said, 'You live here on this desolate space or die...'

Needless to say, it changed his whole proverbial religion.... lol!

Erase & educate one at a time if we must.... ;)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

The one great thing people have forgotten in the U.S. We're 50 states, we can pretty much write the rules the way we want within each one.

Thumbs up for you guys in South Dakota. However, Cali can just f*** off and die. They want to write the rules for the entire country.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU :) We're all crazy here.

I'm Irish, with a hint of Cherokee. ;) And you may get to know me in the future. I'm currently working on a project that deals with the Freemen, and Black Wallstreet ties. Historical significances of course.
what is this all about what is the project about.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one great thing people have forgotten in the U.S. We're 50 states, we can pretty much write the rules the way we want within each one.

Thumbs up for you guys in South Dakota. However, Cali can just f*** off and die. They want to write the rules for the entire country.
what planet are you on Puff...the states rights were stripped long ago, the federal goverment stole those.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things haven't changed where I live. It can sometimes get down right insulting.

I have a longtime friend I had to set straight about Native Americans; he lives in SD & made comment about the 'lack of employment & keeping up homes on the reset action there.'

I asked him what the hell shape would he be in if he was forced onto non-viable land the whites didn't want & that was only after stripping most of their heritage, customs, rituals, etc then said, 'You live here on this desolate space or die...'

Needless to say, it changed his whole proverbial religion.... lol!

Erase & educate one at a time if we must.... ;)

Oh don't know as I recall the cherookee did OK with all the oil on their land, and beside Oklahoma may not be paradise but it sure beats the hell out of the homelands of the Apache....guess the cherokee got the last laugh on the goverment.

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what is this all about what is the project about.

I haven't gotten all the facts yet. So it would be sort of misleading for me to give you a single answer.

But if you read about the current plight of the Freedmen, the locations of events current and past. You start to see a very ugly pattern.

What I'm hoping to do, is answer some questions that have never been asked within that group of people.

All that sounds very vague, and I apologize for making it so. But the internet is full of people who have nothing better to do than steal your ideas, and make money from them.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
wingnut loony....it's people like you what cause unrest. you realize of course the NSA just sent that picture to the Whitehouse and you can soon expect an IRS audit.
I paid my damn stam fees and fill out forms and waited almost a decade for most of what I own....I think next time they should owe me.
I dont cause unrest, I cause good times at the local range. The government causes unrest...Im worried all the time if the next mammy state will be mine...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I paid my damn stam fees and fill out forms and waited almost a decade for most of what I own....I think next time they should owe me.
I dont cause unrest, I cause good times at the local range. The government causes unrest...Im worried all the time if the next mammy state will be mine...
Yes,Yes,Yes, but it says right here on your last checkup at your doctor you complained of a headache...for public saftey we have to confiscate all your guns because your headaches may be a sign of the onset of bali-bali fever which causes violent outbursts....the gestation period for bali-bali fever is 40 years, so in 40 years you can have your guns back.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes,Yes,Yes, but it says right here on your last checkup at your doctor you complained of a headache...for public saftey we have to confiscate all your guns because your headaches may be a sign of the onset of bali-bali fever which causes violent outbursts....the gestation period for bali-bali fever is 40 years, so in 40 years you can have your guns back.
From my Cold Dead Hands...and those are rigged with a Claymore

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't gotten all the facts yet. So it would be sort of misleading for me to give you a single answer.

But if you read about the current plight of the Freedmen, the locations of events current and past. You start to see a very ugly pattern.

What I'm hoping to do, is answer some questions that have never been asked within that group of people.

All that sounds very vague, and I apologize for making it so. But the internet is full of people who have nothing better to do than steal your ideas, and make money from them.
well anything the federal goverment had it's hand in during reconstruction you can damn well bet wasn't for the good of anybody...

VU Sponsors