Become a Patron!

Martin Luther King, Jr. [POLL ADDED]

Do You Think I Was Wrong Posting The MLK Dreamsicle Meme?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As far as I can tell nobody on this forum thinks MLK doesn't desrve to be recognized and honored...

I think most do. They just don't want to pay for the right to honor him. Well, some do.

It's sad that day was so hard fought for. Then the family wants to be paid for using his likeness or name.

That's all I'll say on that subject.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yes, she is saying we lost more people in Iraq than in vietnam....and that Obama who violated the war powers act and bombed the hell out of Libya and armed al queda in libya...cares about people.The guy who increased troops in afghanistan 5 fold.. the guy who toppled the goverment of eygpt and installed the muslim brotherhood, who smuggled guns and tried to start a watr in syria, the guy who tried to start a war in the Ukraine, the guy who thought drone attacks were video games...he cares......
True.

Don't forget how those arms that he was giving away in the "fast and furious" bullshit, ended up in the hands of the worst drug cartel in Mexico. El Chapo has many of those guns in his hands. Those silly drug cartels that are killing our border patrol guys (among other Americans on our OWN soil).

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As far as I can tell nobody on this forum thinks MLK doesn't desrve to be recognized and honored...
Even me! He was a great man and did great things.

But there's nothing wrong (or disrespectful) with a little visual pun. I didn't post that meme to upset anyone, or open up this Sam's Club sized can of worms.

But would there have been this much anger if I had posted the "Jesus Dude" picture? I doubt it, and I find that picture/figurine to be very offensive to someone who actually died for everyone who has, and ever will, be born. INCLUDING those who don't even believe in Him.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

He's the guy from that movie training day right? That was a great movie..

Seriously though. early on in his life he said a lot of that I could never agree with and his membership with the NOI was tantamount to being a Klansmen. However, before he died he left the nation of Islam, denounced them in public and tried to repair many of the bridges he burned within his own community. He knew the wrongs he had committed and spoke out against them. He made attempts to do the MLK thing and work with all groups, white or black. He knew it would cost him his life but he did it anyway. Call me a douche all you want but I have to respect a man who could stand up against something evil (which he had a hand in fostering) then die for it.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You sound like a card carrying member of racistsgettingfired from Tmblr. Would you like to know my employer? I'm sure they need a good laugh too.

I also happen to know an Internet superhero who will hunt people down, force them to apologize, then agree with you. Would you like his phone number?

This thread is in the Mudd Pit for a reason. Yet that reason evades you Raven.
How did you get my phone number?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He's the guy from that movie training day right? That was a great movie..

Seriously though. early on in his life he said a lot of that I could never agree with and his membership with the NOI was tantamount to being a Klansmen. However, before he died he left the nation of Islam, denounced them in public and tried to repair many of the bridges he burned within his own community. He knew the wrongs he had committed and spoke out against them. He made attempts to do the MLK thing and work with all groups, white or black. He knew it would cost him his life but he did it anyway. Call me a douche all you want but I have to respect a man who could stand up against something evil (which he had a hand in fostering) then die for it.

Dying men always fear going to hell.

20 minutes may be good enough for God after being a complete dick your entire life. But, my name isn't Jesus.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dying men always fear going to hell.

20 minutes may be good enough for God after being a complete dick your entire life. But, my name isn't Jesus.
I had to take a Africian American history class in school and we learned a lot about the guy. He did more good in his last days then all his years combined with the nation of bullshit. You once gave me some advice in another thread something along the lines of "read more and turn off the tv" maybe you should take your own advice on the subject. Here is some advice from me to you, spend less time puffing and more time passing.

Burn.

;)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had to take a Africian American history class in school and we learned a lot about the guy. He did more good in his last days then all his years combined with the nation of bullshit. You once gave me some advice in another thread something along the lines of "read more and turn off the tv" maybe you should take your own advice on the subject. Here is some advice from me to you, spend less time puffing and more time passing.

Burn.

;)

Seriously?

Did they also teach you that before 1776 not a single American owned a slave? Ever?

Or, are we still letting others dictate how history is told.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I took out an aluminum street light pole once from spinning on black ice.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You decided to post that and opened yourself up to comments so you can call me whatever you want, don't care. And I wanted to point out that even though you recall honoring MLK, you didn't.

Maybe best to think a few more seconds about posting something that could be taken as racially insensitive on a public forum.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A page right out of history. Always a dumb fuck asking questions to incite sheep. Or is that excite sheep?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe best to think a few more seconds about posting something that could be taken as racially insensitive on a public forum.
Dude - EVERYTHING is being taken as racially sensitive in this thread!
I was reading it while eating crackers, and when I...

WHAT???
WTF does "Eating Crackers" mean?!?!?
IS THAT SOME KIND OF RACIAL SLUR FOR KILLING WHITE PEOPLE?!?!?
So ALL black people are African tribal fucking cannibals now???
RACIST! RACIST! RACIST!

Yeah, that's pretty much what this thread has become. Mostly because of self righteous, pussy footed little bitches like you.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Historically people have been other peoples slaves... things with blacks is they were the last and most recent ones.... the wound is still fresh i guess. It doesnt help that america was one of the last countries to abolish the practice.
Either way, whats done is done.
If you live in the past you will never be able to move forward.
Growing up in medellin it was a shit storm, in talking 80s and 90s... car bombings, random murders, most of you know the story. Medellin now is a completely different place. Went from being murder capital of the world to most innovative city on earth... best public transport... clean streets.. clean public access areas... still crime of course, but lower... because we left that shit behind and moved on... it is what it is people have to let it go and while im not racist i think black people in america to be some of the most racist people ever. They name a black month, a black channel, black this, black that and let someone say "this is exclusive to whites" and ooohhh shit youre pond scum all the headlines will tag ya as racist blah blah blah its bullshit you cant have double standards. People nees to get over the race shit cause its the class shit thats fucking us all.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Slavery still exists. In Africa...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Blacks enslaving blacks is how black slavery started worldwide anyway by blacks selling blacks to whites.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude - EVERYTHING is being taken as racially sensitive in this thread!
I was reading it while eating crackers, and when I...

Yeah, that's pretty much what this thread has become. Mostly because of self righteous, pussy footed little bitches like you.

This is your thread, it was just a thought in your head until post #1 was created. Yeah, it has a race inspired conversation going on (1st at VU I believe), and has moved on past MLK now.
I was just reminding you that you can't say you honored MLK since post #1 exists.

Pussy foot bitch because I am not swearing or returning the favor and telling you to fuck off?
Whatever, I don't care or have any anger to vent so again, call me what you want, don't care.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree the name calling is kind of a bitch move.... everyone has balls on the internet lol

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just reminding you that you can't say you honored MLK since post #1 exists.
So, by your logic, if I eat a hamburger, I'm no longer entitled to love my dog?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
everyone has balls on the internet lol
I do the same thing off the net. But I understand where you're coming from. I also agree that the name calling is a bitch move, but it felt good at the time. I should refrain from that type of posting. :oops:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WTF does "Eating Crackers" mean?!?!?

I don't know how it was used, or if it has changed over the years. But eating crackers refers to a (being all PC here) African American kissing a white mans ass.

It's code for being an Uncle Tom.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, and a little about "Uncle Tom"...
He was actually an operative for the Underground Railroad. He only kissed white ass to keep a low profile. He did a LOT of good!

Or so I'm told... I haven't been able to find a real Uncle Tom. The only reference is in the novel.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know how it was used, or if it has changed over the years. But eating crackers refers to a (being all PC here) African American kissing a white mans ass.

It's code for being an Uncle Tom.
Today I would define it as a black man/woman having conservative values. Any that would dare espouse those values is labeled an Uncle Tom.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MLK is one of our natiuonal heros, but we make puns about all our national heros...maybe we do it to pull them down from their perch as demi=Gods, so that they become more human to us, and we realize that there accomplishments their dreams are within reach of all of us.that even we ourselves are capable of similar acts... Their something very true and redeeming for humanity, about common men reaching moments of uncommon greatness.
I think this is particularly true about Americans...we have a well earned reputation for being inconoclastic...because we were the first country in the world to attempt to create a society run and led by the common man....I think as Americans we find it reassuring our heros have ketchup stains on their shirts.

Last edited:

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone ever read "the walls came tumbling down" it is a book written about king by a fellow " Reverend ". Seems as if the guy wasn't all he was cracked up to be. So no I don't honor him, no I won't respect him.

Edit* close friend of mlk, who was always with him, fellow Reverend.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You should respect everyone, regardless of their accomplishments.... just saying....

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should respect everyone, regardless of their accomplishments.... just saying....

Then I hope you accept my full apologies when I tell you that isn't going to happen.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone ever read "the walls came tumbling down" it is a book written about king by a fellow " Reverend ". Seems as if the guy wasn't all he was cracked up to be. So no I don't honor him, no I won't respect him.

Edit* close friend of mlk, who was always with him, fellow Reverend.

Yeah Ralph Abernathy....well if you think that was dissapointing read the life of Ghandi...he was no saint either...but I guess my question is.....who is...in the PC world we inhabit today that villifies Washington and Jefferson,...these people need to be careful of the moral yardsticks they use, because they will find no human lives up to them.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No need to apologize to me.... im not affected by your ignorance... and why? Its more of a favor youd be doing yourself.. maybe one day you will understand, probably not though and thats ok.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No need to apologize to me.... im not affected by your ignorance... and why? Its more of a favor youd be doing yourself.. maybe one day you will understand, probably not though and thats ok.

uuummm ...yeah, well that was meaningless.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha. My ignorance? Because I don't agree with you? OK champ. Hopefully no low hanging tree limbs will knock you off your fucking high horse.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Itll take more than low hanging branches to knock me off there buddy.....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha. My ignorance? Because I don't agree with you? OK champ. Hopefully no low hanging tree limbs will knock you off your fucking high horse.

oh his heads been banged quite a bit,as you can no doubt tell.

VU Sponsors