Become a Patron!

ECC BANS ALL CLONES FROM BEING SOLD

allby

VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
How many different ways are there to make a battery tube? I'm pretty sure that even so called "original" manufacturers are stealing from other "original" manufacturers. Open your eyes and look at 95% of the mods out there today.....they are just plain battery tubes and all look the same.

Look at the Colonial...WOW, that's super unique! NOT. Look at the Vanilla mod, the Penny mod, the XXIX mod...and so and so and so. Seems to me that you could call of them thief's just as well. They all look like regular old battery tubes. Oh wait, one of them had a ring around the bottom of the tube. WOW...super unique!!

Take the logo's off the clones and call it good. Other than that, you can't come down on the clones because there's too much copying going on already amongst the authentics.
ANd a lot of the "legit" mod makers have stolen their logos from other products they are no better

Alexander Knapp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SOURCE: ***(low-THC, ***-rich ***) laced candy handed out at ECC freely..... Only legal in 11 states.. CA is not one of them... The company that handed out the candy...

Where is it legal? http://www.celebstoner.com/news/***news/2014/03/13/four-states-on-verge-of-passing-cbd-only-laws/

View attachment 5236 View attachment 5237

http://pagesix.com/2014/08/25/sarah-silverman-flaunts-liquid-xxx-on-emmys-red-carpet/

To pour more salt on the wound.

BTW thanks for the blog update.. picked up that Turbo righty quick! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Im not for or against it. Joe seems to be on a mission to try to trash talk ECC at any given opportunity; with little to zero knowledge on the subject. Had he said what you said; I may agree with him.

I have nothing to gain by hurting ECC. Im simply reporting what I feel is news. I don't force people to read anything I write.

Sissy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so many sides and wonky levels of fuckery this weekend.

We both agree there ;)

I was there though, this was a vendor C&D (kryptonite) "served" (not really....) by a customer and a modder.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its hard to freeze the video, but you can do it. The complaint is about the unregistered Trademark Kryptonite Vapors. They want all the people that sold them anything with that "Mark"...they want all the records.

Here is the thing, since they took the video, and then said what they said about IJoy as a business. And then published it.

I think that iJoy has a strong case against them for liable and slander. They said everything they sold was crap and a counterfeit. Truth is a defense, but there is no way that statement is true. Was this all just to harm the reputation of a business and publish that on the internet to liable their business?

The Attorney is Tamara L. McNulty, Esq, 15333 Culver Dr Ste 340-261 Irvine, CA 92604 the address given on the letter is of the Postal Annex, store of Post boxes, located in a strip mall. Box 261

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Irvine-CA/Postal-Annex-L0111276558.htm
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/165050

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in-the-mouth-of-madness.jpg

I have my popcorn now, let the madness continue.....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I actually stayed out of this one.. hahah :) Now that is a miracle!

jessecast

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK I have seen a lot of replica and authentic bashing in here. What I have noticed about most people who buy clones and only use Replics is they will buy 10 to 15 mods in a row trying to find a decent one and at least 3 of those mods end up broken all but one sits on a shelf collecting dust. What I have noticed from authentic buyers they will buy 1 or 2 a year almost none will collect dust and time was put into researching the mod to try and get their preferences in it. I have no problem with replicas if they do not steal names and logos. Plenty of mods have been renamed(which you legally only have to have 3 changes to it) and sell amazing. Replicas do not save lives mods are are easy to make out of pipes if you really needed one to stop smoking. The fact is mod users are the failure rate of normal ecigs. As a failure rate you should expect more money into because you aren't a large market for ecigs you are the 1% of 1% of smokers take that into consideration.

End rant

Sissy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have nothing to gain by hurting ECC. Im simply reporting what I feel is news. I don't force people to read anything I write.

Reporters research. You're a gossip.

jessecast

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and one more thing to add you all spent roughly 1916.25 dollars on cigarettes a year but now have complaints on mod costs the real complaint you should have is with these overhyped juice makers and their piece of shit fancy premium label and glass bitch bottle.

tooitchy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Going after vendors...... That video really doesn't help their cause at all, crying assault for a piece of paper being tossed? You do realize yelling curse words at the guy you're serving is also assault, right? Seemed a lot like harassment as well, and what exactly was trying to be gained here? The vendor isn't the one ripping people off, you manufacturers are.

Manufacturers want to stop clones? Stop price gouging in outlandish fashion, it's almost comical the way companies in this industry are pricing their products, Hana Modz are amongst the worst offenders (and the one leading the charge with legal action, more cartoonish behavior considering their business practices). Hana charging $250 for an aluminum box with 4 wires and a chip that costs $50 RETAIL (much less when bought in bulk). So just using Hana Modz as an example, the cost of materials alone is no way more than $75 per unit, that's a mark up of almost $200.... I can build that exact box for $70 right now if I bought all the parts online, at retail prices, and it'd probably be built better.

Mech Mods costing over $200, sometimes in the $400 range? It's a metal tube, period, get over yourselves, there is very little you can do to that tube to justify prices like that, the V3 flip being one of the few that has a tangible justification for the cost as it's engraving is a substantial differentiating feature over other mech mods.

RDA's? I have a couple lathes, mills, drills, and a CNC machine in my garage, don't tell me it's justifiable to charge over $100 for a small chunk of steel, because it's not.

I bought a lot of authentic items when I first really started getting into mechs, and RDA's, and high power VW mods, but then I realized it's completely ridiculous to buy an authentic Atomic RDA for around $100 (which I did), when the clone is identical in every way, and costs 1/5th the price. You don't like logos on clones? Fine, go after the manufacturer about that, but cloning will not stop until this industry stops blatantly ripping off its customers because few people can afford to spend the kind of money being asked for these products, and these products are not offering anything special that justifies and requires the high prices (like the first iPod/iPad), or an experience that isn't easily replicated.

I appreciate the innovation many RBA and VV/VW manufacturers are providing the industry, I love how far this industry has come and I support people profiting off their creations, but there is a difference between profiting off your product and straight up robbing people, and companies have been crossing this line for far too long, can't blame anyone but yourselves for the clone epidemic, customers aren't stupid.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Reporters research. You're a gossip.

What have I reported thats false? Please enlighten me.
All my sources are vendors AT ECC.

Did I invent that video? Fake the screenshots? Lie about the clones?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The candy Joe.

They handed out CBD candy... People HAVE IT. Legal or not, it sends the wrong message. This is a vape meet - not a Cannabis meet - in any form. People bitch about kids and boobs sending the wrong message? give me a break.

Sissy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They handed out CBD candy... People HAVE IT. Legal or not, it sends the wrong message. This is a vape meet - not a Cannabis meet - in any form. People bitch about kids and boobs sending the wrong message? give me a break.

Didn't you say it wasn't legal in California? That's implying that ECC is turning a blind eye to illegal activities but coming down hard in clones. Why even post it in this thread? Cmon. Own it.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope. A Counterfeit is not determined by whether or not it is sold for too much money, or claims that it is the real deal. It's existence of being a Counterfeit remains after the sales process. It can be sold again, and again.

A Counterfeit uses designs with logos, and trade marks. Its not complicated. Clones are fine. Branding with someone else's logo, is identity theft. Is anyone confused?

If a company in China creates a line of VaperJoes hardware, says they are endorsed by Joe, uses the logos of the blog. Not a cent seen, not any agreement Would it be OK?

Wrong. Sorry, but I'm take Merriam Webster's word over your opinion.

1coun·ter·feit adjective\ˈkau̇nt-ər-ˌfit\
: made to look like an exact copy of something in order to trick people

See for yourself.... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/counterfeit

tooitchy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and one more thing to add you all s,ent roughly 1916.25 dollars on cigarettes a year but now have complaints on mod costs the real complaint you should have is with these overhyped juice makers and their piece of shit fancy premium label and glass bitch bottle.
I never spent 2000 a year on cigarettes.

Juice prices can be too high, you're right, but glass bottles are safer considering plastic has the risk of leeching/cracking. Labels tell people that at the least you're not just mixing some liquid together in a dirty garage and show some pride/brand recognition among an ocean of juice vendors, and that goes a long way when someone's shopping for juice as Five Pawns is a lot more memorable than the ten thousand brands that have a white sticker with black font stuck on a generic plastic bottle.

Yeah some brands are too expensive, but the ridiculousness of prices does not compare with the way devices are priced. There are multiple mods that easily pull in $100-150+ profit off every single unit. Don't want clones? Start pricing items realistically, I support making a profit, absolutely, but a lot of this industries pricing is absolutely classless, and they should be ashamed of how they're trying to rip off this community. It's bad enough we have the government breathing down our necks, we shouldn't have to budget a months pay for a new RDA.

allby

VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
The Akuma looks just like the many other Copper Mods to me. Even if he had originated the idea of a Copper Mod, he could not patent it, because YOU CANNOT COPYRIGHT IDEAS.
Perhaps you were referring to a small design engraved on the tube to distinguish it from all the other almost identical copper tubes? I would happily live without that particularly engraving for 1/10 the price, and have it substituted with some other engraved design (the possibilities are endless), or even a classy non-engraved tube.
At the end of the day, it is still just a tube almost identical to the others, and very similar to a flashlight tube. Everyone in America could spec their own little 'design' to be engraved on one of those tubes by a Chinese factory, or even have the tubes delivered and put them on their own engraving machine - and get a copyright on their design. It hardly adds 10x the value to a product in the real world, especially where adequate competition exists. One could find an already existing design somewhere and make minor changes to it, and that would work as well, but, again, little added value in the real world and I'd be insane to think the market would pay 10-20 times more for my engraving compared to the almost identical competition's tube.
The real problem the 'boutique' (read insanely overpriced) sector of the market faces is that the competition has caught up with them, and can produce the same product for many times less. Which design the competition engraves on their tubes is the least of the boutiquers worries. They will be buried regardless of the design or logo on the tube. They scream, whine, and complain about the engraved design, but the fact will remain they can no longer compete now that the market is maturing (relatively speaking).
The flashlight example was an analogy, just as the tube represents more than just mech mods, which are doomed, IMO, do to the rise of the regulated mods (soon to include temp).
BTW, Flashlights also used copper tubes first, as well.
And the fact is that half or more of these logo's or artworks they call logo's and designs they worry about have been taken or stolen from other company's or products

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Didn't you say it wasn't legal in California? That's implying that ECC is turning a blind eye to illegal activities but coming down hard in clones. Why even post it in this thread? Cmon. Own it.

That part was removed after I found out it was from industrial hemp. I own what i write, and corrections are made when necessary. When things are breaking fast they become fluid, its the nature of the beast. As far as it being legal or not - its still the wrong message and the majority of the community will agree. ANYTHING cannabis related is horrible press.

Sissy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That part was removed after I found out it was from industrial hemp. I own what i write, and corrections are made when necessary.

I see you removing them from Facebook now too. Thank you.

Sissy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Consider your sources: most vendors are idiots.

jessecast

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never spent 2000 a year on cigarettes.

Juice prices can be too high, you're right, but glass bottles are safer considering plastic has the risk of leeching/cracking. Labels tell people that at the least you're not just mixing some liquid together in a dirty garage and show some pride/brand recognition among an ocean of juice vendors, and that goes a long way when someone's shopping for juice as Five Pawns is a lot more memorable than the ten thousand brands that have a white sticker with black font stuck on a generic plastic bottle.

Yeah some brands are too expensive, but the ridiculousness of prices does not compare with the way devices are priced. There are multiple mods that easily pull in $100-150+ profit off every single unit. Don't want clones? Start pricing items realistically, I support making a profit, absolutely, but a lot of this industries pricing is absolutely classless, and they should be ashamed of how they're trying to rip off this community. It's bad enough we have the government breathing down our necks, we shouldn't have to budget a months pay for a new RDA.
Glass bottles pose more risk then proper plastic bottles that do not leach PET bottles which quality vendors use instead of overhyped vendors. Those fancy labels are a big no no when regulation is coming especially with the think of the kids arguments. Those glass bottles more often then not don't work a lot of the time and it only takes one time dropping it to have shards of glass and a pool of eliquid to be on the ground which in turn fuels the think of the kid arguments. Not to mention I can't carry around 5 to 10 glass bottles in my pocket no worries or even fit that but I can with pet which is a must for me I need to change flavors often.

Now you say you are okay with a profit but think they are trying to rip off the community that makes no sense as in order for them to ever have hope in making mods large scale and cost effectively it is gonna take years with small scale operations. Most mod makers have other jobs and you are only factoring in the cost of materials forgetting the fact you also have labor cost(which is time away from their family) machine costs to get one, electricity cost, basic maintenance costs, oh shit it broke costs. Taking that into consideration they aren't making much profit profit after taxes and fueling money into savings to do larger scale

Edit: how bout doing this instead of saving up to buy stuff get a jar every day you didn't buy cigs put the money you would have in that jar that is your new vape budget buy no new mods or anything unless needed to by that I mean big problem caused it to break. Only buy juice wire and wick see how much money you have left over after justca month times it by 12 and think about how much authentics cost then

Last edited:

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I think we agree entirely. The copying of the logo makes it an exact copy. Without the logo, etc, its just a clone. Just saying if a counterfeit, is given away, never sold, its still a counterfeit. If you take a picture, and it looks the same, with all the writing, engraving, everything, the brand. Its not cool. If it looks the same, except where the logos should be there is nothing, or a different brand name= Clone, and if being sold on the streets in NYC, the police could not seize them, like a fake Coach purse.

FWIW, I just bought a spare Nautilus Mini, it was a complete fake. And it was a shitty fake at that. Big name vendor too. They even had fake BVC coils.

tooitchy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glass bottles pose more risk then proper plastic bottles that do not leach PET bottles which quality vendors use instead of overhyped vendors. Those fancy labels are a big no no when regulation is coming especially with the think of the kids arguments. Those glass bottles more often then not don't work a lot of the time and it only takes one time dropping it to have shards of glass and a pool of eliquid to be on the ground which in turn fuels the think of the kid arguments. Not to mention I can't carry around 5 to 10 glass bottles in my pocket no worries or even fit that but I can with pet which is a must for me I need to change flavors often.

Now you say you are okay with a profit but think they are trying to rip off the community that makes no sense as in order for them to ever have hope in making mods large scale and cost effectively it is gonna take years with small scale operations. Most mod makers have other jobs and you are only factoring in the cost of materials forgetting the fact you also have labor cost(which is time away from their family) machine costs to get one, electricity cost, basic maintenance costs, oh shit it broke costs. Taking that into consideration they aren't making much profit profit after taxes and fueling money into savings to do larger scale

Edit: how bout doing this instead of saving up to buy stuff get a jar every day you didn't buy cigs put the money you would have in that jar that is your new vape budget buy no new mods or anything unless needed to by that I mean big problem caused it to break. Only buy juice wire and wick see how much money you have left over after justca month times it by 12 and think about how much authentics cost then
There is a difference between making a profit, and charging exorbitant prices. Think DNA mods, Hana, Vaporshark, etc. making well over $100 profit when looking at materials. I want people to profit off their creations, I don't want to pay $250 for something that costs $75 or less to make.

People can charge whatever they want, but if you overcharge (and in many cases, make your product difficult to get), don't get mad at clones and those buying/selling them. I've been ripped off one too many times from pre-order authentics when I could have just bought the clone, in stock, for like 80% less. Just not going to do that again, if I want a new cutting edge RDA and it's over $75, I'm going to buy the clone.

Last edited:

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think we agree entirely. The copying of the logo makes it an exact copy. Without the logo, etc, its just a clone. Just saying if a counterfeit, is given away, never sold, its still a counterfeit. If you take a picture, and it looks the same, with all the writing, engraving, everything, the brand. Its not cool. If it looks the same, except where the logos should be there is nothing, or a different brand name= Clone, and if being sold on the streets in NYC, the police could not seize them, like a fake Coach purse.

FWIW, I just bought a spare Nautilus Mini, it was a complete fake. And it was a shitty fake at that. Big name vendor too. They even had fake BVC coils.

Sent from my SGH-T999

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think we agree entirely. The copying of the logo makes it an exact copy. Without the logo, etc, its just a clone. Just saying if a counterfeit, is given away, never sold, its still a counterfeit. ...

Nope, I don't think we do agree. A very important aspect of identifying something as a clone is the judgement call made on motive.... the part in the definition that clearly states that the point is to deceive. No one is being deceived when a clone is sold. It's clearly identified as a clone. It's understood and priced as a clone. If an unscrupulous individual obtains said clone and tries to pass it off as an authentic, then, and only then, does that item become a counterfeit. The only thing we agree on is that clones should not be represented as authentics.

tooitchy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its hard to freeze the video, but you can do it. The complaint is about the unregistered Trademark Kryptonite Vapors. They want all the people that sold them anything with that "Mark"...they want all the records.

Here is the thing, since they took the video, and then said what they said about IJoy as a business. And then published it.

I think that iJoy has a strong case against them for liable and slander. They said everything they sold was crap and a counterfeit. Truth is a defense, but there is no way that statement is true. Was this all just to harm the reputation of a business and publish that on the internet to liable their business?

The Attorney is Tamara L. McNulty, Esq, 15333 Culver Dr Ste 340-261 Irvine, CA 92604 the address given on the letter is of the Postal Annex, store of Post boxes, located in a strip mall. Box 261

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Irvine-CA/Postal-Annex-L0111276558.htm
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/165050
not to mention screaming assault over a paper being tossed at them, while committing assault by cursing and insulting them and their business....they made themselves look REALLY bad.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not smoke pot any more but do not mind it and lumping in hemp with pot is not cool. You can not get high from hemp and it has a million good uses. We as a country should have re embraced hemp a long time ago. Hemp is to pot like ecigs are to tobacco in a way.

People need to be educated so they know what hemp is. If it was truly a hemp candy then I say more power to them. Hemp is not just some hippy thing its a viable and very versatile material that if fully legal could be used in about every facet of our lives from food to clothes and a fuck ton of other things.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After watching the video, I dont know the guys 'serving', but I want to as I will NOT be buying from them. Ever. 'Federal Offense'?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? All that looked like was harassment. Plain and simple. Could be said the guys 'serving' could see themselves on the wrong side of the law too...

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is not a hard concept, if you break the rules you get booted. Same as any FB group, movie theater, whatever.... They were asked several times to stop. You all were so happy they defied the rules. Now we are back to focusing on irrelevancy like who yelled louder. Follow the rules, no one gets yelled at.
This is not a hard concept.. The guys 'serving' ARE NOT THE ECC AUTHORITIES... Just a bunch of harassing punks.. The photo of the 'cops'?? Um, they are called 'security' and work for the center. They were called in because of a complaint. They talked. They took notes.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If a group of fat and frankly homeless looking dudes wearing jansport hobo bags walked up to me and shoved some shitty looking photo copy paper in my face and started talking shit I would tell them to fuck off to. I love vaping and a fair amount of the community but its asshole like those shitheads that ruin it for the rest of us. All they did was make themselves look like a bunch of harassing losers even if the others were in the wrong.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am actually in the process of buying a Nemesis Nemi 1:1 Clone w/o logos...will this purchase be a Federal Offense?

CouterfeitsAreTheft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude a good point was people bought and saw them (Ijoy) not passing it off an authentic but as clones and within reason of what the market supports.
what that video shows is the people putting on ECC as a bunch of spoiled basement dwelling man babies who cannot hold a phone correctly acting like complete jack offs.
Hmmm, were you there? I saw iJoy sell Manhattan clones for $180. Yes, actual Manhattan clones. For $180, saying they were authentic.

CouterfeitsAreTheft

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Legally derived or not why highlight in the vaping scene when we are all under the feddies little microscope?
Still not the time nor the place for it in a vaping convention.
You know there are no Cannabinoids in Hemp wick, right? Or do you just pretend to know what you're talking about? EVEN the federal government knows that Hemp is not what gets you high, and that's why they let people use henp in clothing again, as well as bags, etc.It's the Tetrahydrocannabinol that gets you high. Hemp is just a fiber material

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude i remember when you used clones just saying here is a cop out of your own remember when you traded me a SVD for a K101 because you broke your only mech and could not afford a new one. now i guess you could have used said svd while you saved your pennies for a new authentic mech.
So don't judge people for doing the same thing you have done your self. the K101 is a clone you know
BUSTED! HAHAHAHahahahaha

saying cbd in candy equates to a cannabis convention is like saying vaping is a tobacco convention. be prepared for vaping to be lumped in with tobacco, its the same mind set, just funny how you change ur mentality when it comes to bud. just pointing that out. both are using an extract from plant being used in various forms that have less negative effects on the body

Sissy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
K101 is not a true replica of the Empire. They stole no logos or elements of decor. It's also a 510 and not a 901.

philfish8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm buying an Anubis mod, it's not a clone,however it is manufactured in china. It is a great price, 60 bucks for both the atty AND a mod, they are even serial numbered. This is the way I think the Chinese manufactures need to go. I think ECC should have told the retailers about the clone ban more than a day before the event however.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope, I don't think we do agree. A very important aspect of identifying something as a clone is the judgement call made on motive.... the part in the definition that clearly states that the point is to deceive. No one is being deceived when a clone is sold. It's clearly identified as a clone. It's understood and priced as a clone. If an unscrupulous individual obtains said clone and tries to pass it off as an authentic, then, and only then, does that item become a counterfeit. The only thing we agree on is that clones should not be represented as authentics.
An object can not change definition just because of perception. I buy a Rolex MOD, they tell me its not the real deal. 30 bucks. So you think even though it has Rolex all over it, and it looks just like it, with logos, that its just a clone. I then walk up to my buddy, and say I just scored this Rolex MOD, I will sell it to you for 200, of course its real, shit bro, why would I sell it for just 200 if you were not my friend. Suddenly the same object, seconds later, is now a counterfeit under your definition.

If you have swipped peoples logos, and brand names, its a counterfeit. If you are a vaper, and just want to vape, buy the unbranded clone, or something like a Siegeli.

Its not so complicated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfeit_consumer_goods

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If a group of fat and frankly homeless looking dudes wearing jansport hobo bags walked up to me and shoved some shitty looking photo copy paper in my face and started talking shit I would tell them to fuck off to. I love vaping and a fair amount of the community but its asshole like those shitheads that ruin it for the rest of us. All they did was make themselves look like a bunch of harassing losers even if the others were in the wrong.

I was going to post same thing except I was going to add shitty looking beards.

VU Sponsors