Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
ecc.gif

10378144_765334720156273_6575001445243927456_n.jpg

Just got a text message from a bunch of people that ECC (The Electronic Cigarette Convention) has banned vendors from selling clones and replicas.

Pretty sad, considering replicas dominate the industry and make up the bulk of hardware sales.

Your feelings?

UPDATE 9/6: NO ONE IS LISTENING - CLONES ARE BEING SOLD

Despite the rule from The ECC gods - Vendors defy them.
Multiple reports of vendors selling clones all over the convention.

UPDATE: 9/7: SOURCE: CBD laced candy in bowls given out by "booth babes"? Wrong Message?

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny, after reading this, one would've thought that the 2nd "C" should have been an "F." :p

I thought that's what it was, then I saw the logo...eesh.

I guess we'll be seeing more of this as events try to not become VapeBlast.

Remember: regulation doesn't happen because of the many responsible people, it happens because of the one stupid person who got hurt and sued..

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
They should really call it The Good Ol' boys club convention..

Well, so much for being on the fence about going. Not going to support that decision. I could see the logic in that decision if admission was paid for by the vendors. But seeing as it's primarily a venue for people to see and buy new products, then I won't be throwing my money their way. Nothing says elite like charging people admission to a venue and then telling them what they can/can't buy.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I listened to the Vape Team Smoke Free Radio show, from Wednesday.....
What the ECC guest said, was if the original vendor was selling their products, that nobody would be able to sell Clones/Replicas of them.
Basically if you bought a booth, people will not be selling knockoffs of what you came to sell.

Slightly different take......unless they changed since Wednesday

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I listened to the Vape Team Smoke Free Radio show, from Wednesday.....
What the ECC guest said, was if the original vendor was selling their products, that nobody would be able to sell Clones/Replicas of them.
Basically if you bought a booth, people will not be selling knockoffs of what you came to sell.

Slightly different take......unless they changed since Wednesday

That makes sense, but would be terribly complicated to control.

If MOJO or HANA shows up, everyone screwed..lol

I'd bet this is CYA stuff based on some companies lawyers...hmmm...who could that be?

VarosVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well, so much for being on the fence about going. Not going to support that decision. I could see the logic in that decision if admission was paid for by the vendors. But seeing as it's primarily a venue for people to see and buy new products, then I won't be throwing my money their way. Nothing says elite like charging people admission to a venue and then telling them what they can/can't buy.

Completely agree, they are putting up a wall with this decision. Let the consumer decide for themselves.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they're a small team rolling out a few good designs per week then yeah. But if it's a big company like Innokin or some of the Philippinees then I think they've got some answering for themselves to do first.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
For me it is easy,

I won't be buying any originals unless they price them as clones.

They are free to stake out my mailbox if they don't mind the occasional Coyote or two.

Jerry

Member For 4 Years
What a pile of manure. The West Coast was supposed to represent the cutting edge of vape culture.
Trying to impose their effete snobbism on others is not very different from the regulations governments want to impose upon vapers.
I would never support anything associated with ECC.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Maybe there should be a "clone only convention". People will come wanting to spend money!! Not sure I like the acronym tho

Im down with that...

Nerva666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
whelp, vendors just raping new people, i guess this will be the death to the ignorant ecc. seems they forgot that we started this to get off cigarettes and help others. considering when i went to the one in Mass. it was quiet. and there was nothing i needed. fuck ecc, clones ftw

Reactions: eso

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DeceptiClones ATTTACK! ;-)

qZsR6VW.jpg

Rudebwoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think thats good they banned clones they are counterfiet products and they are stealing money from hardworking mod makers. Plz dont say price and complaining that they cost too much because in fact mods are a luxury if you cant afford it just save up i hate the fact that people complain that they are too expensive save up or make better career choices. #TeamAuthentic4Life

They should really call it The Good Ol' boys club convention..
Careful, Joe. You are part of "The Good Ol' boys club" with a different agenda. I admire the concept of letting the designers and manufacturers of the ORIGINAL equipment get credit and compensation for their hard work. Earning a living by pimping for the people that take the shortcut in getting goods to market doesn't really give you an impartial perspective. As it stands, it will be a difficult policy to enforce at a convention and needs to be an issue dealt with in the "day to day" market place. I want to be able to afford new toys, but new things can be made in China that are not trying to pass themselves off as the originals. I am sure that the new blog "Vapor Jose's - Daily Vaping Deals" would be met with a tad of frustration and resentment.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I think thats good they banned clones they are counterfiet products and they are stealing money from hardworking mod makers. Plz dont say price and complaining that they cost too much because in fact mods are a luxury if you cant afford it just save up i hate the fact that people complain that they are too expensive save up or make better career choices. #TeamAuthentic4Life

Unfortunately many of the mod makers are also working with China. Making money on both sides....
A lot of Authentics are made in china too.. how do you think they get cloned BEFORE they hit the market? Magic?

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if vendors were made aware of that ruling BEFORE or AFTER they paid astronomical fees for their booths.

VU Sponsors