Become a Patron!

Are We (Vapers & The Vendors We Support) Really this Fucking Stupid??

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate that. There may be truth in wine but there sure aren't any flood gates either; what comes out may not be cohesive![/QUOT
Big tobacco will find a way to manipulate everyone's complaints into something that they can benefit from due to the pending overregulation that we all know will come sooner or later. We've put a massive hit on big tobacco and they still can't get their little cigalikes to really take off. Since they can't do that, and big pharma is feeling effects already of vapers not needing medical attention due to smoking, they will find any reason to make vaping seem like its the worst thing in the world so it becomes so overregulated that it's not even worth having a b&m. They can't control the internet so there will always be ways for us to get what we want, but it'll put a huge hit on vaping's progress at wiping out big tobacco.

Mind you, I have absolutely no problem with the smaller tobacco companies who aren't mass producing insanely addictive, poisonous cancer sticks. There are a lot of different cigars that aren't loaded with big tobacco's poison cocktail, and even companies like Natural American Spirit, who I'd consider a smallish-medium sized manufacturer of a tobacco cig that is additive free. Smoking has been around for thousands of years, it's a 'tradition' of humanity... however, big tobacco can disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

I know I'm off on every tangent there is, but I think that this 'marketing to kids' whining and bitching is purely that and nothing more - people with nothing better to do than nitpick at the \very thing that may have saved their lives. Why can't you appreciate the fact that the industry has gone in a direction that attracts and converts even the most dedicated stinky suckers? why cant you appreciate the fact that teens in school who started regularly smoking poison sticks have tried vaping and fully converted to it? It's my own personal opinion that if a teen "kid" is going to inhale nicotine, I'd much rather them consume it via a vapor device rather than kill themselves with big tobacco's death sticks. To further prove my point regarding how our flavors are marketed - there were statistics released recently that said the number of teen smokers of school ages are very rapidly decreasing. An interview was done in one school where teens were observed vaping. These kids told the interviewers that they smoked regular cigs but they tried vaping and fully switched over to it because its the cool thing to do now, because they didn't want to stink, and because it doesn't have the negative effects on your health nearly as much as cigarettes. Some of these students were just your normal everyday kids, others were into sports and didn't want their performance to be affected by cigarettes anymore, and even others vape because girls didn't like their smokeless tobacco.

So tell me, are we really so wrong for having such awesome fucking flavors? Should we really give a shit if there's a cute little rabbit and rainbows on a bottle of trix flavored juice? Besides, who's the ignorant asshole who decided that the age of 18 is okay to buy guns, go to war, and legally purchase death sticks containing up to 7000 chemicals, but can't drink alcohol until 21? What's so special about the age of 18? Why not 15, 16, or 17? It's 2015, society has changed, people's parenting and discipline skills fucking suck by a vast majority, people of our own population, some of whom cannot help their situation, and even veterans are living in streets and suffering from medical conditions because they can't get into doctors and hospitals soon enough, yet we are nitpicking over a juice label. Embarrassing and pathetic.

Unfortunately the masses are one level above cattle, their stupidity allows the elite to manipulate their lizard brain's rage reflexes as easily as dialing the radio...to appeal to their reason and logic is futile they don't possses them....they ENJOY their slavery they are gratefull slaves they thank bigg daddy for looking out for their childeren....at least until they get old enough for big daddy to send them to big daddys war.That being said the douchebags who go around with these kiddy labels know exactlly what they are doing...madison avenue has proven that.....these guys are in fact targeting kids..not 18 year old kids, they are targeting 14,15, year old kids.....and they should be called out for it.....because as much as we may not like it the political class will use it as fodder against us and the masses will start moooooooing about their poor little calves.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately the masses are one level above cattle, their stupidity allows the elite to manipulate their lizard brain's rage reflexes as easily as dialing the radio...to appeal to their reason and logic is futile they don't possses them....they ENJOY their slavery they are gratefull slaves they thank bigg daddy for looking out for their childeren....at least until they get old enough for big daddy to send them to big daddys war.That being said the douchebags who go around with these kiddy labels know exactlly what they are doing...madison avenue has proven that.....these guys are in fact targeting kids..not 18 year old kids, they are targeting 14,15, year old kids.....and they should be called out for it.....because as much as we may not like it the political class will use it as fodder against us and the masses will start moooooooing about their poor little calves.

Speaking of marketing to children, did you know that while you can't get candy cigarettes anymore you can still get that "big league chew" which is bubble gum chew, marketed like a tobacco chew basically.

The problem is it doesn't matter who you are targeting it only matters when someone complains, then you have to fix it.

Thankfully since vape is pretty harmless there isn't a lot of restitution needed.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is America...right and wrong, legal and illegal, constitutional and unconsitutional are totally irrelevant...what matters is who has the most money, and who controls the propoganda machine called "The Press" and what direction the press can manipulate the stupid to believe....There is one law for us and no law for the rich and politically powerfull. so pointing fingers at the illogical,caprcious, and hypocritical enforcement of justice is pointless.......yes the Girl Scouts could sell rat poison and be fine,whereas all vapers are going to be held to account for any,any,any abuses comitted by anyone in the industry.....This is America 2015

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
"THEY ARE MARKETING DIRECTLY TO CHILDREN!!! "

A DOZEN DEMOCRAT SENATORS, THE CDC & FDA SAY

"WE ARE NOT MARKETING TO KIDS!!! "

VAPERS & VENDORS SAY

THEN I SEE SHIT LIKE THIS - 5150 (We Are Cutting Our Own Throats Here)

View attachment 21324 View attachment 21325 View attachment 21326 View attachment 21327 View attachment 21329 View attachment 21330 View attachment 21332

View attachment 21328
View attachment 21331
It's a "pop culture" thing...Most kids have never seen a milk man or know Inspector Clouseau shown in one of them pics..Well that's who it looks like to me ...All this reminds me back in the old rave days when some techno tunes had kid show themes to them..it's people who don't understand "pop culture" that think it's just aimed for kids

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's a "pop culture" thing...Most kids have never seen a milk man or know Inspector Clouseau shown in one of them pics..Well that's who it looks like to me ...All this reminds me back in the old rave days when some techno tunes had kid show themes to them..it's people who don't understand "pop culture" that think it's just aimed for kids

I think that they are grasping at straws.
Straws is all they have left to grasp at.
The science sure as hell isn't in their favor.
What happens when government wants to take away (or severely regulate and tax) freedoms without any good excuse whatsoever?
They pull the 'What about the Children' Card.
I just don't think we need to give them really easy straws to grasp at.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They will ignore or even discredit or villify any science that doesn't conform to their propoganda....you a researcher at a university, and you don't support a ban on vaping.....your funding will get pulled
Look at the whole global warming scam....any scientist who doesn't pull the party line is defunded, and villified....while psudeo sience is pushed by such learned scientists as the. Pope...and we all know how it went down for Galilleo.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST.
GET TO KNOW IT - 5150

I am so fucking glad that when I started to vape over 4 years ago I drowned myself with information. Thankfully I can make mods from anything, make my own flavored juices and am capable of extraction (all bet not the best nicotine) of tobacco. Seems like the men that Mrs Fucking Boxer did shit but put up money to start making money in this market. The dumb fucks must have thought it was going to be FUN to be at that table. Fucking morons comment as to the new flavors coming out that were made for adults like "single malt" really? When he said that shit I knew that we are fucked. And if it could I would bitch slap the mf who thought it would be smart to use Papa fucking smurf for advertising. I am an adult and need nothing more on my bottles than the name of the juice flavor, strength, ratio of pg/vg and a date. We're fucked at this point.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am so fucking glad that when I started to vape over 4 years ago I drowned myself with information. Thankfully I can make mods from anything, make my own flavored juices and am capable of extraction (all bet not the best nicotine) of tobacco. Seems like the men that Mrs Fucking Boxer did shit but put up money to start making money in this market. The dumb fucks must have thought it was going to be FUN to be at that table. Fucking morons comment as to the new flavors coming out that were made for adults like "single malt" really? When he said that shit I knew that we are fucked. And if it could I would bitch slap the mf who thought it would be smart to use Papa fucking smurf for advertising. I am an adult and need nothing more on my bottles than the name of the juice flavor, strength, ratio of pg/vg and a date. We're fucked at this point.

by adult flavor he clearly meant over 21, because it is an alcohol flavor.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I will say that personally I have struggled with naming things.

I've got a flavor a always refered to as "Peter rabbit" but we've never put it on the website because I was concerned about it.

I disagree with the assessment that cotton candy doesn't appeal to adults too, I love cotton candy

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of marketing to children, did you know that while you can't get candy cigarettes anymore you can still get that "big league chew" which is bubble gum chew, marketed like a tobacco chew basically.

The problem is it doesn't matter who you are targeting it only matters when someone complains, then you have to fix it.

Thankfully since vape is pretty harmless there isn't a lot of restitution needed.
Also can buy ground up beef jerky packaged in a round container similar to smokeless tobacco's ! Another marketing tactic targeted towards children ! It shouldn't be !

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For Christ sakes we have highgrade pot being packaged as fucking candy,kids have even got into it and got messed up.....but smokers oh we are a different breed.....a little kid get's messed up on pot candy,and it's OK because people that use pot are "good" people they are liberal, enlightened,open minded,peace loving, evolved....where as smokers are dirty,rough,stupid,provencial,uneducated,knuckledraggers throwbacks who continue to kill themselves despite the science....they should just stop using nicotine......what ever we do,no matter who we are as people... that is the image we are up against.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I've got a flavor a always refered to as "Peter rabbit" but we've never put it on the website because I was concerned about it.

I disagree with the assessment that cotton candy doesn't appeal to adults too, I love cotton candy
Ravi Brounstein this next bit I am not being an ass to you with my reply only discusted. By adult flavors he left the fucking front, back, side doors open to the other flavors were for kids implied or not because I have not seen any concerns for the animal kingdom. I am no genius by any measure but I am up far enough on the I.Q. scale to have seen that coming and he didn't even TRY to explain. Maybe that was the point now that I think about it. Guys in the waiting room chatting before the meeting. "What do you say we kinda lay down for this and let them destroy the independents as we have big tobacco floating our ass and let the chips fall where they may? What say you boys in or out?"

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also can buy ground up beef jerky packaged in a round container similar to smokeless tobacco's ! Another marketing tactic targeted towards children ! It shouldn't be !
Let's take it another step, how about all of the flavored beer and liquor? What kids don't like that? Or is that what all these scum are drinking before making decisions that will effect all of us slim ball vapors? It would do no good for me to get sick, go to the Dr. And be told Mr.N, you have about 6 months of life left. Don't no one worry, not going to a school or theatre. Damn I better watch what I say, someone may think that I was threatening to do harm to someone.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You should not have to worry about the name of a flavor. Damn, no you should not. I guess stinking tobacco or shit flavor is the only 2 flavors allowed to be sold when the FDA pushes it in us dry with the force of the government holding our hips so we can't even move except backwards to feel the full effect of the FDA giving us the love.

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't like walking on egg shells but if I have to , to keep mine and your right to vape I will . I also dislike Politically correctness , I will go to far lengths to Protect our right to vape !

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For Christ sakes we have highgrade pot being packaged as fucking candy,kids have even got into it and got messed up.....but smokers oh we are a different breed.....a little kid get's messed up on pot candy,and it's OK because people that use pot are "good" people they are liberal, enlightened,open minded,peace loving, evolved....where as smokers are dirty,rough,stupid,provencial,uneducated,knuckledraggers throwbacks who continue to kill themselves despite the science....they should just stop using nicotine......what ever we do,no matter who we are as people... that is the image we are up against.
Exactly.

Here you go, folks, YOU EARNED THIS:

Communist_ELiquid_Label.png

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think that they are grasping at straws.
Straws is all they have left to grasp at.
The science sure as hell isn't in their favor.
What happens when government wants to take away (or severely regulate and tax) freedoms without any good excuse whatsoever?
They pull the 'What about the Children' Card.
I just don't think we need to give them really easy straws to grasp at.
Given that argument, I think we need to eliminate government.

Barring that miraculous achievement, at least draw a line in the sand and say "no more".

How about I don't give two shits if you get but hurt because there is "captain crunch" juice in A STORE THAT IS RESTRICTED TO ADULTS.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the old rave days... good times. Traveling up and down from Maine to Maryland from shitty night clubs to warehouses. What a blast!
If you dig through some of your old flyers, you just might find my name on a few of them.

Original NY Underground. Those were the days!

PLUR!

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay Imma just quit reading, I am at that age where I went from "I dont think I should say that" to "what the hell lets see what fucking happens here".....there is no way in hell I would go back to tobacco flavors, its too much like cigs now. Dont get me wrong I still review tobacco flavors and occoasionally will ask someone for a hit of their turkish tobacco or what not.

Also whos fucking job is it to say that once I am an adult I quit liking chocolate covered strawberries, cordial cherries, cap'n crunch berries etc. Did you know Ted Cruz and Rick Perry BOTH attended a vape event in Houston and Dallas few years back? No proof of it but a b&m owner I know said Ted Cruz was vaping 0MG Nic reeces peanut butter cup and Rick perry was trying out custards. Of course these guys dont get donations from big tobacco cocksuckers.

As many may know UT Southwest-Saint Paul hospital is a high ass rated cancer center and Baylor Medical Center Of Dallas is high ranked in respitory health. Both released a article togather that vaping is 300,655 times healthier than smoking and in some cases have helped those with respiratory problems do to it mimicking a inhaled breathing treatment. I been searching for it for few hrs now but cant. Maybe we should start a modern myth.......when someone asks you why do you vape just say "The goverment releases certian gasses and poisons in the air every day, increasing the amount slowly to be able to control us and prevent us from ever rebelling. Vape companies add a chemical to make liquids taste better thats a natural antidote to it, thats why uncle sam hates it"

As for the naming and packaging, QUIT MAKING THE SHIT LOOK LIKE CANDY OR A TOY!!! Lord Of The Rings mod? Cool! bear mod? Cool! Transformer mods? Cool! fucking pez despinser panda lookin mod? WTF! I am all down with cool, evil looking mods and labeling but gotta draw the line somewhere. Also, WHEN THE FUCK DID BIG GOV QUIT CARING ABOUT UNDERAGE DRINKING? Hot slutty bitches advertising booze is more likely to sway a kid to swipe a beer off dad than a cartoony milk delivery guy is to vape.

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay Imma just quit reading, I am at that age where I went from "I dont think I should say that" to "what the hell lets see what fucking happens here".....there is no way in hell I would go back to tobacco flavors, its too much like cigs now. Dont get me wrong I still review tobacco flavors and occoasionally will ask someone for a hit of their turkish tobacco or what not.

Also whos fucking job is it to say that once I am an adult I quit liking chocolate covered strawberries, cordial cherries, cap'n crunch berries etc. Did you know Ted Cruz and Rick Perry BOTH attended a vape event in Houston and Dallas few years back? No proof of it but a b&m owner I know said Ted Cruz was vaping 0MG Nic reeces peanut butter cup and Rick perry was trying out custards. Of course these guys dont get donations from big tobacco cocksuckers.

As many may know UT Southwest-Saint Paul hospital is a high ass rated cancer center and Baylor Medical Center Of Dallas is high ranked in respitory health. Both released a article togather that vaping is 300,655 times healthier than smoking and in some cases have helped those with respiratory problems do to it mimicking a inhaled breathing treatment. I been searching for it for few hrs now but cant. Maybe we should start a modern myth.......when someone asks you why do you vape just say "The goverment releases certian gasses and poisons in the air every day, increasing the amount slowly to be able to control us and prevent us from ever rebelling. Vape companies add a chemical to make liquids taste better thats a natural antidote to it, thats why uncle sam hates it"

As for the naming and packaging, QUIT MAKING THE SHIT LOOK LIKE CANDY OR A TOY!!! Lord Of The Rings mod? Cool! bear mod? Cool! Transformer mods? Cool! fucking pez despinser panda lookin mod? WTF! I am all down with cool, evil looking mods and labeling but gotta draw the line somewhere. Also, WHEN THE FUCK DID BIG GOV QUIT CARING ABOUT UNDERAGE DRINKING? Hot slutty bitches advertising booze is more likely to sway a kid to swipe a beer off dad than a cartoony milk delivery guy is to vape.
I agree with your post It's time for vapors to unite and bring to light the Facts Vaping is not harmful . Like you said large companies that are causing the real pollution are paying Washington Robots/puppets big bucks to get away with their polluting habits that endanger the whole human population ! Not to mention animals as well .Good post ! If I knew the statistics which I don't but willing to bet the farm that since vaping has become more and more popular THE FAT CAT tobacco companies profits are and will continue to decline because people want a safer alternative " VAPING"

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I agree with you on each and every point. Yes, it would appear that being grown men and women that we should not want to taste anything other than shit flavor with a hint of brake fluid. May as well ban anything else that adults enjoy the flavor of because children will want to do what adults do. As for you parents, don't bother with teaching your kids right from wrong or instill respect in them because it appears that the government has that covered. BTW, as a side note you will be held responsible for their actions that they do even with the best raising the government forces you to do.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok...I'm REALLY not trying to troll...but is anybody else amused at what a circle jerk this thread is? It's a PERFECT example of WHY we are gonna get "F'd in the A" by the FDA. You guys are concentrating on one issue that you absolutely have NO control over. Now it's degenerated to deflecting and saying "screw those little Girl Scout bitches!" LMAO Come on...that's FUNNY. Those poor little girls have nothing to do with this! Nevermind the fact that Thint Mints are still DELICIOUS (and a vape flavor that I also quite enjoy thanks to HIC..LOL) Who, of all of you guys that are SO outraged because this is what's really gonna take us down, has taken the time to call at least one of these vendors and express your outrage to them? I mean you can rage at me all you want about it here, but I can't do anything. I don't run the company. If you're serious about affecting positive change, what are you doing in real life to make that happen other than bitching on a message board. I mean yeah, you're right in what you are saying, but we already all agree with you. Preaching to the choir. So now what?
I dont think its the flavors as much as packaging. These 2 liquids I would streak through big tobacco officespunching
I agree with your post It's time for vapors to unite and bring to light the Facts Vaping is not harmful . Like you said large companies that are causing the real pollution are paying Washington Robots/puppets big bucks to get away with their polluting habits that endanger the whole human population ! Not to mention animals as well .Good post ! If I knew the statistics which I don't but willing to bet the farm that since vaping has become more and more popular THE FAT CAT tobacco companies profits are and will continue to decline because people want a safer alternative " VAPING"
Its already been proven big tobacco has taken a HUUUUUGE finanical hit,hence why newport bought blu out and marlboro tried the mark 10. You dont hear about gov targeting liquor companies for names like Bahama Mamma, strawberry daquiri, straw-Beer- ritas, etc. You know why? Its those companies that are bribing them. Bet if they came out with some new way to get drunk without touching alcohol it would be the same shit. Vaping is here to stay. I will post a email from ted cruzs office shortly. He is SOOOOOO PROVAPE its crazy.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Here are the two labels of those liquids I couldnt get to upload last night. Neither 2 are cartoony but very alluring to sosphisticated, mature people. CAM00191.jpgCAM00188.jpg

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here are the two labels of those liquids I couldnt get to upload last night. Neither 2 are cartoony but very alluring to sosphisticated, mature people. View attachment 26007View attachment 26008
What you say as alluring to sophisticated or mature people, the FDA and the grinders behind the scenes (BT & Bpharm) pushing the buttons that is trying with much money and might to get money out of this industry all for themselves. Hell I wish I had a government agency doing the leg work pushing all competition to the side while I have to have a front end loader to put the cash that is going to be made in the banks. But in the meantime, we are going to have to get used to paying 3 times the amount we were paying for some great juices that will now come in 3 flavors of shit. 3 different levels of nicotine. They will come in a black bottle (to keep the kids prying eyes from seeing the contents) with white letters with multiple warnings explaining that since no one can say one way or another how bad vape juice is to our health. They are going to continue to say there have not been enough studies validating what we the vapors KNOW IS A LESS HARMFUL PRODUCT as opposed to cigarette's known HARMFUL effects. So, ladies and gentlemen may I bag up the two 30 dollar each of one 10 ml bottle with 6nic of light flavor shit and one 10 ml bottle of full on heavy shit taste of 18 nic for you?

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What you say as alluring to sophisticated or mature people, the FDA and the grinders behind the scenes (BT & Bpharm) pushing the but. tons that is trying with much money and might to get money out of this industry all for themselves. Hell I wish I had a government agency doing the leg work pushing all competition to the side while I have to have a front end loader to put the cash that is going to be made in the banks. But in the meantime, we are going to have to get used to paying 3 times the amount we were paying for some great juices that will now come in 3 flavors of shit. 3 different levels of nicotine. They will come in a black bottle (to keep the kids prying eyes from seeing the contents) with white letters with multiple warnings explaining that since no one can say one way or another how bad vape juice is to our health. They are going to continue to say there have not been enough studies validating what we the vapors KNOW IS A LESS HARMFUL PRODUCT as opposed to cigarette's known HARMFUL effects. So, ladies and gentlemen may I bag up the two 30 dollar each of one 10 ml bottle with 6nic of light flavor shit and one 10 ml bottle of full on heavy shit taste of 18 nic for you?
Can always argue marlboro, newport, camel etc have a similar marketing platform with their packaging and whole world knows big tob actually adds poisonous chemicals to cigs purposly heightening the addictive nature. Nicotine is now being used to treat depression, as a diet drug etc. Nicotine has only one bad side effect addiction. There is medical proof of the benefits of nicotine extract. PLUS 99% of liquid nic makers extract it from vegetables NOT TOBACCO. Dunno WTF FDA is discussing tobacco for anyways, thats the ATFs area. Technically they cant rule it as tobacco products and still put statutes on it at all. CDC also has no say so over it as vaping has never led to any diseases. Funny how the exact politicians pushing all this is the EXACT ones that said long ago tobacco was safe and contained nothing dangerous......now tell me someone isnt getting some pockets stuffed.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Email from ted cruzs office

Thank you for contacting the Office of Senator Ted Cruz. We are proud to represent the Lone Star State and appreciate hearing from you.

Your request will be processed as quickly as possible, but should you require more immediate assistance, please feel free to call either our office in Austin, TX, (512) 916-5834 or Washington, D.C., (202) 224-5922.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny how the exact politicians pushing all this is the EXACT ones that said long ago tobacco was safe and contained nothing dangerous......now tell me someone isnt getting some pockets stuffed.
But that was waaaay back when, 9 out 10 Doctors chose Lucky Strike unfiltered over the next leading brand.....and just after the medical industry thought that cigarette's were good for you.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There were supreme court justices, senators and congressmen even into the early 90s saying there wasnt any real proof cigarettes were bad for ya. I still wanna know how a non tobacco or tobacco related product can be classified as one. It essentially would be calling grape juice wine by the same standards. Just because they contain a similar substance doesnt make them the same.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
But that was waaaay back when, 9 out 10 Doctors chose Lucky Strike unfiltered over the next leading brand.....and just after the medical industry thought that cigarette's were good for you.
Nicotine has been proved to have tons of health benefits but is addictive. Thing is, vaping being classified as a tobacco product takes it away from the FDA control and puts it into the ATFs. We all see how strict they are with tobacco and alcohol companies. FDA needs to label it as a medical device that disperses a OTC drug so it can be monitored, watched, regulated for quality, purity etc. The main problem is no one knows how to truly classify, regulate, etc vaping and all thats related. Its new, not understood and unfamiliar. All things that scares the shit out of politicians. They think if they cannot control something they will lose total control of everything.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nicotine has been proved to have tons of health benefits but is addictive. Thing is, vaping being classified as a tobacco product takes it away from the FDA control and puts it into the ATFs. We all see how strict they are with tobacco and alcohol companies. FDA needs to label it as a medical device that disperses a OTC drug so it can be monitored, watched, regulated for quality, purity etc. The main problem is no one knows how to truly classify, regulate, etc vaping and all thats related. Its new, not understood and unfamiliar. All things that scares the shit out of politicians. They think if they cannot control something they will lose total control of everything.
Govt passed a bill awhile back that gives the FDA authority over tobacco, which is fucking nuts. Now, tobacco is essentially an FDA approved product. What the fuck?? Because of that, if vaping is classified as tobacco it gives FDA control over it.

Sent from my Z970

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Essentially they have it either way then as nicotine is classified as a drug. Good and bad news is IF Ted Cruz makes president he will be more laxed in this field as he truly believes in it BUT we gotta hope this gradfather thing happens or the subject is back burnered long enough for current admin to be booted.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ducky, all good points that a lot of smart people have been screaming about for a very long time. It's not about vaping being the devil. It's about TAX DOLLARS. It's about CONTROL. It's about protecting large campaign contributors (big tobacco/big pharma). If people aren't smoking and a large portion of smoking related illness goes away, do you have ANY idea what kind of hit the medical community takes? They will NEVER stand for that. People need to stop operating from this naive perspective that "if we could only make them understand us..." They don't care about understanding us. Tax dollars and protecting their buddies. The rest is all just smoke/mirrors/excuses...oh and of course saving the children...lol Are there some good politicians who don't play that game? Sure there are. But not nearly enough.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Shit bro, you are preaching to the choir. What makes one aspect of this ludicrous as it is and was (or seems to be to me) I didn't need a warning label attached to a pack of cigarettes informing me that the product inside was bad for you. I was able to come to that conclusion before they had to start inserting those little pictures of the effects of smoking all by myself. And by the same measure, was able to conclude that vaping was better than smoking by the same measure of thought. Granted, it is about the MONEY. It's not about if the product is safe to use. If so the government would have banned smoking and growing tobacco, they can look at the little insert that is on the packs of cigarettes. Now that sounds too simple to me, why would the government really give two shits about the health of smokers when its a cash cow. But if you look, it is not a cash cow if you step back and look at the health care industry as a part of the effects of smoking.

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell in N.C. all liquor stores are own and operated by the STATE (A.L.E.) If I wanted to open up a liquor store privately I couldn't ! Sounds like $$$ to me . Just let us vape and no more RED tape !!! Just pull up State of N.C. Who owns Liquor stores . And who ever heard of a liquor store not making profits , Well guess with all the corruption in N.C. it's true !

Last edited:

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hell in N.C. all liquor stores are own and operated by the STATE (A.L.E.) If I wanted to open up a liquor store privately I couldn't ! Sounds like $$$ to me . Just let us vape and no more RED tape !!!
As sounds to most people with ears hear.... It's about trying control the money period. Just the question remains, how do they split the take across multiple interest involved at the time it is enacted?

My guess It will be BT subs and those who have enough capital to be able to get your product in line with FDA, put your money on B Pharmaceutical companys that do test that the product be determined to qualify as a tobaccb cessation device to sell.

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As sounds to most people with ears hear.... It's about trying control the money period. Just the question remains, how do they split the take across multiple interest involved at the time it is enacted?

My guess It will be BT subs and those who have enough capital to be able to get your product in line with FDA, put your money on B Pharmaceutical companys that do test that the product be determined to qualify as a tobaccb cessation device to sell.[/QUO[/QUOT
The state of Arkansas has fallen recently !

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The state of Arkansas has fallen recently !
Like you said state.... When the FDA comes, not askig shit but telling Ak and the rest of the states and territory covered by our gubment. They are going to invade the industry. It is on paper. MSA payments have shrank to the point that the gubment is going to get there's and some for their buddies.

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Domino effect is in action ! have written letters to Congressmen and Senators honestly I don't predict it to make a difference but I know that I tried !

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hell in N.C. all liquor stores are own and operated by the STATE (A.L.E.) If I wanted to open up a liquor store privately I couldn't ! Sounds like $$$ to me . Just let us vape and no more RED tape !!! Just pull up State of N.C. Who owns Liquor stores . And who ever heard of a liquor store not making profits , Well guess with all the corruption in N.C. it's true !
Technically its illegal for goverment to own a private sector businesses. As far as what @Chuck H. said, elections are coming up so they will be walking on eggshells for now. Remember, Ted Cruz has attended vaping events here in TX as has Rick Perry and both have expressed their fondness of vaping.

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Technically its illegal for goverment to own a private sector businesses. As far as what @Chuck H. said, elections are coming up so they will be walking on eggshells for now. Remember, Ted Cruz has attended vaping events here in TX as has Rick Perry and both have expressed their fondness of vaping.
For some reason or another I believe that same law is in existence in Alabama as well. But for some reason or another alcohol is run by the state but a person is permitted if you can afford the permits and other requirements. Think about this, the government has his hands in everything that generates money. Some area's more than others but gas, oil, food, tobacco, meds, service industry.....you name it. You only hear about the big stuff but money that moves gets government hands run through it. So for some of us will be safe, as for others that think this is going to blow over. You will know me, I will be the one vaping for cents on the dollars.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adults don't like fruit flavors!?!?! I have been making fruit flavored prime time juice for months now! awesome flavors!

j1969n

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Adults don't like fruit flavors!?!?! I have been making fruit flavored prime time juice for months now! awesome flavors!
Oh we adults like juice that tastes great, the problem is that kids like things that taste great too so in order for the FDA to feel like they are protecting kids we are going to have to vape dog shit flavor 70/30 12 nic. Start licking your lips and acquire the taste of dog shit. Adults acquire taste for dog shit more easily than kids. So if you don't diy and have the products that you need, you are going to love the new flavor.

MySaladDays

Member For 4 Years
elections are coming up so they will be walking on eggshells for now. Remember, Ted Cruz has attended vaping events here in TX as has Rick Perry and both have expressed their fondness of vaping.

The Bill that passed in AR (a red state) was written by 2 Republicans.........and then passed pretty quickly.

Other places where most draconian laws being passed are Indiana, North Carolina.......both Red states.

I feel that anyone trying to "tied up" this issue based on poltiical parties is making a rather grave errror. There are too many bills and laws awaiting in states that show this.

I also can't be a one issue voter, so it's just not that simple for me anyway.

Last edited:

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Bill that passed in AR (a red state) was written by 2 Republicans.........and then passed pretty quickly.

Other places where most draconian laws being passed are Indiana, North Carolina.......both Red states.

I feel that anyone trying to "tied up" this issue based on poltiical parties is making a rather grave errror. There are too many bills and laws awaiting in states that show this.

I also can't be a one issue voter, so it's just not that simple for me anyway.
Very True !!!

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's hard to beat good quality shine ! DIY
Problem is, from the rumors I am hearing, liquid nicotine is going to be taxed VERY HEAVILY or outlawed all together unless you have a license like big tobacco has, very soon after the current bills are possibly passed. I personally am currently weaning myself off the nicotine now. Down to a 3 @ 44w now until I can get of the stuff. IF I could afford it, I would be bailing on America and going somewhere that hasn't become a backwards thinking, corrupt and greedy country who could care less about it's citizens, their freedoms or health in the name of a taxable, controllable dollar.

Ravi Brounstein

Herbal Dude
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As a company making e-liquid I can tell you that I'm fine with a tax on nicotine.

Of the ingredients that should be controlled nicotine is the big one. The variation in quality and testing is scary.

If the ingredients meet the standards and are taxed appropriately it won't disrupt the current vape culture aside from to adjust prices. It won't stifle innovation or competition.

Let be real, all addictive substances in the US are taxed, as is the case in any puritanical country. Always a sin tax on any addictive products.

Keep in mind a tax also means the government is less likely to meddle, they just want their piece of the action.

I should also mention nicotine is already more expensive than most of our flavors for good quality nicotine, with legit COA and testing, nitrogen sealed.

VU Sponsors