Become a Patron!

Are We (Vapers & The Vendors We Support) Really this Fucking Stupid??

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
As a company making e-liquid I can tell you that I'm fine with a tax on nicotine.

Of the ingredients that should be controlled nicotine is the big one. The variation in quality and testing is scary.

If the ingredients meet the standards and are taxed appropriately it won't disrupt the current vape culture aside from to adjust prices. It won't stifle innovation or competition.

Let be real, all addictive substances in the US are taxed, as is the case in any puritanical country. Always a sin tax on any addictive products.

Keep in mind a tax also means the government is less likely to meddle, they just want their piece of the action.

I should also mention nicotine is already more expensive than most of our flavors for good quality nicotine, with legit COA and testing, nitrogen sealed.
Exactly my point, a lot of DIY guys are gonna be hit with these taxes and fees that are outrageous to someone not in the business.

Another problem is, it will bankrupt quite a bit, and keep many others from getting into the ring. So far this year 3 of my top 5 favorite companies have gone under, or are closing now because of new laws and restrictions not to mention a couple guys that insurance cancelled and another had a loan defaulted early because vaping became a "high risk business"

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a company making e-liquid I can tell you that I'm fine with a tax on nicotine.

Of the ingredients that should be controlled nicotine is the big one. The variation in quality and testing is scary.

If the ingredients meet the standards and are taxed appropriately it won't disrupt the current vape culture aside from to adjust prices. It won't stifle innovation or competition.

Let be real, all addictive substances in the US are taxed, as is the case in any puritanical country. Always a sin tax on any addictive products.

Keep in mind a tax also means the government is less likely to meddle, they just want their piece of the action.

I should also mention nicotine is already more expensive than most of our flavors for good quality nicotine, with legit COA and testing, nitrogen sealed.
I've been down to zero for some time now , I don't crave nicotine at all and my liquid seems to taste better !

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been down to zero for some time now , I don't crave nicotine at all and my liquid seems to taste better !
Some do and some dont I have seen. When I actually buy, I get one with like a 3 and another like a 0. Then compare the two. A liquid made by a good company will have no flavor difference, might he different strength of flavors but shouldnt be by much.

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some do and some dont I have seen. When I actually buy, I get one with like a 3 and another like a 0. Then compare the two. A liquid made by a good company will have no flavor difference, might he different strength of flavors but shouldnt be by much.
Nicotine dulls your taste buds ! Take away the nicotine and one's taste buds are enhanced no doubt ! You for sure can't tell much difference between zero and 3 , however test / compare 0 to 24 or 36 and you can tell a difference !

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nicotine dulls your taste buds ! Take away the nicotine and one's taste buds are enhanced no doubt ! You for sure can't tell much difference between zero and 3 , however test / compare 0 to 24 or 36 and you can tell a difference !
I used to vape a 30. At the wattage and the low ohms I vape at now, a 20 would burn like napalm in my mouth. For instance, a family member I have bought a 8. They didnt know they been vaping a 18. I went ahead and upped the nic for them. Like a idiot I dripped it before I upped it and again after. OMG MY LUNGS CRIED WHY WHY WHY for like 2 hours. Every breath was like lava til it finally faded. Granted it was 175w and a 0.11 ohm setup

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to vape a 30. At the wattage and the low ohms I vape at now, a 20 would burn like napalm in my mouth. For instance, a family member I have bought a 8. They didnt know they been vaping a 18. I went ahead and upped the nic for them. Like a idiot I dripped it before I upped it and again after. OMG MY LUNGS CRIED WHY WHY WHY for like 2 hours. Every breath was like lava til it finally faded. Granted it was 175w and a 0.11 ohm setup
Oh My !!!!! When I first started vaping 4 yrs. ago I had to have 36 nic. and I stepped it down slowly, finally got to zero about 7 months ago . It's nice to taste food better and not smell like an ash tray !

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can't really get behind the hate for cartoon/cute labels. Here's why:

1. There are thousands of people/companies selling juice. How do you make your product stand out? Packaging. Eye-catching bottles and colorful labels.

2. Look at how many sweet juices adults like. Candies. Cakes. There's a cereal-mixing thread here at VU with 450 posts.

3. Mentioning a threat to kids is the easiest way for governments to get people on their side. If it wasn't bottle design, they'd spend more time focusing on the juice itself. It's too sweet, it doesn't have a safety cap, it has nicotine in it. If not that, they'd dig up something else. The drip tips are choking hazards. The battery wraps have sharp edges. The coils get hot. Our precious children are why adults can't have nice things.

VU Sponsors