Become a Patron!

Are We (Vapers & The Vendors We Support) Really this Fucking Stupid??

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

"THEY ARE MARKETING DIRECTLY TO CHILDREN!!! "

A DOZEN DEMOCRAT SENATORS, THE CDC & FDA SAY

"WE ARE NOT MARKETING TO KIDS!!! "

VAPERS & VENDORS SAY

THEN I SEE SHIT LIKE THIS - 5150 (We Are Cutting Our Own Throats Here)

524262_743928335733457_5131977059165416245_n.jpg 1908137_10153293147777508_37762884688713673_n.jpg 10313688_10206214862672539_6309504897225284574_n.jpg 11202578_10206352810196367_8862854815207437965_n.jpg 11390139_10203379735888950_6321933564617496925_n.jpg 11390252_449892541861843_7396685876220298945_n.jpg 11390347_449891955195235_7068536508391026172_n.jpg

11377233_10203379810330811_2989429939857490287_n.jpg
11390298_10203379736288960_3000467287518502711_n.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah this China Mfr. drives me nuts with "new don't miss out great vape mods" Half of their mod ideas look like toys.
Shenzhen_ecig_battery_vaporizer_Japanese_doll_mod.jpg_220x220.jpg
Homai_top_prodcut_Wonderful_design_authentic_mod.jpg_220x220.jpg
Homai_7_30W_variable_wattage_e_cig.jpg_220x220.jpg

upload_2015-2-3_9-52-51-png.13709

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wonder how many of the bad guys eat kids type cereals?..I know i do. (froot loops, capn crunch, lucky charms, fruity pebbles) or chew bubble gum or like cotton candy?..pffft..fuckin kids with double standards.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I usually hold my tongue when it comes down to this but screw it.. it's almost 4 am and I have nothing else to gripe about with no organized or planned thought process and with the mouth only a sailors mom could kiss.

No matter what, kids will always want something they can not or SHOULD not have.

Kids now days are smoking " The Devils Lettuce " like they majored in hydroponics in college and cooking up brownies for desserts like they were Paula " dweed "! BUT the only thing I've see is Medical Dispensaries popping up EVERYWHERE LIKE MCDONALDS advertising with a giant green Medical cross like that of a hospital.

but fuck me jesus if anything is candy flavored or has a colorful image on the label or is somewhat tasty!! it's directed directly at our little baby children!! if it's marketable and consumable it's going to target our baby children!!
How dare they not market and distribute awful sounding and tasting flavors/products?!?! how dare they!
- honestly, I can see some old hags in a knitting group bitching like that, really sounds like some soccer mom tree hugger bullshit -

oh and I almost forgot about how many of the local kiddies are drinking adult beverages, dropping out of school, having sex and little girls getting pregnant !! I wonder if that all started with Dewwshine or alcoholic look alike beverages that are DIRECTED AT CHILDREN or when they watched 16 and pregnant? Where are the bullies stepping in trying to jack that up?

It's like the advertising to children topic is being abused and used as a patsy so that the FDA or who the fuck ever can
barge their way in the front door to fuck shit up!

Jesse the talking parrot told me himself to type down what he is saying " I would love to give them a big kiss with
D'z parrot Nutz"

Last edited by a moderator:

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When they use cartoon-style images, it annoys and frustrates me because there's no sense in taunting the powers that be. Heck, even R. J. Reynolds was pressured by congress and others to stop using Joe The Camel because it supposedly was being used to target kids, despite the company's insistence that the target audience was 25-49-year-old males.

And, it pisses me off when opponents say fruit and candy flavors are the vaping industry's way of luring and marketing to kids. I guess that means peppermint schnapps, peach schnapps, and apple martinis are the alcohol industry's way of turning kids into alcoholics.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find it funny that this thread is both an attack on liberal-minded vapers and on cartoon images at once. If you're a true conservative, shouldn't it be cool to use whatever kind of marketing methods you think will sell on the free market?

That said, some of this shit is over the top, and I understand why it justifiably bunches folks' panties. Personally, I'm the father of a 11 year-old and believe that it's my job to keep her away from the evils that befell me like tobacco, not society's.

But I'm not a republic party card carrier either...and I remember now that I promised myself to try not to respond to these fucktarded threads...

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't want to offend anybody here but it has to be said. The vendors that do this have VERY MUCH the same attitude that the "Clouds Bro! Clouds!" crowd have. They absolutely have to KNOW it's idiotic, but they lack the common sense to know that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. While you might be the "cool rebel" now, you'll be an easy scapegoat later. The people who have thumbed their noses at the "powers that be" with the "Fuck the FDA" mod skins and set off smoke alarms getting conventions banned at hotels, the vendors who refuse to stop foolish advertising while doing NOTHING to help with advocacy..oh yeah....we are SCREWED. And in the end...those people are going to be crying the loudest when the regs come down. It's gonna suck but as a community, we will have done it to ourselves by supporting these people. "Karma Bro! Karma!" LOL

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read so many news stories over the years about kids getting high off cough syrup and OTC medications and one here not so long ago about doing the same with the sugary CANDY powder that's in those little "pixy sticks" ......and this stuff IS marketed for children. Kids are gonna find a way to do whatever WITH whatever they choose. I actually went to school with a guy who dried and ground orange peelings and smoked 'em for a buzz, did the same with ground up vanilla wafers. (Ludicrous notion, but true) They're gonna have to dig a lot deeper than the vape to "protect" them from themselves.
How about PARENTING, anyone stop to think about that??

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amen Teresa, I am a big time believer on the influence parents have on their children, in fact they are the #1 source of impression that is a no brainer, they control the daily lives of their kids, the amount of TV time, social networking time, exposures to outside influences that they have and so much more, finger pointing for me goes to mom & dad , absolutely.

Last edited:

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't get it. If it's colorful or looks like an animal, it's meant for children? Come on.
Do I believe it's meant for children? I don't believe is meant for children. I think parents are meant for children however elected officials seem to be able to dismiss that. I would say my biggest fear is it being used against us at this time.

Hey I believe your statement "Come on." makes total sense. When it comes to children would I even show them a electronic cigarette? nope. I just don't vape around kids the same way I didn't smoke, leave a pack of cigarettes or lighter out around them.

Heck as far as adults go I even labeled my nic for DIY that it's dangerous and what's inside when transferred to smaller bottles. If something happens to me unexpected I wanted to be a responsible vaper.

@Teresa P called the question perfectly

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've read so many news stories over the years about kids getting high off cough syrup and OTC medications and one here not so long ago about doing the same with the sugary CANDY powder that's in those little "pixy sticks" ......and this stuff IS marketed for children. Kids are gonna find a way to do whatever WITH whatever they choose. I actually went to school with a guy who dried and ground orange peelings and smoked 'em for a buzz, did the same with ground up vanilla wafers. (Ludicrous notion, but true) They're gonna have to dig a lot deeper than the vape to "protect" them from themselves.
Exactly. We can't give these folks a fucking inch. I don't care if somebody wants to vape a sponge bob mod. But what about the childrens???! I'll tell you what about the childrens, I'm a parent. My kid knows not to touch my guns unless we're at the range, not to play with chainsaws and not to drink the ammonia under the damned sink. That's 'cos daddy *tells* her what's what. I understand where the point comes from but I reject the idea on principle.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sadly parenting skills seem to have gone the way of the Dodo.

Spare the rod and spoil the child and all of that stuff.

And I agree that packaging E-Liquids like that is not helping our cause any but where are the parents in all of this?

The dumbest thing I ever did was start smoking at the age of 16.

Hiding a pack of smokes (and back then you could just get them out of vending machines at 50 cents a pack) and a pack of matches is one thing.

But hiding your vape gear along with a charging station, extra coil heads or cartos and a selection of E-Liquids (notice I don't use the term E-Juice) is quite another thing.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smoking starts at a young age. At least most smokers I know began before 18 years old. Anti- smoking understands this and has set their target on that group.
IMO, Advertising attracting children will cause a labeling regulation. Flavoring will be regulated for the same reason.
Cessation and eliminated smoking / tobacco is their goal.
This isn't about parenting, it about market control.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At the end of the day, it's ALLLLL about the tax dollars and NOT wanting a "healthier" population. Tax dollars = they want their cut of this exploding business and they WILL control the market by (as Kent said) eliminating choices and making back room deals with the companies that will play ball. And a healthier population? That CANNOT happen. Can you imagine if you just cut out even 10% of smoking related illnesses. LOL If there's nobody to treat, the medical system goes to hell because the best and brightest will choose other professions that are more profitable. Anti smoking campaign is nothing but an empty message. It sounds good, but look at all of the organizations behind it and how corrupt they are. Rest assured it's an agenda...but NOT an agenda in your best interest. Parents shouldn't beat themselves up too much. Kids are going to try what they want to try. After all what's the best advertisement for a kid? Right! Tell them NOT to do something....LOL My point was that we, as a community, have made it a cake walk for them to just come in and steamroll us. It's not just a couple of cartoonish eliquid labels. It's lack of any motivation to support advocacy in any way, both vendors and vapers, and the attitude that "I will because I can...and I don't care if I look like a complete douchebag doing it" attitude. I don't know what vaping is going to look like in 10 years but I guarantee you it won't be in the same galaxy with how good things are right now. They don't care about you or your "illusion of freedom"...they want money and power......ALL OF IT. The world would be much simpler if people would just adhere to 3 little words that will always get you an answer to any question about any situation that you may have.

1. FOLLOW
2. THE
3. MONEY!!!!

:)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST.
GET TO KNOW IT - 5150

And, sadly, they're not the only ones in govt claiming that fruit and candy flavors are for targeting kids. Here's another must watch (though it's nearly an hour and half in length) http://www.c-span.org/video/?319401-1/fda-regulation-ecigarettes

On a complete aside - an interesting tidbit is when the person from FDA is speaking and he is talking about the court case with NJoy. He says that the courts said that the only way the FDA could regulate ecigarettes (in the absence of a cessation claim) was under the tobacco authorities, since it uses nicotine derived from tobacco. Which tells me that if manufacturers switched to nicotine that was derived from other sources (molecules created in the lab, derived from potatoes, etc). . . Of course, the stumbling block is the low concentration of nicotine in other sources.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Adults don't like fruit and candy????? They're trying too hard, grasping at straws, scraping the bottom of the barrel to keep from admitting they're WRONG and GREEDY. Believe me, when they find a way to rip our wallets into shreds, this will become the best invention since sliced bread.....
If I wanted to live in a communistic society, I'd move to Russia.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Adults don't like fruit and candy????? They're trying too hard, grasping at straws, scraping the bottom of the barrel to keep from admitting they're WRONG and GREEDY. Believe me, when they find a way to rip our wallets into shreds, this will become the best invention since sliced bread.....
If I wanted to live in a communistic society, I'd move to Russia.
Yep, like was said above, it's about tax revenue. Also, Russia has a lower incarceration rate per capita than the U.S, maybe not such a bad option...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Adults liking fruity and dessert flavors has nothing at all to do with this.

Whether or not the above photos and the many, many more using cartoon characters on their labels APPEARS to be marketing to children in a court of law is what this is about.

I just can not see a judge believing a vendor that uses captain crunch as a nicotine eliquid label is not trying to market to kids.

Remember Joe camel?

There labels are 100X worse than Joe camel and look what happened to him (hint: master settlement agreement)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As with all marketing, the first goal is to get the attention of the consumer. Regardless of the presentation, the products are still sold to an age restricted audience. Are they harping because the "pretty" labels are going to make our kids buy e-liquid? They won't be permitted to purchase without proof of age (I would hope), but whatever the product looks like, they're gonna figure out a way to get it if they want it - like booze.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In a way it doesn't matter. We were already screwed long before this. When people start looking for scapegoats, the battle is already lost. This one vendor isn't why everything is gonna turn out so bad. He is just ONE of MANY examples. A very small piece of the puzzle. Don't get me wrong....HE is wrong, but you're giving this one guy too much credit/blame, We vapers tend to be great armchair quarterbacks and second guessers. We just don't seem to be able to find the time to attend city council meetings or do anything proactive to help our cause. We can type like heroes on message boards, but when it's time to log out of our Facebook mod group (or drop the Xbox or Playstation controller..lol) the action just doesn't ever happen. People were just joining the Vaping Militia to get the cool dog tags man...believe that...lol THAT is why things are going to go so badly. Not one vendor with silly cartoons on his label. And 5150, I don't know you. That comment was directed at the community in general, not specifically at you. If we as a community want to find someone to blame for the way things are turning out, we need to START by all looking in the mirror. Just saying... :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If your hypothesis about age resolution was actually working then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But since bans to minors have NEVER worked in the past with cigarettes and alcohol why would you think it will Magically work now?

we now have green dot cards where a kid can just put money on the card and shop away online.

Then you have friends who are 18 (remember when you are a 13yr old freshman in high school many members of the senior class are 18)

Then there are the bad parents who buy beer, smokes and/or vapes for their kids thinking "at least they are partying in my basement where they are safe and won't get in trouble".

When I was 14 years old I could get cigarettes, alcohol, and the green stuff easily at any time.

My best friend when I was 16yrs old was a guy that was 23 years old.

Im from east Baltimore and I know for a fact that the dealers on every corner hustling down there will sell a 13yr old and even an 8 month pregnant girl cr@ck, coc@ine, and he@in and not think nothing of it.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Amen Teresa, I am a big time believer on the influence parents have on their children, in fact they are the #1 source of impression that is a no brainer, they control the daily lives of their kids, the amount of TV time, social networking time, exposures to outside influences that they have and so much more, finger pointing for me goes to mom & dad , absolutely.

When my kids were young, the whole "Anti Spanking" movement was just starting to take hold.

My kids knew that dad had a long handled wooden kitchen spoon at home and was not afraid to use it if they got in trouble at school or on the buss.

I can only remember one time we were out in public where my son acted up and I warmed his rump on the spot.

The Mrs. was kinda freaked out thinking that some idiot would call the cops on me. What she didn't see was more than one parent or store employee giving me the "Thumbs Up".

And over the years we also got one heck of a lot of compliments from teachers and strangers on how well our kids were behaved.

Dad's wooden spoon.

No parent should be without one or at least something similar.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They(kids) also need Role models, This is so important in their lives, You and I and all kids have said ,"I'm not listening to them (parents) its human nature, but we all remember the one or two or even 3rd person we always looked up to or wanted to be just like, that leaves an impression :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, what I was trying to say was they have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses or just trying to buy time till they can get a handle on how to get rich off of vaping. If the only excuse they can find is "the children," then they need to address every adult vice on their behalf and no one does. Cigarettes are age restricted, yet kids of all ages acquire them in just the ways you've described. Alcohol is age restricted, but again, minors are getting it in just the ways you described. But they're blowing gaskets because our "evil vapes" might fall into the hands of our children because, heaven forbid, someone put a pretty label on it. If they were making as much of a profit on vaping as they were alcohol and cigarettes, they wouldn't give a shit what it looked like. And they'd put about as much effort into protecting kids from it as they do anything else.
Someone on the forum has a signature that really impressed me and reminds me of this issue as a whole, a quote by Mark Twain, “Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMO,"the children" is their best approach.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr1256/text
2009 FSPTCA is about youth smoking.
Section 2.Findings
(4)Virtually all new users of tobacco products are under the minimum legal age to purchase such products.
(5)Tobacco advertising and marketing contribute significantly to the use of nicotine-containing tobacco products by adolescents.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has a lot to do with parenting, may include marketing gimmicks yes but I still stand behind the point I was making.
I agree with you about the parenting but what Mrs Boxer is talking about marketing. The one guy had already said the 40s plus people liked the cherry flavor and she still comes back and ask again who it was marketed to. They have an agenda and are going to stick to it no matter what the facts are. Now we have to pay attention to whom they were speaking to. They were speaking to people from the big tobacco companies e-cig divisions, so Mrs. Boxer remembers the less they were told by them before (the parent companies ). So I understand where she is coming from. But like I have said many times before it's all about the money. I will shut up now. Sorry.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are reasonable age checkpoints all over the vaping community. I think adults should be able to enjoy whatever they want, marketed and designed however they wish. If I want a baby bottle juice bottle, I should be able to get one. Kids also want porn, and, aside from websites which are extremely hard to age-restrict, kids cant just go buy porn at a store.

If I want a lollipop shaped mod topped by a spongebob tank, vaping lucky charms juice ... i should be able to.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are reasonable age checkpoints all over the vaping community. I think adults should be able to enjoy whatever they want, marketed and designed however they wish. If I want a baby bottle juice bottle, I should be able to get one. Kids also want porn, and, aside from websites which are extremely hard to age-restrict, kids cant just go buy porn at a store.

If I want a lollipop shaped mod topped by a spongebob tank, vaping lucky charms juice ... i should be able to.
Exactly. I work hard for my money, as well as anyone else, and should be able to spend it as I choose. I was controlled as a child but am now an adult and should be given liberties as such. I don't need a government nanny to slap my hand and tell me what I can and cannot do because it isn't "good" for me or will make be a "bad influence" on someone else.
Parents can mind their children. I'll mind myself.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know maybe they should worry about the drug problem with the kids these days instead of vape juice!!!!!!!! Here where I live there's an actual statistic: Every 11 days someone between the age of 18 and 24 dies from a drug overdose. It exceeds homicide and car crash deaths combined. But why would they bother with that ? Because they can't win against the drug companies that make this stuff they have more money than God !!! So take it out on something that helps save lives right? Sorry if this post isn't aloud I didn't reference any specific drugs just making a valid point! If it is a wrong post just remove it thx.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If ejuice was taxed somehow we would be able to drip straight from mickey mouse's drip tip and no one would say anything about it. If its not this its something else. You cant just fold over backwards at anything the man throws at us. Soon they'll start taxing the air we breathe and somehow will involve the kids as a deciding factor in how they do it.
Kids like guns, theyre ok. Oh but government controls guns, its ok. How many underage death caused by guns in accident, homicide or suicide? In those cases the gun owner is to blame and is held responsible for his irresponsibility, not gun manufacturers. How is this any different? Only logical variant is the money trail.
Dont confuse yourselves, government doesnt give a shit about you, me or our kids. Stop kneeling.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and as a sidenote the lost arts cottontail cream is a nice vape compareable to cuttwoods unicorn milk.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Of the five tobacco companies — Altria Group, NJOY, Lorillard Inc., Logic Technologies and Reynolds American

Though there are hundreds of companies manufacturing e-cigarettes, Boxer’s office said it chose the five that are controlling the largest percentage of the marketplace, hoping a favorable response from them would have a ripple effect on the industry.

In an April letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell, signed by Boxer and nine other Senate Democrats, lawmakers said e-cigarette companies are using celebrity endorsements, cartoons, teen magazines, music festivals and sporting events to advertise their products and specifically target children.

"Sen. Patty Murray (Wash.), the ranking Democrat on the Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions Committee, said e-cigarette companies are using the same youth-targeted tactics that tobacco companies used for years to lure new customers."

"“To right this wrong, I urge the FDA to finalize and strengthen last year’s proposed deeming rules, and put in place restrictions that would prevent marketing targeted to minors, eliminate the sale of flavored e-cigarettes that appeal to children, and end online sales,” she said."

http://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/243514-e-cigarettes-inflame-dc-debate

The people who are responsible for MAKING THE LAWS say we are marketing 'directly' to kids!!!

It doesn't really matter if we are or not because if you step back and put yourselves the their shoes it looks like we are.

Doesn't it seem kind of odd that a bunch of 30 somethings are attracted to a label with Hello Kitty or Cap'n Crunch on it?

It would sure as hell look better if this was on the overhead projector in front of a judge:

nicquid-e-liquid-bottles.jpg

Instead of this:

3825852_orig.jpg

What can I do to change this you ask?

Don't buy eliquid with bugs bunny on the label. - Buy one of the other 10,000 eliquids on the market

Don't buy a transformers mod. - Buy one of the other 5,000 Mods on the market

If you are a vendor then rethink your advertising tactics because these democrat senators are right this DOES 'kinda', 'almost', 'maybe', look like a play out of big tobacco's handbook!

Last edited:

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Question 5150...what did these vendors tell you when you called them directly to tell them that you didn't agree with their labels?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
General Mills, Girl Scouts Go After Makers Of Liquid Nicotine Over Trademarked Names

http://consumerist.com/2014/05/27/g...rs-of-liquid-nicotine-over-trademarked-names/
Like the horrible shit the girl scouts sell is healh food....those cookies can in no way be thought of as food or nurishment.....and who exactlly are the group the Girl Scouts are trageting for the horrible crap they sell..kids that's who they are targeting.? I have a sister whose a dentist and she would never allow her children to eat that stuff...we have a huge obesity problem and the girl scouts are selling cookies to overwieght people every year.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok...I'm REALLY not trying to troll...but is anybody else amused at what a circle jerk this thread is? It's a PERFECT example of WHY we are gonna get "F'd in the A" by the FDA. You guys are concentrating on one issue that you absolutely have NO control over. Now it's degenerated to deflecting and saying "screw those little Girl Scout bitches!" LMAO Come on...that's FUNNY. Those poor little girls have nothing to do with this! Nevermind the fact that Thint Mints are still DELICIOUS (and a vape flavor that I also quite enjoy thanks to HIC..LOL) Who, of all of you guys that are SO outraged because this is what's really gonna take us down, has taken the time to call at least one of these vendors and express your outrage to them? I mean you can rage at me all you want about it here, but I can't do anything. I don't run the company. If you're serious about affecting positive change, what are you doing in real life to make that happen other than bitching on a message board. I mean yeah, you're right in what you are saying, but we already all agree with you. Preaching to the choir. So now what?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
In a way it doesn't matter. We were already screwed long before this. When people start looking for scapegoats, the battle is already lost. This one vendor isn't why everything is gonna turn out so bad. He is just ONE of MANY examples. A very small piece of the puzzle. Don't get me wrong....HE is wrong, but you're giving this one guy too much credit/blame, We vapers tend to be great armchair quarterbacks and second guessers. We just don't seem to be able to find the time to attend city council meetings or do anything proactive to help our cause. We can type like heroes on message boards, but when it's time to log out of our Facebook mod group (or drop the Xbox or Playstation controller..lol) the action just doesn't ever happen. People were just joining the Vaping Militia to get the cool dog tags man...believe that...lol THAT is why things are going to go so badly. Not one vendor with silly cartoons on his label. And 5150, I don't know you. That comment was directed at the community in general, not specifically at you. If we as a community want to find someone to blame for the way things are turning out, we need to START by all looking in the mirror. Just saying... :)

I agree with you 100%
That is why when you look in the news & media section you will see that I posted 99% of the 1000 articles. I just want vapers to open their eyes, pull their heads out of the sand before it's too late.
The fucked up thing is the people who didn't do shit besides blow clouds will be the ones bitching and complaining at the online sales ban, the 300% tax on eliquid, the ban on all favors except tobacco and menthol, etc...

VU Sponsors