Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
awwwww backatchya :hug: Can't complain :) Got the new script and got it dropped off so my son can pick it up tomorrow. Luckily I had a couple Oxy's left that I'd been saving for just such a time as this. Just took one cuz I couldn't stand it no more.
Well good to hear that you've got more on the way tomorrow!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It was pretty good! Taught my girl how to ride her tricycle today and helped her hang up a really cute little toy ukulele that my mom got her when in Mexico last week. She has a real Uke and the toy one is really nicely painted so I thought it would look good on her wall and she can play with the real one lol. Work was torturous but we all have those days from time to time.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was pretty good! Taught my girl how to ride her tricycle today and helped her hang up a really cute little toy ukulele that my mom got her when in Mexico last week. She has a real Uke and the toy one is really nicely painted so I thought it would look good on her wall and she can play with the real one lol. Work was torturous but we all have those days from time to time.
awwww. My son loves playing the Ukulele. He was blessed with being able play dang near anything he tries with little to no instructions just some practice. Even as a little kid, he could sit down at a piano and pic out a tune on it. I think the violin might have require some more "learnin" to be able to play, but a piece broke on the bow before he got a chance.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
awwww. My son loves playing the Ukulele. He was blessed with being able play dang near anything he tries with little to no instructions just some practice. Even as a little kid, he could sit down at a piano and pic out a tune on it. I think the violin might have require some more "learnin" to be able to play, but a piece broke on the bow before he got a chance.

I was very similar. I started piano when I was 4, guitar at 7, joined the band and learned all low brass in grade 7, by grade 9 I could play all the orchestral instruments, by grade 11 I was composing for full orchestra while in 2 jazz bands and 4 metal bands lol. These days I play a lot of 50s and 60s rock for my daughter and rewrite lyrics or do mashups between childrens songs and rock n roll melodies. Her favorite song that I do on guitar for her is the music of "Come Together" by the beatles with the lyrics of "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Her bedtime song is "All My Lovin"(Also Beatles)

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was very similar. I started piano when I was 4, guitar at 7, joined the band and learned all low brass in grade 7, by grade 9 I could play all the orchestral instruments, by grade 11 I was composing for full orchestra while in 2 jazz bands and 4 metal bands lol. These days I play a lot of 50s and 60s rock for my daughter and rewrite lyrics or do mashups between childrens songs and rock n roll melodies. Her favorite song that I do on guitar for her is the music of "Come Together" by the beatles with the lyrics of "Itsy Bitsy Spider". Her bedtime song is "All My Lovin"(Also Beatles)
That is soooooo kewl!! and you cook too. Jup proposal is back on the shelf! :teehee: any chance y'all always wanted to move to Texas??? lmao my son isn't nearly that good, but he impresses me. Only thing I can play is the radio!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That is soooooo kewl!! and you cook too. Jup proposal is back on the shelf! :teehee: any chance y'all always wanted to move to Texas??? lmao my son isn't nearly that good, but he impresses me. Only thing I can play is the radio!
Oh I can play me the living hell out of a radio!!!! :giggle:

There was a time where music was my life! I still love it and keep up on my git-fiddlin but I havent played anything orchestral since high school. Kickin around the house for my daughters "toys" is a full size keyboard, a ukulele, a couple of hand-carved pan flutes, several percussion dealies from egg shakers and bells to drums, an old electric guitar and some kazoos and harmonicas. The only thing off limits is Daddys Taylor(My acoustic guitar)

Attachments

• April 2016 182.jpg
    April 2016 182.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 4
  • April 2016 180.jpg
    April 2016 180.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 3

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I can play me the living hell out of a radio!!!! :giggle:

There was a time where music was my life! I still love it and keep up on my git-fiddlin but I havent played anything orchestral since high school. Kickin around the house for my daughters "toys" is a full size keyboard, a ukulele, a couple of hand-carved pan flutes, several percussion dealies from egg shakers and bells to drums, an old electric guitar and some kazoos and harmonicas. The only thing off limits is Daddys Taylor(My acoustic guitar)
That is gorgeous!!! so kewl that she has tons of musical "toys" My son had quite a few also when he was little. lmao, I thought I was the only one left that called em git fiddles!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
oh lord, yur one of them! hehehe j/k You can't swing a dead cat around here without hittin a hank hill
You can swing dead cats around in Texas?!?!?!?!? AND hit a bunch of Hank Hills??? Now I really wanna go!:D

Though, Boomhower was the best on that show lol.

psst...I also like football, though I have a feeling you wouldnt approve of either my favorite NFL or NCAA team :giggle:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
now I'm definitely in love!! :inlove: hehehe

Not a Vikings fan really but at least they wear purple!! :D I don't really follow college ball, but who don't love Notre Dame.
That Rudy guy hits ya right in the feels!

Everywhere on the East Coast of Canada everybody is all stupid pats fans...Personally I cant stand em.

You a Cowboys fan or are you for the Texans?

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Rudy guy hits ya right in the feels!

Everywhere on the East Coast of Canada everybody is all stupid pats fans...Personally I cant stand em.

You a Cowboys fan or are you for the Texans?
LOVE that movie! Been wanting that one on DVD for a long time. Note to self.......never visit the east coast of Canada!
I'm an Oilers fan! lol Cowboys are beginning to be almost tolerable. They haven't been worth a fig since Tom Landry. I don't mean how they play even. I have always called em the Cowbutts or the Dallas convicts. Ustabe, you could never tell Sunday to Sunday if enough of em would be outta jail all at the same time to even play a game. But they seem to have players now with much better morals and behavior. And ya gotta get all warm and gushy inside just thinkin about the talent of Dak Prescott! I always rooted for the Texans when it came to Texas teams......but............ (don't laugh or throw things).......... Imma huge Dolphins fan!!!

I am not a fan of anyone or anything.
Moderation in all things.
<sniff> and here all this time I thought you were a fan of me! :D

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
LOVE that movie! Been wanting that one on DVD for a long time. Note to self.......never visit the east coast of Canada!
I'm an Oilers fan! lol Cowboys are beginning to be almost tolerable. They haven't been worth a fig since Tom Landry. I don't mean how they play even. I have always called em the Cowbutts or the Dallas convicts. Ustabe, you could never tell Sunday to Sunday if enough of em would be outta jail all at the same time to even play a game. But they seem to have players now with much better morals and behavior. And ya gotta get all warm and gushy inside just thinkin about the talent of Dak Prescott! I always rooted for the Texans when it came to Texas teams......but............ (don't laugh or throw things).......... Imma huge Dolphins fan!!!

<sniff> and here all this time I thought you were a fan of me! :D
My cousin is a big Dolphins fan! I was gonna guess an Oilers fan...but up here if you say Oilers you mean Edmonton and Gretzky! :p

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cousin is a big Dolphins fan! I was gonna guess an Oilers fan...but up here if you say Oilers you mean Edmonton and Gretzky! :p
Yur cousin izza smart man! There haven't been Houston Oilers since 96, but some of us refuse to believe they're actually gone. The last guy that played in TN that was part of the Houston team just retired a year or so ago.

I don't know nuttin bout hockey really, but ya gotta luv Gretzky!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yur cousin izza smart man! There haven't been Houston Oilers since 96, but some of us refuse to believe they're actually gone. The last guy that played in TN that was part of the Houston team just retired a year or so ago.

I don't know nuttin bout hockey really, but ya gotta luv Gretzky!
Hockey is a great sport and of course Im legally required to say(and believe) that! Gretzky was a truly amazing player and will always be one of the greatest of all time. That said, I rarely watch Hockey at all unless its international and we're going for another gold medal :giggle:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, so we've talked about football and hockey. Do you like basketball? My son is a huge Spurs fan, and although I hate watching basketball (cuz the squeaky shoes drive me nuts) I love all of them, really upstanding guys. And Coach Papa is a hoot!

Did ya ever end up trying that granola bar recipe?
Newp. The kids have been so busy with dil's dad in the hospital that I didn't wanna ask em to go to the store to get the stuff I don't have. But I will when things calm down.

finally, the oxy I took an hour and a half ago is finally kicking in! <sigh of relief>

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
ok, so we've talked about football and hockey. Do you like basketball? My son is a huge Spurs fan, and although I hate watching basketball (cuz the squeaky shoes drive me nuts) I love all of them, really upstanding guys. And Coach Papa is a hoot!

Newp. The kids have been so busy with dil's dad in the hospital that I didn't wanna ask em to go to the store to get the stuff I don't have. But I will when things calm down.

finally, the oxy I took an hour and a half ago is finally kicking in! <sigh of relief>
Not really a Basketball fan. Its a great game but I just cant get in to watching it. Baseball has always bored me beyond tears lol. Hockey and Football are the main sports I like to watch.

No hurry on trying the recipe...just interested to hear how you like it when you do :D

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL!!!! Actually we do have baked beans for breakfast here from time to time but always baked with maple syrup! Oddly enough its really popular in the province of Quebec which is mostly french :giggle:
lmao........y'all put maple syrup on pretty much everything dontchya? As to it being odd.......well.......they are french! :giggle: My apologies if you're half french (and condolences) lol

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
lmao........y'all put maple syrup on pretty much everything dontchya? As to it being odd.......well.......they are french! :giggle: My apologies if you're half french (and condolences) lol
While I do speak fluent french and have a brother in law from France I have no french blood in me that I know of! :giggle:

And yes....Maple syrup is our version of crack! Yummy, yummy crack!

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I shouldn't have said that. And I'm certain there are wonderful french folks. I just hate the snooty attitude many have toward Americans. Very thankful for their help in our revolution, but we more than paid em back at Normandy.
Lol, Im not easily offended. My frenchy brother in law has a good sense of humor about it all....he has to between me and my other brother in law who tease him constantly about it. The best/easiest joke...Frenchy is a runner(literally...he and my sister are both big time joggers) :giggle::giggle::giggle: He gives as good as he gets too so its not all one sided:D

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, Im not easily offended. My frenchy brother in law has a good sense of humor about it all....he has to between me and my other brother in law who tease him constantly about it. The best/easiest joke...Frenchy is a runner(literally...he and my sister are both big time joggers) :giggle::giggle::giggle: He gives as good as he gets too so its not all one sided:D
I think a good sense of humor is a must. Not the most important quality for a person to have, but it's certainly up there high on the list

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really need to go make myself sumpthin to eat, but i'm finally very comfy, most of the pain is gone, and don't wanna get up.

Totally agree! We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves more! Definitely a must in our family as we are one odd bunch!
JUP! lol odd folks are fun to be around. Unless they're from way back in the hills of KINtucky. :giggle: and I can say that cuz my mom's side of the family are all from Kentucky.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I really need to go make myself sumpthin to eat, but i'm finally very comfy, most of the pain is gone, and don't wanna get up.

JUP! lol odd folks are fun to be around. Unless they're from way back in the hills of KINtucky. :giggle: and I can say that cuz my mom's side of the family are all from Kentucky.
Im pretty comfy myself but its just about bedtime for me! Got a dentists appointment tomorrow :blech:

And if odd folks are fun to be around then you'd have a blast around us!!! :giggle:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
that was hard to like. I have a severe phobia of dentists! Just the smell of their office makes me sick. Hope it goes well for ya.

lol I'm sure I would! Sweet dreams
Im sure it will all go fine. Ive needed a lot of work done for a long time now and I finally have a decent dental plan so its good that Im actually able to get it done.

Have a great night and enjoy the grub! :D:hug:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im sure it will all go fine. Ive needed a lot of work done for a long time now and I finally have a decent dental plan so its good that Im actually able to get it done.

Have a great night and enjoy the grub! :D:hug:
oh that's great! I need a lotta work done too, but kinda glad I can't get it done. They'd have to tranq me just to get me in the office, then knock me out!

lmao......nobody asked you!
001_tt2.gif
But hiya :)

VU Sponsors