Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
pain clinic called me back....... they admitted they screwed up..... but the pharmacy won't take a call from them, so to fix it, I have to go to the pharmacy, pick up the scrip, drive 30 minutes to the pain clinic, 30 mins back, back to the pharmacy...... kinda hard to do all that without a car, and tomorrow is my son's long day at school. :xD:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
oh and, darth.......... hug pay back :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: ;D
Awww shucks!!!! You know I love me some good good Huggins!

pain clinic called me back....... they admitted they screwed up..... but the pharmacy won't take a call from them, so to fix it, I have to go to the pharmacy, pick up the scrip, drive 30 minutes to the pain clinic, 30 mins back, back to the pharmacy...... kinda hard to do all that without a car, and tomorrow is my son's long day at school. :xD:
That's ridiculous! I can halfway understand not accepting a phone call but a fax with an updated script right from the MDs office should be more than enough.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Can't they just fax the new 'script?

As stupid as it is - they cannot electronically transmit a 'script for a controlled substance using a computer - but they can fax it. (And I would like to meet the brain trust that split the hair over that one.)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Holy crap!!!!!!! @Rickajho You just got tagged over at ECF like 6 hours ago!!!!!!!

Some thread about microwave steeping diy juices. :giggle:

Sheezus - does someone over here still want to convince them self - over there - that microwave steeping is the bestest thing ever? :facepalm:

This is what happens when someone revives a 2015 thread and you try to enlighten them with "how a microwave oven works" technical information. Wassat term that comes to mind? "Targeted nuclear strike". Great idea - if you can actually precisely control it.

Oh - and boiling your liquids in a microwave will have no negative impact whatsoever. Well except from maybe losing 10% of your juice in the process. :facepalm: It' not just a kitchen appliance - it's magic!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sheezus - does someone over here still want to convince them self - over there - that microwave steeping is the bestest thing ever? :facepalm:

This is what happens when someone revives a 2015 thread and you try to enlighten them with "how a microwave oven works" technical information. Wassat term that comes to mind? "Targeted nuclear strike". Great idea - if you can actually precisely control it.

Oh - and boiling your liquids in a microwave will have no negative impact whatsoever. Well except from maybe losing 10% of your juice in the process. :facepalm: It' not just a kitchen appliance - it's magic!
Sounds like a thread I have to go look at. Let's see if I can convince someone the best way to do it is to make at least 500ml at a time, then nuke it on high for 15 minutes with the top off. After wrapping the bottle in aluminum foil.:devil:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You must have one of those old Sears microwaves with the square turntable.

There you go spouting off your magic stuff again!!! :giggle:

The person that tagged you was citing your expertise on the subject of power levels.

I should have mentioned that but I was finding it more funny that he was being tagged in the first place. I havent known Rick for any longer than I've been a member here and the one thing I do know about him is his distaste for that site(yes Im being polite there)....the only thing that would have been as funny or funnier would be if someone tagged AndriaD :giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First off he didn't account for 30 day scrips and 31 day months,
When the feds converted to the "try to get everyone off of opiods" plan, my six-month prescription became "one-month" prescriptions. I don't get to call in for a "refill" but a "new prescription," and through the VA they are not the "one month" as dictated in the fed plan, but 28 days maximum, meaning my co-pay is now not 12 months per year but 13 times (every four weeks, I must request a brand new prescription for pain pills). If I could find anything else beside hydrocodone to ease the pain, I would gladly take that road.

EDIT: EXCEPT Naproxin Sodium, which destroys your ligaments and tendons long term. And Hydrocodone comes in 325 mg size (for the Acetaminophen content) now instead of 500 mg because they determined that more than 3g per day (six or more 500mg tablets) is enough to destroy your liver. So be careful how much Tylenol you take too.

Last edited:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the feds converted to the "try to get everyone off of opiods" plan, my six-month prescription became "one-month" prescriptions. I don't get to call in for a "refill" but a "new prescription," and through the VA they are not the "one month" as dictated in the fed plan, but 28 days maximum, meaning my co-pay is now not 12 months per year but 13 times (every four weeks, I must request a brand new prescription for pain pills). If I could find anything else beside hydrocodone to ease the pain, I would gladly take that road.

EDIT: EXCEPT Naproxin Sodium, which destroys your ligaments and tendons long term. And Hydrocodone comes in 325 mg size (for the Acetaminophen content) now instead of 500 mg because they determined that 4g per day (eight or more 500mg tablets) is enough to destroy your liver. So be careful how much Tylenol you take too.
yeah I'm on the 10/325's. I can't take naproxin at all in RX strength. Tears up my stomach. I dunno why the VA does 28 days, that's just absurd, but someone on the porch was talking about that also. Jup, new script each time, and I have to see the pain doc each time for the new script, can't just call for it. Major pain.......but it eases the other major pain a bit

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep destroying my liver.
Because of knee jerk politicians and pill heads....

Strange that when I was cut of from hydrocodone due to new laws. I suffered no withdrawals or anything except for more pain.
After 15 years of use. Never got a buzz from it either when taking it just less pain.
And yep I have problems in toes and thumbs now likely due to high Naproxin use.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The VA put me on 5/500, 2 pills four times per day, back in Fall 1999. One pill dulled the pain but didn't get rid of it, and two pills got rid of the pain, but I also noticed a definite decrease in mental abilities. I was an engineering manager and couldn't afford to not be sharp-minded, so I tolerated the dull pain until I got sufficiently used to the hydrocodone (about a year later) so that taking two pills didn't make me stupid (or, if it did, I didn't notice and no one else seemed to either). Then, a few years ago, they decided that was too much acetaminophen and reduced the pill size to 5/325, which had very little effect on pain levels. Then they asked everyone to quit, so I did, cold turkey, and went on straight acetaminophen (non-prescription variety). Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever, but a definite increase in felt pain levels (OK, a very large increase), to the point where I could not do all the things here on the farm that needed to be done. After one year, I asked my doc to put me back on the hydrocodone (all alternatives also seemed to be highly controlled drugs and referencing my PDR book suggested some side effects I chose not to experience), so here we are...

BUT... the pain levels have increased such that the 5/325s will no longer control it and the VA doc refuses to put me on 10/325s. Why, I do not know. But I just put in three hours in the barn (15 more wheelbarrows of shit) and I can barely walk at the moment because my back is screaming at me.

Life's a bitch, so just get on with it. Uh, wrong phrase... LIFE'S A BEACH. SURF, DUDE!!! Yeah, that's the ticket... (Morgan Fairchild?)

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BUT... the pain levels have increased such that the 5/325s will no longer control it and the VA doc refuses to put me on 10/325s. Why, I do not know.
that's awful. I went for a long time before he'd put me on the 10's and 5's do absolutely nothing for me. Might as well eat M&Ms cuz at least they taste good. Kept telling him that. He couldn't see the need. Got a new MRI, he read the report.......saw plenty of reason. But the report said in several places, no significant difference from the previous MRI :headbang:

when I was on the 5s I just had to take two

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Debadoo Its just the same here in the UK, nobody knows what the hell they are doing half the time, maybe they are taking cocktail drugs x

So ECF, I take it we're talking about dingbat Chels again, after my last encounter with her I gave up.

Actually she's the only person that I would say is safer to smoke than vape ;)

Morning Wompers.

Day off today

The VA put me on 5/500, 2 pills four times per day, back in Fall 1999. One pill dulled the pain but didn't get rid of it, and two pills got rid of the pain, but I also noticed a definite decrease in mental abilities. I was an engineering manager and couldn't afford to not be sharp-minded, so I tolerated the dull pain until I got sufficiently used to the hydrocodone (about a year later) so that taking two pills didn't make me stupid (or, if it did, I didn't notice and no one else seemed to either). Then, a few years ago, they decided that was too much acetaminophen and reduced the pill size to 5/325, which had very little effect on pain levels. Then they asked everyone to quit, so I did, cold turkey, and went on straight acetaminophen (non-prescription variety). Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever, but a definite increase in felt pain levels (OK, a very large increase), to the point where I could not do all the things here on the farm that needed to be done. After one year, I asked my doc to put me back on the hydrocodone (all alternatives also seemed to be highly controlled drugs and referencing my PDR book suggested some side effects I chose not to experience), so here we are...

BUT... the pain levels have increased such that the 5/325s will no longer control it and the VA doc refuses to put me on 10/325s. Why, I do not know. But I just put in three hours in the barn (15 more wheelbarrows of shit) and I can barely walk at the moment because my back is screaming at me.

Life's a bitch, so just get on with it. Uh, wrong phrase... LIFE'S A BEACH. SURF, DUDE!!! Yeah, that's the ticket... (Morgan Fairchild?)
Best pain relief is m*rijuana, better than their shitty drugs that cause more problems. Don't even have to smoke it, you can make a nice pain reducing cake, win, win. Just don't use too much lol.
I think you can get it on prescription here.

I think I'll have a nice slice of chocolate cake to dull the pain, yeah life is a beach.

Maybe I'm just a bad Son, I got Mum blowing clouds like Bob Marley and Dad on the space cakes.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might as well eat M&Ms cuz at least they taste good. Kept telling him that. He couldn't see the need. Got a new MRI, he read the report.......saw plenty of reason
Maybe the good doktor hasn't looked at my MRI recently, but it makes my spine look like an aerial view of a train wreck (every vertebra tilts a different direction) with dozens of bulging discs. Maybe I'll try that M&M thing on him next time I see him and see what he says.

Have to tell a funny story to go along with all this misery sobbing BS. We used to have a big white cat named Kato, who decided one of his duties was to look after me. Apparently he could feel my pain levels and tried to get me to stop work when I was getting too stressed. He once even climbed a ladder to get me to come down. Anyway, Kato left us some time ago and our current barn kitty (Xena, Warrior Princess, AKA "My Precious"), who lives in the house, but always comes out to the barns with us, has taken on Kato's task of keeping an eye on me. Well, today, after morning chores, she didn't come back to the house, so when I went out to fork up more shit, she wandered in about the third load and yelled at me, so I sat down and had a vape while she sat on my lap getting pets. Then I got up and went back to work. She complained loudly, but after following me out to the compost pile a couple times, she appeared to give up. She showed up again and had some more lap sits later, but I then continued to fork crap into the wheelbarrow. Finally, she yelled at me loud enough that I sat down. She didn't ask to get in my lap this time; she just jumped up on me and, while standing on my lap, put both front paws on my chest and shoved her face in mine and told me, in no uncertain terms, it was time to stop. How could I refuse? I put the tools away and came in the house and she followed me. I sat down at the dining room table and she came in and laid on the floor at my feet, as if to say, "I'm guarding you. Now stay in here, damn it!" It's so nice to have a gorgeous little pussy looking after me... :facepalm:

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They make 7.5's
Your back sounds like mine.
Quite zig zaggy and bulging, etc discs.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Gorgeous mod! Forgive my stupid questions but...
It is VW correct? If so, is it right to assume that the little dial on the opposite side of the firing button is how to adjust the wattage? How tight is the dial, easy to move with your finger or do you need a flathead screwdriver to move it?

Either way....really sweet looking mod, great find and great review!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is VW correct? If so, is it right to assume that the little dial on the opposite side of the firing button is how to adjust the wattage?
Looks like VV instead, that dial is a potentiometer I believe which adjusts the output voltage, which in turn affects the wattage but you'd have to do your own calculations if you were aiming for a specific wattage.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like VV instead, that dial is a potentiometer I believe which adjusts the output voltage, which in turn affects the wattage but you'd have to do your own calculations if you were aiming for a specific wattage.
Yeah that's correct, easy to work out on steam engine but really, start off at zero and adjust to taste. Although I didn't do that lol. I like those fused claptons at around 75w which worked out to be 40% on the potentiometer, dead easy.
Gorgeous mod! Forgive my stupid questions but...
It is VW correct? If so, is it right to assume that the little dial on the opposite side of the firing button is how to adjust the wattage? How tight is the dial, easy to move with your finger or do you need a flathead screwdriver to move it?

Either way....really sweet looking mod, great find and great review!
As above and you can adjust it with your fingernail easy or press your thumb on it and it will turn, it's does require a bit of pressure though. I'm glad you like it, it really is a fabulous device.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exited about my juice called Super Toff lol..

This will go on sale in our shop and not to blow my own trumpet it is so good but the downside is it needs a good months steep.

This is the final batch that I mixed for myself in 60ml unicorn bottles, next week we start with a big bulk batch to mix up, got to start on the labels now :)

Its a vanilla custard on the inhale with a rich toffee flavor coming through on the exhale, it is very moreish indeed, got a little bit extra in there too..

Caps come with their own seals as originally they were going to be sold like this.......before the law fooked things up. (except the end one, that's my tester batch with a little bit of butter cream added.

VU Sponsors