Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The precise reason I rarely talk about the game! It is so dirty :giggle:

That's awesome Atcha!!! It's always been a favorite game of mine. I misspent a lot of my youth in many a sketchy pool hall.
Ah. sketchy pool halls. I'd LOVE to go run the tables at those ones with the 8ft tables after playing 9ft tables for so long. Like shooting fish in a barrel. I never bet money, but I did hang around with some guys that did and it upset me. They would really take advantage of drunk people and leave with gobs of money.
I do miss playing. That and horses were the only sport I was ever any good at.
That's the exact story is expect to hear from a shark ;)

Don't worry...i won't tell anyone :D
Great answer!!!! lol

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ah. sketchy pool halls. I'd LOVE to go run the tables at those ones with the 8ft tables after playing 9ft tables for so long. Like shooting fish in a barrel. I never bet money, but I did hang around with some guys that did and it upset me. They would really take advantage of drunk people and leave with gobs of money.
I do miss playing. That and horses were the only sport I was ever any good at.

Great answer!!!! lol

Being a 9 and 10 ball player in deep most comfortable on the 9ft tables, but I do love the 8 footers for quick easy runs. I think I might hit up the pool hall tomorrow night after work see if I can't rustle up a good rack or 2

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey, who here likes to play card games? my faves are spades, canasta although it's been so long since I played I'd need a refresher course, and euchre, but I'm not good at it, so have only played online by myself other than the time when my son was little that my sil and ex tried to teach me, and my brain nearly fell outta my head.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
hey, who here likes to play card games? my faves are spades, canasta although it's been so long since I played I'd need a refresher course, and euchre, but I'm not good at it, so have only played online by myself other than the time when my son was little that my sil and ex tried to teach me, and my brain nearly fell outta my head.

Cribbage, poker and solitaire are my card games.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Touching story……Goodbye Mom!

A guy shopping in a supermarket noticed a little old lady following him around. If he stopped, she stopped. Furthermore, she kept staring at him. She finally overtook him at the checkout, and she turned to him and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."

He answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out "Good bye, Mom" as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout ... and as she was on her way out of the store, the man called out, "Goodbye, Mother." The little old lady waved and smiled back at him. Pleased that he had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, he went to pay for his groceries. "That comes to $121.85," said the clerk. "How come so much?! I only bought 5 items."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd pay for her things, too."

*DO NOT TRUST LITTLE OLD LADIES*
Just because they are a little old lady does not mean that they are not meaner than a snake.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Being a 9 and 10 ball player in deep most comfortable on the 9ft tables, but I do love the 8 footers for quick easy runs. I think I might hit up the pool hall tomorrow night after work see if I can't rustle up a good rack or 2
Go for it! Sounds fun!!!
All I know is poker. And Go Fish. lol!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hiya sis! Grrrrrrrr so wish they could figger out sumpthin to do for your neck
Only thing that helped was Spinal Epidurals. Insurance doesn't cover it anymore. :( They do not want to do surgery on the worst part (the part that's almost touching the spinal cord) yet because all the ones above are bad too and they will quickly start failing. Once the bottom starts to touch the cord, they'll do the full fusion with plates. Here's my neck:
upload_2017-4-20_16-54-5.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's below where the cord is almost jeopardized. If you can see the bone sticking into the white fluid, once it hits the black, that's the cord and they'll go in and try to fix it before it paralyzes me.
upload_2017-4-20_17-0-49.png
upload_2017-4-20_16-55-5.png

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyway. Most everyone gets some form later in life. My started 30 years ago after a horse riding accident so I've been told mine is already as bad as an 80 something person. Once that surgery is done, I'll no longer be able to turn my head.
Anyway. GEEZERS. I'm sorry for griping about it. It's just been a rough week for my stupid neck!!!

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I edited, but you'd already passed it. I know not being able to turn your head would be horrible, but dang paralysis even more horrible. I spect they know what they're doing by waiting, but dang, two years, seems like a long time between checking it and you are not nagging or complaining! It's horrible what you are dealing with

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I edited, but you'd already passed it. I know not being able to turn your head would be horrible, but dang paralysis even more horrible. I spect they know what they're doing by waiting, but dang, two years, seems like a long time between checking it and you are not nagging or complaining! It's horrible what you are dealing with
What did you edit?
Oh I know it'll be a lot better than being paralyzed!!! Also, most days I'm ok as long as I don't move my neck around a lot. Or do something stupid like I did Saturday night. Like sleep on the loveseat and let my son and dil have my bed. :confused: It's just ultra inflamed right now. It'll be better next week. :hug::blowkiss:
Ok. I just saw the edit. hehehehe
They said it's a "quality of life" thing.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or do something stupid like I did Saturday night. Like sleep on the loveseat and let my son and dil have my bed.
angry.gif
no more of that missy ma'am!!

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyway. Most everyone gets some form later in life. My started 30 years ago after a horse riding accident so I've been told mine is already as bad as an 80 something person. Once that surgery is done, I'll no longer be able to turn my head.
Anyway. GEEZERS. I'm sorry for griping about it. It's just been a rough week for my stupid neck!!!
:hug::blowkiss:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Rixsta I noticed the pwm in the mod you reviewed. I remember a ton of folks hated pwm, but not counting my Reos, the best mod by far that I ever had was a cheapo made pwm mod. The vv gripper
PWM is good in non TC devices and fair in regulated devices in wattage mode.
At low wattages you can get the 'rattlesnake' sound.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Spades, hearts, 500 rummy, cribbage, gin, poker (of course :D )

Dont have any card players around here now though.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
PWM is good in non TC devices and fair in regulated devices in wattage mode.

I don't think it's so much the wattage as the frequency employed. Back in the day when a Provari was all that it couldn't do much more than 15 watts. But there was a huge difference in the "smoothness" of Provari high frequency PWM and something really harsh and rettlesnakey like the first Tesla or a VAMO etc. The lower the frequency employed the less frequently PWM hits the mean voltage.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one was an older mod, before VW came out, so only VV. Some folks heard that rattlesnake sound but I had two of the mods, and never heard it

Spades, hearts, 500 rummy, cribbage, gin, poker (of course )
Dont have any card players around here now though.
Same here, no one to really play with. Used to play cards a lot, now mostly just online by myself. But it passes time :)

Think I will get myself a Serpent RDTA.
22 mm and looks nice.
I was thinking about the Serpent mini earlier today. Just don't really have much use for tanks anymore.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think it's so much the wattage as the frequency employed. Back in the day when a Provari was all that it couldn't do much more than 15 watts. But there was a huge difference in the "smoothness" of Provari high frequency PWM and something really harsh and rettlesnakey like the first Tesla or a VAMO etc. The lower the frequency employed the less frequently PWM hits the mean voltage.
To get lower wattage vapes you must pulse the output voltage on and off slower. So the noise.
with PWM you either have full output voltage or none.
I like DC/DC converters better.

I can make a pwm mod from scratch from my junk box.
Just a pot controlling the output freq of a 555 chip switching a MOSFET on and off.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one was an older mod, before VW came out, so only VV. Some folks heard that rattlesnake sound but I had two of the mods, and never heard it

Same here, no one to really play with. Used to play cards a lot, now mostly just online by myself. But it passes time :)

I was thinking about the Serpent mini earlier today. Just don't really have much use for tanks anymore.
Tanks and squonkers for me. I prefer a Tank while driving and such and a squonker for sittin and vapin.

Just put one in my FT basket and I have a birthday in about a week.
A few Orings and Driptips in there too.

I like these driptips a lot.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/5213000
Pretty open and comfortable with virtually no lip gunk buildup.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
all squonkin, all the time. Granted I don't do a lot of drivin these days, but still squonk when I do :D
Pulled out one of my 2 Smok TFV4's I won and got a dual coil RBA for 1.99 and it is pretty good.
Everything else I hav=d tried in the TFV4 had sucked.
Works nice in my $10 1:1 Kato clone.
that is a Serpent on there in this pic.

SAM_0151.JPG

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I find I just have no time to play cards, when I finally do find a chance the only game I can find is poker. I have a few friends that do a regular game every Friday night and the guys at work get a game going every month or so but I rarely make it to either!

I hear ya about not having any use for a tank anymore! I havent used a tank of any kind in over 2 yrs. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find I just have no time to play cards, when I finally do find a chance the only game I can find is poker. I have a few friends that do a regular game every Friday night and the guys at work get a game going every month or so but I rarely make it to either!

I hear ya about not having any use for a tank anymore! I havent used a tank of any kind in over 2 yrs. :giggle:
Back to cartomizers huh?
LOL

I use tanks but no factory coils period.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Car - to - mi - zer?!?!?!:confused:
Hey they got me off of cigs.

Try and find some in a B&M though :)

the tanks I use are Sub Tank Mini with RBA, Serpent and TFV4.
come to think of it they are the only tanks I have except for some 14 mm GS Air 2 tanks for the Istick basic. Not bad little tanks either. But factory coils only. so in a box they are.

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey they got me off of cigs.

Try and find some in a B&M though :)

the tanks I use are Sub Tank Mini with RBA, Serpent and TFV4.
come to think of it they are the only tanks I have except for some 14 mm GS Air 2 tanks for the Istick basic. Not bad little tanks either. But factory coils only. so in a box they are.
It was clearos for me. Started on the Kangertech Evod, did those for about 2 weeks before getting a Nautilus kit. Then the Atlantis on a mech(yup, had no idea how dangerous that was), then figured out that it was a bad idea and got my first RDA...havent looked back since lol

VU Sponsors