Become a Patron!

White Coconut Cake by Jason

-GR-

Member For 4 Years
I just made a 30ml bottle but used Cap VC V1. I don't have any v2 yet. I of course tried it fresh after the first shake and tastes great. Have it in the crock pot for a heat bath and will visit again here in a couple of hours. Thanks for the recipe Jason.

Mikhask

Member For 4 Years
Darn, again.
Have all but the FA-Coconut. from previous posts I see what I have TFA coconut won't be as tasty so will make this up without and wait until my FA comes in next week.
Note to Self: invest in Flavour Art stock!!
Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Made this with Game Over Custard at the same percentage, let it sit in hot rice til it cooled, gave it a good shake, and let it steep. Tried it in my dripper today after one week and it's ahhhmazing. I was afraid the custard was going to overwhelm it cause it's too much for me on it's own, but this tastes exactly like frosted white cake. Glad I made a big batch. Gonna vape some now and let the rest steep some more and see what that does. I'm getting CAP VC V2 tomorrow and can't wait to remix it with that.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to try this so bad. Just put in my order today so I'll have to wait a little bit more.

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love this juice. I only had FW Coconut so i had to up the %. Got to get some FA on my next order.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In my calculator, I raised the percents of Coconut and Marzipan to 1%, and Apple Pie and Almond to .75%. You can go higher if you want. Obviously the VC is the main player here, but the 3.5% of FA adds just enough to change it into something different.

Hi Jason and thanks for sharing your excellent recipe. I can only imagine how wonderful the real cake is that your mother made. I made it 5 days ago. It is a great shake-n-vape and just gets better as the flavorings have their little orgy over a few days time. I see no need to tinker with it at all as it seems to be a perfectly balanced recipe, but I was curious as to what the difference is if the %'s are raised to what you posted above.

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where did my coconut go? Made this a couple days ago and my coconut disappeared on me. Maybe it's the FW Coconut I used.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW coconut (and many of their other flavors) are very weak and lack "staying power." I actually used TFA Coconut Extra in this one (even though @Cramptholomew cringed....LOL!) and it was quite delicious! But FA is the one you really need here. ;)

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA coconut tastes like shredded coconut to me, and doesn't seem to dull over time. It even adds a good creaminess. I haven't tried it with any other coconuts, since I haven't had another that I liked. TFA coconuts are yuck to me. Haven't tried Caps or FW, but I don't think I need to at this point.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jason and thanks for sharing your excellent recipe. I can only imagine how wonderful the real cake is that your mother made. I made it 5 days ago. It is a great shake-n-vape and just gets better as the flavorings have their little orgy over a few days time. I see no need to tinker with it at all as it seems to be a perfectly balanced recipe, but I was curious as to what the difference is if the %'s are raised to what you posted above.

I'm not sure what you mean about raising the percents. I edited my original post some months ago to reflect my final recipe, and that's what I've stuck with since. If you're just asking about raising the percents to your liking, then that's up to you. I'd go in fractions of percents with the FA stuff though, say .25% at a time.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure what you mean about raising the percents. I edited my original post some months ago to reflect my final recipe, and that's what I've stuck with since. If you're just asking about raising the percents to your liking, then that's up to you. I'd go in fractions of percents with the FA stuff though, say .25% at a time.

Oh, I see. Sorry about that.... I misunderstood the post of yours that I quoted in message #208 above.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I see. Sorry about that.... I misunderstood the post of yours that I quoted in message #208 above.
Oh, OK. Now I get it. Duh. :p

Someone thought the amounts of FA were weak. Little did they know that I'd been tweaking the recipe at the same time. I'd raised the FA percents to what they are now, in the first post, and later edited to reflect that. That's where I thought they were best. Obviously, if you want more, add more! That's the good thing about DIY, make it your own.

I do a fair bit of cooking. If I'm making something new, I usually get 4 or 5 recipes and conglomerate them to make what I feel is the best amalgam of their parts. Then I add, subtract, and modify ingredients, etc. Same with DIY. Make it what you want!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One word....isnt enough. Mixed this with V1 custard, and its bloody lovely. Im not getting a massive taste of coconut, which Im glad of, but its there, Im getting a fairly sweet, creamy cake that tastes like it has some kind of glazed sugary frosting that pushes it to the serrrrrweeeet level that is just right, anymore and it would be shouting "I may be a vape but your teeth are still going to fall out", must be the post tweak but I think you have got this 9well my V1 version) blended to perfection, dont think ti can be improved as it is, just adapted, great stuff!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One word....isnt enough. Mixed this with V1 custard, and its bloody lovely. Im not getting a massive taste of coconut, which Im glad of, but its there, Im getting a fairly sweet, creamy cake that tastes like it has some kind of glazed sugary frosting that pushes it to the serrrrrweeeet level that is just right, anymore and it would be shouting "I may be a vape but your teeth are still going to fall out", must be the post tweak but I think you have got this 9well my V1 version) blended to perfection, dont think ti can be improved as it is, just adapted, great stuff!
My mom makes a serious buttercream frosting with just a hint of almond extract. I can practically taste it. This stuff honestly tastes as close to the real thing as a vape could get.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
My mom makes a serious buttercream frosting with just a hint of almond extract. I can practically taste it. This stuff honestly tastes as close to the real thing as a vape could get.

So, ummm....think your Mom would share her cake & buttercream recipes :D? Your recipe is still one of my ADVs. Matter of fact, I'm vaping it right now. I always have it in one of my tanks and have a minimum of 120ml steeping. Like others have posted, I have trouble tasting the coconut too, particularly when steeped for a month or so (even bumped up) - it's my oddball tastebuds. Yet, I can clearly taste the effect of the marzipan and apple pie. Go figure!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, ummm....think your Mom would share her cake & buttercream recipes :D? Your recipe is still one of my ADVs. Matter of fact, I'm vaping it right now. I always have it in one of my tanks and have a minimum of 120ml steeping. Like others have posted, I have trouble tasting the coconut too, particularly when steeped for a month or so (even bumped up) - it's my oddball tastebuds. Yet, I can clearly taste the effect of the marzipan and apple pie. Go figure!
I didn't use a ton of coconut, since it's actually NOT the major player in mom's cake. She only coats the outside of the frosting with the coconut. It's a supporting roll. Almond extract in the icing AND the cake - which is why both marzipan and almond. Coconut is there for the creaminess, and fresh coconut backdrop. Of course, if you want more coconut flavor, add more coconut!

**For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.**

Just like the name says...

9% Capella Vanilla Custard v2
.75% FA Coconut
.5% FA Apple Pie
.75% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond
This should be called "OMG Holy Shit it's Unbelievably Great" . I make some very good juices for friend that like sweet fruity complex juices that I'm not a fan of. I'm more of a dessert/bakery kind of guy. (RY4,Blueberry Muffin,ect) I've tried many cupcake and cake recipes that didn't work out.
THIS ROCKS Jason,thank you sooo much. IT'S my new ADV. I did a hot water bath for a few hours with shaking in between (Crockpot @ 140 till juice is at temp then into the paint shaker ) I did this for 4 hours and let rest. I HAD to try this after the first heat and shake to gage the juice off the bat......couldn't wait :)
That's how I came up with "OMG Holy Shit it's Unbelievably Great" . An instant fav. I made 300 ml and am looking forward to the custard maturing in the next week or 2.
This is the BEST non clone recipe I've made :) I can't thank you enough (and your mama) for this.
Sincerely, Jason "Vapedini"

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
**For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.**

Just like the name says...

9% Capella Vanilla Custard v2
.75% FA Coconut
.5% FA Apple Pie
.75% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond
Thanks Cramp.. Awesome. Just whipped some up!

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very very solid recipe! Thanks OP for putting this up!! Cant....put.....it....down.... Glad I mixed up 120mls of this right away. Probably do another batch that size tomorrow because this first one will not survive any kind of steep :)

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for sharing. I've been eyeballing this one for weeks and finally got some FA coconut. The small amount of apple pie makes this cake like. Every time I use that ingredient I have obviously been using too. Much. I love the effect that it gives here but am not actually fond of the flavor itself. It's a perfect background note.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Well here it is thursday, and my usps order of FA mazipan and FA coconut, that was supposed to be here this past tuesday, is apparently stuck in Colorado or something. So I'm sitting here not so patiently, awaiting those two little flavors to make this killer looking juice. Lol

Last edited:

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well here it is thursday, and my usps order of FA mazipan and FA coconut, that was supposed to be here this past tuesday, is apparently stuck in Colorado or something. So I'm sitting here not so patiently, awaiting those two little flavors to make this killer looking juice. Lol

USPS is incompetent to say the least. I have more complaints about them than I want to think about because they've pissed me off too many times. I think you're going to love this recipe and USPS sucks :)

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
USPS is incompetent to say the least. I have more complaints about them than I want to think about because they've pissed me off too many times. I think you're going to love this recipe and USPS sucks :)
Haha, no doubt, ya I can't wait, to try this recipe, I think usps targets random people for the dreaded "package delayed" attack.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
So mixed up a big bottle (finally), bravo the way these flavors meld together is fantastic, for a custard fiend, this suits me geat, thanks cramptholomew!

thorpemark1

Member For 4 Years
I got directed to this thread from my own asking for suggestions of what I could do coconuty with my stash, It sounds Awesome.. !! I have everything except the FA almond.. Should I up the marzipan a tad, or use another nut in its place (Walnut/hazlenut ? )

Thanks !!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got directed to this thread from my own asking for suggestions of what I could do coconuty with my stash, It sounds Awesome.. !! I have everything except the FA almond.. Should I up the marzipan a tad, or use another nut in its place (Walnut/hazlenut ? )

Thanks !!
I would NOT sub it for other nuts. Those dont belong in the original cake.I might up the marzipan a little, but I'd def get the almond for next time.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed this up yesterday and just giving it some time. Man does it smell good!
You actually don't need to let it sit too long. I still vape it everyday. I go through almost 100ml/week. In fact, I vape it right away. ;-)

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just made this max VG. Flavoring and the rest VG. All I'm tasting is the custard :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just made this max VG. Flavoring and the rest VG. All I'm tasting is the custard :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I've never made it max VG. Although, most things I HAVE made max VG have been lacking in the flavor department. Try doubling the rest of the ingredients, besides the custard. Except the apple pie - maybe only 1.5x that. That's my suggestion, but I don't know how it'll turn out.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to give it a try with the updated suggestions you posted on Oct 10th. Love the original recipe and it's one that I've made consistently since first trying it. Vaping it right now as a matter of fact.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to give it a try with the updated suggestions you posted on Oct 10th. Love the original recipe and it's one that I've made consistently since first trying it. Vaping it right now as a matter of fact.

UPDATE: I like the updated version equally as much as the original. The original seems to have more sweet 'icing' than the updated recipe and the updated version has slightly more body, slightly less sweet icing with a little more butter. I did add the .5% CAPS VC1 and increased the FA Coconut from 0.75% in the original to 1% in the updated version. I think I'm tasting less coconut in the updated version, but it's hard to tell really, but I don't seem to get that hint of coconut that's in the original. In any case, both versions are excellent and I'll make them regularly.

EDIT: After day 5 of mixing the new version, I am tasting the coconut more or maybe I've just been vaping too much of it and I'm killing my taste buds and they don't know what the hell is going on from one day to the next :)

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Jason and ALL,

Sorry I'm late to the party but congrats. I originally created this mix around 7 months ago and forgot about it. Then I tried it and the Custard tone was way to overpowering and it tasted like puke. I had originally used CA VC V1 at around 9%. BINGO, a new mix and the only Custard I used was Mama Js Game Over @ 7% and the rest of the ingredients as per your edited recipe. 50/50 @ 6MG.

I love it fresh! It's "brighter" than my old mix with just the right balance of flavors. Not to rich and not to light. I'm not even going to speed steep it in my UC as it's great just the way it is.

Thanks!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is the only recipe using CAP VC v2 (at 8%), that I've ever liked.
Tried it using with the v1 instead, but the v2 seemed better, strange...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the only recipe using CAP VC v2 (at 8%), that I've ever liked.
Tried it using with the v1 instead, but the v2 seemed better, strange...
The first time I made it I had no coconut so I subbed coconut extra. Loved it! Poor Jason about had a conniption, but I found it very tasty...lol!

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Lol! Well, if it would ease your mind, I've since acquired mega-mls of coconut and it's still one of my favorite vapes! :D
I concur FA coconut is def. At the top of my most flavors used list. The creaminess and just delicious coconut goodness is aaaaamazing. Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This sounds so good! Not sure how I missed this thread for so long. Now even more flavors I have to get! :headbang:

lkerr406

Member For 4 Years
WOW. I finally got around to this. Immediate shake and vape, this is cake. Now the wait begins to see just how good it gets.

VU Sponsors