Become a Patron!

White Coconut Cake by Jason

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping it fresh and can imagine how good it might be with a good steep. Think I'm going to make a big bottle and put that in the crock pot so it will be ready when I need more. How long do you suggest letting it steep? Sadly, I've ruined a few juices with holiday spice using the crock pot method so I've shyed using it since that debacle

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I happen to like V2 better than V1 for most things. V1 is good for some stuff, but there's something a little "drier" and somewhat sweeter about V2.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping it fresh and can imagine how good it might be with a good steep. Think I'm going to make a big bottle and put that in the crock pot so it will be ready when I need more. How long do you suggest letting it steep? Sadly, I've ruined a few juices with holiday spice using the crock pot method so I've shyed using it since that debacle

I don't crockpot anything with spices in it. But this one I can safely give 4 hours at 150 degrees (warm setting with the lid cracked gets me that temp). Then I wait a day or two.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Did you at least try it without the additions?

FA Coconut is great stuff. Very real coconut flavor. I don't like any of the other coconut flavors, but ESPECIALLY TFA Coconut Extra. That stuff is like weird coconut over cleaner, or banana boat skin tan lotion.
I mixed two versions, one following your recipe and one with Willmc's variations. Meant to load the kayfun up with the original, but grabbed the wrong bottle so I'm vaping on that one now. Either way, im sure to original is equally as tasty. ..and yes, you've described TFA coconut perfectly. It's the reason I wasn't a fan of coconut vapes until this recipe

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Jason, I just loaded up a tank of your original recipe and wanted to let you know it's fantastic. I steeped it in the crock pot for about an hour and it's even richer than the one I made with the extra additions. I'm definitely going to make a big bottle of this because it's just that good. Thanks for sharing this and thanks to your mom for being such a great cook!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jason, I just loaded up a tank of your original recipe and wanted to let you know it's fantastic. I steeped it in the crock pot for about an hour and it's even richer than the one I made with the extra additions. I'm definitely going to make a big bottle of this because it's just that good. Thanks for sharing this and thanks to your mom for being such a great cook!
Glad you like it!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As I'm vaping this (again) this evening, I'm seriously considering making a 4 ounce bottle of this - it's that good:D
I just made my first 50ml bottle of it last week. I dunno why I waited so long. It's already 1/2 gone.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's that recipe of yours. I've heard others talk about this and now I'm gonna make this as soon as I have time this week. Heck yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally mixed this up.Did a quick shake and vape. Its reqally good. Great combo of flavors here. Im really curious to see any change in a croc pot steep.

Certified "Badass Vape" for sure !!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its been 24 hours..... yeeaahhhh. This is mighty tasty. Its been in a dripper and Im just filled up an old Kayfun mini for fun. Good job with this one. I think Ill make me up a 4 oz bottle myself.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like the name says...

9% Capella Vanilla Custard v2
.75% FA Coconut
.5% FA Apple Pie
.75% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond
This looked so tempting to me, but I had no custard...I used 2% Vienna cream & 1% vanilla classic. I wished I h a d the capella custard...but had to try....gotta make do with what I have for a while. This recipe is the bomb. I do get a light white cake flavor..very good..Will try this with caps custard this spring!

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, does this work with Vanilla Custard (Cap) (the original) at the same percentage? I haven't bothered ordering the v2's of anything :) This sounds right up my alley though!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, does this work with Vanilla Custard (Cap) (the original) at the same percentage? I haven't bothered ordering the v2's of anything :) This sounds right up my alley though!
Honestly, I haven't tried it with v1. I think @wllmc has. I'm not a HUGE fan of v1. It's too buttery, IMO. That said, I don't see why it WOULDN'T work, it just might need longer steeping. I vape it fresh with the V2.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make it with V1 and it's awesome :) (It gets 4 hours in the crockpot - at least).

daath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to try it soon then! :D I'm a sucker for anything with VC :D

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know what's REALLY awesome? That you CAN try it now! You can go right to your site, search for my recipe that YOU posted there, click the awesome wrench link, and have fucking VapeCrafter make it for you while you both rake in the fucking bucks for my hard work (I'm SURE you're getting kickbacks, otherwise why else would you be working with them). Fuck that shit. I posted this for people to enjoy, not for people to sell. I expected maybe someone would steal it, and sell it for themselves, because people are shitty and disingenuous like that, but you and your VapeCrafter shit take the cake. Bad on me for ever posting my fucking recipes, naively trusting in humanity, and not having the forethought that this would happen. Bad on you for being sleazy.

And no, I don't think that this is OK, or that I condone this in any way, just because I admitted to being stupid for even posting my recipes. What you're doing is complete opportunistic bullshit, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Your ethics are complete and utter fucking stinking shit.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
You know what's REALLY awesome? That you CAN try it now! You can go right to your site, search for my recipe that YOU posted there, click the awesome wrench link, and have fucking VapeCrafter make it for you while you both rake in the fucking bucks for my hard work (I'm SURE you're getting kickbacks, otherwise why else would you be working with them). Fuck that shit. I posted this for people to enjoy, not for people to sell. I expected maybe someone would steal it, and sell it for themselves, because people are shitty and disingenuous like that, but you and your VapeCrafter shit take the cake. Bad on me for ever posting my fucking recipes, naively trusting in humanity, and not having the forethought that this would happen. Bad on you for being sleazy.

And no, I don't think that this is OK, or that I condone this in any way, just because I admitted to being stupid for even posting my recipes. What you're doing is complete opportunistic bullshit, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Your ethics are complete and utter fucking stinking shit.

A post so accurate,
it deserves to be here twice.

Especially this part:

"I posted this for people to enjoy, not for people to sell. I expected maybe someone would steal it, and sell it for themselves, because people are shitty and disingenuous like that, but you and your VapeCrafter shit take the cake. Bad on me for ever posting my fucking recipes, naively trusting in humanity, and not having the forethought that this would happen. Bad on you for being sleazy.

And no, I don't think that this is OK, or that I condone this in any way, just because I admitted to being stupid for even posting my recipes. What you're doing is complete opportunistic bullshit, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Your ethics are complete and utter fucking stinking shit. "

I'm really sorry you got screwed by the whole VapeCrafter thing, too, Cramptholomew.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A post so accurate,
it deserves to be here twice.

Especially this part:

"I posted this for people to enjoy, not for people to sell. I expected maybe someone would steal it, and sell it for themselves, because people are shitty and disingenuous like that, but you and your VapeCrafter shit take the cake. Bad on me for ever posting my fucking recipes, naively trusting in humanity, and not having the forethought that this would happen. Bad on you for being sleazy.

And no, I don't think that this is OK, or that I condone this in any way, just because I admitted to being stupid for even posting my recipes. What you're doing is complete opportunistic bullshit, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Your ethics are complete and utter fucking stinking shit. "

I'm really sorry you got screwed by the whole VapeCrafter thing, too, Cramptholomew.
Thanks HIC. This kind of shit is why we can't have nice things.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is about as wrong as it gets. Jason posts a recipe (or anyone else for that matter), daath's calculator says 'hey want us to make it for you.' Vapecrafter makes it, profits from it, and what's the point of DIY. And unfortunately all those who did want to DIY will suffer, because the talented recipes makers will just stop posting altogether.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Vapecrafter. In our very own Hall of Shame. So they take recipes posted by people here, take the money from people when they order a recipe and not send it out for 2 months, or possibly never. Or you might get a refund. Who would support people like that?

Thanks for linking to that, Huck. I didn't realize VapeCrafter was literally ripping off customers like that! Incredible.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Couldnt have said it better. But you know people will call us elitist and cry babies because we dont want others selling our recipes for profit. Maybe we should just contact every eliquid supplier and just send them all our recipes for their proffit since they obviously cant make juice on their own. DIY went from average joes making and sharing recipes to con artist and thiefs using generous peoples hard work to profit. Did you see vapercraft even sells wholesale. Thats lucky. Now someone could make a living without even having to do any mixing at all. Fuckin bullshit. Have at it people. Call me elitist call me a whinner call me whatever all i can say is we are officially being robbed by our peers with the aproval of our peers.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh my! I've used that site but set recipes to private. I'm going to delete it all, even tho others should not be able to view it. Just incase & for principle. drops work easier for me anyway. What a bunch of FULL SHITTY DINGLE BERRIED SMELLING FULL ASSES!! Do u know that you can donate to the site? Remember kids who fill Brown bags with dog shit, place it on the front porch and light it on fire? That's what they deserve! I'm so sorry for you all. Idk what else to say.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
J I can't wait to try this as written w the caps v2 custard. After 2 weeks w the Vienna and vanilla classic it is real good, I can't wait till March when I can try the real deal.

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just tried this. Awesome work man and thanks for the recipe. I love coconut cake. Makes me want to cook up a coconut cake with toasted coconut on top. I'm a newbie around here and I appreciate all you guys. I was doubtful about getting into diy until I came here and read alot of posts and especially HIC's notes on flavourart (Thank you HIC for the notes and for making my bank account hurt). I hope I can contribute back to you guys but I am still getting the hang of percentages and what not. I hate that people are taking your recipes and profiting off of it.

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to you... Dave :) What a nice post!

Thank you. I admit I lurked here for a while before posting. Got a bonus for xmas and was torn between buying juice or getting into DIY. You guys made my mind up. Looking back I should have just bought juice lol cause this is an expensive hobby. Im not sure what my mailman thinks as I am constantly ordering flavors and it seems like I am getting a package all the time now. Gotta slow down on the flavors! I bought mostly flavourart as they sounded as if they were the safer bet (Diketones and what not).

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. I admit I lurked here for a while before posting. Got a bonus for xmas and was torn between buying juice or getting into DIY. You guys made my mind up. Looking back I should have just bought juice lol cause this is an expensive hobby. Im not sure what my mailman thinks as I am constantly ordering flavors and it seems like I am getting a package all the time now. Gotta slow down on the flavors! I bought mostly flavourart as they sounded as if they were the safer bet (Diketones and what not).
That's awesome! I feared DIY working w nicotine. But when I viewed a video of a man mixing w/o gloves on I thought it mustn't be too dangerous and gave it a go. I haven't yet tried a recipe here I haven't liked and they are so much better than what I bought from venders. Everyone here is so generous and wonderful!

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's awesome! I feared DIY working w nicotine. But when I viewed a video of a man mixing w/o gloves on I thought it mustn't be too dangerous and gave it a go. I haven't yet tried a recipe here I haven't liked and they are so much better than what I bought from venders. Everyone here is so generous and wonderful!

I got a 50ml 100mg nic from Nude Nicotine. I been too scared to try mixing it w/o gloves. I heard that nic is quickly absorbed into the skin so I was a bit fearful of getting nic sick from my clumsiness.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a 50ml 100mg nic from Nude Nicotine. I been too scared to try mixing it w/o gloves. I heard that nic is quickly absorbed into the skin so I was a bit fearful of getting nic sick from my clumsiness.
I decided on 60 mg from vaportek. I hear both companies are good. I got a lower dose due to fear & I use gloves too. I just figured if this other guy was so careless I could easily do it carefully. Mostly fa hear too! Nice to meet u

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can just wear nitrile gloves. Or work in the sink (which I do), so any dribbles can quickly be washed off!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep, I mix next to my sink. I'm careful, don't get me wrong. Nearly threw myself into a panic attack the first time I ever mixed with 100mg. There was no need, I lived. I could probably use more caution than I do, but I'd probably die from the stuff I work with quicker than the stuff I mix with. Base mixing also lessens time handling higher strength nic. Do what you feel most comfortable with, at all times.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sounds amazing. I'm going to order the flavors and try it right away.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DEATH, would you please think about deleting others recipes you have posted to this site? They have been so generous to share here on this site and only want the recipes posted here & used for personal use, not personal profit gain. Perhaps you were unaware of this or unaware that all can view the recipes you posted here. I know it's the internet and you can chose to do as you wish, but since they so clearly stated their feelings it would be considerate of you to respect them now that you know. I too plugged in some of others recipes here to calculate, but set them to private. After reading this and other linked posts I deleted all recipes, even private on principle. I don't believe they were able to be viewed, but then again someone created the site & probably has full access to everything posted. This did not even cross my mind as I used this site. I am truly sorry if anything I posted as private was ever seen, I figured private meant private, but that is not so in a world with the devil loose in it. I am truly sorry.

buckethead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixed this up a few days ago finally and it is pretty dang good. Thanks for the share! My taste buds are having trouble picking up anything but the VC though. Would it be better to drop the VC % or raise the FA %? This is my first real go with FA flavorings.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Color me stupid but I've been using that site for a while and only noticed the VapeCrafter service after reading all this. tbh I can't imagine anyone with the initiative to peer that far into the internet to not just mix it themselves, but I guess that's besides the point.

As a database for flavor reviews and recipes I've found the site really useful and it would be more useful if more people used it. And the opportunistic nature of profiting from an unknowing party isn't right either. Both the database and forum formats are really useful imo, it would be great if we could merge them a bit hypothetically. So much info and thread pages are time consuming to comb through :p I know I'm complaining

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed this up a few days ago finally and it is pretty dang good. Thanks for the share! My taste buds are having trouble picking up anything but the VC though. Would it be better to drop the VC % or raise the FA %? This is my first real go with FA flavorings.
In my calculator, I raised the percents of Coconut and Marzipan to 1%, and Apple Pie and Almond to .75%. You can go higher if you want. Obviously the VC is the main player here, but the 3.5% of FA adds just enough to change it into something different.

buckethead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my calculator, I raised the percents of Coconut and Marzipan to 1%, and Apple Pie and Almond to .75%. You can go higher if you want. Obviously the VC is the main player here, but the 3.5% of FA adds just enough to change it into something different.

Thanks for the help bud. Really good recipe to play with.

Bambua

Member For 4 Years
After reading this I made my own calculator in google spreadsheets. The math is pretty easy. Would be happy to share once I get some more polish on it.

To the original topic it looks awesome and as soon as my coconut and custard gets here I will be trying it. Tempted to try to get from this to a German chocolate cake as well :)

Thanks for posting :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I
After reading this I made my own calculator in google spreadsheets. The math is pretty easy. Would be happy to share once I get some more polish on it.

To the original topic it looks awesome and as soon as my coconut and custard gets here I will be trying it. Tempted to try to get from this to a German chocolate cake as well :)

Thanks for posting :)
I found out thru members here it's fine to use the site, just be respectful and set recipes to private. No one can view them but you then. I was told I did nothing wrong but always set others recipes to private.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I

I found out thru members here it's fine to use the site, just be respectful and set recipes to private. No one can view them but you then. I was told I did nothing wrong but always set others recipes to private.
This^
I was mad because Daath had taken this recipe and posted it publicly on that site without my knowledge.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This^
I was mad because Daath had taken this recipe and posted it publicly on that site without my knowledge.
I understand completely, I just wanted to make sure if I set to private it was, which I was assured was the case. I would never wish to wrong anyone here and needed to make sure I hadn't. Despite the few butts out there, I have to believe in those of us who have morals & respect for others. Just bc someone can do something don't make it right. Just bc it might b easier don't make it right either. People should b respectful. And J, thanks for sharing this. I'm ordering the cap v2 in March... Counting days down till I can taste this and Smokys snow!

davesnothear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I honestly never even use that site for my recipes. It has so many recipes that you really dont even know if any are of quality. The ones I have looked at seemed to be rated by the person that uploaded the recipe and none others. Between here, reddit (not as good as here), and me dabbling with mixes (And ultimately wasting juice; btw if anyone wants a burned popcorn juice hit me up lol). If it wasn't for this site and me lurking here a couple weeks before xmas then I probably would have never even bought diy supplies. So thanks to all you and especially HIC; you inspired me from reading your notes/recipes. I hate it that alot of people are going to stop posting in fear of a underhanded company making money off their hard work. Once I get a few recipes nailed down I will post them up (working on a red/white/blue cake, tinkering with a sherbert, and ultimately failing at a banana pudding). Anyways thanks again to everyone.

VU Sponsors