**For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.**

Just like the name says...

9% Capella Vanilla Custard v2
1% FA Coconut
.5% FA Apple Pie
.75% FA Marzipan
.5% FA Almond

(Optional .5% Caps Vanilla Custard v1. It's not much, but ups the buttery factor just enough.)

Edited 10/10/2015: upped the coconut to 1%. Added optional VC v1.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Jason, that's the most creative use of the crust/bakery note in FA Apple Pie that I've ever seen.
I know the coconut/marzipan/almond is a delicious combination, so I'm looking forward to trying this one. Thank you for posting it!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ill be mixing this up this evening. thanks for sharing! Ill report back

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Jason, thanks to you and your mom for my morning vape! I just mixed it, vaping it fresh in a protank.

I'm surprised this little bit of FA Coconut shines through so strongly. Coconut with Marzipan/Almond has been a favorite combination for me, and it's great here.

Do you think the Vanilla Custard flavor is lending Apple Pie a hand in this cake effect? I'll do an experiment next time, using 2% FA Vienna Cream in place of the Capella. Really interesting flavor interactions going on here - thanks for sharing this!

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, sounds really good though I'm out of vanilla custard completely. Should be getting some of the new v2 soon (I hope), until then I'll have to wait :).

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Jason, thanks to you and your mom for my morning vape! I just mixed it, vaping it fresh in a protank.

I'm surprised this little bit of FA Coconut shines through so strongly. Coconut with Marzipan/Almond has been a favorite combination for me, and it's great here.

Do you think the Vanilla Custard flavor is lending Apple Pie a hand in this cake effect? I'll do an experiment next time, using 2% FA Vienna Cream in place of the Capella. Really interesting flavor interactions going on here - thanks for sharing this!

I think it's a combo of the custard, pie, and especially the creamy buttery coconut. Dunno how FA makes that coconut sans diketones.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
dude, finally got my lazy ass to mix this up. used caps V1 since I always have 120ml mixed up at 7.5%. pulled out 12mls and just added the rest of the flavors but Im sure its the same. anyways very good , I like it alot. thanks for sharing

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mmmm man oh man back for a second comment, Ill be making this in larger batches for sure. this 12 mls will be gone by the end of the day.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Ditto to your great creativity. It would never dawn on me to use the FA Apple Pie for the crusty/bakery note and I've mixed CA Vanilla Custard a zillon ways. Cant wait to try this (need to order a few components) and will report back.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so I was afraid I was going to kill this recipe but thought what the heck, so when I was down to 6 mls I just added one drop each of FA caramel, FA butterscotch , FA jamaican rum and that was good so I thought well lets add a drop of FA vienna cream , FA fresh cream and FA espresso. mmm.... going to stop here but this is a very versatile recipe for sure . thats alot of flavoring, thanks VT nic ! lol

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so I was afraid I was going to kill this recipe but thought what the heck, so when I was down to 6 mls I just added one drop each of FA caramel, FA butterscotch , FA jamaican rum and that was good so I thought well lets add a drop of FA vienna cream , FA fresh cream and FA espresso. mmm.... going to stop here but this is a very versatile recipe for sure . thats alot of flavoring, thanks VT nic ! lol
Will, try some kinda lime and let me know what kinda key lime pie you get.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Just mixed and even fresh it's outstanding. Mucho mucho thanks. ----> I'm gona give this jem a sauna bath in my UC because I have found that Vanilla Custard smothes out a bit after the bath. That's just me /lol Anyone else report on steeping this gem?

:)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone give me an opinion... I didn't like the Caps Custard. Totally reminded me of Nickoticket's CLS, which I also didn't like, minority, I know. I still have the bottle, so would subbing something like Vanilla Classic work, or no?

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone give me an opinion... I didn't like the Caps Custard. Totally reminded me of Nickoticket's CLS, which I also didn't like, minority, I know. I still have the bottle, so would subbing something like Vanilla Classic work, or no?

Not sure to be honest. I'm supposed to be getting my Capella order in today, so I'll be able to test the OP's version (finally), though since vanilla classic doesn't really hit home with all the buttery notes that are common with custards, I'd say it wouldn't work as well. It most likely wouldn't be a bad swap by any means, as I love the flavor from Vanilla Classic, especially once it's had a few days to age and meld together, but there's major differences between the two flavors.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hiya Jonathan! It would be an injustice to Jason for me to change it. I'll make it to spec and go from there. According to wllmc's post, there's room to play, as well.

Thanks for your input!

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hiya Jonathan! It would be an injustice to Jason for me to change it. I'll make it to spec and go from there. According to wllmc's post, there's room to play, as well.

Thanks for your input!

No problem! FedEx just dropped over my order, so once I get a chance, I'll be making it as well. Much like yourself, Capella VC, to me, has been iffy. I kinda like it better fresh. When it has time to age and darker, it just doesn't taste the same to me and made me a bit nauseous, so you're not in the minority :).

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn Jason. Didn't think I'd find a use for this Vanilla Custard without PIFing it. This is really nice. Thank your Mom for me, please :)

Very nice job!

I'm about to make it now. I had to make a new positive connection for my Tobecco Panzer Black Hawk clone. They really screwed that one up by putting both a 510 screw and an adjustable screw in the top cap. I've been having to adjust it down so much the secondary screw almost falls out, but no more!

Stopped by home depot to get some brass screws and basically just rethreaded the delrin with the new screw. Then to chopping it down to size and bingo! No more connection issues and the head of the screw is the size of the flat top metal portion of the 18650 in it....Gotta love home fixes on a clone.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Having just tested Vanilla Custard v2 @ 10% as a standalone, I can see why it'd be used in this recipe - great call :). The strength of the flavor comes off as if it's been almost cut in half (compared to the original) and it has a cake like vanilla flavor to it (it seems the "custard notes" boost the flavor profile, but also add to the chemically taste - which isn't present in this version). I don't get the plastic flavor that others were talking about (in other threads), even on lower ohm builds, so I can't really comment there, but overall, I think it was a good choice for this one :).

As a standalone, I almost feel it'd have to be upped to 15% and I very rarely use any standalone that high.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, standalone just wasn't for me at all. Nope.

It's not bad, but it is quite a bit weaker IMO. For mixer recipes, it's nice - though it's definitely not a shake & vape like the v1 is (just depends on if you can tolerate the chemical aspect of v1 fresh :)).

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have been playing around with your recipe still ha. I tried splitting it the custard with french vanilla V2. 4% of each. I always thought french vanilla and vanilla custard were fairly similar but it changes this recipe a lot I think. all custard is way better. i have tried lots of different mixing and steep methods also and the best so far is adding flavor to naturally steeped V1. its so sweet in taste right off the bat when you add drops of flavor art to a bottle of V1 custard thats been sitting a long time. I am not sure I have tasted a vape that sweet ever. vaping at .3 ohms is crazy good. this is one I will forever play with . thanks again for sharing this.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been playing around with your recipe still ha. I tried splitting it the custard with french vanilla V2. 4% of each. I always thought french vanilla and vanilla custard were fairly similar but it changes this recipe a lot I think. all custard is way better. i have tried lots of different mixing and steep methods also and the best so far is adding flavor to naturally steeped V1. its so sweet in taste right off the bat when you add drops of flavor art to a bottle of V1 custard thats been sitting a long time. I am not sure I have tasted a vape that sweet ever. vaping at .3 ohms is crazy good. this is one I will forever play with . thanks again for sharing this.
I think I might have to buy a REO just for this recipe...

memvapr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well God bless your Mama Mr. C... just blew through three mls of this and going back for more!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
cramptholomew made a little magic here right lol

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This made the V2 almost vapeable for me - in fact I was able to finish the 6ml sample LOL Still don't care for that funky custard, but if I had nothing else to vape I could actually vape it using this recipe :D Very clever use of flavorings!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This really, really, surprised me, it's very good.
It didn't sound good, I mean I thought it would be just ok.
You got a winner here.
Thanks

This sounds so good, so I made it and all i can taste is the custard with a very light sweet taste. I cant taste any coconut at all. Should i try and up up the %'s? Seems like I get this a lot when i try to use fa flavorings. 70/30 vg/pg vt nic

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
time to bump this up. on that cramps custard again....... mother ef its so good.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Evening guys, just a quick question, since I don't have anything from CA yet, will it change too much if I use FA custard instead?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yup what he said

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I don't have almond will a slight boost in marzipan work?

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dayummm..... I think I just have to copy the recipe and wait until next batch :(

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Just mixed this up and added some Vienna cream, butterscotch, Jamaican rum and espresso. Reworked the kayfun and loving it! This is the fist recipe I've made with cap VCV2 that I actually like. Thanks for sharing"

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jason, this recipe ended up renewing my love affair with custard! I've already gone through two 30ml bottles of the stuff :) Strange thing is that for months I suddenly couldn't stand the taste or smell of Caps custard, but I ended up buying a 4 ounce bottle of the Caps V1, because I love this recipe so much:D

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
That's really interesting AmandaD. I bet it's even better with Capps VCV1. I wonder what happened to change this for you...funny how that works. I've been looking for some v1 but can only find it on Capps website. Does anyone know who might stock it?

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Strange thing for me is that I wasn't a big coconut lover, but for some odd reason this recipe resonates with my tastebuds. I think too that FA coconut makes all the difference. TFA coconut extra only works for me in very small doses and for very brief periods. I could chain vape this all day, with or without a shot of espresso

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Strange thing for me is that I wasn't a big coconut lover, but for some odd reason this recipe resonates with my tastebuds. I think too that FA coconut makes all the difference. TFA coconut extra only works for me in very small doses and for very brief periods. I could chain vape this all day, with or without a shot of espresso
Did you at least try it without the additions?

FA Coconut is great stuff. Very real coconut flavor. I don't like any of the other coconut flavors, but ESPECIALLY TFA Coconut Extra. That stuff is like weird coconut over cleaner, or banana boat skin tan lotion.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's really interesting AmandaD. I bet it's even better with Capps VCV1. I wonder what happened to change this for you...funny how that works. I've been looking for some v1 but can only find it on Capps website. Does anyone know who might stock it?

Yup, I got the 4 ounce bottle from Bull City Vapor! They also carry it at EcigExpress. But both places are sometimes out of it. I do like it better than the V2 - I have a small bottle of that one.

VU Sponsors