Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well these arrived... time to build one
8eab437b6176b017042797db80cca254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm betting at least part of it is the fact of the negative posts being milled right into the deck. Are you going to put the copper positive post in?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm betting at least part of it is the fact of the negative posts being milled right into the deck. Are you going to put the copper positive post in?

It’s in... I need to take it part anyway... and clean it before I vape on it.

Clean up my time keeper also or slap a series build in it and vape it on the Cricket

It still a great RDA for being nearly 4 years old, and they make a 30mm one also for those with the new fatty mods

I’ll have to get another drip tip made for it, the one I have for that proprietary opening fits fine, just taller than I remember, plus it’s blue and not black

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s in... I need to take it part anyway... and clean it before I vape on it.

Clean up my time keeper also or slap a series build in it and vape it on the Cricket

It still a great RDA for being nearly 4 years old, and they make a 30mm one also for those with the new fatty mods

I’ll have to get another drip tip made for it, the one I have for that proprietary opening fits fine, just taller than I remember, plus it’s blue and not black
Of course now ya gotta check the vd with the copper pin. You know that right?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what do you think of them both frank? sorry my alerts for this thread stopped popping up I’m pages behind lol
The Barrage is a good squonk RDA. It's hard to flood and all that. The airflow is pretty good or satisfactory for the way I vape. The flavor is good but hasn't been great. I kind of sidelined it, both of them (I have two Barrages) actually. My Elder Dragon is my single coil flavor my measuring stick. The Barrage isn't on par with it so far..

I put a dual coil alien build in the Axial (2x N80 3x28ga+38ga). Flavor is gooooood, like really good. I'm not sure if my coils are even positioned optimally. I got a tip in the axial thread I'm gunna try. But I also heard it's great with a single coil. I'm pretty glad I got one.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
no, it wasn't me. i had no clue. it was someone, yet to be disclosed, and their partner in crime, that you know it is.
said persons were in Cahoots to surprise and humble me, they succeeded on both counts.
and yes, i have been using it. and yes, it is very nice :)

Hmm, sounds mysterious. :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaperz Cloud had em a while back, but they're out now it seems. I can't find any for sale now. I found some pix from guys who had one, but none in stock for sale anywhere. The 11:11 used the same stacked section. You'd probably have to dig one up second hand. I got mine from @MrMeowgi with the mod. I'll keep a look out.
View attachment 151999

You super sized it? Looks very cool.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The pictures below shows two different types of switches. The one on the left is from a Vindicator 21700 and is not a constant contact switch; you can see the center contact that moves up to the battery when the switch is pressed. The one on the right is from a Mechlyfe Arcless and is a constant contact switch. You can't see the contact move inside the switch; the silver plate is always in contact with the battery and the connection is made inside the switch.
View attachment 152002

The switch is to make contact with the battery? So why do they call it a switch? It’s not a trick question, I’m just curious. Thanks.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you have the means to turn the inners of a mod to accommodate a 21700, I see no reason not too.

Now if said Item was a gift, I'd leave it unadulterated, 20700s are decent enough compared to 30Ts... please note I didn't say the same... they aren't in the slightest... anyhoo.

Stack sections are available if you need more oompff...

I am a believer if a single battery mech can't give you the vape you like... its time for series! Come on Bro, you wanna GO! lol Geico commercial Tangent, yeah so what ;)

Thank you, Don. I was the gifter!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The switch is to make contact with the battery? So why do they call it a switch? It’s not a trick question, I’m just curious. Thanks.

there are 2 types.
a "contact" switch = you push on the button, and it pushes up to touch the battery, to complete the circuit.
a "non contact" = the are contacts touching the battery at both ends "all the time". then when you push the button, the circuit is completed "inside" the switch itself.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
there are 2 types.
a "contact" switch = you push on the button, and it pushes up to touch the battery, to complete the circuit.
a "non contact" = the are contacts touching the battery at both ends "all the time". then when you push the button, the circuit is completed "inside" the switch itself.

So that’s the stuff that fell out when I opened it at the bottom. I’ll have to put it back together when I’ve got the time.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So that’s the stuff that fell out when I opened it at the bottom. I’ll have to put it back together when I’ve got the time.
I don't know where the term switch came from, but I imagine that it's because it's the mechanism that closes the circuit. The positive and negative poles of the battery are in an open incomplete circuit until the button is pushed putting them in contact with one another whereby the electrons rush out of one end, travel through the circuit doing the work that circuit was designed for and wind up in the other end. (Charging reverses this)

Just to clarify what @Jinx'd said, a standard switch has a moving contact that touches the battery to complete the circuit. A constant contact switch has a stationary contact that is touching the battery at all times and then a moving contact that touches the stationary one thus also completing the circuit.

What mod do you have?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know where the term switch came from, but I imagine that it's because it's the mechanism that closes the circuit. The positive and negative poles of the battery are in an open incomplete circuit until the button is pushed putting them in contact with one another whereby the electrons rush out of one end, travel through the circuit doing the work that circuit was designed for and wind up in the other end. (Charging reverses this)

Just to clarify what @Jinx'd said, a standard switch has a moving contact that touches the battery to complete the circuit. A constant contact switch has a stationary contact that is touching the battery at all times and then a moving contact that touches the stationary one thus also completing the circuit.

What mod do you have?

AV Abel. I kinda broke it. Edit: it’s fixable.

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I was being serious. I could follow your conversation, and learned what a constant contact switch is, in plain English. Made me feel a little less dense than usual.
Another example of why these tangents can be useful. People can learn from them. Where in an environment that restricts such deviations this information would be much more difficult to come by.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for unmasking Secret Santa. :boo:
I didn't unmask anything, you were already mentioned. Edit: hmm, well maybe not. Sorry about that. I didn't do it intentionally.

I really do feel bad and I'm sorry. This is what happens when I am over tired I guess. I wasn't paying attention. I truly do feel like a dumb ass.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AV Abel. I kinda broke it. Edit: it’s fixable.

Oh I absolutely love the AV Able, one of my favorite mods I will never sell.

Did you by accident, crack the magnets?

if they haven't cracked, ezpz to put it back together... just set the smaller in, and the larger in the button cap with the polarity opposing... then put the lil copper T contact in the housing... and put the button cap in and spin.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you did crack them... still ezpz to fix with a spring... just have to get a heavy duty one, or super glue the magnet for a temp fix when you order some replacement magnets from Amazon ;)

I add a dab of Vaseline to the smaller magnet... enough for it to stick to the housing...

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might just pick up a cheap series mech like the Arcless... only $68 and the Arcless for the price point makes a lot of high end mechs performance look like shit additionally, wont make baby korean jesus cry if you drop a $49 mech compared to a $200+ one lol
Although I haven't picked up any of my tubes in a couple of months I really, really like the Arcless. IT can't be beat for it's price point.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you break a tube mech? :rolleyes: What do you mean "broken?" That's a good one too.

I opened it from the bottom and the switch fell out. I’m not sure how to put it back together, but after the New Year, I’ll watch a video and figure it out. :pita::teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh I absolutely love the AV Able, one of my favorite mods I will never sell.

Did you by accident, crack the magnets?

if they haven't cracked, ezpz to put it back together... just set the smaller in, and the larger in the button cap with the polarity opposing... then put the lil copper T contact in the housing... and put the button cap in and spin.

It wouldn’t spin when I tried to screw it back in. I don’t think the magnet is broken. I thought the bottom was where you screwed in the battery, but I’m not hard on gear so it feels magnetic still.

It just bummed me out that I could t get it to stay together. I will figure it out, I’m just waiting until I have the time to learn how it works. I’ve got regulated mech type mods but they’re VW, so I know how they work. (Like an iJust 3 or Plexar that I used when I started vaping again.)

I put the mech away but I’ll dig it out and have another look. I kinda had a panic attack over it.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The cat wasn’t outed by me, though!
Rhianne, I did say I was sorry. and I mean that to both you and gadget. I own my mistakes, and yes. I made one. I honestly thought you both had already been mentioned. I do hope that most here know me well enough to know I would not intentionally ruin something that is supposed to be a surprise or kept a secret. That's not the type of person I am. I do feel quite badly about it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It wouldn’t spin when I tried to screw it back in. I don’t think the magnet is broken. I thought the bottom was where you screwed in the battery, but I’m not hard on gear so it feels magnetic still.

It just bummed me out that I could t get it to stay together. I will figure it out, I’m just waiting until I have the time to learn how it works. I’ve got regulated mech type mods but they’re VW, so I know how they work. (Like an iJust 3 or Plexar that I used when I started vaping again.)

I put the mech away but I’ll dig it out and have another look. I kinda had a panic attack over it.

I’m in bed for the night, but I’ll take pics and illustrate how the able should go together for you tomorrow

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
or you can get them here...

http://vvs619.com/store/AV-Magnets-Avid-Lyfe-Purge-Mods

If you like the button throw firm, get the N52s

This was my first attempt at a real mech, but usually I’m not a total dumbass with vaping. I just thought it would be somewhat close to what I was used to. I was surprised when the bottom and a magnet fell out!

That place has good prices on short fills. $4.99 for 120ml of 3mg base is really good. I’ve been mixing for a few months and I haven’t bought any pre made liquid since then. :yay:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a ton of places to get the magnets though... cheaper than vvs619... simple google can sort that for you
Thank you. I appreciate it.

WEll couldn't fall asleep, midnight here now... so I am going to talk you through this with some edited in pictures...

From your previous response, to where the bottom just fell out... that is the button with the threads... there is the housing that unscrews from the bottom of the mod also...

<Pic Location>

I'll try to add photos in order lol

brb...
c0e38f94342ff470483eadbaeedc323c.jpg

Marker is pointing at the button

8812e578a849b6f659fcebff69765f08.jpg

Market is pointing at the button housing

cde88dad0c3060a8ecf514b23f5915a5.jpg

Housing and button off the tube section of mod

d743264b203dbe46953f358c4af1b801.jpg

The 5 pieces of the switch, black marker to designate opposing polarity

7478b458a51c65f20fdbee2435008bea.jpg

Magnets in their places

b00d054432fed867c915c981a3285d4a.jpg

Holding the T shaped contact in place, getting ready to grab the button to screw into place. My finger is holding the T contact all the way down

286ad1752cc373bbd85cd21a03bc637e.jpg

Assembled...

Once you have it together again, battery installed, adjusted top cap for battery rattle, you have one MAJOR thing to do besides being within battery ratings...

Only unscrew the button at max, 3/4 turn...no more, sometimes less. Many have gone a tad further and bloop, button falls out

Hope this helped

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The Barrage is a good squonk RDA. It's hard to flood and all that. The airflow is pretty good or satisfactory for the way I vape. The flavor is good but hasn't been great. I kind of sidelined it, both of them (I have two Barrages) actually. My Elder Dragon is my single coil flavor my measuring stick. The Barrage isn't on par with it so far..

I put a dual coil alien build in the Axial (2x N80 3x28ga+38ga). Flavor is gooooood, like really good. I'm not sure if my coils are even positioned optimally. I got a tip in the axial thread I'm gunna try. But I also heard it's great with a single coil. I'm pretty glad I got one.
So many have reported the Axial is great including you now, gonna snag one after Christmas for sure

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There is a ton of places to get the magnets though... cheaper than vvs619... simple google can sort that for you

WEll couldn't fall asleep, midnight here now... so I am going to talk you through this with some edited in pictures...

From your previous response, to where the bottom just fell out... that is the button with the threads... there is the housing that unscrews from the bottom of the mod also...

<Pic Location>

I'll try to add photos in order lol

brb...
c0e38f94342ff470483eadbaeedc323c.jpg

Marker is pointing at the button

8812e578a849b6f659fcebff69765f08.jpg

Market is pointing at the button housing

cde88dad0c3060a8ecf514b23f5915a5.jpg

Housing and button off the tube section of mod

d743264b203dbe46953f358c4af1b801.jpg

The 5 pieces of the switch, black marker to designate opposing polarity

7478b458a51c65f20fdbee2435008bea.jpg

Magnets in their places

b00d054432fed867c915c981a3285d4a.jpg

Holding the T shaped contact in place, getting ready to grab the button to screw into place. My finger is holding the T contact all the way down

286ad1752cc373bbd85cd21a03bc637e.jpg

Assembled...

Once you have it together again, battery installed, adjusted top cap for battery rattle, you have one MAJOR thing to do besides being within battery ratings...

Only unscrew the button at max, 3/4 turn...no more, sometimes less. Many have gone a tad further and bloop, button falls out

Hope this helped

Thank you, Don. You’re a sweetheart. I just woke up but I’ll let you know how it goes. Have a great Christmas Eve.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, Don. You’re a sweetheart. I just woke up but I’ll let you know how it goes. Have a great Christmas Eve.
You'll get it. That's a great mod. Outta my price range, but a really good one :D Once you do it once, it'll be easy.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for unmasking Secret Santa. :boo:
OMFG and here all last night I felt like absolute shit when I was almost SURE it had already been mentioned. Well it had been! I knew I had seen it and here I thought I was losing my mind. @Jinx'd posted the picture before I mentioned it. So you mistakenly called me out for something I really did not do. Why am I even posting this? because I am thrilled to see I wasn't imagining seeing that and now I don't feel like a POS for blowing a surprise. I didn't!
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-handcheck-thread.733/page-467#post-2695740

So next time, please check before calling someone out and making them feel like crap Rhinane.

I'm outta of here for now I need a break I think. No no I'm not leaving or anything like that. I simply need a breather from this nonsense.

VU Sponsors