Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the end, like what you like.

I wicked it and it vapes ok...barrel got hot with the test .13 Aliens I use... was actually a decent vape with the honeycomb air flow wide open.

With the cyclops it had to be choked down a lot...

The heat soak only added to my voltage read dislike.

Again, you like it, doesn’t matter I don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Well I've got egg on my face!
I just retested it to see what was going on and out of 3 tests I got 3.24 3.25 and 3.26
This is with a 0.11 ohm dual coil setup.
All with a fresh battery.

7f6f4873ef26816642e7c6270efd0975.jpg

f1e7a3cb862419c0de6128798819fe23.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@~Don~ I ask this with all respect, but what atomizers do pass muster for you? What is the criteria for something to satisfy you?

I know it’s a generic answer, but build quality is #1

What falls categorically is

Voltage
Air flow
Heat transfer

Must pass voltage first for me to use it on a mech

Air flow must be smooth and whistle free

Heat transfer from chain vaping

I can deal with crappy screws, or a wonky post locations, not like any rda is hard to build on, plus screws are cheap to get good ones to replace crappy ones.

There are others things I consider, but those are the top 3

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Of all the rdas ive owned only 2...

X1 RDA and Goon V1 out of the box have passed my 3 base criteria.

Some have been filed and voltage gone up significantly (C2MNT - US1 V2 RDA as examples)

Biggest improvement was on the US1 which I posted a redaction over after filing and micro polishing the contacts

I might take the dead rabbit apart and use a small wire brush and remove the PVD gold coating off the positive block and remove the PVD coating off the 510 pin... it should increase the voltage, I just don’t think it will raise it from 3.42v to my 3.7v minimum acceptable.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of all the rdas ive owned only 2...
X1 RDA and Goon V1 out of the box have passed my 3 base criteria.

That's the answer I was looking for. Please don't get me wrong. My post wasn't intended to flame or criticize you. As you said, as long as it works for you is all that matters.

It must be very difficult finding something with such strict criteria.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the answer I was looking for. Please don't get me wrong. My post wasn't intended to flame or criticize you. As you said, as long as it works for you is all that matters.

It must be very difficult finding something with such strict criteria.

I didn't take anything wrong...and yes its proven tiresome as of late ;)

I know I can come off as brash, and speak rather straight forward and know a lot of people can take offense to me calling an item they like shit. But that is just me speaking my mind on rudimentary testing I do.

I talked to someone else about this recently, may of been gismit (Apologies, whom I have talks with, sometimes slip my mind) and he asked similarly what you asked.

Upside to the RDAs of late is they're cheaper than the RSAs I bought before that were equally shit lol Like $140+ range each, only difference with those, they were for squonking and not designed for high wattage vaping.

And I also have a control RSA as I do a Control RDA... in which all other RSAs are stacked up against.

I used to test mech squonks also, mosfet squonks and most of them, silver plated contacts or not, suck... its the nature of the beast though. The 510s are just added voltage loss points and dressing them up with silver contacts only changes the voltage against copper contacts at a minimal and I mean minimal difference, outside of cleaning said contacts.

A few of us in the Bonkers thread, especially myself, loved to always put the Pico Squeeze up against $300+ mech or other mosfet squonkers, and I think only 1 may of had better voltage at the time (18650) lil $27 squonker from China reigned supreme lol

Is the testing I do infallible? Nah, not in the slightest. But my methodology of Using the same exact coils in RDAs, the same mech, and the same battery against my control, only one variance is applicable (RDA) and there is no making up lost voltage.

Its simple yet damning to care of voltage, and reading others saying something hits hard, and you take it for face value... only to get said item and its garbage.

By no means cracking on Gadget... but its relevance is prime...

He said his hits like a truck at 3.26v, wonder how he would feel vaping one of mine at 3.7v+ (.12Ω) If a truck (freight train) is 88w (3.26v)... 114w (3.7v) must be a semi (The Sun) ;)

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't take anything wrong...and yes its proven tiresome as of late ;)

I know I can come off as brash, and speak rather straight forward and know a lot of people can take offense to me calling an item they like shit. But that is just me speaking my mind on rudimentary testing I do.

I talked to someone else about this recently, may of been gismit (Apologies, whom I have talks with, sometimes slip my mind) and he asked similarly what you asked.

Upside to the RDAs of late is they're cheaper than the RSAs I bought before that were equally shit lol Like $140+ range each, only difference with those, they were for squonking and not designed for high wattage vaping.

And I also have a control RSA as I do a Control RDA... in which all other RSAs are stacked up against.

I used to test mech squonks also, mosfet squonks and most of them, silver plated contacts or not, suck... its the nature of the beast though. The 510s are just added voltage loss points and dressing them up with silver contacts only changes the voltage against copper contacts at a minimal and I mean minimal difference, outside of cleaning said contacts.

A few of us in the Bonkers thread, especially myself, loved to always put the Pico Squeeze up against $300+ mech or other mosfet squonkers, and I think only 1 may of had better voltage at the time (18650) lil $27 squonker from China reigned supreme lol

Is the testing I do infallible? Nah, not in the slightest. But my methodology of Using the same exact coils in RDAs, the same mech, and the same battery against my control, only one variance is applicable (RDA) and there is no making up lost voltage.

Its simple yet damning to care of voltage, and reading others saying something hits hard, and you take it for face value... only to get said item and its garbage.

By no means cracking on Gadget... but its relevance is prime...

He said his hits like a truck at 3.26v, wonder how he would feel vaping one of mine at 3.7v+ (.12Ω) If a truck is 88w (3.26v)... 114w (3.7v) must be a semi ;)
He didn’t say what type or how big of a truck. In the end it’s all subjective. What you do and how you do it is up to you. Not tiresome, at least to me. While I’m not all into the numbers doesn’t mean it just as useful to another as it is to you.

My son is a lot like you seem. We both enjoy football, but he is into the stats and analytics. I just want to watch the damn game. He rarely actually watches the game. Oh well his love of numbers is paying most of his way to college in computer science.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Vape mail from last night, received Revenant Delta squonker from StrikesUSA; and two C2MNT clones, one SS and one black, plus some squonk pins from FT.

Built everything this morning and played musical RDAs, as usual when anything new comes.

Got this color Revenant. It's heavy-ish, feels extremely well made, has some clever features on it that work quite well. There's a nozzle on the bottom of the mod into which the eliquid is fed directly from a squeeze bottle, and the round metal button on top is the squonk mechanism. RDA is one of the easiest I've ever built, can take a coil or mesh, has good flavor and vapor. Worth more than I paid, definitely. They could have chosen better color combinations, but IRL it looks nice, even though it's going to be a fingerprint magnet.

upload_2019-12-21_11-48-43.jpeg

The C2MNT clones are fabulous once you get them built. Oddly enough, though, they have no markings on the outside of the cap. That's ok with me. I know what they are. Nothing to have to squint at and try to get to line up with the orientation of the mod! lol

I run these RDAs with single coils, and I haven't compared to the CSMNT, but something is different with the screws. Makes it a bit awkward to use a single coil. Leads have to be left pretty long, and coil has to be twisted in a weird way. Vapes great, just looks like shit, and that bothers me even though I don't see it all the time. I know it's there.

ETA: Screws come into the deck from the sides on the C2, but from the ends on the CS. Like the CS better for the way I build them, but if I want more RDAs, don't have much choice but to go with the C2s.

Last edited:

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The C2MNT clones are fabulous once you get them built. Oddly enough, though, they have no markings on the outside of the cap. That's ok with me. I know what they are. Nothing to have to squint at and try to get to line up with the orientation of the mod! lol

I run these RDAs with single coils, and I haven't compared to the CSMNT, but something is different with the screws. Makes it a bit awkward to use a single coil. Leads have to be left pretty long, and coil has to be twisted in a weird way. Vapes great, just looks like shit, and that bothers me even though I don't see it all the time. I know it's there.

ETA: Screws come into the deck from the sides on the C2, but from the ends on the CS. Like the CS better for the way I build them, but if I want more RDAs, don't have much choice but to go with the C2s.
Nothing on the barrel? So you were the one who pointed me towards HotEcig for the Radius V2 clone, and I saw they had the C2MNT clone, so I ordered it also. Interested in how they compare. Here's the one I got from HotEcig.
C2MNT15.jpg C2MNT14.jpg C2MNT18.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing on the barrel? So you were the one who pointed me towards HotEcig for the Radius V2 clone, and I saw they had the C2MNT clone, so I ordered it also. Interested in how they compare. Here's the one I got from HotEcig.
View attachment 151904 View attachment 151905 View attachment 151906

Only thing I see off the bat different with yours and mine is the insulator being black (not sure of the material used with yours) and my authentic being peek

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 151904 View attachment 151905 View attachment 151906

Mine looks just like yours except for the markings on the barrel, the deck, and the drip tip. I see no markings whatsoever on mine. My insulator is black as well. Material it's made of seems sturdy, has good weight to it.

Here are the two items I ordered from FT:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9714651
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9714652

Those probably weren't the best clones, but they're the ones that were in stock. FT does not identify a maker on any of its C2MNT styled RDAs right now.

Yes, you and I did talk about the Radius. Hope you're still enjoying it. I was vaping my black one this morning on a Wismec Luxotic BF.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine looks just like yours except for the markings on the barrel, the deck, and the drip tip. I see no markings whatsoever on mine. My insulator is black as well. Material it's made of seems sturdy, has good weight to it.

Here are the two items I ordered from FT:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9714651
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9714652

Those probably weren't the best clones, but they're the ones that were in stock. FT does not identify a maker on any of its C2MNT styled RDAs right now.

Yes, you and I did talk about the Radius. Hope you're still enjoying it. I was vaping my black one this morning on a Wismec Luxotic BF.
I still like the Radius V2 clone for what it is; it's a little too restricted for me, but a good quality clone and good flavor. I just keep going back to wanting more air flow. My go to for single coil is the Reload S but I really like the Axial as well.

Here's the C2MNT clone I ordered. Interestingly they show a peek (colored) insulator on their pictures. Hmm. Regardless, I'm happy with the quality of the clone. I've only had one build in it, a larger single coil. Going to put a dual coil build in it see how I like it. Not a lot of wick area for what I'm used to so have to play with it.

https://hotecig.com/Product/C2MNT-V...ldable-Dripping-Atomizer-wBF-PinSilver-151897

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a stainless Axial and PEI cap and a brushed stainless Unicorn and ultem chuff cap on the way. I also grabbed 3 silver plated SS springs for the MDX mods (2 bucks apiece) that also fit my Panzers. Oh yeah an 18650 stack piece for the MDX.

Grand total of like 45 bucks after shipping. I can't pass those deals up. Arkansas Liquids I assume were talking about.
You got lots of goodies! Yes these prices are insane @ Arkansas Eliquids :banana:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I won a Smoant Battle Baby pod kit in a contest about a month ago.
1222191201.jpg

I haven't had to swit h to USB C anything yet. This came with a lanyard that doubles as a charging cable. I assume I need different ports to plug this into-
1222191201a-1.jpg

I know a lot of people have been hyping these cords up. This is just a little pod, does it really need it? I would've prefered micro usb but whatever. I I gotta get used to these ones sooner or later if they're taking over.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 151953

I haven't had to swit h to USB C anything yet. This came with a lanyard that doubles as a charging cable. I assume I need different ports to plug this into-
View attachment 151954

I know a lot of people have been hyping these cords up. This is just a little pod, does it really need it? I would've prefered micro usb but whatever. I I gotta get used to these ones sooner or later if they're taking over.
C is always better and no you don't need a special port. The contact pins are just visible is all. You can plug it into any usb port.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
C is always better and no you don't need a special port. The contact pins are just visible is all. You can plug it into any usb port.
USB type-C is awesome; so much more than just a new connector. I have a laptop that I use one cable with USB type-C to connect when on the desk. With the right cable I hook up AC charging power, gigabit ethernet and an HDMI monitor with one connection to a docking station. One freaking cable with a type-c connection. Great docking solution for a compatible laptop with this dock https://plugable.com/products/ud-ultc4k/

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 151922

Got my aegis boost in the mail today I won on here. They want me to review it so I’m going to use it daily for a week or two and then review. So far so good!
Did you see what happened to mine? I dropped in the snow and it was out there for a few days.
1219191359c-1.jpg
1219191400-1.jpg
I thawed it out and it still works great. No visible water damage or anything either. Pretty tough, it was -10° at night when it was out there.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 151953

View attachment 151954

Some usb-c chargers still have issues. My pasito is usb-c but I can't use my car charger. Guessing not enough power to charge it. So I have to make sure I charge that one at home

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So it WAS you :D

A couple real winners right there. Nevermind how old it is, that mod is killer.

no, it wasn't me. i had no clue. it was someone, yet to be disclosed, and their partner in crime, that you know it is.
said persons were in Cahoots to surprise and humble me, they succeeded on both counts.
and yes, i have been using it. and yes, it is very nice :)

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
no, it wasn't me. i had no clue. it was someone, yet to be disclosed, and their partner in crime, that you know it is.
said persons were in Cahoots to surprise and humble me, they succeeded on both counts.
and yes, i have been using it. and yes, it is very nice :)
Very nice of them both! Good deal @Rhianne and @gadget!

VU Sponsors