Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
May be an image of 4 people, bicycle and text that says 'Your Mom thought you were riding your bike around the block for 8 hours. But in that time you went 5 miles away, explored an abandoned house, jumped over some garage roofs, attempted a ouija board, built a den in the woods and made your own fire.''Your Mom thought you were riding your bike around the block for 8 hours. But in that time you went 5 miles away, explored an abandoned house, jumped over some garage roofs, attempted a ouija board, built a den in the woods and made your own fire.'

This is really how it was when I was a kid
we only hit the field witha soccer ball from sun up to sun down

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember the family loading up the old VW wagon and going camping. Back then, the tents were real canvas, the good heavy stuff, with steel pipes. All that stuff, with a family of 5, in a little car, and it was good.

1000001917.jpg
This is what the car looked like.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and very reliable. I can't believe I ever drove a stickshift. In my old age I don't know if I could anymore.
I would say it's just like riding a bike, once you know how you can always do it. But that's just from what I hear, not actual experience. I was never able to get the hang of a stick to begin with. When I was learning to drive, my mom took me out in her's, after stalling out about 20 times in as many minutes, she said "Forget it, you can just drive your father's car until you get your own."
And that was the last time I ever tried to drive a manual transmission vehicle.

VU Sponsors