Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I bought from them before, the MD nano 22 is what the mod takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I asked Dillon because I saw his caps there and he said it's the new drip factory labs. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The MM tool will work on most of my mods, but it doesn't look like it'll fit the Armageddon. idk

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tonight I'm running .3 ohm fused clapton, ni80 2x26/40. Probably as low as I'd go for my own style. It's not too hot with the delrin cap, not sure about the stainless but it comes with both caps. Usually I run around .35 or .4 in my mechs. The air seems almost as open as the haku but smoother and quieter. I've yet to over squonk due to the step-down air flow and the flavor is splendid. I've got brand new rdas I received after this one that I haven't even coiled and tried. The One by 67mods/Pe Ma, the gr1... I know they can't be better so why bother although I know I'll build them eventually. Bottom line, I think I've finally found my bf rda unicorn for single coil, slightly restricted lung hits.

Thank ya sir. My single coils are usually around .4 so I think it would be manageable. Now I just gotta find one lol. My first squonk mod should be delivered in the next few weeks and I want to do it up right!

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You could of got the Priest BF Dna 75C board, its a copy of a high end mod ,
First pic from Fasttech of Priest BF 75 , they make 75c too second pic of Authentic mod on sqounk trader , jusr some slight difference between sqounker hole an no writing on side...
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.

However this one is a done deal for me. Payment has been made for the Inbox v3.

One issue with regard the the Inbox is that I got to hold one in-hand in a local shop, so I am familiar with the hand-feel. The Marvec is unknown to me in this regard.

The reason I sold my Drone was because it was too big and heavy and felt like I was vaping from a 3 lb brick in my hand.

Another issue with regards to finding info on the Marvec squonker, is that there just wasn't much, and what I did find was not over a span of time showing reliability and build quality.

Maybe it's too new, but the Inbox has had 3 iterations now, and by all accounts is a solid mod and holds up over time, and there's lots of reviews and user reports to pull from. If the chip dies, I can always source another DNA75 board and swap it out myself. This was also a deciding factor against getting the RSQ or the Pulse 80w.

Lastly, I dont use and never will use Facebook. They are an evil and predatory company that monetizes your interests while raping your privacy as often as possible. Even with a fake name, I am not feeding into their data-mining operations. I get along just fine without them. other folks might love Facebook. To each his own. I do not judge.

But remember:

'if the SERVICE is free, then YOU are the product being SOLD to 3rd-parties unknown, and you in fact consented to this as per when you ticked the box "I agree" when you created your account"

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Dillon has posted picks of his new line Haku Caps and I have to admit they look a lot better than the first run...and is releasing some tonight and more moving forward on the website... ( initial batch will come with matching DT )

upload_2018-3-27_11-18-45.png

Just some of the styles...

BUT!

Nick Ricotta is coming out with a Haku Cap also without the added beauty ring which I think I'd rather have... at the same price point.

Similar to this, and in Ultem and Black Ultem and other colors without the ring...

upload_2018-3-27_11-21-12.png

I prefer this style myself... probably pick up a black cap when they are available.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a quick question on the Pulse bf mod and the 18650 silicone battery adapter: It seems to make more sense to put it on the positive side and face the positive side down as labeled in the box. It is never addressed in the manual that comes with it but one of the official product shots shows it on the negative side. I know it doesn't technically matter but there is no definitive answer online. Any thoughts?
I use 20700's in my Pulse but have put the adapter on the positive side of the battery with no issues.

They show it on the negative end of the battery since it would be safer in the event of torn or missing battery wrap. If the silicone on the adapter was bad and that slug shifted, it could possibly hard short the battery.

You would be surprised what people use for batteries out there... :eek:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion.

However this one is a done deal for me. Payment has been made for the Inbox v3.

One issue with regard the the Inbox is that I got to hold one in-hand in a local shop, so I am familiar with the hand-feel. The Marvec is unknown to me in this regard.

The reason I sold my Drone was because it was too big and heavy and felt like I was vaping from a 3 lb brick in my hand.

Another issue with regards to finding info on the Marvec squonker, is that there just wasn't much, and what I did find was not over a span of time showing reliability and build quality.

Maybe it's too new, but the Inbox has had 3 iterations now, and by all accounts is a solid mod and holds up over time, and there's lots of reviews and user reports to pull from. If the chip dies, I can always source another DNA75 board and swap it out myself. This was also a deciding factor against getting the RSQ or the Pulse 80w.

Lastly, I dont use and never will use Facebook. They are an evil and predatory company that monetizes your interests while raping your privacy as often as possible. Even with a fake name, I am not feeding into their data-mining operations. I get along just fine without them. other folks might love Facebook. To each his own. I do not judge.

But remember:

'if the SERVICE is free, then YOU are the product being SOLD to 3rd-parties unknown, and you in fact consented to this as per when you ticked the box "I agree" when you created your account"

Amen to that whole post ^^^^^

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I finally got a squonk kit. A VT Inbox DNA 75 which came with the maze V1.1 BF RDA. It has 2 pins...neither of which are squonk pins! FML!!!!

That included atty sux balls anyway

While a big bummer - it would not surprise me if you found an atty you already own has a squonk pin - convert the atty you already like and you are in ;)

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I finally got a squonk kit. A VT Inbox DNA 75 which came with the maze V1.1 BF RDA. It has 2 pins...neither of which are squonk pins! FML!!!!

You can cheaply get a 3-pack of the 2 most popular threaded-sizes of M2.5 or M3 squonk pins from ModMaker in the UK.

This is where I got the BF pin for my Goon v1. They are longer than necessary so that you can customized it by filing/cutting or using the dremel to your preference to fit your RDA.

if you trim it, just be sure to burnish (or file smooth @ a 45 degree angle) at the start of the threads and remove any burrs so it threads easily and also to avoid cutting yourself as the edges will be quite razor sharp.

If using a dremel, it will be hot enough to give you 3rd degree burns on your fingers, so wait for it to cool or dip in some water to anneal it.

I had to remove about 2mm from the length for this to fit the Goon v1 without it hitting both of the posts in the center and connecting them, which would have caused a hard short.

Photo:
511-1-450x450.jpg

They also sell the hex allen key that fits these too, which is linked on the page for each.

Links are below:

For the M2.5 thread:
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...ts/RDA-Squonk-Conversion-M2.5-Screw-Pack-of-3

For the M3 thread:
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/RDA-Squonk-Conversion-M3-Screw-Pack-of-3

I bought a pack of each and the allen key too just in case, and it was delivered 9 days later to me in NJ, USA from the UK. So I was pretty happy with that. Especially since nearly ALL USA vendors selling a Goon squonk pin want $20 for the pin, and then charge $10 for shipping.

Total cost to me for these items, including shipping from ModMaker was like $20, because Royal Mail shipping was $14, but still better value for money that they USA vendors, at least to me, with getting 6x total squonk pins and the allen key to match them.

Also, the M2.5 bf pin fits the Velocity v1 nicely, which I have not trimmed the length so it leaves a bit of juice in the well since the exit hole of the pin is about 3mm above the bottom of the juice well. I like it this way.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You can cheaply get a 3-pack of the 2 most popular threaded-sizes of M2.5 or M3 squonk pins from ModMaker in the UK.

This is where I got the BF pin for my Goon v1. They are longer than necessary so that you can customized it by filing/cutting or using the dremel to your preference to fit your RDA.

if you trim it, just be sure to burnish (or file smooth @ a 45 degree angle) at the start of the threads and remove any burrs so it threads easily and also to avoid cutting yourself.

If using a dremel, it will be hot enough to give you 3rd degree burns on your fingers, so wait for it to cool or dip in some water to anneal it.

I had to remove about 2mm from the length for this to fit the Goon v1 without it hitting both of the posts in the center and connecting them, which would have caused a hard short.

Photo:
511-1-450x450.jpg

They also sell the hex allen key that fits these too, which is linked on the page for each.

Links are below:

For the M2.5 thread:
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...ts/RDA-Squonk-Conversion-M2.5-Screw-Pack-of-3

For the M3 thread:
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/RDA-Squonk-Conversion-M3-Screw-Pack-of-3

I bought a pack of each and the allen key too just in case, and it was delivered 9 days later to me in NJ, USA from the UK. So I was pretty happy with that. Especially since nearly ALL USA vendors selling a Goon squonk pin want $20 for the pin, and then charge $10 for shipping.

Total cost to me for these items, including shipping from ModMaker was like $20, because Royal Mail shipping was $14, but still better value for money that they USA vendors, at least to me with getting 6x total squonk pins and the allen key to match them.

Also, the M2.5 bf pin fits the Velocity v1 nicely, which I have not trimmed the length so it leaves a bit of juice in the well since the exit hole of the pin is about 3mm above the bottom of the juice well. I like it this way.

Hope this helps! :)

FatDaddy is where I usually get mine - much cheaper shipping sourcing from the US

http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
FatDaddy is where I usually get mine - much cheaper shipping sourcing from the US

http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html
Thanks for the reply.

Folks on reddit said in several different threads that the owner of the shop was negligent in replying to emails, and that orders had been delayed for months if ever shipped at all. It seemed that FatDaddy was unresponsive due to either some health issues or family trauma, but I dont recall the specifics. IIRC this was or is one-man show.

How recently had you purchased from them? How long to receive your items?

Back in January I sent them 3 emails, spread out over a 2 week period, that were unanswered, so after that I had no confidence that my order would be filled.

Thus I went to ModMaker.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply.

Folks on reddit said in several different threads that the owner of the shop was negligent in replying to emails, and that orders had been delayed for months if ever shipped at all. It seemed that FatDaddy was unresponsive due to either some health issues or family trauma, but I dont recall the specifics. IIRC this was or is one-man show.

How recently had you purchased from them? How long to receive your items?

Back in January I sent them 3 emails, spread out over a 2 week period, that were unanswered, so after that I had no confidence that my order would be filled.

Thus I went to ModMaker.

He was having health issues at some point - but I've ordered stuff from there no less than 10 times, always with good results - but also with the knowledge it could take awhile; mine didn't.

I did have supplies delayed from ModMaker (held up by customs) that took almost four weeks to resolve - twice

My last order from MM came from them within two weeks - I was shocked, lol

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
He was having health issues at some point - but I've ordered stuff from there no less than 10 times, always with good results - but also with the knowledge it could take awhile; mine didn't.

I did have supplies delayed from ModMaker (held up by customs) that took almost four weeks to resolve - twice

My last order from MM came from them within two weeks - I was shocked, lol

Thanks for the reply :stars2:

Well, I guess there is no constant nor guarantee with anything, since our experiences are so varied. I'm glad to hear that you had a good result.

I'd think that right now, just looking at their inventory offered, FatDaddy and ModMaker have lots of parts that nobody else has, or at a better price, so maybe it's good to keep them both in mind, and just pray for the best and hope that the fates are kind and the shipping vehicle has a tail wind to expedite the items in transit. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply :stars2:

Well, I guess there is no constant nor guarantee with anything, since our experiences are so varied. I'm glad to hear that you had a good result.

I'd think that right now, just looking at their inventory offered, FatDaddy and ModMaker have lots of parts that nobody else has, or at a better price, so maybe it's good to keep them both in mind, and just pray for the best and hope that the fates are kind and the shipping vehicle has a tail wind to expedite the items in transit. :)

My last MM order was to load up on parts to have on hand, so of course its the one that came lickety split, lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok pico squeezers. Trying to figure out how low can I build? I usually roam around.23-.25... Just checking though

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got home to my vape mail I got yesterday and built it. Gr1 is nice. I left the small AFC in probably try the bigger this weekend.
570be1a563438d5fea1b397204c0ba78.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Didn't you have a yellow door for that TD

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That included atty sux balls anyway

While a big bummer - it would not surprise me if you found an atty you already own has a squonk pin - convert the atty you already like and you are in ;)
I don't have another. I've never been a dripper, I've always used tanks.

I know I'll end up just buying another atty in the long run & I figured this one wouldn't be the best but I was stoked to at least try squonking right away. Still, I'm closer than I was yesterday?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't you have a yellow door for that TD

Yea but I modified it cause it looked dirty all the time. So now it looks dirty on purpose lol. Plus I'm ordering another soon. Mark said he changed some stuff on Shapeways so maybe get a better fit.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea but I modified it cause it looked dirty all the time. So now it looks dirty on purpose lol.

Yea my orange looked like it had a tinge to it so I may dye it another color if it won't turn muddy

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok pico squeezers. Trying to figure out how low can I build? I usually roam around.23-.25... Just checking though

I think the low cutoff is .15 I think.
The recommended max wattage is 50W but there is not any limiting function to keep it at or below that.
I personally ran a .1 something build to well over 70 watts with voltage being measured at coil terminal and using ohms law.

Just use ohms law and how brave are you?

Now how long it will last running over 50W might be an issue...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the low cutoff is .15 I think.
The recommended max wattage is 50W but there is not any limiting function to keep it at or below that.
I personally ran a .1 something build to well over 70 watts with voltage being measured at coil terminal and using ohms law.

Just use ohms law and how brave are you?

Now how long it will last running over 50W might be an issue...
Ok gotcha. May just go parallel instead of fused.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My last MM order was to load up on parts to have on hand, so of course its the one that came lickety split, lol
I guess the moral of the story is to plan ahead and order long before it may become a crisis to do without.

Years ago, I had spares of everything, but with a lower income now, this is not as regular an occurrence as I would like.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I guess the moral of the story is to plan ahead and order long before it may become a crisis to do without.

Years ago, I had spares of everything, but with a lower income now, this is not as regular an occurrence as I would like.

Yeah I'm hoping to retire a little early by the end of the year which will mean a dramatic drop in income - so I'm loading up on parts to keep my stuff in good condition, well parts and top of the line atomizers, can't seem to hoard those fast enough

Been vapocalypse stashing since well before the deeming regs were published, so gear is not an issue - especially being a mech head - except I always worry the atties won't last forever

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh think I gave mine away.
Single coil..
I would say a paralell 3mm 26ga ss316 start with 8 wraps that should be around a .25.
I do 10 wraps at .34 in my wasps.

Can't remember though how well those coils would fit a Hadaly....

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty decent deck. Just gotta figure out how long the coil can be and keep the legs good to mount
410ad86ea95048755da3c6bb8b3203de.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Pretty decent deck. Just gotta figure out how long the coil can be and keep the legs good to mount
410ad86ea95048755da3c6bb8b3203de.jpg

The mounting is where you definitely will run into issues - especially with the SXK

You might try flipping those top clamps to give it more surface to surface area to hold the legs

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea definitely flipping the plates.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't have another. I've never been a dripper, I've always used tanks.

I know I'll end up just buying another atty in the long run & I figured this one wouldn't be the best but I was stoked to at least try squonking right away. Still, I'm closer than I was yesterday?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Whats the reg pin look like? I have some extras laying around

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yea definitely flipping the plates.

Yeah you don't get much room. Literally the only thing i dont like about the hadaly. Still my daily driver though. This is a very small coil for me and only ohms out to .34 witch I just checked and can't believe I've been using it. Lol not as warm as I like but still a good vape.
dc71fdad10ceb4c68bd4af384e792f3d.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah not a lot of room. Ni80 might work better for parallel coils in that one.
bit higher restance per inch so less turns.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have ni80 26g? 5 wrap parrallel would ohm out at .26 and vape like a dream

Just SS24-30 and maybe some kanthal 28 if I can find it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

VU Sponsors