Member For 2 Years
tax refund time and I've got no clue what I want ;_;
How about any of these:
  • Limelight Gloom
  • Palm BF Delrin
  • USA MODZ Stinger (DNA75/75c)
  • Vapeamp RIG Mods mech squonker
  • Signature Tips SQ billet aluminum mech squonker
  • Analogboxmods.ca DNA75/75c/250/250c squonk 'kit' (but pay the extra $40 for AnalogDan to assemble for me)
  • Vicious Ant Spade
All are out of my own price range right now, but if I won the lottery, I would revisit this list with purchasing in mind.

PS: I got the tracking # for my Inbox v3 which should be delivered on Fri Mar 30 - YAY!

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about any of these:
  • Limelight Gloom
  • Palm BF Delrin
  • USA MODZ Stinger (DNA75/75c)
  • Vapeamp RIG Mods mech squonker
  • Signature Tips SQ billet aluminum mech squonker
  • Analogboxmods.ca DNA75/75c/250/250c squonk 'kit' (but pay the extra $40 for AnalogDan to assemble for me)
  • Vicious Ant Spade
All are out of my own price range right now, but if I won the lottery, I would revisit this list with purchasing in mind.

PS: I got the tracking # for my Inbox v3 which should be delivered on Fri Mar 30 - YAY!
Defo on the limelight ,
Would be a Freehand S stabwood mosfet for me,
got the money now,
but moving in next 6wks
so will see if i have it left still after then, with that and all the treatment misses has gone through
its whats held me back ,
The vicious Ant spade also looks great and a good price for a VA spade sqounker

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@shawn.hoefer I finally found my notes on the Aspire Revvoo.
According to what I wrote down on the day I tried it.It vaped too hot for me.It reminded me of vaping a Smok TFV8 or an Innokin Scion.Both of which I didn't like.
I would have liked it if it had vaped like an Innokin Axiom or similar.
I like my vape cool to warm.
Cold vapes just merely annoy me and hot vapes piss me off.I don't like going around with a burn on my lip all damn day.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@shawn.hoefer I finally found my notes on the Aspire Revvoo...
After watching a handful of vids on the Revvo with those disc coils, I figured that the capillary action into the wicking material would be intermittent enough to be frustrating and lots of dry hits, and then I saw that the coils are like $15 for a 3-pack, and since I am 99% rebuilding on everything, this was all a hard no for me. It's a neat idea, and I like innovative ideas, but I just cant deal with the potentional for a miserable vape experience, and also the high price of the coils.

I have zero tolerance for non-performing coil heads, and with rebuilding, I can fix and tweak anything with the wicking, or re-wick or rebuild and start again, and eventually get it right.

When I first got my Zeus RTA, I must have tried about 80 builds in 3 days before I found the sweet spot for me. After 1-2 hits I can tell if it's right.

In the end I went back to my go-to build for a mech squonker, 24g ss316L, 5-spaced wraps on 3mm, 0.25 Ohms, flavor just pops and nice enough clouds, works real nice in my Goon v1, Pulse 22, Druga 22, and ALSO in the Zeus...

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@shawn.hoefer I finally found my notes on the Aspire Revvoo.
According to what I wrote down on the day I tried it.It vaped too hot for me.It reminded me of vaping a Smok TFV8 or an Innokin Scion.Both of which I didn't like.
I would have liked it if it had vaped like an Innokin Axiom or similar.
I like my vape cool to warm.
Cold vapes just merely annoy me and hot vapes piss me off.I don't like going around with a burn on my lip all damn day.
Ain't that the lovely thing about vaping? We can all have our own style. I found it kind of dry... Not saturated enough... But I wasn't bothered by the temp.

The Maze RDA, OTOH, developed some nasty hotspots.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After watching a handful of vids on the Revvo with those disc coils, I figured that the capillary action into the wicking material would be intermittent enough to be frustrating and lots of dry hits, and then I saw that the coils are like $15 for a 3-pack, and since I am 99% rebuilding on everything, this was all a hard no for me. It's a neat idea, and I like innovative ideas, but I just cant deal with the potentional for a miserable vape experience, and also the high price of the coils.

I have zero tolerance for non-performing coil heads, and with rebuilding, I can fix and tweak anything with the wicking, or re-wick or rebuild and start again, and eventually get it right.

When I first got my Zeus RTA, I must have tried about 80 builds in 3 days before I found the sweet spot for me. After 1-2 hits I can tell if it's right.

In the end I went back to my go-to build for a mech squonker, 24g ss316L, 5-spaced wraps on 3mm, 0.25 Ohms, flavor just pops and nice enough clouds, works real nice in my Goon v1, Pulse 22, Druga 22, and ALSO in the Zeus...
No wicking issues that I recall.It kept up the pace pretty good but every 2nd or 3rd drag I'd be forced to stop vaping due to heat levels being somewhere near the lower pit of hell levels.
As for building I'll just buy pre-wrapped coils online some place.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ain't that the lovely thing about vaping? We can all have our own style. I found it kind of dry... Not saturated enough... But I wasn't bothered by the temp.

The Maze RDA, OTOH, developed some nasty hotspots.

Yep vaping is always subjective.
Dry...Interesting way to put it.
Speaking of all things (Maze) does the Inbox 3 come with an atty?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oh, I build EVERYTHING. I only use coil based tanks when they come with a kit, and only until the coil is used up.

Aspire used some sort of fiber fill behind the cotton in contact with the element. Vandy Vape just used cotton. The fiber fill seems to keep the liquid absorption equalized across the element. The Maze, not so much.

As to cost? I've run around 120 mls through the Revvo in the course of a month or so of intermittent use... I'd say that they're relatively cost effective comoared to traditional coil heads.

I liked it well enough, but not enough to buy any more coils. The original is still fine, and I have another, so...

I also have an idea on making an RBA head for it.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So I've narrowed down my list to the 3 atties I really want.
1) Oumier Wasp
2) Vandy Vape Pulse 22
3) Ample Vape Mace

I have no experience with the Mace.

I grabbed the Pulse 22 the day it was available at my local B&M. Whether squonking or dripping, I had the same problem with it - the juice wells are not deep/big enough such that fully saturated, I only get about 3-5 hits before the wicks are bone dry, and this is wicking hard and tight with the ends thinned/combed out as per Morten Oen on YT...

This is compared to the Goon v1, in single-coil mode, wicked the same, either squonking or dripping, I get about 12-15 very juicy flavorful hits and then the next one is a bit dry.

I will have a Wasp Nano in hand on Friday Mar 30 and a Nudge 22 in hand on Mon April 2 and can report back how they compare if there is interest. Please let me know.

I am spoiled by my Goon in many ways, and I know all of this is subjective, but if the Pulse 22 were a little taller and the juice well about 12mm deep, it would be much better. Once you get the build right (the coil has to be high enough that when looking thru the air inlet tubes you see the bottom 3rd of the coil, otherwise the air goes over the coil and the flavor is muted.)

WIth the air hitting under the coil, the flavor on the Pulse 22 is really good, but a bit less than the Goon for me.

YMMV.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Speaking of all things (Maze) does the Inbox 3 come with an atty?

IIRC, the Hcigar VT Inbox v3 comes either as mod only, or as a kit with the Hcigar Maze.

The one I purchased used from another VU member was the mod-only version, and he had a sealed, new & unopened Wasp Nano as part of the bundle. I had not planned to buy a Wasp Nano right now since I already had a Nudge 22 on the way from slowtech, but figured it would be nice to try and quicker than waiting on China while also saving about $7 on the cost of the Wasp Nano.

There was a frenzy about the Wasqueeze combo (Wasp Nano & Pico Squeeze) back on Dec2017/Jan2018 over on reddit, but some folks thought it was always too hot no matter the build because the coil is so close to your mouth with there being no drip tip, but the hole is a standard 510 size, so a 510 drip-tip can be added if you want.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no experience with the Mace.
:cry::(:cry:
I grabbed the Pulse 22 the day it was available at my local B&M. Whether squonking or dripping, I had the same problem with it - the juice wells are not deep/big enough such that fully saturated, I only get about 3-5 hits before the wicks are bone dry, and this is wicking hard and tight with the ends thinned/combed out as per Morten Oen on YT...
I hit the bottle every third drag when I squonk.
This is compared to the Goon v1, in single-coil mode, wicked the same, either squonking or dripping, I get about 12-15 very juicy flavorful hits and then the next one is a bit dry.
I don't recall ever seeing a review for that 1.
I know lots of people swear by the goon for flavor & clouds.
I will have a Wasp Nano in hand on Friday Mar 30 and a Nudge 22 in hand on Mon April 2 and can report back how they compare if there is interest. Please let me know.
I'd like that and thanks for the offer.
I am spoiled by my Goon in many ways, and I know all of this is subjective, but if the Pulse 22 were a little taller and the juice well about 12mm deep, it would be much better. Once you get the build right (the coil has to be high enough that when looking thru the air inlet tubes you see the bottom 3rd of the coil, otherwise the air goes over the coil and the flavor is muted.)
I think I can manage to accomplish that situation.
WIth the air hitting under the coil, the flavor on the Pulse 22 is really good, but a bit less than the Goon for me.
I'll see if I can find some reviews for the goon.
Mine seems to vary more than others maybe I should switch to decaf.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wasqueeze
That sounds like a very nice combo but I'll stick with the one @PaulS recommended , the Pico Squeeze and Hadaly. To that I added a ThreeDJ drip tip courtesy of @inspects.

Sounds fine!

The main draw of the Wasqueeze combo was the low price of entry (at the time) into squonking (less than $30 shipped via slowtech) and with the Pico Squeeze having some basic protections built in.

For a little while now there is the Luxotic BF, but that is 5x the price of the Squeeze, and funny to me as such for nearly identical function.

The Hadaly (if authentic) on a Pico Squeeze seems like irony to me due to the wide gap in price betw the two, but if it works for you, then more power to you - enjoy it! :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds fine!

The main draw of the Wasqueeze combo was the low price of entry (at the time) into squonking (less than $30 shipped via slowtech) and with the Pico Squeeze having some basic protections built in.

For a little while now there is the Luxotic BF, but that is 5x the price of the Squeeze, and funny to me as such for nearly identical function.

The Hadaly (if authentic) on a Pico Squeeze seems like irony to me due to the wide gap in price betw the two, but if it works for you, then more power to you - enjoy it! :)
Yeah, the Hadaly is an authentic. I had bought the SXK one from FT and we weren't getting along , then @JuicyLucy let me/us know there is a big difference between the authentic and the clone, so I went ahead and bought the authentic.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sounds fine!

I use high end atties on less expensive squonkers all the time, regular vapes too

Right now I am vaping an authentic Rose 3 on an old iStick 60 and a Nuppin on a CV

Have done the opposite too, Wasp on a Custom Classic, Merlin on a VapEast Pinoy :giggle:

EDIT: These are just a fraction of the examples, lol

Really, a good vape is where you find it :cloud:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds fine!

Luxotic can be had from FastTech for about $35, about 2x the price of a Squeeze. Luxotic is rated at 100w where the Squeeze us rated at 50w. In practice not sure it makes much difference, unless the board in the Luxotic is somehow beefier.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Little friendly tip, the Haze pile is a rather despised waste of a human being around here (or at least by some members here).

Thanks for the warning - those were the top 3 results when I searched on YT - I do not judge - just copy/paste 3 very different reviews was all...to get an blended overview.

I wont use Haze links in the future if it's going to inspire rage or get me put into the 'disliked' group.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Luxotic can be had from FastTech for about $35, about 2x the price of a Squeeze. Luxotic is rated at 100w where the Squeeze us rated at 50w. In practice not sure it makes much difference, unless the board in the Luxotic is somehow beefier.

I think it can accommodate larger batteries - too lazy to use google to see :teehee:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I use high end atties on less expensive squonkers all the time, regular vapes too

Right now I am vaping an authentic Rose 3 on an old iStick 60 and a Nuppin on a CV

Have done the opposite too, Wasp on a Custom Classic, Merlin on a VapEast Pinoy :giggle:

Sounds good to me. If you enjoy it, then I am happy too. :)

We are fortunate that there are so many options, yet we can also be overwhelmed by too many choices.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which ones are you getting?
The original ones. Found 2 for under $17 each at Gearbest with free shipping. Those seem to be a bit hard to find now. I bought the last 2 they had.
Kinda broke my 22 mm rule but I think I can handle 1 mm larger.

got spare glasses for them coming from FT, says authentic.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I explained how/where I sourced the Goon v1 BF pin here in a previous post to the thread and included where to buy:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/squonkers-are-bonkers.183977/page-678#post-2094644

@JuicyLucy also suggested another source in her reply to me there as well.
Ruh Roh just read all that and it looks like I'll give a hard pass on the goon.My bad hands couldn't handle doing that modification.Heck I couldn't handle installing a BF pin in the Haku-Clone I got.It still sits in pieces on my donation table mocking me.
If all else fails I'll give that dang Haku-Clone to my neighbor for some of his DIY e-liquid.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Ok, thanks for the info. Last time I checked the price on FT, the Luxotic BF mod-only was like $65, and that was before ECC 2018 in Cali a short time ago, so I guess the price went down since then. I was seeing it like $85 for the kit as a pre-order at the time as well on various other sites

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No worries, I doubt very much you'll get hate mail from any of us even if you mention him once in a while, you are new kid on the block and have no idea of what happened before.

Thanks for the free pass. I dont want to create nor get involved in any drama. Whatever happened before is truly none of my business.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it can accommodate larger batteries - too lazy to use google to see :teehee:
It's an 18650 capable "of 100W Maximum output while keeping it's power output based on the current battery state. The Luxotic showcases a small, compact design that is powered by a single 18650 battery (sold separately) and features a proprietary chipset allowing the device to run up to a maximum of 80W depending on the current state of the battery." That's from Vapor DNA description.....

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah we do not even hate people that like Rip.

Ha Ha! now that is truly tolerance!

Seems like Rip is persona non-grata in many places online where vaping is discussed. I guess nobody ever forgave him for shilling that miracle water that cures dry knuckles and such.

I use YT reviews to show me the close-ups. I consider most of them shills anyway, and do not get invested in their YT popularity nor the cults that follow them.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep!!

squeeze-haku.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use YT reviews to show me the close-ups. I consider most of them shills anyway, and do not get invested in their YT popularity nor the cults that follow them.
That's a very good way to go about it! We mostly do the same thing around here, then ask the people on the forum how they like a particular item. Odds are one or two of the members here have it and you'll get an honest opinion.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
yeah we do not even hate people that like Rip.

Speak for yourself Bub

Nah, to each his own, but I personally can't stand RIP, Jai or GrimGreen or most of those mainstream shills

But, there are few I can bear to sit through, little lone actually enjoy their assessment or actually take it into consideration their opinion

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's a very good way to go about it! We mostly do the same thing around here, then ask the people on the forum how they like a particular item. Odds are one or two of the members here have it and you'll get an honest opinion.
Yes, I've always put more faith in mere mortals that actually have to pay for their gear, and if it's crap or they are disappointed after being seduced by all the hype, you get a more honest opinion.

This of course is balanced with knowing full well that we each likely have a different 'vaping style', like right here in this thread, yes we all squonk, but I'd bet there are more differences betw each of our faves than those we have in common...

But it's really nice to occasionally see that others like certain things that I like, and it's great to be able to share tips on how to get the best or better experience.

The sharing of info, and continual learning is what attracts me.

VU Sponsors