Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Think it'll be hard for customs to catch most packages from overseas considering they're all marked "plastic parts" or "metal box" haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Totally agree, except maybe from the euro / UK sites with ‘vapour’ ‘vapes’ ’clope’ ‘ecig’ etc in the return address
It was a good excuse anyway..
;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Totally agree, except maybe from the euro / UK sites with ‘vapour’ ‘vapes’ ’clope’ ‘ecig’ etc in the return address
It was a good excuse anyway..
;)
Yep any retailer with those keywords in their name will have problems with the FDA regs.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Someone please tell me what this says? I'm having trouble comprehending this situation
e9b91ef8f718f17b748565a10ce9adcc.jpg

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Someone please tell me what this says? I'm having trouble comprehending this situation
e9b91ef8f718f17b748565a10ce9adcc.jpg

My DHL trackspeak is a little spotty, but I believe it roughly translates to:

“Our analytics indicate that you have been monitoring this tracking information like a crazy person, therefore we have adjusted our delivery updates to provide you with the maximum amount of frustration and confusion”

:giggle:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but GooberButterNuts told me he shipped the wrong item, it is in fact just a small zip lock bag of his poodles shit... BUT JUST 1 PIECE! lol
Considering the mod I "won" is one of the worst looking mods I've ever or will ever own I'd call that a win! Lol

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My DHL trackspeak is a little spotty, but I believe it roughly translates to:

“Our analytics indicate that you have been monitoring this tracking information like a crazy person, therefore we have adjusted our delivery updates to provide you with the maximum amount of frustration and confusion”

:giggle:
Since it was supposed to be delivered in the 21st I'd say that's accurate.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just did one of the more ridiculous things I’ve done in recent memory

You put in a Pre Order on one of the new vomit colored doored ...

Authentic Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80W TC VW Squonk Box Mod w/ Vandy Chip
www.3fvape.com/vv-vw-mod/21587-authentic-vandy-vape-pulse-bf-80w-tc-vw-squonk-box-mod-w-vandy-chip-seaweed-green-580w-8ml-1-x-18650-20700.html#.WrlJAC7wZNA
:question:

...went through all my ‘want to buy this at some point’ vape bookmarks and just decided ‘fcuk it’ and got everything I’ve had my eye on.

Now...That's a relief! :)

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like a booby. :giggle:

Where did you order from?

Pulse box with a FET..... you should order 40000 boards and boxes, start advertising..... oh wait never mind.
It's a fine shape for an RDA, would be great to see a pair on one of those dual atty mods! :giggle:
A few users flaunting the Castle on Todd's FB group, so I just had to have one. VaporDNA is the only place other than the UK who stocks them at the moment. 3F or FT will eventually, but I didn't want to wait.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but GooberButterNuts told me he shipped the wrong item, it is in fact just a small zip lock bag of his poodles shit... BUT JUST 1 PIECE! lol
Does he always ship them not put together? Lol
That squonk bottle isn't going to fit that's for sure.
0c4c52eacf63869456cb1edeea4a6cb3.jpg
b5772242d1cb2d5d6377e72d81316789.jpg

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have plans to convert a Pulse BF to straight MOsfet.
will that board fit in there?

Heard rumors that board is made by VooPoo?
More features on that board than just a straight mosfet. I like the 3 click on/off, low battery cutoff and voltmeter features. Once I remove that 40A stock starter switch, there will be a ton of room.

No VooPoo fuckery on that board, it's all Francis's design and programming.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have plans to convert a Pulse BF to straight MOsfet.

I had a similar thought, but using a Switchfet v2 from ModMaker in the UK.

Switch and mosfet all-in-one on a tiny PCB...

542-1-450x450.jpg

see: http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Switchfet-V2

Seems like it would give the Pulse BF protections like with either the Luxotic or Pico Squeeze, but in the Pulse BF, not sure how to get the existing fire button out without damage to the frame, and as of now I do not have a spare to hack on..:sad:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Omg the shitty service continues... probably sorry you won at this point huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think I'm keeping it so I guess it just depends on how fast I can trade it lol. Might put it together though to save the other person the trouble.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a similar thought, but using a Switchfet v2 from ModMaker in the UK.

Switch and mosfet all-in-one on a tiny PCB...

542-1-450x450.jpg

see: http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Switchfet-V2

Seems like it would give the Pulse BF protections like with either the Luxotic or Pico Squeeze, but in the Pulse BF, not sure how to get the existing fire button out without damage to the frame, and as of now I do not have a spare to hack on..:sad:

Now that looks more like it will fit in there.
You will just need to fashion a pusher button or wire the original switch in parallel with the one on the board.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New vape mail:
2018-03-26 17.15.19.jpg
Test driving the Pico while at work tonight. Barely had time to toss an atty on and juice her up. With a .3 ohm coil and full 4.2v vtc5a, 3.74v at the post under load. Not quite the miracle mod I was led to believe but definitely respectable, especially for the price and low entry fee. As far as the power delivered, it's equivalent to the SVBF so really no complaint. What I really appreciate is the 5 on/5 off safety switch.

If eleaf were to come out with a slightly bigger version, 21700 battery, accept 24mm rda and get rid of the metal juice tube and go with regular bottles so I had more choices, I'd be in heaven.

Overall though, I'm chuffed with it. $16 bucks, no brainer... 2 more incoming.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does he always ship them not put together? Lol
That squonk bottle isn't going to fit that's for sure.
0c4c52eacf63869456cb1edeea4a6cb3.jpg
b5772242d1cb2d5d6377e72d81316789.jpg

Only his kit mods come like that...still a mod, but yeah that's not the bottle that comes with his mods normally.

Normally comes with a mod maker bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@jasonandsarah Thought you won a different one honestly... The Opus door... rest of mod should look like this then...

upload_2018-3-26_15-1-56.png

If not, its just a Mojo with an Opus Door ;) (Opus is based on the Mojo design, just different scribbling lol )

Still a decent mod once put together

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
I have a quick question on the Pulse bf mod and the 18650 silicone battery adapter: It seems to make more sense to put it on the positive side and face the positive side down as labeled in the box. It is never addressed in the manual that comes with it but one of the official product shots shows it on the negative side. I know it doesn't technically matter but there is no definitive answer online. Any thoughts?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like he just shipped what he had ready - there was a post advertising "kits" for the remaining Neo stock. So, not necessarily what you actually won, but what he had on hand when he got around to shipping something?

I don't think I'm keeping it so I guess it just depends on how fast I can trade it lol. Might put it together though to save the other person the trouble.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@jasonandsarah Thought you won a different one honestly... The Opus door... rest of mod should look like this then...

View attachment 107319

If not, its just a Mojo with an Opus Door ;) (Opus is based on the Mojo design, just different scribbling lol )

Still a decent mod once put together
I told him i didn't want satanic scribble on the mod. Theres no nut to connect the 510! Fuck Ralph.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks like he just shipped what he had ready - there was a post advertising "kits" for the remaining Neo stock. So, not necessarily what you actually won, but what he had on hand when he got around to shipping something?
He was being a dick on purpose because I was patient and tried to be humble and nice because it was a prize. Guess after waiting for 3 months I wasn't supposed to get antsy and contact him more often? Idk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn! Even have to get your own nut!

Seriously. I started to jump on one of his diy kits for the carbon neo mara last week. I really love the simple look of the black and the door logo.

Then I asked myself, "do you really want to subject yourself to all that needless stress and bs again?"

Hard pass as Lucy would say.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Seriously. I started to jump on one of his diy kits for the carbon neo mara last week. I really love the simple look of the black and the door logo.

Then I asked myself, "do you really want to subject yourself to all that needless stress and bs again?"

Hard pass as Lucy would say.
I know I thought id hate this mod but the feeling of the 3d printed carbon fiber is beyond sweet. All this shit that's gone on with it though makes me 100% positive if I keep it around it'll just constantly give me bad vibes. You can honestly barley tell this thing was printed! It's still gotta go!

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I searched every where and I can't find a nut that'll fit that 510! Got a couple that are to small and a couple that are to big! saving the big ones for Ralph though. >>>>>>>>>>>
c3eb8aa20125a6bb79a620939548378c.gif

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its like $22 for a MD510 shipped in the US... shitty to pay it just for some spare parts but mostly for the nut.

I really want to pick up some SVASK Silver 510s, heck even the brass one would be fine to slap in the GooberFet

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Its like $22 for a MD510 shipped in the US... shitty to pay it just for some spare parts but mostly for the nut.

I really want to pick up some SVASK Silver 510s, heck even the brass one would be fine to slap in the GooberFet
I'm sure someone has one somewhere

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Dam contact nut is missing as well. No nuts at all!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got the Berserker MTL RDA and the Galaxies RDA (MTL as well). Decent quality, decent price, capable of very tight MTL to restricted DL. Berserker is a 18 mm deck, Galaxies is a 22 mm deck. I put 0.44 ohm coils and are definitely the wrong thing, I need to dig out the nichrome 80 wire....
To be continued....

VU Sponsors