Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New co op interest post for the 70w sxk billet box rev4 up in the classifieds co op section

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay - finally built that Charm clone from GB that's been sitting on my nightstand for a couple of weeks, lol

It vapes almost 1/1

So those of you that asked if the Mark Bugs authentic is worth the price - that is up to you to decide. Check out the clone, if you like how it vapes, go for it.

The clone has only one drip tip option, no tools and is built somewhat rough with sharp edges, but that is to be expected for a cheap clone. The top cap fits on the base of the authentic, but not perfectly. It does not sit perfectly on the clone base either, but not enough to let air escape or interfere with the It comes with the squonk pin installed and does not have a drip pin option. In fact, it came with no goodies at all, not even a spare o-rings.

I've only been vaping the clone for about an hour.

They are both sporting a single fused twisted clapton at a perfect .7 ohms -

Authentic is on the left

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 7.25.23 PM.png

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay - finally built that Charm clone from GB that's been sitting on my nightstand for a couple of weeks, lol

It vapes almost 1/1

So those of you that asked if the Mark Bugs authentic is worth the price - that is up to you to decide. Check out the clone, if you like how it vapes, go for it.

The clone has only one drip tip option, no tools and is built somewhat rough with sharp edges, but that is to be expected for a cheap clone. The top cap fits on the base of the authentic, but not perfectly. It does not sit perfectly on the clone base either, but not enough to let air escape or interfere with the It comes with the squonk pin installed and does not have a drip pin option. In fact, it came with no goodies at all, not even a spare o-rings.

Authentic is on the left

View attachment 76460
Thank you for the quick overview. How tight is the draw on them? Can it approximate the Chalice lll? In my comparison of the Gem and Gem 2, Mark is starting to cater to the loose MTL/ restricted DL group more so than strictly MTL group.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It vapes almost 1/1

Authentic is on the left

View attachment 76460
Where did you get it Lucy?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the quick overview. How tight is the draw on them? Can it approximate the Chalice lll? In my comparison of the Gem and Gem 2, Mark is starting to cater to the loose MTL/ restricted DL group more so than strictly MTL group.

Why did I just now see your question, lol. Sorry about that.

Not like the Chalice at all as far as MTL - it took me quite awhile to find a good "setting" to get a good MTL experience on the authentic one.

I was hoping it was more like the Chalice, only with a little bit more air, a little less tight on the draw. It's its own atty though. A different animal.

And definitely not a tight draw, even when it is choked down. When I would get it somewhat tight, the lack of air throws the flavor off considerably, at least on my builds. Others might have a different experience.

I've been using the authentic since January - it's my luxury - relax-with-my-Tmod vape, lol

Was somewhat surprised how well the clone vapes next to the authentic - I was expecting a one-off like what happened with all the clone attempts on the Chalice III

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Interesting - I was disappointed in the Gem - poor flavor for such an expensive piece and definitely none too airy. Didn't get a II. I do have a clone stashed also, but have never built it.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish Lost Vape would make the new Esquare DNA60 (I know it existed as a DNA40) into a squonker.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
review for the gbox S100 is up

also someone asked for the bottle measurements

45.5mm tall
18.5 mm diameter
6.9mm top hole

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
review for the gbox S100 is up

also someone asked for the bottle measurements

45.5mm tall
18.5 mm diameter
6.9mm top hole

Thanks for the review. I have not used it in tc, but in wattage the ramp up is quick with a kanthal/nichrome 3fc. Now that I used it a couple of days, it appears that battery life is good, went thru a 3/4 bottle full and used 1/2 battery (mod screen info). As noted above the firmware is simplistic, but that port at the bottom is for upgrades, so we'll see.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks for the review. I have not used it in tc, but in wattage the ramp up is quick with a kanthal/nichrome 3fc. Now that I used it a couple of days, it appears that battery life is good, went thru a 3/4 bottle full and used 1/2 battery (mod screen info). As noted above the firmware is simplistic, but that port at the bottom is for upgrades, so we'll see.
watt mode works great for sure. 100 watts won't handle massive builds but it's enough for me. but in TC the difference in ramp up between 80 to 100 is non noticeable. I probably should have tested it but it feels more like an "auto" tc and the watt setting is a limit and not the initial amount in TC mode

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
someone needs to make some stab wood panels for the VT Inbox....with the magnets in the corners of the front panel where the SHOULD be :p
Working on some not stabwood though.
254edff92a80354fd38af0879c905845.jpg

Don't drip and drive. SQUONK

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Give me a minuto while I have a quick wanko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

couldn't make up my mind btw Saint making an Orca for me or getting an Octopus. My car tires told me no so I now have a Venom coming tomorrow. It's also red & black

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
10ml bottle too fat for the door to close. Changed back to ss

b1bcb15235f1ce199458d74a500f446f.jpg
647aace952e3a4e0e431452a4fc750b4.jpg
a06fc35e308dd8425125304f1dba6a2c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Dam, that's too bad. I'm really starting to like those square bottles. Mine fits perfectly in the Sonar box

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have a mini chuck?

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
10ml bottle too fat for the door to close. Changed back to ss

b1bcb15235f1ce199458d74a500f446f.jpg
647aace952e3a4e0e431452a4fc750b4.jpg
a06fc35e308dd8425125304f1dba6a2c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I originally used the 10 ml needle tip bottles from Fasttech in my Squonkers. But them some customers told me the mod felt too thick for comfort so switched to the FatDaddy bottles which are 18mm wide. The 10 ml are about 22mm wide. The only Thing you might try is if you have some kind of clamp. Then put a pot of water to boil . Then fill the 10 ml with hot water put in the pot for a few minutes carefully remove and place it in the jaws of clamp and allow to cool . I have managed to get some to fit by doing that. Something to try while waiting on other bottles.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That build deck on the Mini Chuck is balls. I definitely would not have the patience to build on that

VU Sponsors