Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hank pestered me about it first though :giggle:
He's good for Gear Acquisition Syndrome but terrible for a savings account.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
16c05c52995ad230369e2ca928b14801.jpg

Really really loving this setup right meow, dual 26g 8wrap ss316L

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No experience with the Thump but I like it a lot. It's my fav atty for on the go due to it's low profile and being the most leak resistant atty I've ever used. Flavor is what you'd expect from such a small chamber, very good. Airflow is adjustable by a screw, I like mildly restrictive airflow and keep It open. Wide open I would say it's somewhere in between the Hadaly and No Toy Clone. It takes small builds due to the chamber I couldn't fit my normal twisted 26ga 2.5mm in it, had to back it down to single wire 26ga but the chamber is so small I don't miss it, it still provides a punch.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple of Shifts, they're very nice but I like a very tight MTL draw and that little screw doesn't restrict it enough for my liking. The one thing I noticed is that if you use a drip tip with a long enough stem (the one with the o-ring that goes inside the cap) you can further restrict the air flow. All in all, it is a nice atty.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a couple of Shifts, they're very nice but I like a very tight MTL draw and that little screw doesn't restrict it enough for my liking. The one thing I noticed is that if you use a drip tip with a long enough stem (the one with the o-ring that goes inside the cap) you can further restrict the air flow. All in all, it is a nice atty.

Wanna part with one of them? I've got a firefly collecting dust here.... lol

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just re-read your post about tight mtl.... and the firefly isn't quite that. Closed down it's quite laughable actually.
I'd say it's more of an air hog but in all fairness I gave up after only a couple of days.
And clones, ehhhhhh not really my thing. Nothing against you or your tastes, of course.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just re-read your post about tight mtl.... and the firefly isn't quite that. Closed down it's quite laughable actually.
I'd say it's more of an air hog but in all fairness I gave up after only a couple of days.
And clones, ehhhhhh not really my thing. Nothing against you or your tastes, of course.
learning from the more experienced here, I get the clone and if I really like it, I buy the authentic. Unfortunately for me, the days of the really tight MTL draw atty, be it RDA or RTA, have gone the way of the DODO birds. In today's market even the MTL branded atties are usind a 1.5 -1.7 mm hole as the tightest draw and I'd like a 1.1 -1.3 mm one. I am actually considering drilling a smaller hole in the Siren and see how it goes. I'm not so sure about the food grade epoxy to use to fill the smallest hole before re-drilling.
Rest assured, The piggy will be topped with a Chalice lll, then a NoFear, a Cyclone and finally a Hadaly.:vino:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
5f57350ff92ab4cdd5f6849c410fa6a1.jpg

Floris store is open. I ordered this. Internals can wait, just wanted the box while the store was open.

Taken from my nutpunch funds. So will need to replenish that.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I have DNA 75 and mech enclosures of theirs and really have to rate them right up there with my SVA Penguin for fit and finish.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have DNA 75 and mech enclosures of theirs and really have to rate them right up there with my SVA Penguin for fit and finish.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm a massive hoople, and I'll probably bork it. Hoping minimalsaint is feeling talkative and helpful when I go to assemble and polish it

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the feedback. I'm a massive hoople, and I'll probably bork it. Hoping minimalsaint is feeling talkative and helpful when I go to assemble and polish it

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Always happy to help!
I have another half-dozen landing very soon, So I'll have even MORE practice

BrandonRawks

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just look at the sapphire door from the one you picked.... LOOK AT IT..... glorious. I love floris day!
rrs8eoL.jpg
Man, that would look incredible on white! I couldn't tell it was blue from the first picture, but I'm kinda colorblind. If these aren't all spoken for, consider me speaking for one!

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could I buy the bottom right?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This one is newly available dre,
Black enclosure with 2 doors, one is similar to dark ultem, like an earth tone, the other is frosted slate grey.
P023cU7.jpg

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This one is newly available dre,
Black enclosure with 2 doors, one is similar to dark ultem, like an earth tone, the other is frosted slate grey.
P023cU7.jpg
It's available now?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's available now?

It's still as you see it,
It would be a few days before I could get to polishing and building it, unless you're just looking for the enclosure unfinished.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's still as you see it,
It would be a few days before I could get to polishing and building it, unless you're just looking for the enclosure unfinished.
Enclosurer and contacts. I have my own 510. What would that run

VU Sponsors