Become a Patron!

Postless Decks - I Don't Get It

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hmm sort of although with some RDAs they place the mounting right at the side of the post (wasp, VLS, Haku all do it)

gorge hasn’t got that so does mean you have to remove one of the screws sometimes ......an extra step if someone is extra lazy this is gonna be the end of the world hahaha
So more like the SMM deck. Great deck, stupid easy to install a coil. Thanks, hard to keep up with vaping vocabulary these days.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So more like the SMM deck. Great deck, stupid easy to install a coil. Thanks, hard to keep up with vaping vocabulary these days.

Yeah same as SMM too ..I dunno if I coined that style deck properly haha

emt_horton88

Member For 2 Years
I'm along the same route, postless and velocity are both equal to me in ease. They are also my two preferred decks to build on for not only ease but air flow. I'm with you in regards to clamp style, I'm not a big fan of them at all.

I was dead set on velocity style decks for the longest time. By far the easiest to build on until the Bonza by Vandy Vape. The build deck is super spacious, the airflow is right beside the coils and it has a beastly juice well in it.

emt_horton88

Member For 2 Years
The Bonza is a heck of a good dripper. Worthy of love. Probs the best RDA for BF I’ve ever used.

I LOVE my bonza. I searched for weeks for it here and finally found one like 2 hours away from me. Needless to say I made a road trip lol. I was strictly back to tanks for the longest time due to my profession and it’s super hard to drip being on an ambulance and not getting juice everywhere lol. My only gripe is the juice I use(unicorn treats by humble) is suuuuper sugary so I burn through cotton like a mofo. Not the drippers fault I know lol.

My girl friend is using the pyramid by smokjoy and it’s bad ass too. The bottom airflow right under the coils just intensifies the flavor....

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another perk to postless drippers that I forgot to mention in my post about the CMSNT is how the coils sit directly below the drip tip (on a lot of them). That produces better flavor because because the coils are closer to the tip and also because the coils are hit directly with liquid when you drip instead of relying solely on capillary action to get them saturated.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm along the same route, postless and velocity are both equal to me in ease. They are also my two preferred decks to build on for not only ease but air flow. I'm with you in regards to clamp style, I'm not a big fan of them at all.

I do see a fair amount of hype with the Dead Rabbit, what turns me off is the top air flow. Top air kills flavor, bottom is best and side comes in right behind when it comes to flavor. Anything that will get the air under the coils gives the best flavor, top ........... meh.
I tried a dead rabbit and I thought the same thing. Flavor machine. It's just like all these newer decks and af options. It's top airflow that acts like a pulse 22 or 24 with no tubes which made some very welcomed turbulence.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I beg to differ, they're very simple to build on, lots of room, simple to wick so they're very much an improvement like for example over the old 3 post decks and even over a lot of two post and four post decks.
I don't like how limiting a 3 post deck is. Even if the post holes are big you can't fit exotics.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So my first and only postless goes in the mail Monday to be traded but I kinda want one for my collection. Anyone own a cosmonaut rda? I’ve always liked the looks of those and from what I understand they are squonkable now.
The csmnt and dead rabbit aren't technically postless decks. In almost every way there the same, but I gotta give it to attys that take advantage of that center block type build. Almost makes them have juice flow channels for good squonking. I really want a dead rabbit. I might have to prostitute myself to old woman. Who knows.

BTW, I'm baaack. Little hiatus, back with my sobriety and sanity. Love y'all

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The csmnt and dead rabbit aren't technically postless decks. In almost every way there the same, but I gotta give it to attys that take advantage of that center block type build. Almost makes them have juice flow channels for good squonking. I really want a dead rabbit. I might have to prostitute myself to old woman. Who knows.

BTW, I'm baaack. Little hiatus, back with my sobriety and sanity. Love y'all

Obviously not sober enough. The CSMNT and the Dead Rabbit are nothing alike. The CSMNT is the perfect example of postless deck. Maybe you should go back to rehab until it works.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another perk to postless drippers that I forgot to mention in my post about the CMSNT is how the coils sit directly below the drip tip (on a lot of them). That produces better flavor because because the coils are closer to the tip and also because the coils are hit directly with liquid when you drip instead of relying solely on capillary action to get them saturated.
Like a wasp?

lorri2009

Member For 3 Years
It basically gives you more freedom when building your coils. I don’t have one yet, still debating over dead rabbit and the drop, but I’d imagine the flavor is much better because of the airflow. Having 2 coils next to each other with no post between them could really benefit the flavor since the airflow is going directly under/threw the coils meeting in the middle and then going up between the two coils and threw the drip tip. Don’t know this for fact, just my speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have both the Drop and the Dead Rabbit, they are pretty much the same except for the airflow, Dead Rabbit is diagonal so if you purge you will get a face full of vapor. I like the both equally the same. Just get whichever is more affordable to you, you will not be disappointed. Flavor is spot on and plenty of clouds. I have a lot of RDAs, high end ones also, but I'm always using my Dead Rabbits regardless.

lorri2009

Member For 3 Years
Posts use up a certain amount of deck space. Without posts you can use bigger outside diameter coils in the same deck space. Posts also have a significant amount of mass as part of the deck so the deck will retain heat longer....but on the flip side of that will also take longer to heat up in the first place. If you wanna know how long to clip the leads just put a spare bit of wire in there and measure it, it's really not that hard. Also because you have pre-clipped the leads it means once they are in then that's it - there is no further trimming to do and you won't be damaging the other coil accidentally. I'm not mad at velocity decks but they generally put the posts too wide which means that any larger coils have to be twisted up toward the center of the deck to avoid shorts. The posts should be slightly in towards the center like on the cyclon RDA which means the coils can come straight out the posts and straight back in without a lot of dicking around and those big top down phillips screws are also great - especially compared to tiny sideways grub screws that suck. So with the velocity deck the posts have to be super wide - because they also need to have a few mm of threading sideways to contain the suck screws.

Easiest to build on does not equal best to build on or even best design - just easiest.
Also easiest to strip grub screws on.
Man.... grub screws suck on any deck.
Down with grub screws!

Also ...all postless decks have grub screws although obviously the threading part is better as it fully contains the grub screw...but grub screws still suck ... so theres that. Fuck grub screws.

b34ebc14812246ecbd573d29c122397a.jpg
the dead rabbit has flathead screws

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like a wasp?
Yep, exactly like a Wasp. :) I was referring to duel coil RDAs though, like most others in the thread. I guess I should have made that clear.

Single coil RDAs are an entirely different beast. I don't see postless single coil RDAs having the same benefits as postless duel coil RDAs, but that's based on how/why I use single coil vs duel coil RDAs. They are different atomizers which are meant to produce different types of vapes.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
My first rebuildable was the serpent, I know its not an RDA but that's what I started with, I'm also not sure what that deck is called besides go FCK yourself. Its horrible to build on, who ever decided that you should place posts like that, were one end of the coil needs to be twisted around the post to go back into a super tiny hole, needs to be fired and probably killed after lol.

Having used that for a long time tho, no deck is an issue for me, I did love the velocity style decks till I used bigger wires/coils and that was a pain in the butt too :( I mostly use my drop and peerless RDA, and I absolutely love these decks even tho they are different from each other, but fit bigger builds beautifully.

That airflow tho... Love and hate it, for the life of me I can't turn it lol always have my husband do it for me, first I thought its like that because it was new, but nope its defiantly designed for big muscular guy hands, these tiny little ridges on the top always hurt my fingertips and what not. Absolutely not practical :/

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You get a little too emotional over the dead rabbit. Any thread where it’s mentioned you pop up.
The Dead Rabbit is a piece of shit but that had nothing to do with my response to the lying xxxxxxxxx.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Dead Rabbit is a piece of shit but that had nothing to do with my response to the lying xxxxxxxxx.

I think you are the piece of shit. And judging by your post, probably not old enough to vape. All I've seen you do is piss and moan about the dead rabbit and now attack other members because they don't agree with you. Take some time to look over his post and you'll see he's pretty knowledgeable and helps other members out. You offer nothing but your opinion on one RDA, over and over. I would appreciate if you could find another thread to ruin, in the meantime I'll be blocking you.

Everyone else should do the same and maybe he'll go away.

entropy1049

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ah Don29palms, winning friends the world over with your cunning forum postings and your informed criticisms of all things Dead Rabbit. You haven’t managed to slam VandyVape yet in this thread, you’re slipping! And name calling another forum contributor who’s struggling with addiction. You’re a class act Don. By that I mean you suck.

You should probably just go ahead and block me on this forum too, I’m not going to have many nice things to say about you here either based on the contents of this thread alone. I’d never block you because I enjoy reading the ridiculous bullshit that spews from your sewer.

So glad to see folks calling you out for being a fucking loudmouth. Bit tougher crowd than ECF, eh? Folks here are liable to jerk a knot in your ass when you act up.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nothing. What the fuck is wrong with you?
The attacks on him are not necessary. If you think the csmnt is superior to the dead rabbit then great that's all you had to say.

But to be honest the decks to look to be the same though what I see is the dead rabbit's deck being better and more thought out.
And here is why:
The dead rabbit has the screws positioned to where it catches the wire flat and doesn't twist the lead
There is an access point to trim the leads under the post
There is 1 more o-ring to help seal the barrel to the deck

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Dead Rabbit SQ and Dead Rabbit are a post type decks.
Just has the holes for coil leads in the top of the posts.
Just my opinion though.

I view postless attys as one with a flat deck and having the coil setscrews thru the side of the base.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Dead Rabbit SQ and Dead Rabbit are a post type decks.
Just has the holes for coil leads in the top of the posts.
Just my opinion though.

I view postless attys as one with a flat deck and having the coil setscrews thru the side of the base.

I agree...Dead Rabbit has posts imo, they're just sideways.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not always - it can free up a lot of room with a small chambered attie

Like the DPRO by Coilart, thing is cute! Screenshot_20180212-091424.png

And they got the screws going the right direction, so flat wire will stay flat and not twist. I need to either get a small squonker mod for it or trade it though, I don't have a dripper's patience.

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I guess I should add to the topic. Velocity style is easy but bigger coils can be tricky to install. Some have trouble with 3mm coils touching the chamber wall. My only postless deck is the aromamizer plus. With that experience it seems that the holes are a tad too close. I feel as if the velocity deck I have had have a tad wider...hole placement. With postless decks you can "fit" 4mm 5mm 6mm(maybe) easily. Now wicking is a different story.

As far as being a pain to clip leads...I have been clipping leads for a while now using the velocity deck due to not wanting any sticking out and it's hard to really flush cut the leads on the post. Though, it's much easier with the velocity because I can actually gauge what I need to cut by holding it up to the post. While the postless isn' as easy because I want height as well and enough to grab with the screws.

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look fella. We are all here for the support from one another. We are all here cause we were ADDICTED to ciggs. Some of us may have had other addictions and its a struggle to stay sober. Ive been sober for 4yrs now. So don't knock somebody's sobriety not cool at all. We are vapers in the best forum going so in my honest opinion we are all on the same team and you dont shit on your teamates like that. Welcome back zombie

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Look fella. We are all here for the support from one another. We are all here cause we were ADDICTED to ciggs. Some of us may have had other addictions and its a struggle to stay sober. Ive been sober for 4yrs now. So don't knock somebody's sobriety not cool at all. We are vapers in the best forum going so in my honest opinion we are all on the same team and you dont shit on your teamates like that. Welcome back zombie

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Fuck the lying xxxxxxxxx and you can join him too for all I care snowflake.

VU Sponsors