chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahahah, manika..
Clean for real though, this and that 24g parallel in this Mephisto.
Thank ya! I'm all out of Gplat and 20g kanthal so I'm playing around with 24g for flavor and 22g for clouds. It's also nice to not have to carry a dozen batteries around anymore haha. Those super low builds with Gplat eat my batteries for breakfast.

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been bad about posting my builds before tearing them out. My Doge finally came in sometime last week, and here's what I've been rocking in it;
Coiled.jpg
It's a 4-wrap 20g Kanthal dual coil around a 3/32nd bit, ohming to .08 abouts.
Wicked.jpg
It's hitting like a champ, I think I need to build more surface area though to bring back density!

Last edited:
Simple single coil, 17g kanthal a1, 5 wraps, 0.25ohms on my Mephisto

98e1178a2dbdf1dccb76109ae18d2834.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Simple single coil, 17g kanthal a1, 5 wraps, 0.25ohms on my Mephisto

98e1178a2dbdf1dccb76109ae18d2834.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005
You cannot trust your ohm reader at that low a resistance. To achieve .25 with 17g Kanthal in a single coil, you'd need to do 15 wraps, this build is closer to .09, use the right batteries for this one.

You cannot trust your ohm reader at that low a resistance. To achieve .25 with 17g Kanthal in a single coil, you'd need to do 15 wraps, this build is closer to .09, use the right batteries for this one.
:D please don't you start as well :D i had already same argument with other guy in different forum :D checked it on 3 different testers including Fluke 115 Multimeter. Thats what it comes to. I have been building same setup for quite a some time and all the time i have it about 0.25. I don't know why but thats where it is. Maybe strange kanthal

Sent from my SM-N9005

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
:D please don't you start as well :D i had already same argument with other guy in different forum :D checked it on 3 different testers including Fluke 115 Multimeter. Thats what it comes to. I have been building same setup for quite a some time and all the time i have it about 0.25. I don't know why but thats where it is. Maybe strange kanthal

Sent from my SM-N9005

What bit are you wrapped on there? I honestly said the exact same thing to the person who checked my ohm's for the first time, but I'm glad mine was at a higher resistance than a lower..
.25 and .09 are vastly different resistances, one is pulling 16A, while the other is pulling nearly 45A.
You can use Steam Engine to calculate your coils resistance, because at this resistance range, you a only checking for a stable resistance with your meter.

What bit are you wrapped on there? I honestly said the exact same thing to the person who checked my ohm's for the first time, but I'm glad mine was at a higher resistance than a lower..
.25 and .09 are vastly different resistances, one is pulling 16A, while the other is pulling nearly 45A.
You can use Steam Engine to calculate your coils resistance, because at this resistance range, you a only checking for a stable resistance with your meter.
I used 3.5mm drill bit. Well Fluke 115 tells true rms. It has 0.9% accuracy.

I use Efest IMR 26650 batteries so 42A are not a problem for me. I would have about 30% limit headroom on fully charged battery so I play only safe ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds good man, just trying to look for you and anyone who tries to replicate what you've got their without understanding what goes into it!
The build looks great though, hope you're enjoying it.

Sounds good man, just trying to look for you and anyone who tries to replicate what you've got their without understanding what goes into it!
The build looks great though, hope you're enjoying it.
Cheers man. Build is amazing. Waiting on 26650 Mephisto so i could do my 17g twisted wire but that will be after a while :D mainly i won't use anything below 0.2 Ω . 0.3 Ω is my sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-N9005

photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG First Quad micro build 28g Kanthal, 4/5 twist at 5/64ths read in at .24ohms...was a little bit warm of a vape but not bad just stressed about my battery so i took it apart after getting a few good rips (batteries are Efest 2250mah imr18650 3.7v li-mn) how safe am I? got no heat from the battery after 4-5 solid rips

View attachment 5182 View attachment 5183 First Quad micro build 28g Kanthal, 4/5 twist at 5/64ths read in at .24ohms...was a little bit warm of a vape but not bad just stressed about my battery so i took it apart after getting a few good rips (batteries are Efest 2250mah imr18650 3.7v li-mn) how safe am I? got no heat from the battery after 4-5 solid rips
Efest you have are 18A continuous discharge and 20A maximum discharge. Don't go too low.

Sent from my SM-N9005

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Monster tiger coil, two pieces of 26g and two pieces of 0.8 ribbon, 0.24 ohms. magma RDA, black copper akuma. image.jpg

Efest you have are 18A continuous discharge and 20A maximum discharge. Don't go too low.

Sent from my SM-N9005
Word, my everyday set up is dual micro 5/4 twist comes in around .5-.7....def don't want to nuke my face off so I took it apart quick just wanted to see if I could handle it. What batteries do you run?

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you build that with intentions of running it on regulated? Just curious hahah!
Nope haha, I wanted to have a single coil that still hit well on a mech, to save on battery life and juice. I can vape for about 15 or 20 minutes straight without having to redrip with this build and a full well.

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice man, I bet flavor is killer on that too!
Always good shit man, keep it up.

26 gauge first dual parallel ever so cool.
3mm .2ohms

Attachments

• 20140907_182811_HDR-1.jpg
    20140907_182811_HDR-1.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140907_183503_HDR-1.jpg
    20140907_183503_HDR-1.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 58

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! Yea this setup is a flavor weapon for sure.

joowan

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did a dual parallel & a pair of nano coils this early morning, both chug like steam trains.

on Stillare clone
4E4tfgc.jpg

On Trident v1 clone
iZcqNxS.jpg

A Clapton we built a week or so ago on a plume veil clone.
w4ARJHv.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals this is a 28gauge .3 8/7 around 3mm and look at the cotton placement for those of you that sub ohms low like .2 below it cools it down significantly I just vaped on a .08 at a nearby shop and it felt like a .5 in regards to smoothness give it a try

Attachments

• 20140908_214107_HDR-1.jpg
    20140908_214107_HDR-1.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 73

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IMAG0145.jpg

My first twisted wire build. Didn't go as planned though.

Wire: 28g A1K AWG
OHMS: .4
Inner Diameter: .118" or 3mm
Wraps: 6 each

Works well but it's not ramping up as fast as I wanted it to. Not as hot either. I'm completely new to twisted wire builds so I have no clue how to zero in on a target resistance. I want it to fire instantly and just roast hard. Like a .2-.3ohm build. (I do that regularly safely)

Pretty though!

Triple parallel 28g nichrome, 4 wraps running at .280 ohms. Wrapped around a 2.5 mm screwdriver. Smooth build that chucks. Sitting on stillare rda
coil.JPG

@Vapor Fiend Everyone has to start somewhere, a triple parallel is taking 3 cut pieces of wire and wrapping them together, so 4 wraps of a triple parallel is going to end up looking like 12 single wraps because there are 3 for each wrap. You're putting 3 strands into each post.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Vapor Fiend Everyone has to start somewhere, a triple parallel is taking 3 cut pieces of wire and wrapping them together, so 4 wraps of a triple parallel is going to end up looking like 12 single wraps because there are 3 for each wrap. You're putting 3 strands into each post.

Oh ok so that's what parallel coiling is. Yeah I always wondered what that option meant on steam engines coil calc. I guess I have some homework to do. I'm like just now getting good at micro coils, and just did that twisted coil that ended up breaking in well and working great. I'm a free wrap type guy but I got sick of ekowool and silica type wicking.

I also need to do some homework on all those fancy different types of cotton out there. In the short time I've been on vu, I've learned a shit ton of stuff. Lots more than I ever learned on ecf, but I'm not trying to badmouth them or anything.

@Vapor Fiend Keep practicing you'll find yourself wrapping perfect coils in no time. Personally I like cooler vapes that don't get too hot and twisted builds have always gotten a bit too hot for my liking, but it's different for everyone. Some people like the hot vapes and that's perfectly fine. I was using organic cotton balls for the longest time and just recently switched to Japanese cotton squares, and the flavor you get from them is amazing, I can definitely tell a difference, that is what was used in the coil pic above. It's around $10 for a large pack on amazon that will last you a long time, I would give it a shot if you've got the spare $$$.

Vapor Fiend

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Vapor Fiend Keep practicing you'll find yourself wrapping perfect coils in no time. Personally I like cooler vapes that don't get too hot and twisted builds have always gotten a bit too hot for my liking, but it's different for everyone. Some people like the hot vapes and that's perfectly fine. I was using organic cotton balls for the longest time and just recently switched to Japanese cotton squares, and the flavor you get from them is amazing, I can definitely tell a difference, that is what was used in the coil pic above. It's around $10 for a large pack on amazon that will last you a long time, I would give it a shot if you've got the spare $$$.

Yeah I'm definitely getting better. I just need to practice zeroing in on the exact resistance I want. I never get hot spots or shorts anymore. I'm gona look up that cotton. Any brand name I should look up?

cmbrstefan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First build at .44 ohm with twisted 30g wire 5 wraps on 2mm screwdriver. Toby Atty clone.
Nice and warm and flavor.
74fb4592267f5a26c2bd562f699bfb10.jpg

54810121708fa2541fa7ba49575628e5.jpg

Can't wait for my new zenith v2 clan for better airflow and center builds.

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First build at .44 ohm with twisted 30g wire 5 wraps on 2mm screwdriver. Toby Atty clone.
Nice and warm and flavor.
74fb4592267f5a26c2bd562f699bfb10.jpg

54810121708fa2541fa7ba49575628e5.jpg

Can't wait for my new zenith v2 clan for better airflow and center builds.
Take a dremel or a small grinder and take off those two raised areas on the deck of the Tobh. You can get center posts builds with a lot more air flow.

cmbrstefan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok Another coil, i did not get the vertical correct. but therefore did a .48 oh with 26g 8 wraps. Not to warm vape, but able to take longer hits than on the Twisted on. Takes a wile to heat up tho.
Going to try a Sleeper coil on the Zenith, or maybe a Parallel build.

its my 2nd week in RDA s. so still need a little practice.
20140915_154821.jpg

20140915_155745.jpg

20140915_160948.jpg

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got a collage application on my phone so I can put all my pictures of a single build in one place. Makes for a shorter page and less scrolling.
Anyways, I got the Pontus just last week and I definitely built it too hot to handle with my first build. That may well have had to do with the AFC tabs, never liked the design either, but I like to try build things stock. Here is my second build that actually worked out;
photo 4 (2).JPG
It's a dual 5-wrap 24g Kanthal A1 around a 3/32nds bit, ohming to .25 abouts.
its my 2nd week in RDA s. so still need a little practice.
Looking great for week 2 man, don't sweat a thing! I second what @Dutzy said about taking a dremel or file to those AFC tabs, I very well may do it on the Pontus because the chimney is stifling enough already. Keep up the good work with your builds, and they'll be tighter and tighter each time.

Last edited:

cmbrstefan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Received my Zenith Clone,

Played with it a wile, and now it sits with a Parallel dual 28g 7 wrap 2mm .32 (.28 i mean Sorry) ohms coil.
I love the Airflow and want to try this for a few days, but might end up with building something more Tomorrow.

20140916_124134.jpg

Last edited:

Vaping Cracker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dual 22 gauge 5/6 wrap on 3/32nd drill bit on Tugboat with stock airholes comes out to .24 ohms. I'm Vaping on the Manhattan with homemade Creme Bruleé. Warm vape great flavor.

Attachments

• 1411283778784.jpg
    1411283778784.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 75

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sucks, I have a Siamese tiger build and a few royal wire builds I want to post, but for whatever reason safari on my phone will not let me select the 'upload a file' button. Grrrr

VU Sponsors