Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Tanna

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
0.6 kanthal is stiff af and hard to work with but this build is chucking out storm clouds

ysu6u5yv.jpg

my6y2era.jpg

ve4yhu6e.jpg

Last edited:

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I said I was going to post it, and I nearly ripped it out before taking the photos of it! Which would have been rather a shame, I'm proud of it. So here it is, my first cloud-chasing build.. In a flavor atty!
photo 1.png
My Brass Monkee had fun running hot for a couple of days, but it's time for it to get back to what it's supposed to do.
photo 2.png
This dual coil build was wrapped with 22g Kanthal around a 3/32nds drill bit 6 times. (EDIT: It ohm's closer to .13)
photo 3.png
It definitely made for some hyper dense and juicy flavor clouds, but a build like this needs more oxygen to breath! I'm going to put this same build into my Plumeveil when I receive it on Monday!
Hit 20 weeks smoke free today and built my 1st tiger coil .28 ohm on my Mephisto
Congratulations man, I just hit 6 months smoke-free today myself!

- EDIT -
Just was informed my ohm reader does not read as accurately at lower resistances as it does at higher ones. I used Steam Engine with an estimate for leg length and received a more accurate ohm reading.

Last edited:

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dual Gplat22 on my patriot. I had to drill that sweet sexy 24k gold plated center post for this one :/. Either way this build is amazing. It's 0.18, so not as low as usual for me but the surface area makes up for it. image.jpg

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I am still in my first dozen sets of coils... I bought some 30 gauge thinking that I would make start with some that I could still vape on my vv/vw mods, but wasn't feeling so hot about 5 coils to get under 1ohm as I started playing more... So I went out and got some 26 gauge today... My little screw driver makes a .65 ohm coil with 8 wraps of that!!! Baby Clouds Baby!!! LOL :cool:

A couple of questions...
1.) on a quad coil with 3 posts ... Does that have the resistance again like 2 coils vs. 1 coil ???
2.) on the vertical coils ... How do you get the cotton in them? Do you thread the cotton through before you attach them to the posts ???

Thanks!

KeyMan264

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
aqerune6.jpg

My first attempt at a twisted coil. 28 gauge kanthal. Didn't have a drill nearby so I held one end with pliers and twisted it with a screwdriver. Prolly not as right as with a drill but it works like a charm. 0.6 ohms with organic cotton wick on my mephisto that I received today. Vapes like a champ on my dna30 mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a link that might help you
I used vice grips to hold the wire, held vice grips on the floor with my feet and use both hands to twist the wire. Have a picture of the coils in this forum.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I am still in my first dozen sets of coils... I bought some 30 gauge thinking that I would make start with some that I could still vape on my vv/vw mods, but wasn't feeling so hot about 5 coils to get under 1ohm as I started playing more... So I went out and got some 26 gauge today... My little screw driver makes a .65 ohm coil with 8 wraps of that!!! Baby Clouds Baby!!! LOL :cool:

A couple of questions...
1.) on a quad coil with 3 posts ... Does that have the resistance again like 2 coils vs. 1 coil ???
2.) on the vertical coils ... How do you get the cotton in them? Do you thread the cotton through before you attach them to the posts ???

Thanks!
With a quad coil, you're splitting your resistance into fourths. Of course you want all coils to mirror each other in wraps and diameter. So say you wrapped four coils, all 1 ohm each, your overall resistance would be 0.25 ohms. So on and so fourth.

For your second question, it just depends on what type of atomizer you're using. I'm using a vertical coil right now in my Veritas and I ran my cotton thru the coil, snipped the top off of it about a quarter inch above the coil, and left a little more length on the bottom end to touch the deck and soak up liquid. I don't normally use verticals in any other RDA so someone could probably give you better advice on this one.

Last edited:

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of my Veritas, ahem. I built a twisted 28g at 1.5 ohms to run on my shark. image.jpg

This one here kind of explains what I posted above about wicking a vertical coil. This is a Gplat24 macro coil on a 9/64 drill bit. image.jpg

IdaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yduraba8.jpg

First dual coil build, dual 26 ga. 10 wraps, right at .7 ohms on the hana v3. Heavenly.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Playing with a clapton build ... 30gauge wrapped around 26gauge ... .24ohms

Yeah, probably should have used enough 30g to wrap the whole piece of 26g, but it was my first time and wasn't sure if it would fit through the posts... :)

IMG_0401_zps73278e28.jpg

IMG_0403_zpsf920478f.jpg

IMG_0404_zps2fd0a372.jpg

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
u9yqysab.jpg

u6a2y7y7.jpg

gyqejuja.jpg

24g gplat 5 wrap parallel
Will the omnitester not read that low? I have that same build on a patriot and it came to 0.07 ohms I believe. 5 wraps parallel Gplat24 on a 3/32 bit. I have to use my USA ohm meter because none of my others will read bellow 0.1 ohms. The USA meter reads to the third decimal too

Last edited:

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My eleaf took a shit so this was all I had lol. I use a 3 mm screwdriver so I think it's a little lower the .07. Usually if I'm at .07 or higher it'll flicker 0.0 n 0.1.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont like playing kids games....Ive had these guys building my first set of coils for the last two months....the target range is .0000000000000000005 ohms. Now all I need is for the tesla coils to finally ship so I can power this bad boy up.
a6100_fig4.jpg

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So how low is too low... I saw a pic of a parallel 5 wraps of continuous wire, so I tried it out on 22g... Wasn't pretty but registered .08 ohms...

Way Too Hot for me to vape... nearly caught my hand on fire ... I guess now I need to find my happy place between .5 and 1 ohms ???

IdaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anything under 2 ohms is too intense for me, hot vapor is good feeling like you sucking on an acetylene torch... not so much.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
been venturing into parallel and twisted coils.. love them both & they are great right at 0.6-0.7ohms for my hana

IMG_0190.png IMG_0195.png

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea I think a single twisted coil on a DNA mod is one of the best vapes I've ever had honestly. Has a little bit of ramp up time but works well for taking long pulls. Not as warm as I'd usually like but the flavor is usually great.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also I can't wait to get to work and play with this plume veil some more. I'm gonna play with rotating that center post and see if I can come up with a cool quad coil setup.

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also I can't wait to get to work and play with this plume veil some more. I'm gonna play with rotating that center post and see if I can come up with a cool quad coil setup.
I figure it'd be great for doing Verticals, I dunno about Quads with the stock airflow in this thing='|

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i ordered a black plumeveil by infinite last night, cant wait to play with that thing

and i agree about the single twisted coil, its the best vape ive ever had.. if you use 28g you can really straighten out the wire for twisted and parallel coils by twisting the single strand on its own just a little bit. that twisted coil i did by hand with a pair of pliers and a wrench that locks, its freakin awesome. you can really see how different they vape juice when you fire with the cap off too

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I figure it'd be great for doing Verticals, I dunno about Quads with the stock airflow in this thing='|
Yea that's the only problem I figured id run into. I'm gonna drill out the top two holes in the cap today too, so maybe that'll help. I was thinking that by spinning the pos block where it runs vertical with the negative posts, so there would be four little sections divided up for each coil if that makes sense. As long as everything is centered up I could set the air holes to their center position and it'll hopefully work. It'll probably be warm as fuck though lol. I'll post back tonight and let ya know how it works.

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just got my Mutation X in the mail today, holy wow, that's a lot of atomizer for 30 bones. I can fit 4 strands of 20g in each of the posts. This is my first time building with 20g other than messing about a couple weeks ago, and I was too antsy to use the darn thing that I didn't bother doing a center-post build.
MX1coils.jpg
6-wrap 20g Kanthal around a 3/32nds reading .11, and it's still hot with all that airflow!
MX1read.jpg
This thing is an absolute pleasure to build on, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic authentic atomizer at a phenomenal price.

- EDIT -
Just was informed my ohm reader does not read as accurately at lower resistances as it does at higher ones. I used Steam Engine with an estimate for leg length and received a more accurate ohm reading.

Last edited:

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Mutation X in the mail today, holy wow, that's a lot of atomizer for 30 bones. I can fit 4 strands of 20g in each of the posts. This is my first time building with 20g other than messing about a couple weeks ago, and I was too antsy to use the darn thing that I didn't bother doing a center-post build.
View attachment 3830
6-wrap 20g Kanthal around a 3/32nds reading .04, and it's still hot with all that airflow!
View attachment 3831
This thing is an absolute pleasure to build on, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic authentic atomizer at a phenomenal price.
Thinking about getting one of these. Where did you order from?

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd go for it, I ordered mine from Kings of Vapor, I was kind of leery to order from them so I gave them a call on location. Friendly folks and free shipping is a plus! Can't really go wrong mate.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea that's not bad at all. I watched a couple of reviews for it and it looks nice. I have a patriot clone that I did the diagonal holes on, 8 on each side, so I'm wondering how it'll compare to that.

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm running it with two holes closed on each side (one closed off and the next two half-closed) for a total of 7 on each. I lose out of density when I open it all the way up, but that's because my builds aren't manly enough yet..

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm running it with two holes closed on each side (one closed off and the next two half-closed) for a total of 7 on each. I lose out of density when I open it all the way up, but that's because my builds aren't manly enough yet..
Haha. Dude. Your builds are clean as fuck. And 0.04 isn't anything to laugh at, at all. So your builds are about as "manly" as you'll ever need haha. There really isn't any need to get any lower than where you are, honestly from 0.08 and lower you really don't get that much of a performance difference. My lowest build was 0.035 and it didn't seem much different than the 0.07 that I run daily. What mod are you using?

pdxvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks man, I'm still new, I really don't build as much as I should hahah!
Check the edit, or I will post it right here;
- EDIT -
I was given this tid-bit of information from a Veteran builder, essentially the ohm-reader is only good for checking for shorts at this low a resistance.

Kutty_McKraken

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't drip or cloud chase yet but I bought a Cloud Chaser RDA and built this.. I fired this thing off in my kitchen a couple times and the whole damn room was foggy for like five minutes. It's not my best build but it allowed me to explore the sub ohm cloud chaser arena... Them sub ohm guys are ape shit..

First Sub Ohm RDA Build.jpg

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Single parallel 24g tiger image.jpg

VU Sponsors