Become a Patron!

Post your builds

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks brother. It's cloudy as can be, but has little flavor. I'm thinking that I may do away with the parallel and just run the fused clapton.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
From the look of it the lack in flavor has more to do with coil placement. You have to slam the coils as far down as you can, without touching the deck of course. The airflow on the DPRO is angled down pretty steep. If your coils aren't all the way down most of the air they get is indirect (aka it has lost velocity and pressure due to bouncing off of something before hitting the coil).

Take a look into the air holes to see if flow is hitting the coil as directly as possible. You will run into the issue of your coils being lower than the side walls ... so you'll have to install the coils without a jig. And fiddle with them best you can after you screw them down. I'll try and throw something together in mine today and get a shot of good coil placement for flavor builds for you

EDIT: Also, instead of nixing the parralel try making a 3 core fused clatopn. You wont regret it.

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From the look of it the lack in flavor has more to do with coil placement. You have to slam the coils as far down as you can, without touching the deck of course. The airflow on the DPRO is angled down pretty steep. If your coils aren't all the way down most of the air they get is indirect (aka it has lost velocity and pressure due to bouncing off of something before hitting the coil).

Take a look into the air holes to see if flow is hitting the coil as directly as possible. You will run into the issue of your coils being lower than the side walls ... so you'll have to install the coils without a jig. And fiddle with them best you can after you screw them down. I'll try and throw something together in mine today and get a shot of good coil placement for flavor builds for you

EDIT: Also, instead of nixing the parralel try making a 3 core fused clatopn. You wont regret it.
I've been debating on trying my hand at a tri-core fused clapton actually. I wanted to get one more good reg fc so that I know I've got it down good, thenthat's my next adventure actually :)

I didn't notice that about the DPro, thanks allot. I'll do that tonight after I get off of work. I've got thecoils higher up and still have some room with the airflow. I'll just see if I can't push them down some more without actually taking them out. I like the build. Ramps up pretty quick and its pretty cloudy. If I can get a good flavor out of it, then it will be perfect :)

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome build! You're moving along nicely.

Ty.
Ive only been building a lil over a week now(i was done having uncontrollable sup par performance with prebuilt garbage). I am learning with every mistake made and each success is looking cleaner than the last.hell i fall asleep contemplating how i can make the last build done better.
Yup i am addicted lol.
Thank you all for the support.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've been debating on trying my hand at a tri-core fused clapton actually. I wanted to get one more good reg fc so that I know I've got it down good, thenthat's my next adventure actually :)

I didn't notice that about the DPro, thanks allot. I'll do that tonight after I get off of work. I've got thecoils higher up and still have some room with the airflow. I'll just see if I can't push them down some more without actually taking them out. I like the build. Ramps up pretty quick and its pretty cloudy. If I can get a good flavor out of it, then it will be perfect :)

Here's a good positioning for flavor in the DPRO. The last shot is parallel across the walls of the deck and shows you how there's no way to get a jig in there. I tried to replicate the size of your build best I could. Looked like a 2.5mm ID so I went with that. Also, I had an epiphany while installing these. Pre-cut your leads a little short and install the coils so they are literally all the way down on the deck. Get a standard crafting pipe cleaner and feed it through the coil. You can use that to pull the coil off the deck a smidge and adjust it so it's straight. Doing it like this was easier and quicker than any other install I've done in this deck.

Also remember that there are no juice wells in this deck. Flavor drops off after a hit or 2 because there's no juice reserve. For best flavor drip after every hit (or 2). Or just squonk it ;)

3x28/38 on a 2.5mm ID
Please pay no mind to the train wreck on the last wrap. I had a sneezing fit while spinning lol.
PicsArt_02-28-02.55.52.jpg PicsArt_02-28-02.57.08.jpg
PicsArt_02-28-03.07.28.jpg

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a good positioning for flavor in the DPRO. The last shot is parallel across the walls of the deck and shows you how there's no way to get a jig in there. I tried to replicate the size of your build best I could. Looked like a 2.5mm ID so I went with that. Also, I had an epiphany while installing these. Pre-cut your leads a little short and install the coils so they are literally all the way down on the deck. Get a standard crafting pipe cleaner and feed it through the coil. You can use that to pull the coil off the deck a smidge and adjust it so it's straight. Doing it like this was easier and quicker than any other install I've done in this deck.

Also remember that there are no juice wells in this deck. Flavor drops off after a hit or 2 because there's no juice reserve. For best flavor drip after every hit (or 2). Or just squonk it ;)

3x28/38 on a 2.5mm ID
Please pay no mind to the train wreck on the last wrap. I had a sneezing fit while spinning lol.
View attachment 132742 View attachment 132743
View attachment 132744
Thanks allot. I'll do a rebuild tonight after work. Just pushing the coils down a little this morning helped a bit helped a little, but the legs are too long to do much. I made extra fc wire though, so I'll wrap up a new set tonight. I really appreciate the advice. It was baffling me.
I haven’t had time to try anything crazy lately, I’m actually moving. This is just a coil I built for myself.
View attachment 132745
Nice brother. Says something to me of your talent when you call that a little something LOL
Figured out a ball bearing swivel set up out of material i already had that will work until i can do it the way i really want. Now i can try claptons
Awesome bro. I knew the bug was going to bite you hard haha. Just always have fun with it. Drill gets jealous if you stay away too long :)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Noice! Is that a clone? I so want a kennedy ... i'm so close to buying a Vindicator 21700 and 2 post Kennedy ... but godamn 250 bucks is a chunk of change :(
Thanks! No clones for me actually! I have three Kennedy Roundhouse tubes with three Kennedy RDAs lol. I only use one but that setup with the trickster single airflow option is probably my favorite setup of all time.:D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well worth the wait to see this. It's wicked brother. You never cease to amaze me

Thanks man, you’re too nice to me:D. It honestly wasn’t a hard build, but you suggested a juggernaut variation during our conversation and I had mentioned a Tsuka so I figured I’d just parallel the two. I don’t even know if you can even fit it into a 24mm haha. I’m moving tomorrow so it was worth doing one last fun build before I tear down my build station :banana::coffee2:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man, you’re too nice to me:D. It honestly wasn’t a hard build, but you suggested a juggernaut variation during our conversation and I had mentioned a Tsuka so I figured I’d just parallel the two. I don’t even know if you can even fit it into a 24mm haha. I’m moving tomorrow so it was worth doing one last fun build before I tear down my build station :banana::coffee2:
Good luck with the move bud. I'm celebrating my birthday tomorrow with my family. Today is actually the day, but have tomorrow off. Will be fun :)

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Been awhile since I posted any builds. So here's what I just tossed in the wife's Dead Rabbit RTA. 36 over 3x26 SS316L Alien.
7e3c5a99a025fedfb2de3802cf1455fd.jpg
7e5a2ce76c870c4a4ab01d9c2aee1c21.jpg
63a5fccf68e839a3095b429fdec0520e.jpg

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is that a standard tsuka? I've never made one. I tried a long time ago but couldn't get the twist right so i gave up and never went back. It's just so much easier to do alien tsukas lol
It’s actually a twisted Tsuka! I find that if you twist the ribbon just slightly more than what it looks like you should then the ribbon does make that twist and becomes vertical at some points. I think if you want to show a flatter twist you can kind of pinch the wire with nylon pliers. I didn’t want to do that because the juggernaut ribbon is completely flat so I thought maybe some contrast would look cool.:D

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well starting this weekend off with some good ol' 8 ply .3/28/38 Ni80 fralien at .11 ohms in my brand new set-up. The Rebirth on a Drag 2. I'll tell you what. This atty lives up to the hype. It might be the first atty I have purchased that was actually as good as everyone says it is. I was to impatient to get good shots. So your stuck with this until I build something else.

JPEG_20190302_171538.jpg IMG_20190302_170700-2.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well starting this weekend off with some good ol' 8 ply .3/28/38 Ni80 fralien at .11 ohms in my brand new set-up. The Rebirth on a Drag 2. I'll tell you what. This atty lives up to the hype. It might be the first atty I have purchased that was actually as good as everyone says it is. I was to impatient to get good shots. So your stuck with this until I build something else.

View attachment 132877 View attachment 132876
I'll be curious to see what you think of the Rebirth. Nice could off in there brother!

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Excellent!
Funny, I was just considering doing a full clapton build. Thinking 3 core SFC for the core and a .2 alien tsuka claptoned with 46.
Thanks man. And this build you think should be beautiful as hell.

And you are in the 46g vibe also? nice man. I did a half stag (and this alien) with it, but having a hard time to make SSFC lol .

The half

Best
51D727D9-E9D5-45F7-8DD5-07354B6A5E67.jpeg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks man. And this build you think should be beautiful as hell.

And you are in the 46g vibe also? nice man. I did a half stag (and this alien) with it, but having a hard time to make SSFC lol .

The half

Best
View attachment 132952
Yah I go through phases. I'll build tiny for a while then really big for a while then crazy artistic for a while.

Yes a 46g SSFC is difficult. Getting a single stag isn't to bad. But when you start trying to fuse 2 of them together all the problems compound and then are exacerbated by how much more delicate the wire is. But in the end it's no different than jumping up gauges for any stagger build. Practice it enough and it becomes easy. Mr. 50 gauge stags (@raymo2u ) will probably attest to that. Work with those 1/2 stags and do some staggertons with the 46. This gives you 1 stag to work with while you get comfortable with the feel.

And 46 is my favorite gauge for micro claps. It's no so small that it disappears under the lens, but small enough to not take away from the rest of the build.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 132877 View attachment 132876
While we're at it, how do you like that RDA too? :D

I see that you like it. Just built mine for the first time this morning.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
While we're at it, how do you like that RDA too? :D

I see that you like it. Just built mine for the first time this morning.
It is one of the tastiest RDA's I've got. If I were to write a review there would only be 1 con ... dripping on it is miserable. If you just drip through the tip it pours out of the airflow. I've found that I can pop and paint without to much issue. Tilt and drip onto the top of the higher coil.
PicsArt_03-05-06.49.27.jpg
If you tilt to much it will leak out of the other side. It didn't take me a couple of times to figure it out. Now I can drip pretty quick without trying to hard

Thats so cool man. How did you calculate the decore for the alien Tsuka?
Best
Thank you :D
decore calc was easy. Since all 3 cores where going to be identical I just calculated 1.
.32 + (.08 x 2) = .48
So I decored from .5 [24g]

Technically it would be (.48 x 3) / 3 ... but that's silly since it still equals .48

VU Sponsors