Become a Patron!

Post your builds

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely getting me some Jameson I think. I don't know. Debating on that or some Moonshine. I tried it for the first time Monday and WOW. It was amazing. It was surprisingly smooth.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Right on! That sounds like fun! :vino:

Alright y'all. The witching hour has passed which means sunup is around the corner so I'm off to bed. Have a good one everybody! :D

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya and agree 100%. My problem is I started to walk before crawling. Last December I was messing around making fused Clayton's and decided I would try to make aliens for shits and giggles. Started right off using triple cores of 26 and 28 builds and had a little success. Jumped straight to trying a fralien and again had a little success. And then I ran straight into a brick wall and had something like 20+ failures in a row. So after taking a month off I decided to back track to dual cores and get those figured out first. Doesn't help that I'm not a patient person but I have discovered enjoying a cold beer while building helps. :D
i had a similar path. i wanted to try aliens so bad that i decored a bunch of premade geekvape 26/32 clapton wire and tried to freehand it while my wire and stuff was in the mail. it worked, so i thought i was good to go (i think i got 3 sets in a row that were ok) :teehee: at that point i had only made about a foot of clapton wire by hand, and when my wire order arrived i had a lot of trouble hitting 36 (or any) gauge aliens because my decore and prep skills were non-existent. i had a couple fails trying to step up from 36 to 38, and again to 40 as well...but after i hit 40 i guess i learned all the tricks/got enough practice making good decores/got a feel for it and havnt failed anything since (up to 46). its funny how things go :cheers:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i had a similar path. i wanted to try aliens so bad that i decored a bunch of premade geekvape 26/32 clapton wire and tried to freehand it while my wire and stuff was in the mail. it worked, so i thought i was good to go (i think i got 3 sets in a row that were ok) :teehee: at that point i had only made about a foot of clapton wire by hand, and when my wire order arrived i had a lot of trouble hitting 36 (or any) gauge aliens because my decore and prep skills were non-existent. i had a couple fails trying to step up from 36 to 38, and again to 40 as well...but after i hit 40 i guess i learned all the tricks/got enough practice making good decores/got a feel for it and havnt failed anything since (up to 46). its funny how things go :cheers:
Not the misery loves company type but in this case I'm glad I'm not alone, lol. When I first started aliens I used 38 but am literally one build away from finishing that spool so I'm using the 36 but for me, I've found 38 is more forgiving than 36. I really have to make sure the 36 is stretched right ( especially with three cores) or fuhgetaboutit!

Another thing is I think I chose the wrong Gage wire for fraliens. With my tension issues I think the slightly thicker 28 was easier for the frames ro roll over onto the .3X.1 ribbon stacks. Surely it can be done with 28 but I didn't make it easier for myself and skill set. :teehee:

iamadrunkguy

Member For 4 Years

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow, that's an insane build. Phenomenal job brother

I agree with you, when I saw that I was like that is such a cool hybrid, @WPMac is always giving me ideas for builds. Sometimes I wanna flat out just copy him Lol, but that would be cheesy as hell. Plus I'd have to think his patience threshold is gotta be at least a little higher than mine hahaha. I really loved this build too.:cheers:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great builds as always brother. Good job man :)

Thanks brother, I've been super busy lately so I haven't attempted anything too wacky, I really haven't had time. I still like to post some fundamentals to keep myself honest and because you never know when a new viewer will come along. I'm actually moving this Saturday but once I get set up in my new house to build I'll try something really challenging.:rolleyes:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks brother, I've been super busy lately so I haven't attempted anything too wacky, I really haven't had time. I still like to post some fundamentals to keep myself honest and because you never know when a new viewer will come along. I'm actually moving this Saturday but once I get set up in my new house to build I'll try something really challenging.:rolleyes:
I look forward to seeing what you build. By the way, I should be ordering a Rage squonker and Yellow Jacket rda to go with it. I need to find a good dual coil to put in this beast. This mod fires down as low as .08Ω, and maxes out at 155w.

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a 2×28/38 fused clapton paralleled with 28g all ka1 in the DPro rda done tonight. Man, learning to install in a postless deck is not easy for me. Really love the vape when I finally get it though.

bdb29755818c26473bbce07caad6d32e.jpg

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Got a 2×28/38 fused clapton paralleled with 28g all ka1 in the DPro rda done tonight. Man, learning to install in a postless deck is not easy for me. Really love the vape when I finally get it though.

bdb29755818c26473bbce07caad6d32e.jpg
Postless is typically extremely easy. It's the RDA that's a miserable install. I have a DPRO as well and it's a fkn PITA. It's because there's no juice wells so they had to make the side walls tall. The Pulse 24 has an almost identical deck but it's 1000 time easier because the walls are so much lower.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Postless is typically extremely easy. It's the RDA that's a miserable install. I have a DPRO as well and it's a fkn PITA. It's because there's no juice wells so they had to make the side walls tall. The Pulse 24 has an almost identical deck but it's 1000 time easier because the walls are so much lower.
I'm just glad to find out that it's not just me. I like how it vapes, it's just a passion to build on.

VU Sponsors