Become a Patron!

Post your builds

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a sick and terrible habit of going deep and far in whatever hobby Im in. I usually push myself to become as skilled as I can and then I loose interest and repeat with something new, I havent lost interest in vaping yet....longest held hobby for me.

Heh you seem like the kinda guy who has the fastest Rc car on the block one year, the best diy pc the next, the coolest pogs and slammers before that lol.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have a sick and terrible habit of going deep and far in whatever hobby Im in. I usually push myself to become as skilled as I can and then I loose interest and repeat with something new, I havent lost interest in vaping yet....longest held hobby for me.
Same here, dude. I can't do anything "just a little bit". It's all out or not at all.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Heh you seem like the kinda guy who has the fastest Rc car on the block one year, the best diy pc the next, the coolest pogs and slammers before that lol.
Lol Almost on the money, Ive never got into Pogs...

I do however have a Slash 4x4 with a 6S Lipo system (will backflip easy even at 60mph)

SANY0697.jpg Bd66110.jpg

My Jail-broke PS3 I water cooled and installed LEDs to shine through the lines. You should see what I did to Grand Theft Auto 5... (Just search youtube for Raymo2u GTA5), Its GTA5 on Acid.

WC PS3 1.jpg WC PS3 3.jpg WC PS3 2.jpg

The wife hates the fact I have to "fix" everything I get...even though Ive never rendered anything useless (that she knows about :D)

I bet most of the people that strive for perfection in coil building will share similar stories.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only thing I ever jumped into full force was drums and landscaping. Unfortunately both are back breaking. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

At least both can help you stay in shape! I jumped into booze, drugz and videogames, those were good for nothing

At least I can't get arrested for coilbuilding, and I come away with something tangible as a result :D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Makes sense. You sure as hell have taken it a long way. I sure hope you don't lose interest cause it's builders like you that give new ideas and the will to pursue new techniques to builders like me and I would assume a lot of the rest of us. For example if it wasn't for you I never would have learned the alien stagg. I appreciate that.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The .5 with 26g frames is why your frails are rounded on top, all depends on what you want
I honestly love the way they vape. One N80 coil ohms out to .12 which is just right for me I enjoy a really warm vape. I guess if I used a smaller ribbon wire I could just stack a couple more plys and "nobody knows nothin"- Joey Diaz :D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Off topic as hell but look at shred with that beard.

You know @Wtmke1 its funny, I quit my corporate job to go into business for myself, for the time being, and my wife actually likes when I grow a beard so I figured why not, I don't have to really go into any offices. I'm a fairly big and tall guy or whatever and when I was clean shaven nobody really payed any mind to me if I walked into a deli or something, beard short in my corporate clothes, but since the beard has grown long I see some people looking at me with like this either disgust or horror, so it seems. I think they assume I'm part of some group of rough guys like the hells angels or something lol. I don't care I try to be nice to everyone, all it takes is a hello and I'm the nicest guy in the world haha.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know @Wtmke1 its funny, I quit my corporate job to go into business for myself, for the time being, and my wife actually likes when I grow a beard so I figured why not, I don't have to really go into any offices. I'm a fairly big and tall guy or whatever and when I was clean shaven nobody really payed any mind to me if I walked into a deli or something, beard short in my corporate clothes, but since the beard has grown long I see some people looking at me with like this either disgust or horror, so it seems. I think they assume I'm part of some group of rough guys like the hells angels or something lol. I don't care I try to be nice to everyone, all it takes is a hello and I'm the nicest guy in the world haha.
Just get you a nice comb. Creamo has some goodies. And check out Oakcitybeard.com. Great oils and balms. Motego Bay is my fav. Smells like a beach drink on my face.

I haven't shaved my face in 11months. Lol

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's what I'm trying to do, by inviting another beardman

Errr beardsman
I've never seen a photo of @mach1ne. I have made up an imaginary image in my mind that I think represents his online personality.. but I've never seen him. I've long wondered if there was a particular reason for it but then I see the same thing with a lot of other people on this forum so its not that big a deal. He's had a huge influence on me and has been so gracious and motivating, I still kinda feel like I know him, whether I've seen his face or not. Didn't know he had a beard thou. :eek::eek::eek:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've never seen a photo of @mach1ne. I have made up an imaginary image in my mind that I think represents his online personality.. but I've never seen him. I've long wondered if there was a particular reason for it but then I see the same thing with a lot of other people on this forum so its not that big a deal. He's had a huge influence on me and has been so gracious and motivating, I still kinda feel like I know him, whether I've seen his face or not. Didn't know he had a beard thou. :eek::eek::eek:

Uh oh, ban me for sharing personal info :(

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@mach1ne ...beard check?
im more interested in seeing this pic ...
I have made up an imaginary image in my mind that I think represents his online personality
...than posting my own :D
Uh oh, ban me for sharing personal info
you doxxed my beard :cry:
whose leg is this???? *pull pull*
:teehee:

i posted a pic of myself in my 'low budget sam fisher' costume a while ago when we were talking about how stupid you look wearing magnifying goggles. i cant recall if my beard was in it or not, or what state it was in. mine ranges from being short/neat/tidy to 'been living in the woods for a while', with a dose of 'crooked 70s undercover cop'...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Knipex, got it!
I forgot to mention, these things come in two different types... one type is for electronics so it is worthless for coil building, the other type is the one to get as it is for electro mechanics and that one starts with the number 76.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I forgot to mention, these things come in two different types... one type is for electronics so it is worthless for coil building, the other type is the one to get as it is for electro mechanics and that one starts with the number 76.

I did see a lot for plastic, and a lot for very soft wire - I may go for big diagonal cutters for repeated stick cutting, and smaller flush cuts for coil installing

Thank you

Thehonestvaper

Member For 1 Year
I’d check out Ndevine83’s YouTube channel. He’s a real pro. He has toturials, live builds that take a little longer, along with a bunch of other stuff like coil wars and whatnot. He has tutorials for builds as simple as framed staples all the way up to the really tough stuff. Check him out if you haven’t already. Good luck!!! :D
Thx. I'l have to check em out!

Thehonestvaper

Member For 1 Year
you brute! :teehee:

just need a hook for a hand after that and you are the full package

me too when i started out (now i have a bunch of friends who vape, and occasionally give coils to the guys at the shops who cant build lol). we had a guy at a shop in town that would build you fused claptons on demand, but that was pretty much his only build. i learned from the people here (two of the most important of them are still here on this very page posting right now :cheers:) and a couple guys on youtube. you are in the right place if you want to 'git gud'. welcome :cheers:

that is a solid looking, high precision product @VAPEROXX :slowclap:
Im loving this forum the more and more I lurk around lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did see a lot for plastic, and a lot for very soft wire - I may go for big diagonal cutters for repeated stick cutting, and smaller flush cuts for coil installing

Thank you
For cuts that don't matter if they're clean cuts, just about any old pair of combined pliers will get the job done equally well just as long as they're reasonably big enough and not yet completely worn. As for clean cuts, whether they need to be flush cuts or not, the side cutters that I was referring to always are the best option IMO because they are much sharper than any other cutters I have ever seen, and, they stay sharp for much, MUCH longer than any small flush cutters including ones that are much better quality than the cheap ones by Coil Master or by UD or whatever... maybe the reason why Donald Trump hates European steel is because Americans can't make it themselves, and, I may be an idiot, but I'm a SERIOUS idiot so, for installing your coils IMO just cut them before inserting them into the post holes or clamps, not after, and use a coil tool (picture below) to insert the coils whilst being extra careful to not start to unwind the wrap wire from the cores. You'll get much cleaner cuts and they'll be more flush, and personally I like my cuts to be ever so slightly recessed into the post holes or clamps because when you pull out the wicks the wicks will come out without there being a juicy fluff of cotton dangling onto the cuts. Peace of cake... peace of mind. :giggle:
31s9mweiDJL._SX342_.jpg

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For cuts that don't matter if they're clean cuts, just about any old pair of combined pliers will get the job done equally well just as long as they're reasonably big enough and not yet completely worn. As for clean cuts, whether they need to be flush cuts or not, the side cutters that I was referring to always are the best option IMO because they are much sharper than any other cutters I have ever seen, and, they stay sharp for much, MUCH longer than any small flush cutters including ones that are much better quality than the cheap ones by Coil Master or by UD or whatever... maybe the reason why Donald Trump hates European steel is because Americans can't make it themselves, and, I may be an idiot, but I'm a SERIOUS idiot so, for installing your coils IMO just cut them before inserting them into the post holes or clamps, not after, and use a coil tool (picture below) to insert the coils whilst being extra careful to not start to unwind the wrap wire from the cores. You'll get much cleaner cuts and they'll be more flush, and personally I like my cuts to be ever so slightly recessed into the post holes or clamps because when you pull out the wicks the wicks will come out without there being a juicy fluff of cotton dangling onto the cuts. Peace of cake... peace of mind. :giggle:
31s9mweiDJL._SX342_.jpg
I might be a barbarian but I have a really super sharp pair of small scissors that I use to cut almost everything. Somehow works for me.:vino:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lindstrom 8142 Cutters FTW

iu

Can be found on Ebay for around $30 if your looking....alot of places vary in cost (some as high as $80). You know the crap Ive done and how much building Ive done and I have had the same pair for almost 3 years and I still use them. I picked up a second pair just in case anything happens to the first (the first could be resharpened).

Ive tried just about every other cutter and some are better than others, if it looks like normal flush cutters than odds are it wont last and it will fracture/dent if your making thicker wires. These are built with a bulky head swiveling joint, so the jaws wont bend or turn when cutting anything and you will always get a precision cut (like a damn laser did it).

Here is some wires Ive cut with them (I bought these cutters 1 year before I even got my camera), back when I worked for AVS...and look how clean it still cut them.

34684352_1698003746902948_26072959747620864_n.jpg
20393623_2059348647619684_1190731639311826944_n.jpg
20582678_325885241187945_2615901362646417408_n.jpg
16122873_1239691466098635_4023756887399858176_n.jpg
15539084_200550357081896_5545044173477904384_n.jpg
16123806_1900811746815318_2532633547483643904_n.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow page 34. You're like an elder builder. No wonder you're so damn good. Hell even the new guys coming in. I really haven't seen a bad coil. Well... Chef had this one. Lol I've had a few myself. I don't build as often as everyone else though. Go through like a week of making fused claptons then thrown in a staggered build or something. They always end up so low though for duals

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wow page 34. You're like an elder builder. No wonder you're so damn good. Hell even the new guys coming in. I really haven't seen a bad coil. Well... Chef had this one. Lol I've had a few myself. I don't build as often as everyone else though. Go through like a week of making fused claptons then thrown in a staggered build or something. They always end up so low though for duals

Thank you for the kind words! I don't consider myself an elder lol @Scarecrow jenkins...he's an elder and an artist

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
builds.PNG build stand.PNG
I built a dual parallel with 26 gauge kanthal on my Aequitas atty coming out at 0.3 ohms, I also took a Pic of my build stand I made from my old cigarette rolling machine Might as well use it for something
I built a dual parallel with 26 gauge kanthal on my Aequitas atty coming out at 0.3 ohms, I also took a Pic of my build stand I made from my old cigarette rolling machine Might as well use it for something

VU Sponsors