Become a Patron!

Post your builds

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Looks Really good Meg! I know you gotta put all those wraps in there otherwise the resistance will probably be too low with all those plys of ribbon wire. I honestly think they vape like:poop: but it’s subjective I suppose. That’s what I wanted to mention to @mach1ne. I think mowhaws vape alright but my enigma was awful. I think that’s because the cotton doesn’t lay flat on the inside of the wrap there is a bump there, or bumps if you’re shooting for hedgehogs and I just think that messes with the cotton I don’t think there is actually any vaping advantage. I still think fraliens are the best vape I’ve ever had, 40g framed staples are good, and I still like SSFCs too.:rolleyes:

Oh I'm not gonna vape these, this coil won't fit in anything - I made enough for two coils but it wasnt clean and wasnt what I wanted so I just coiled it all the way

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Super SSFC - Frames are 26g with 6 ply .5 ribbon on each side with 10 ply .5 ribbon in the middle.
that is super clean and tight looking :cheers: whats the resistance?

That’s what I wanted to mention to @mach1ne. I think mowhaws vape alright but my enigma was awful
thats what i was thinking. you are prolly right about the wicks. i mostly blamed the 'loose' wire (the mohawk or whatever style of wrap thats not flat to the cores or even the other wraps), but i agree that the small distance between the cores and the wicks, caused by the wrap wire, is also a very likely source for the 'problem'.
Still trying hedgehog, still getting echidna
thats wild looking holy shit :sad:
In the way of Mohawk Alien coils...they do vape differently. I find them a little cooler, and a little spitty. But I like that. And I overcome the coolness by pushing them a little harder wattage-wise.
when i tried them i had made some framed staple cores for it, and i found that they seemed to light up faster (at the same voltage)...but there was a 'too hot' part of what was an otherwise nice vape...like inhaling a laser beam lol

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
that is super clean and tight looking :cheers: whats the resistance?

thats what i was thinking. you are prolly right about the wicks. i mostly blamed the 'loose' wire (the mohawk or whatever style of wrap thats not flat to the cores or even the other wraps), but i agree that the small distance between the cores and the wicks, caused by the wrap wire, is also a very likely source for the 'problem'.

thats wild looking holy shit :sad:

when i tried them i had made some framed staple cores for it, and i found that they seemed to light up faster (at the same voltage)...but there was a 'too hot' part of what was an otherwise nice vape...like inhaling a laser beam lol
Thanks @mach1ne! When I make a 6 ply .5 fralien it ohms at about .12 so if you roughly double that minus two 26g frames you’d probably be at .08 and that’s not including the 10 ply of .5 ribbon sandwiched in the middle so it’s pretty low, definitely couldn’t even consider pulsing it for color without worrying about burning my house down (so much insurance paperwork).:giggle: Just did it for fun.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks @mach1ne! When I make a 6 ply .5 fralien it ohms at about .12 so if you roughly double that minus two 26g frames you’d probably be at .08 and that’s not including the 10 ply of .5 ribbon sandwiched in the middle so it’s pretty low, definitely couldn’t even consider pulsing it for color without worrying about burning my house down (so much insurance paperwork).:giggle: Just did it for fun.

If it's 2.5mm id, it's around 0.05 lol :eek:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
PureCoils is amazing. I would never be the builder I am today if it wasn’t for @CrazyChef v2.0. When I was learning the ropes I would order coils from PureCoils just to see how they looked when done correctly. I still order certain things for my friends from PureCoils to this day! Best vaping site ever!!:inlove:
Same story applies here ;):D
I got Aliens off Chef before I could even make my own, at that point I believed that Fused Claptons were the end all build and there was no point to try anything more...

I still have the pics of the Aliens Chef sent me.

Alien Coils.jpg Alien Colored.jpg Aliens.jpg Aliens .jpg Alien Colored .jpg Alien Wicked.jpg Alien Wicked .jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
at that point I believed that Fused Claptons were the end all build and there was no point to try anything more...
I still use fused Claptons on occasion, but have been drawn towards smaller "gauge" staples lately. Here's a pair of 8 ply 0.2x0.1KA1 ribbon, 2x 32N80 frames, 40g N80 binding I did earlier. They should be around 0.20Ω for a dual coil install. Perfect for a single battery mech. I may use them in the Layercake, not sure yet.

jRWkMwJ.jpg

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still use fused Claptons on occasion, but have been drawn towards smaller "gauge" staples lately. Here's a pair of 8 ply 0.2x0.1KA1 ribbon, 2x 32N80 frames, 40g N80 binding I did earlier. They should be around 0.20Ω for a dual coil install. Perfect for a single battery mech. I may use them in the Layercake, not sure yet.

jRWkMwJ.jpg

I was wondering about 32/.2 staples, is it much trickier stacking the ribbon in .2 vs .3?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was wondering about 32/.2 staples, is it much trickier stacking the ribbon in .2 vs .3?
Easy way to stack any ribbon, cut it all flush at both ends, lightly pinch one inch from one end and let gravity take over. All the ribbon will turn to stack up and hang together, then use some eliquid on your fingers and slide it down the ribbon to "glue it all together". If you put it down leave a bit off the edge of your table so its easy to pick up without breaking that bond.

Thehonestvaper

Member For 1 Year
Only my third build ever so please don't be too harsh but constructive criticsm is fine. Ohms out at .26 26 gauge nichrome 80 5 wraps not including the two putside half wraps twisted dual coil build. My other two were basic micro coils but after I did those I wanted to try something different. Tell me how I did! Thx!

Attachments

• 20180826_234420.jpg
    20180826_234420.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 31

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My flush cutters ate shit and tried to take my eye out

Then i'd be one-eyed pegleg meg

View attachment 118630
Same thing happened to me with my Coil Master cutters when I tried to cut my 7-core alien. My black 30mm Deathtrap RDA now has a tiny little scar above the main air hole, but the good news is we both survived, and, I have since learned from that horrible mistake... see:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-alien-coil-thread.337052/page-3#post-2056599

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Only my third build ever so please don't be too harsh but constructive criticsm is fine. Ohms out at .26 26 gauge nichrome 80 5 wraps not including the two putside half wraps twisted dual coil build. My other two were basic micro coils but after I did those I wanted to try something different. Tell me how I did! Thx!

Those are 6.5 wraps, looks tasty but also pretty hot, might cook your juice pretty fast

Same thing happened to me with my Coil Master cutters when I tried to cut my 7-core alien. My black 30mm Deathtrap RDA now has a tiny little scar above the main air hole, but the good news is we both survived, and, I have since learned from that horrible mistake... see:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-official-alien-coil-thread.337052/page-3#post-2056599

Knipex, got it!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Only my third build ever so please don't be too harsh

You wont find that type of attitude here, we all had a starting point and some fair better than others...but its a learned skill, anyone with time and effort will advance.

For a first build you did a great job, twisted wires like to be springy and your wraps look like they held tight. Next time, if you have any thinner wire-try running a thinner wire within the groove of the twists!

20151130_104829-jpg.34791

or something like this:

iu

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Hehe, these oughtta do the trick

Screenshot_20180827-123702.png

Oooh...mercy...

https://smtsupplies.com/Hand_Tools/...LJQWt35BwiScC0s7DjrVVUi6D2xgaVQxoC8LsQAvD_BwE

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's isn't ever bad criticism on here man. We all started somewhere. We've all had trouble with one build or another. Your coils look good to me man. Stick around, you'll learn a lot. Also there are different threads dedicated to certain builds. Alien thread, staggered thread, braided thread. You'll enjoy it I'm sure

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fantastic! My first built coil was a twisted and didn't look near that good. Twisted coils vape nice though. And you won't find negativity here. We're here to help! We all started somewhere, and had our mentors. Mine was Scarecrow Jenkins. He praised my first Claptons and encouraged me to take on increasingly difficult builds. And everyone has their nemesis coils mine are staggers. I hate em and can barely build em!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome to VU and coil building my friend!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thehonestvaper

Member For 1 Year
Thanks. It was only my third build. And it does vape super hot. 26 gauge was the thinnest I have at the moment. I think 30 would of been better. I'l have to get some thinner gauge. But I wanna start to learn to make more "exotic" builds. I don't have any friends that vape let alone build so I'm learning on my own. Glad I found this forum tho!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks. It was only my third build. And it does vape super hot. 26 gauge was the thinnest I have at the moment. I think 30 would of been better. I'l have to get some thinner gauge. But I wanna start to learn to make more "exotic" builds. I don't have any friends that vape let alone build so I'm learning on my own. Glad I found this forum tho!

Gosh, welcome then :cheers: - same here, I made vape and building friends on this forum

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great job with your coils. Welcome to VU! :cheers:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's a really tasty vape, but I think I should have used .4 next to the frames instead of .3, to get more valleys for juice, and a little lower resistance, these are 0.14 and 0.12 would be better for unregulated

Thehonestvaper

Member For 1 Year
Thx for all the love and motivation everybody! This is turning into quite a hobby of mine and I hope to build more difficult coils as time goes on. I have to learn everything off of the web since I don' know anyone who builds irl. But I'll keep researching and this place seems perfect to help me progress! Im excited to learn. Thx again everyone :)

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thx for all the love and motivation everybody! This is turning into quite a hobby of mine and I hope to build more difficult coils as time goes on. I have to learn everything off of the web since I don' know anyone who builds irl. But I'll keep researching and this place seems perfect to help me progress! Im excited to learn. Thx again everyone :)
I’d check out Ndevine83’s YouTube channel. He’s a real pro. He has toturials, live builds that take a little longer, along with a bunch of other stuff like coil wars and whatnot. He has tutorials for builds as simple as framed staples all the way up to the really tough stuff. Check him out if you haven’t already. Good luck!!! :D

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's a really tasty vape, but I think I should have used .4 next to the frames instead of .3, to get more valleys for juice, and a little lower resistance, these are 0.14 and 0.12 would be better for unregulated
I should really buy more .4 cause it’s almost exactly the same height as 26 AWG. I keep telling myself that the difference between .5 and .4 is negligible, but I dunno if that’s true anymore.:crazy:

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You wont find that type of attitude here, we all had a starting point and some fair better than others...but its a learned skill, anyone with time and effort will advance.

For a first build you did a great job, twisted wires like to be springy and your wraps look like they held tight. Next time, if you have any thinner wire-try running a thinner wire within the groove of the twists!

20151130_104829-jpg.34791

or something like this:

iu
One of my favorite builds when I was first starting out was tiger wire. It was so simple but at the time it vaped relatively well. I guess my point is that I agree twisted builds are a great way to start.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Same story applies here ;):D
I got Aliens off Chef before I could even make my own, at that point I believed that Fused Claptons were the end all build and there was no point to try anything more...

I still have the pics of the Aliens Chef sent me.

View attachment 118622 View attachment 118624 View attachment 118621 View attachment 118620 View attachment 118623 View attachment 118619 View attachment 118625
I honestly never knew you got coils off Chef. It’s amazing the progress you made in such a relatively short time. You’re one of the most impressive I’ve ever seen. Do you think you were naturally inclined and talented when it came to building or did it just become a complete obsession?

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My flush cutters ate shit and tried to take my eye out
you brute! :teehee:
Then i'd be one-eyed pegleg meg
just need a hook for a hand after that and you are the full package
I don't have any friends that vape let alone build so I'm learning on my own. Glad I found this forum tho!
me too when i started out (now i have a bunch of friends who vape, and occasionally give coils to the guys at the shops who cant build lol). we had a guy at a shop in town that would build you fused claptons on demand, but that was pretty much his only build. i learned from the people here (two of the most important of them are still here on this very page posting right now :cheers:) and a couple guys on youtube. you are in the right place if you want to 'git gud'. welcome :cheers:

that is a solid looking, high precision product @VAPEROXX :slowclap:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
All about the Meg tonight. Pegleg Meg that is. Got the alien by Meg and the juice is that Boss Blonde caramel custard. Mmm mmm.
38826e88deb5ab34880e4bd34bd59f0a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry I didnt have time to make you fresh clean ones, those were "whats leftsies" :oops: kinda like all the flavor concentrates I sent you lol

P.S. I'm also vaping that flavor today hahah

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I honestly never knew you got coils off Chef. It’s amazing the progress you made in such a relatively short time. You’re one of the most impressive I’ve ever seen. Do you think you were naturally inclined and talented when it came to building or did it just become a complete obsession?
I have a sick and terrible habit of going deep and far in whatever hobby Im in. I usually push myself to become as skilled as I can and then I loose interest and repeat with something new, I havent lost interest in vaping yet....longest held hobby for me.

VU Sponsors