Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That should be around a .10 are you wraps spaced and not touching? Contact coils don't work well.

from Tapatalk
Right now Iam at .11 but iam also using rayon for a first

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which I did find a little easier to wick 30g ni 200 with

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would like to use 28g ni200 just because it's not as thin but I definitely can't get it to read high enough even with only 4/5 wraps suggestions PLEASE @dre

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Make the switch to titanium its easier to build and will always ohm higher. I use 24g and 22g dual coil titanium builds only now. Also the wire last for weeks if your just use a old toothbrush and wash the coil with every other wick change.

from Tapatalk

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to use 28g ni200 just because it's not as thin but I definitely can't get it to read high enough even with only 4/5 wraps suggestions PLEASE @dre

Add more wraps. More wire in a strand = higher resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
8f62a419c4c7c185561e1a09c992fd3e.jpg

Parralell build, 5 wraps of 24g hitting at .22, anyone have problems with not getting great flavor from a parallel?

Jonny15678

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright this is my third build 24 Kanthal 11 wraps at 3mm, aiming for .5 got .51. I also used less cotton than I have been using. For some reason I had the hardest time with this build. Messed up a few coils and kept having to redo them. I feel like I'm doing a few things wrong but whatever.

http://imgur.com/a/ovRkw/all

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tried something new (never wrapped a parallel coil b4)
edd280a70cc92035772ed475f7f99aff.jpg
dual coil 26awg+24awg twisted & 26awg+2x32awg clapton wrapped parallel 4 times ID 2.5mm 0.09Ω (all A1 kanthal)
Extremely successful and quite satisfying

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk [:=

Last edited:

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dual coil 26awg+24awg twisted & 26awg+2x32awg clapton wrapped parallel 4 times ID 2.5mm 0.09Ω (all A1 kanthal)

What's the ramp up like on that and what wattage are you using?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Nice build and nice choice of ROM!!! Always happy to see another techy using android to its true potential

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4dc41b73b5f23b92ff59b800ddaf8cdb.jpg

Gotta make a half ass pretty build for a clear top. Lol
Trying out some stainless

How is the stainless to work with? Wattage? Flavor? I'm waiting on my smok cube 2 to get here and was thinking about trying tc with stainless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yay! Somebody discyphered my sig! Thanks [:=
Takes about two and a half seconds of straight current to glow - using it on my Avid Lyfe peg mod.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is the stainless to work with? Wattage? Flavor? I'm waiting on my smok cube 2 to get here and was thinking about trying tc with stainless.

It is super easy to work with. No recoil at all. You bend it, that's where it stays. Flavor is on par with kanthal, granted the RDA I'm using Kennedy v4 clone/fish bone(I think) is all about air flow so flavor is diminished a bit but I still get a very nice flavor to meet what I want

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is super easy to work with. No recoil at all. You bend it, that's where it stays. Flavor is on par with kanthal, granted the RDA I'm using Kennedy v4 clone/fish bone(I think) is all about air flow so flavor is diminished a bit but I still get a very nice flavor to meet what I want

Nice, I have hundreds of feet of kanthal but gonna have to snag some stainless for tc. Don't feel like trying nickle...

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice, I have hundreds of feet of kanthal but gonna have to snag some stainless for tc. Don't feel like trying nickle...

My views differ a bit from most people on all that. I've ran nickel on non tc, I just believe all the poison talk to begin well beyond the temps we use in our devices. The stuff is nice and gives a good flavor as well. Actually I believe I'd rank it Nickel, SS, Kanthal.
Don't take my word for it, I am in no way condoning you try something you don't believe is safe.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally downloaded a macro lens for my phone.
af57b5d6d18c0cf58d7b235d14fd939f.jpg

e2d65f576728e35081223968106e906e.jpg

c10a8613deaeb55e142e40f6f5b81475.jpg

It's a fused clapton 26g k1 36g n80 wrap 2.4 mm diameter, the duals spec out at .21 ohm.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My views differ a bit from most people on all that. I've ran nickel on non tc, I just believe all the poison talk to begin well beyond the temps we use in our devices. The stuff is nice and gives a good flavor as well. Actually I believe I'd rank it Nickel, SS, Kanthal.
Don't take my word for it, I am in no way condoning you try something you don't believe is safe.

I can understand it man. I wouldn't think that you would be able to buy pre-built coils if the use of nickel was that bad for you. I say that knowing they sell cigs. HAHA I choose not to use nickel simply because I don't have to hear about it by my other half. She started reading up on everything when I upped from my little ecig to my mod and tank and building my own coils. She asked me not to run nickel... so I don't stainless isn't a problem so far from what I have heard! :-D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's called the cozy magnifier on the Google play store, its amazingly helpful when inspecting wire too. If you have a better phone than I do it'll probably work better.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Ok after DL the free version to play with I spent the .99 for the full app. Great find cant believe the resolution on this app. Great find and thanks for the share.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
b34a4bdd8c0edd8cc71d19d1a6012d59.jpg

First build on my subtank mini. 24g reading at .4Ω. Still working out the kinks
What kinks?!?

Looks good to me!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kinks?!?

Looks good to me!

That is a classic. Works everytime. My subtank mini goto coil is 24 gauge dual in line (parallel) coil with 5 wraps at 3mm. Comes out to being .24 ohm looks like 10 loops. I run it at 50w and it has good flavor and good clouds.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nvm I answered myself

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, figured I would try my dual inline coil at 3mm with 6 wraps that I run in my subtank mini... but in a dual coil in my velocity mini clone. So I built it and it clocks in at .16 ohm on my smok m80 plus. Gotta run it at 70+ watts so it isn't so slow to ramp. Will work good better when I get my cube 2 next week. Has good flavor though and the long coil coverage, makes some dense clouds!

881c786d33b1aa971ad8599abcd9f329.jpg

Sorry, pic is bad. Will take better pics with different app.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, figured I would try my dual inline coil at 3mm with 6 wraps that I run in my subtank mini... but in a dual coil in my velocity mini clone. So I built it and it clocks in at .16 ohm on my smok m80 plus. Gotta run it at 70+ watts so it isn't so slow to ramp. Will work good better when I get my cube 2 next week. Has good flavor though and the long coil coverage, makes some dense clouds!

881c786d33b1aa971ad8599abcd9f329.jpg

Sorry, pic is bad. Will take better pics with different app.

The Velocity is so easy to build on, looks great. Actually really close to what I run in my velocity, I believe mine is a .18.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Velocity is so easy to build on, looks great. Actually really close to what I run in my velocity, I believe mine is a .18.

What wattage are you running on that build?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'd be between 76-80ish depending on my battery voltage.

Nice, I only have my smok m80 right now. No mech mods, so I only have to deal with wattage. Thought about getting a mech for at the house so I can have the experience with them.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice, I only have my smok m80 right now. No mech mods, so I only have to deal with wattage. Thought about getting a mech for at the house so I can have the experience with them.

Its what I started with. I know many don't recommend starting with unregulated but I liked the concept behind it. So I started with single tube mods now use a $30 clone Dimitri and absolutely love it. Until recently I never wanted a regulated but I ordered a snow wolf 200 and I'm waiting on that to see what the fuss is about being regulated.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its what I started with. I know many don't recommend starting with unregulated but I liked the concept behind it. So I started with single tube mods now use a $30 clone Dimitri and absolutely love it. Until recently I never wanted a regulated but I ordered a snow wolf 200 and I'm waiting on that to see what the fuss is about being regulated.

I wanted to get a snow wolf or a dna200 but getting a load of work done on the house before winter and found a deal and picked up the cube 2 for $50. Regulated mods are nice because you set and roll. No need to worry about much.

VU Sponsors