Post your builds

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Another dual staged Clapton I attempted. Still far from perfect, but not too shabby, either. This time it's 30g wrapped around 26g with 24g staging. All kanthal. 5 wraps around a 3mm post. Steam Engine says it should read around 0.17Ω for the pair. I'll get a better idea once I try it out on the Tobeco Super Tank RDA in a day or two. I'm hoping the one on the right will fire up evenly with the mis-wound wraps.

Dual-Staged-Clapton.jpg

Last edited:

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya lol been using my KBox mini to read them

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk [:=

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, just got this today too
4307c443a7d2e63817abc7b5609f469c.jpg
I absolutely loooove those horizontal Alan screw's
Btw my apologies if I've strayed away from the purpose of this thread with my last couple of posts

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I loathe allen screws

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why would you loathe Alan screw's? Don't they slip less?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why would you loathe Alan screw's? Don't they slip less?

I just hate allen keys lol. It's more of a pain for me to turn them all around with a finger

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol I said that wrong. I like screwdrivers better. There!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Btw my apologies if I've strayed away from the purpose of this thread with my last couple of posts

I have a mini velocity clone. Love that thing! Just ordered a freak show today. Gonna see how that goes. Gonna build that up this weekend hopefully with so dual parallel 24 gauge kanthal and Scottish roll wicking method. Changed to that wicking method and able to go from the 20's to 60's when it comes to wattage in my subtank mini. Loads of flavor now. I will post some pics

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems to be a legitimate claim - I haven't built in it yet because the guys that work at the shop I bought it from have been friends of mine for many years and one of them popped a build in there for me when I bought it earlier today

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
e3993c028644f1a69c112cbb0eea7117.jpg

0110d132ddddcbefe64e4dc834adb238.jpg

b7d29f84354f8abe80cf044575212b9a.jpg

Not the doubles I'm running in my subtank mini, but tossed these loose could in on the fly the other day. Sitting at. 43 ohm with Scottish roll and running at 70w.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just so all that don't know.. Any screw or bolt made has to have a way to tighten. So simply put, most prefer the screwdriver type method

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, how right do I need to screw my Atty onto the Ω reader? I attempted to place my troll on there but it wouldn't read anything and I'm scared I'll break it of I screw it on too tightly....

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So apparently my troll RDA is the problem.... popped my velocity on there and barely had to screw it in to get an exact reading

Edit: sure glad I bought the velocity today as my troll is - to the best of my knowledge - completely busted

Last edited:

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1st build on the velocity
7a25ac95414b9b31689b94bfb28ddff8.jpg
please excuse the effects on this first photo edit - after finalizing the edit I discovered a perfect way to clearly see the reading and the coil simultaneously. Moving forward, I'll have much nicer pics than this one.
I'm using it with AvidLyfe's AV Peg Mod & green Samsung INR18650 25R

24AWG 5wraps ID 2mm 0.17Ω

Last edited:

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love all the builds guys thanks for the pics. Here is a 24/32 fused clapton on my Twisted Messes RDA. I need to get a macro lens, this is as close as I could get my camera to focus.
20150927_080921small.jpg

Jonny15678

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there anyway to prevent my RDA from scratching the top of my mod when I screw it in?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like when a 510 is recessed. For me it prevents scratching the mod. As for how to recess it I have no idea.

AndyRoundhead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there anyway to prevent my RDA from scratching the top of my mod when I screw it in?
You can poke a hole in a piece of paper put that inbetween your atty and mod and cut the paper to shape. Hope that helped. Let me know

Sent from my Z995 using Tapatalk

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can poke a hole in a piece of paper put that inbetween your atty and mod and cut the paper to shape. Hope that helped. Let me know

That's a really nice DIY way to do that. Never thought of that one!

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of my builds I've done recently

8da9b4bf171bd1e7065ba6e441999def.jpg

20g ni80 3.5mm ^
e6149b7dae64b13aa0100909e21a5bcd.jpg

18g a1 3.5mm ^
bc1a330340ab891cc198928122d74ab5.jpg

20g a1 3mm^
2ae3b1084d77a3a0ae8616d8ef713871.jpg

Twisted 26g ni80/22g a1 3mm^ I cleaned this one up and made it look pretty
Question can you use ni80 on tc
My first Clapton. 28g kanthal wrapped around 22g kanthal. 4 wraps. Comes in at 0.26Ω
I built it for DIY juice tasting, so I'm leaving it wickless. The 2nd pic shows it positioned close to the deck so I can just tilt it for a bit more juice.

Clapton1.jpg

Clapton2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. I believe you can. Ni80 is a mix of nickel and other alloys. Some say the impurities can be bad, burned at high levels. I can't verify that though. Others say ni200 is better off.

sleepyi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Jonny15678 does your atty have embossed characters on the bottom? I own a Mad Hatter Mini that has embossed lettering on the bottom, hate how it removed some of my kbox mini's ceramic coat :mad:

could even go fancier and get some thin felt from local hobby/craft shop. Or, for an even thinner option, use fabric from old clothes or socks you no longer want/use. I opted to buy a couple heat sink connectors from 3fvape which are completely flat on bottom surface (however, they do add about 10mm of height which I don't mind but others might, subjective)

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your mod is adjustable, you just need to use a flat head screw driver. I did that but the opposite with my smok m80 plus. My rda and subtank mini had a good gap between it and the mod. Gave a couple turns until it was low enough to be flush without rubbing the mod.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sleepyi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
About a month ago, I was not satisfied with regular coils or twisted coils in my Tobeco Velocity RDA. So, I began experimenting making clapton coils by hand. That's right, no drill, don't own one, lmao. One has to be in zen mode to make clapton coils by hand IMHO.

This is my 5th clapton wire I've hand made, it is 26g kanthal inner, 28g kanthal outer, roughly 5.5wraps around 2mm screwdriver.
VelocityClapton2628_zps11aoaz6i.png

Been rockin' this build for about 2.5 weeks now. I burn cleaned the coils and re-wick'd with JOC last night. Resistance dropped from .39 to .33 after tightening the coils up. Flavor for the claptons in the Velocity is just BLAOW, it's so dam good.

Going to order some nichrome 80 to use as inner core soon :] and I think I could do 4.5 wraps to give a bit extra space on the sides for the cottons tho it's sittin pretty sick right now

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Wish I would have thought of that most of my mods (snowwolf, subbox mini, d2 )are scratched from tanks and rda's I only have a few that aren't and this it's due to the material is sig 150w tc love that feel of the metal coating whatever it is

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the exact reason I'm not a mechanic or gear head.....smh lol. Crazy I didn't even know that!

I even knew that lol

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. I believe you can. Ni80 is a mix of nickel and other alloys. Some say the impurities can be bad, burned at high levels. I can't verify that though. Others say ni200 is better off.
I have such a hard time getting the ni200 to read high enough I need it at least .05 ohm and I end up rebuilding so many times because for some reason my ohm read is off sometimes and fine others hmmmm but my difficulty is getting 30g ni200 to read high enough to use most of my mods need no lower than .05ohms

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have such a hard time getting the ni200 to read high enough I need it at least .05 ohm and I end up rebuilding so many times because for some reason my ohm read is off sometimes and fine others hmmmm but my difficulty is getting 30g ni200 to read high enough to use most of my mods need no lower than .05ohms

@dre?????

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Howamy wraps and what diameter? Dual of single coil?

from Tapatalk

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks brother ^ :)

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Jonny How about the black ring under the wrapping of a vented battery and or a piece of the wrapping... Problems solved

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Howamy wraps and what diameter? Dual of single coil?

from Tapatalk
I would like to use 28 but can't get the ohm high enough

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That should be around a .10 are you wraps spaced and not touching? Contact coils don't work well.

from Tapatalk

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That should be around a .10 are you wraps spaced and not touching? Contact coils don't work well.

from Tapatalk
From what I can see yes but I think possibly when I wick it some may touch underneath not sure

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If its reading low something is shorting. Double check everything. That build should be around a .1

from Tapatalk

VU Sponsors