Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Psh that's not micro! 34g cores! that'd be micro :devil: I joke, what's it's resistance? I'd imagine somewhere in the .3-.4 realm?
.42 Ohms Dual Coil but Micro was meant for the Staggering/Fusing, not the cores...I still needed a decent resistance to achieve while keeping surface area wide. It just looks like a Fused Clapton to you eyes but little can you tell its slightly more complex then that. It heats up like a 26g Fused Clapton while keeping a higher resistance then one ;)

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't see how anyone can build on the indestructible... I can't get the stupid ass side with the Phillips screw to grab my wire it just pushes it out of the slot and backs my screw out. This has to be the worst RDA to date and I have no idea what Jaybo was thinking.. I really regret spending a dollar on it. Thought about selling it to someone, but didn't want to curse them with such apiece of shit so I tossed it.

Instagram: @ohmmage
Hahaha... how much? I have two now and I love them. Is it authentic or clone?

They are a pia to build on but they have been the smoothest/most dense vape rda's I have had. Great flavor too.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha... how much? I have two now and I love them. Is it authentic or clone?

They are a pia to build on but they have been the smoothest/most dense vape rda's I have had. Great flavor too.

No vape is worth all that trouble honestly. I want to write Jaybo and ask him wtf he was thinking

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No vape is worth all that trouble honestly. I want to write Jaybo and ask him wtf he was thinking

I hated mine when I first got it. Then I figured out to wrap my coils backwards and then that negative post pushes the lead into the wall and not out of the slot. Have you tried doing that with it yet? It is still a pain but makes a bit easier.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hated mine when I first got it. Then I figured out to wrap my coils backwards and then that negative post pushes the lead into the wall and not out of the slot. Have you tried doing that with it yet? It is still a pain but makes a bit easier.

Like the ends going opposite directions? I'll have to check out a build vid.. I know it has the potential to be a good RDA, but man.. when I just built something and it ends up looking mangled after trying to force it in there.. I get mad.. Another big concern is that the wick might be so pushed up against the barrel.. will that wick well enough? They just need to do all RDAs at 24mm or bigger lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Like the ends going opposite directions? I'll have to check out a build vid.. I know it has the potential to be a good RDA, but man.. when I just built something and it ends up looking mangled after trying to force it in there.. I get mad.. Another big concern is that the wick might be so pushed up against the barrel.. will that wick well enough? They just need to do all RDAs at 24mm or bigger lol

You should be inserting the leads so they will be pulled in wards...i wadnt a fan of the Indestructible Rda either ..I actually traded mine to midwest...it burned my lips too much

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

When I get home, I will take a pic of how mine are setup. When I wick, I have just been using Scottish roll method and pack the coils tight. I haven't had any wicking issues. Just have to make sure you keep your coils at least 1mm from the outer base and the cap or that little metal beat will heat up fast and burn your lips!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should be inserting the leads so they will be pulled in wards...i wadnt a fan of the Indestructible Rda either ..I actually traded mine to midwest...it burned my lips too much
Like Raymo said, have the leg of the coil that goes into the negative post coming down followling the shape of the coil and into the post. As you tighten the screw, it will pull the leg in and push it out towards the"c" in the negative terminal.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And it's mine. All mine. Ahhhhaaaahhhaaaa!!!!!!
Thank you @raymo2u !!!!!!
I made some more today, the pictures dont show them as you see them with your own eyes so I tried to capture how it looks when looking at them but the camera wont focus enough for it too look clean so I had to zoom in to take the pic, the bottom coil looks like how they seem to the eye...and then I took a closer pic:

20160511_150840.jpg 20160511_150832.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Purrrrty

R.I.P. dad. I miss you and love you everyday!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody ever seen anything like this made into a coil? Does it have a name? I was giving Alien coils another shot, and fucking it up per usual, when it started just wrapping up like this. It looked interesting so I let it keep goin (wasnt enough for a full coil tho). It wrapped up in a way that it created a ton of tiny little loops in evenly spaced fashion. It looks like it might be a dope concept. Juice could collect in all those tiny little loops through capillary action, then when the core wires heat itll heat them all up. Wish it would have been enough for a coil or 2. Im gonna try to reproduce it next time I get a chance to do some coils.

4lrgk4.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anybody ever seen anything like this made into a coil? Does it have a name? I was giving Alien coils another shot, and fucking it up per usual, when it started just wrapping up like this. It looked interesting so I let it keep goin (wasnt enough for a full coil tho). It wrapped up in a way that it created a ton of tiny little loops in evenly spaced fashion. It looks like it might be a dope concept. Juice could collect in all those tiny little loops through capillary action, then when the core wires heat itll heat them all up. Wish it would have been enough for a coil or 2. Im gonna try to reproduce it next time I get a chance to do some coils.

4lrgk4.jpg
Looks like an 80's gold chain lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

4lrgk4.jpg
Go over it with toothless pliers while spinning the drill

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did it everyone I got the aliens down can't believe I put them off for so long. And I actually cranked it out in about 20 minutes with my kids running all over the place lol. Now this opens up a whole world of building possibilities. I'm going to cool em up around a 3mm driver and take some pics. Here a pic of the wire with my micro lens. Really thanks everyone for the tips it really helped me out a lot.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    841 KB · Views: 31

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did it everyone I got the aliens down can't believe I put them off for so long. And I actually cranked it out in about 20 minutes with my kids running all over the place lol. Now this opens up a whole world of building possibilities. I'm going to cool em up around a 3mm driver and take some pics. Here a pic of the wire with my micro lens. Really thanks everyone for the tips it really helped me out a lot.
Feeling a bit high on success arent you? I felt pretty floaty and excited for almost a hour afterwards and the day dreamed for 2 days afterwards thinking of what to build using it...I dont think Ive ever gotten the same reaction from any other hobby Ive had yet..

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Feeling a bit high on success arent you? I felt pretty floaty and excited for almost a hour afterwards and the day dreamed for 2 days afterwards thinking of what to build using it...I dont think Ive ever gotten the same reaction from any other hobby Ive had yet..

Yeah I got that going on right now lol. I have never gotten a feeling like this from any other hobby either. The feeling of accomplishment and the fact that I can build this peice of art is quite euphoric. And my wife doesn't get why I'm so excited and why I love building so much.

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm going to do some Alien framed staples after I get my ribbon in next week. I'm so excited! :bingo::stars:
When my vape mail comes in :vapemail:

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went into full production mode today to try and get at least something built for all my new rdas and mods I got this week, and try some shitty 28g 40/42g multi core staggers that went like shit.
0970a5bae3c62423c2f1f093a063c6a8.jpg

Just basic stuff for the most part, there's a couple I might post up later.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think I'm going to do some Alien framed staples after I get my ribbon in next week. I'm so excited! :bingo::stars:
When my vape mail comes in :vapemail:
I actually think its easier to wrap a Alien Framed staple then normal Alien as the Ribbon gives the wire rigidity, as long as your prep work is done ahead of time it can be done very easily. The vape is fantastic though!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I went into full production mode today to try and get at least something built for all my new rdas and mods I got this week, and try some shitty 28g 40/42g multi core staggers that went like shit.
0970a5bae3c62423c2f1f093a063c6a8.jpg

Just basic stuff for the most part, there's a couple I might post up later.
You try Staggering with the Spool tamers yet? It makes it a BREEZE...

See? This is the 38g Staggering happening right here for those builds from earlier...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByjxYyTSvEyBM3MyeE5FbWRUMGc

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@blakemorder ahh man at least tie them together in pairs with some wire...my oh see deeee :gaah:

looks like a good day of building though :cheers:

edit - awesome work @mcrazzle54 :cheers: that feels great. i just did my first couple sets last week.

Last edited:

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't wait to get my sample coils!!

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@blakemorder ahh man at least tie them together in pairs with some wire...my oh see deeee :gaah:

looks like a good day of building though :cheers:

edit - awesome work @mcrazzle54 :cheers: that feels great. i just did my first couple sets last week.
Haha I was in a big hurry to clean up so that's what I got, hindsight being 20/20 I have to dump the whole thing out if I want to get anything out of there.

RedheadedBStarD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another reef coil. This one fused. 2x 26g 316L cores with 0.5x0.1 N80 wrap. 0.32 ohms with a 2.4mm ID. I stripped the wrap off the leads on this one and have no issues with temp control.

Sorry for the photo overload, but I was really happy with the coloration of this one.

5avgExa.jpgl

MviGWFs.jpgl

noJoBmw.jpgl

g08Rmzp.jpgl

CUlp9W9.jpgl

QAG6QDt.jpgl

qCZVR7l.jpgl

5ppiqzG.jpgl

z2ZY1di.jpgl

V0gakg7.jpgl

vwEHN6H.jpgl

oHXEX1x.jpgl

pX5F6fV.jpgl

9NkU3Xo.jpgl

lxCy6VV.jpgl

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Another reef coil. This one fused. 2x 26g 316L cores with 0.5x0.1 N80 wrap. 0.32 ohms with a 2.4mm ID. I stripped the wrap off the leads on this one and have no issues with temp control.

Sorry for the photo overload, but I was really happy with the coloration of this one.

5avgExa.jpgl

MviGWFs.jpgl

noJoBmw.jpgl

g08Rmzp.jpgl

CUlp9W9.jpgl

QAG6QDt.jpgl

qCZVR7l.jpgl

5ppiqzG.jpgl

z2ZY1di.jpgl

V0gakg7.jpgl

vwEHN6H.jpgl

oHXEX1x.jpgl

pX5F6fV.jpgl

9NkU3Xo.jpgl

lxCy6VV.jpgl
They look much better now that they are twisted a bit more! Nice coloring also!

Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not cotton - it's a new wicking material that I'll be carrying soon called "Silk" from eWick. What don't you like about Pima? I've never tried it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's not cotton - it's a new wicking material that I'll be carrying soon called "Silk" from eWick. What don't you like about Pima? I've never tried it.
The taste of break in, it looks very similar though. Its difficult for it to absorb at first and the taste is much like burning some treebark and thats without a dryhit...and I kept tasting it even after 2 tanks in the Boreas...I bought some NW Platinum Blend and CB V2 right after that..Never again.

This is that PIMA cotton(It LOOKS great, but its worse then toilet paper for wicking):

20160502_135340.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So you set it up like this and it will perfectly space your claptons?

You turn it to adjust for how much spacing wanted and you have to hold it to keep that spacing, after a few times grooves start being eroded into the plastic and you wont need to hold it anymore. Its almost like a adjustable staggering machine ;)

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

5avgExa.jpgl

MviGWFs.jpgl

noJoBmw.jpgl

g08Rmzp.jpgl

CUlp9W9.jpgl

QAG6QDt.jpgl

qCZVR7l.jpgl

5ppiqzG.jpgl

z2ZY1di.jpgl

V0gakg7.jpgl

vwEHN6H.jpgl

oHXEX1x.jpgl

pX5F6fV.jpgl

9NkU3Xo.jpgl

lxCy6VV.jpgl
Nicely done... Haven't seen any of these before? Same concept as a tsuka just twisted more?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The taste of break in, it looks very similar though.
Yeah, this stuff has a bit of a flavor break in period, also. The pima looks a lot fluffier than the Silk. The Silk is extremely absorbent, once it's saturated. You only use about half of what you would use for cotton (it expands 2X once wet). The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's pretty much impossible to use for a Scottish roll. Otherwise, I love it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, this stuff has a bit of a flavor break in period, also. The pima looks a lot fluffier than the Silk. The Silk is extremely absorbent, once it's saturated. You only use about half of what you would use for cotton (it expands 2X once wet). The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's pretty much impossible to use for a Scottish roll. Otherwise, I love it.
I was sent some Rayon the other day from a member because they said its the best wicking stuff in the world in their opinion...Its great, its like a super cheap Cotton Bacon...which is my favorite wicking material so far but it has this feeling to it...It doesnt compress well when rolled...it makes light squeeaaaaky noises when its rubbed together and the feeling on the fingers and that sound accompanying it sends chills down my spine and covers me in goosebumps, even now typing it and thinking of it Im getting those reactions....Its great, no break in, no taste, lasts long but wicking a coil with it is a cruel task!

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just stick with my cotton pads.. I finally tried the cotton bacon the other day and it's the shit in my opinion.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You turn it to adjust for how much spacing wanted and you have to hold it to keep that spacing, after a few times grooves start being eroded into the plastic and you wont need to hold it anymore. Its almost like a adjustable staggering machine ;)

I havent gotten it to work long enough to cut into the plastic lol.

What happens when I try to let it go is some how the wire from the spool ends up getting pulled so tight it pulls on the wire being wound, and eventually it snaps. For me the tamers are just good for not having the spool go buck wild and unwrapping itself. As far as "auto wrapping" claptons, its a fail.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I havent gotten it to work long enough to cut into the plastic lol.

What happens when I try to let it go is some how the wire from the spool ends up getting pulled so tight it pulls on the wire being wound, and eventually it snaps. For me the tamers are just good for not having the spool go buck wild and unwrapping itself. As far as "auto wrapping" claptons, its a fail.
Then you have them set too tight on the spool if the wire is breaking...there should be that much tension on the wire. you do need to keep good pressure on the drill also or it wiggles. This goes for just about anything and everything in life....if its not properly set up it will fail, no matter what it is....dont call it a failed method yet as you havent gotten it adjusted properly. For "Auto Claptoning" you should have the wire feeding towards the drill, the wire as it is pulled from the drill should face the drill. Next, make sure the tamer can easily glide around the spool while pulling on the wire, if you cant pull it easily then its too tight. Make sure you have the wire perfectly in the center of your drill, this lends to keeping it straighter, spinning with less resistance, and you can leave the drill once it gets down a few inches....try doing it with one finger holding the spool a few times first.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They really should make bags of cotton bacon like they do with the pharmacy organic cotton bags

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then you have them set too tight on the spool if the wire is breaking...there should be that much tension on the wire. you do need to keep good pressure on the drill also or it wiggles. This goes for just about anything and everything in life....if its not properly set up it will fail, no matter what it is....dont call it a failed method yet as you havent gotten it adjusted properly. For "Auto Claptoning" you should have the wire feeding towards the drill, the wire as it is pulled from the drill should face the drill. Next, make sure the tamer can easily glide around the spool while pulling on the wire, if you cant pull it easily then its too tight. Make sure you have the wire perfectly in the center of your drill, this lends to keeping it straighter, spinning with less resistance, and you can leave the drill once it gets down a few inches....try doing it with one finger holding the spool a few times first.

I dont mean the wire feeding from the spool breaks, I mean the core wire being wrapped breaks. Its strange, youd think the thinner wire would snap first. But Ive tried it numerous ways, and it just dont work. Ive had the tamer on there everywhere between a little tight to barely on and it always does the same thing.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They really should make bags of cotton bacon like they do with the pharmacy organic cotton bags

They can due to its form, its like thick strips instead of puffy balls...you'd be amazed on how long one of those bags last...

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They can due to its form, its like thick strips instead of puffy balls...you'd be amazed on how long one of those bags last...
Yeah my little bag lasted me a good while. Just saying a bigger bag would be cool to have also :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dont mean the wire feeding from the spool breaks, I mean the core wire being wrapped breaks. Its strange, youd think the thinner wire would snap first. But Ive tried it numerous ways, and it just dont work. Ive had the tamer on there everywhere between a little tight to barely on and it always does the same thing.
What size core are you using? Im thinking your swivels are binding or the wire is twisting at the drill enough to break...that would also mean that the tamer is on there too tight or your drill spins much faster then mine does....try a slower setting.

VU Sponsors