Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I never hear her complain. But maybe she doesn't get dry hits...
And why in hell would anyone want to pay the outrageous price of tampons to tear up and use as wicks when you can get a hundred yards at the beauty store for $10?
I guess some people are just kinky that way?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't tell y'all that I actually built what some folks might think is a coil the other day. It is horrid.

A Sig-S RDA that I ordered showed up, and with it came some silica wicking, and some wire that looks like you could hang a tiny picture on the wall with it. The coil I made with that stuff ended up testing at 1.4 ohms. I gave it quite a few wraps, thinking that would make it a little easier on the throat. Well, no.

I just consulted a coil wrapping calculator that tells me that, for the number of wraps I had and the resistance I ended up with, the wire was 32AWG, and I should have had my mod set at 7.4W. So I just tried that, and have to work myself to death to get vapor, and then when I do get vapor, it burns like a bitch.

Need to try the pre-made coils with the cotton I ordered, but as of right now, I'm not happy with this at all. And I KNOW that I am not going to be building coils like the ones I ordered.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I didn't tell y'all that I actually built what some folks might think is a coil the other day. It is horrid.

A Sig-S RDA that I ordered showed up, and with it came some silica wicking, and some wire that looks like you could hang a tiny picture on the wall with it. The coil I made with that stuff ended up testing at 1.4 ohms. I gave it quite a few wraps, thinking that would make it a little easier on the throat. Well, no.

I just consulted a coil wrapping calculator that tells me that, for the number of wraps I had and the resistance I ended up with, the wire was 32AWG, and I should have had my mod set at 7.4W. So I just tried that, and have to work myself to death to get vapor, and then when I do get vapor, it burns like a bitch.

Need to try the pre-made coils with the cotton I ordered, but as of right now, I'm not happy with this at all. And I KNOW that I am not going to be building coils like the ones I ordered.

32 Gauge is awfully thin - not really meant for regulated vaping at all

I like 28 gauge for regulated vaping when I was at about 1.5 ohm or so

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I only do roundwire coils and it works fine.
yeah silica wrapped coils are a pain and all mine were ugly too.
Wrapping around a little screwdriver and using cotton wicking is much easier and I like it better as well.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the weather guessers said 3 - 5 inches we had 11 inches ant 6:00 tonight and still snowing
Yeah, they are predicting 4" here tomorrow night. Looking at the maps, we will either get nothing at all or we'll get at least twice what they claim. And the sad part is that we have been having significant melting and the ground has actually warmed enough for the standing water to soak in and the mud is starting to dry out. More snow and we get to start all over again... I need it to be gone so the pasture grass will start growing because we're getting kind of low on hay.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Need to get another shed built when weather permits...it's nice to get out of the house, into one's own lil world.
Almost finished putting new siding on the house here. I started last summer, but physical limitations prevented me from completing it then.
This stuff is 4 x 8 sheets of wood-look Masonite. Hubby could not even burn scraps of it.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Almost finished putting new siding on the house here. I started last summer, but physical limitations prevented me from completing it then.
This stuff is 4 x 8 sheets of wood-look Masonite. Hubby could not even burn scraps of it.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk
Hope you get it finished...!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep....sounds interesting. Might be my last purchase of vape-anything-related.
Only problem I see is that it seems to only have 1 replay setting, would be nice if it had 4 or 5 for different attys.
but that may be due to slight resistance differences each time an atty is screwed on?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you watch the video with DJ (some-body), and the guy from Evolve, they were at a convention or something, but he had the 250C, was vaping just like Mark stated.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
G'day Old Pharts!

Stockpiling has begun, such as it is. Don't have much money for it, but ordered a bunch of pre-built coils, some bottles, a replacement RBA head for my Zephyrus, and some inexpensive Nautilus coils (just one pack, to try out) from FT, then 3-60ml bottles of nic and some PG and VG from Vape Wild.

Stinks that we have to do this, but I'm glad to know now rather than to get caught off-guard at the first of August, which I would have, had it not been for you folks.

Left knee feels like it's as big as my head today. Hurts. Not sure what's up, but it's kept me in this chair for the better part of the day.

I hesitate to say this, because it seems that many of you have a lot of loyalty to the fellow who works at BCF, but business is business. I was looking for a place the other day where I could order some coils for my son's Uforce tank and some DIY stuff for myself at the same place, to keep from having to pay shipping twice. Stumbled across eliquids.com. Not a good place for nic, but great prices on flavors, and apparently free shipping no matter how much you buy. I placed a $30+ order and there was free shipping, then the next day I placed a $10 order and was surprised to see that shipping was still free. If you order frequently, the $4+ that BCF charges adds up. Plus, I really think they have some flavors at eliquids that I have not seen at BCF (I was mostly looking at the TFA line).

I will post back about shipping time and such, if you are interested. Just placed these orders on Friday and Saturday, so not time for them to arrive yet.

Hope all of you are well and safe today.

Jane

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
G"Afternoon nadalama, what did you do to your knee? If you run a tub of hoy as you can stand water then add Epsom Salts and soak in it for an hour it will make it a lot less painful, I do it every day

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh and btw I was wrong on the drop dead date for the FDA Deeming regs.

I relied on the Not Blowing Smoke site for my information, which has not been updated :headbang:

Anyway I went to the FDA website and it appears that the drop dead date for the =PMTA and equivalence applications has been extended a couple years or so.
However all other regs reamin as per origional. Things such as advertising restrictions, etc.

And I have some confusion as it appeared to me that the PMTA extension only applied to devices being sold in the USA prior to 8-8-2016?

Everything I have seen indicates that any vaping stuff introduced to US market after 8-8-2016 requires prior PMTA approval before it can be csold here?

May just be confused though as my legalese is not the best.
Why I mistakenly depended on the Not Blowing smoke site for information in the first place.

But in any case unless the regs are changed it will get much worse for vaping over the next few years.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@The Cromwell no matter how you slice that, being given a reprieve is good news. A lot can happen with research in a couple of years. Maybe (not likely, but maybe) the FDA will start to take in some of the research that's being done in Britain, where they are finding significant health benefits from vaping over cigarette smoking. Now, if we can just get the folks (read, PARENTS) here in the US to keep their underage kids out of vape shops and out of their own stashes at home.

@Jimi thank you for asking. I have hurt my knees repeatedly over the years, falls and such, and have arthritis, but I imagine most of what's wrong with them now is all the extra walking I did while we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago. i have been gimping around here pretty badly ever since, but I can really feel additional swelling in my left knee today, and don't recall doing anything to injure it beyond that.

Also figured out that the problem with the coil I built really isn't so much the coil as the way I was trying to vape with it. Not much airflow in that RDA, need to allow extra air in, even with the coil being over an ohm in resistance. It's a lot better with more air.

Feels sometimes like vaping is a never-ending learning experience. I've been at it since 2011, in a lazy sort of way, so now I'm in the spot I'm in. :eek:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I have to ask. WHAT do you have against black mods?

And WHO is TonyB?
Just like White or SS mods.
SS for tanks and attys.

TonyB is the reviewer that had the whine fest over Voopoo supposedly screwing him on his lifelong dream mod that Vandy Vape was makiing with his name on it.

And the funny thing is it is contraband since it was introduced to the USA after 8-8-2016 and has not had PMTA approval.
That much of the Deeming regs does not seem to have changed.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I have to ask. WHAT do you have against black mods?

And WHO is TonyB?

Tony B is a notorious black mod lover who....

Just kidding

Cromwell is obviously a white mod supremist

Tony B is a YT reviewer turned shill turned "designer" who created a minor internet shitstorm a few weeks back, that has since been supplanted by the great Reddit vaping ban

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
OH Y'ALL Listen! My damn work called and woke me up TWICE in the middle of the night last night. I swear, I have been on call 24/7 for the last 28 years.

Some other programmer's program had a problem in our production work that gets run over the weekend. The operations folks tried to call him and he didn't answer the phone. So they made the decision to call me.

I didn't leave here (the forum) until after midnight last night, so hadn't even been asleep for two hours when they called. I told the Ops girl to ring the other guy's phone off the hook for a while, give him 30-45 minutes to call back, and if he didn't, then she'd need to call me back.

Well, she did call me back. Said they still couldn't get up with the other guy. So I hauled my sleepy ass out of bed, came in here and had to start up my work computer and put my brain in gear to troubleshoot a problem at 3 am.

The guy they couldn't get on the phone outranks me and always has, and makes considerably more money than me. Over the last few years he's turned into a PITA. I was always very fond of him before, and a bit sentimental - he's the one who trained me when I came to work, brand spanking new and learning while I was on the job. I asked him a lot of aggravating questions and he helped me a lot back then. But damn, that was 1990, and this is now. This mess with him now has been going on for years. I think his interest in working has become almost nonexistent. He's four years older than me, so that makes him 66. He could retire if he doesn't want to work. Upshot of it all is, I don't want to pick up behind him. I have a massive project of my own to do.

So I chewed my husband's ears off this morning for about an hour, fussing about this and a multitude of other problems at my work. After all that, I came to the conclusion that there is not one damn thing I can do about any of it without making things worse for myself.

Working at our age just bites. That's my conclusion.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tony B is a notorious black mod lover who....

Just kidding

Cromwell is obviously a white mod supremist

Tony B is a YT reviewer turned shill turned "designer" who created a minor internet shitstorm a few weeks back, that has since been supplanted by the great Reddit vaping ban

Thats me!

And the TonyB thing did not run very long did it?

VU Sponsors