Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WTF I never heard that.

yep the cutoff date for ANY new vape products on the US market was Dec 2016 I think?
After that date no NEW products are allowed to be sold in the USA without prior PMTA approval by the FDA.

So come to think about it TonyB has been promoting contraband!
such a nice guy criminal...

they are gearing up fairly soon for inspections and enforcement.
gonna bed a bad scene over the next 2-3 years for vaping.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yep rebuildables and DIY are our insurance against the future reg enforcement.
There is even mention of seizing vape stuff coming in the mail from China.

The last time I ordered juice from China it took over six weeks to get here. There may be some difference in how it's being handled already. I thought I wasn't going to get it at all, and then just the other day it showed up. I ordered it on February 5.

Can the FDA keep people from buying nicotine for DIY? Could it get to the point that the police could hand out citations for vaping in cars?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
WTF I never heard that.

I think you were pretty sick probably when the deeming regs got published - while several dates for implementing these rules to kill vaping have changed, the actual rules have not

That is why people like me and Cromwell have become vape hoarders

Most makers and vape shops have ignored all the rules, but the FDA did indeed put out an RFP to hire a contractor to do vape inspections for compliance with the rules, which we have all flouted as much as possible

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The last time I ordered juice from China it took nearly six weeks to get here. There may be some difference in how it's being handled already. I thought I wasn't going to get it at all, and then just the other day it showed up. I ordered it on February 5.

Can the FDA keep people from buying nicotine for DIY?

Probably on Nic

PG, VG and flavorings will still be available as long as they are not marketed as for vaping use

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, no way would I own over 40 squonkers if I wasn't trying to make sure I can vape at as high a level as possible without buying anything new for the rest of my life
yep same here with my stuff I ordered combined with my present stash will be good for the rest of my life and maybe an help someone else out too.

I will only have about 15 squonkers and about the same of regulated regular mods and about 10 mechs. I have been looking for deals and building my stash for almost 3 years because of the deeming regs.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I have a box full of mech mods that I may end up using after all. Hell, I've probably got enough juice in this house right now to last me a year.

Can you store nic in the freezer? Seems like I read that you can.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I have a box full of mech mods that I may end up using after all. Hell, I've probably got enough juice in this house right now to last me a year.

Can you store nic in the freezer? Seems like I read that you can.
Yep I store my nic in 120 ml glass bottles in the deep freeze.
I also store MY PG/VG and extra flavorings in there. I keep the flavorings I am working with in the fridge.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucy, just looked at the Deeming timeline again and ALL PMTA applications must be filed by August 8, 2018 for all products on the market as of August 8, 2016.
That explains the enforcement starting up if no PMTA app on file the product gets pulled after 8-8-2018.
Easy to verify was not easy to do up till the PMTA deadline.
will be as easy as scanning a barcode since the barcode was required in the product registration last year.
So scan it and if no matching PMTA app or an invalid scan the item is contraband.

Damn! TonyB has to sell a lot of mods before August!

As I said it is gonna get nasty soon.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also on the reddit thing giving away Vape stuff is illegal per FDA Regs.
And technically all juice makers must have a tobacco manufacturers license and sellers must have a tobacco retailers license.

Yeah well, they can fucking BITE ME. I'll keep selling it to one of my son's friends, because he says it's the best strawberry juice he's ever tasted. Plus, when he's broke, I'll let him owe me, or use his gas card to put gas in our truck (he and my son ride-share over to a more-distant campus where they have one class) and there ain't ANY stores that do that. :giggle:

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah well, they can fucking BITE ME. I'll keep selling it to one of my son's friends, because he says it's the best strawberry juice he's ever tasted. Plus, when he's broke, I'll let him owe me, or use his gas card to put gas in our truck (he and my son ride-share over to a more-distant campus where they have one class) and there ain't ANY stores that do that. :giggle:

Andria
Ohh I do not think you will have any problems it is the ones working it as a business on Reddit and places.
or vape shops and such.

Technically... vape shops will be pretty much shut down on aug 8 this year per the deeming regs. Since they sell virtually nothing that was on the market before 8-8-2016.

reddit and other places will be just trying to stay legal.
And the No advertising thing kicks in in May this year...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yep the cutoff date for ANY new vape products on the US market was Dec 2016 I think?
After that date no NEW products are allowed to be sold in the USA without prior PMTA approval by the FDA.

So come to think about it TonyB has been promoting contraband!
such a nice guy criminal...

they are gearing up fairly soon for inspections and enforcement.
gonna bed a bad scene over the next 2-3 years for vaping.
Well that just sucks

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you were pretty sick probably when the deeming regs got published - while several dates for implementing these rules to kill vaping have changed, the actual rules have not

That is why people like me and Cromwell have become vape hoarders

Most makers and vape shops have ignored all the rules, but the FDA did indeed put out an RFP to hire a contractor to do vape inspections for compliance with the rules, which we have all flouted as much as possible
Yeah i was pretty out of it for quite a while and missed most of that, shit i need to stock pile some goods here while I can.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohh I do not think you will have any problems it is the ones working it as a business on Reddit and places.
or vape shops and such.

Technically... vape shops will be pretty much shut down on aug 8 this year per the deeming regs.

I was a little worried back in 2016 when all this shit started, because at that time I was selling juice to a 16 yr old up the street... but I think he must have either moved, or quit vaping, because I haven't seen him since a few weeks after my mother died, so I guess that must have been like Nov 2016. I distinctly recall it because he came by on the day we were going to the funeral home for the visitation, and I couldn't help him because we were just about to walk out the door; I told him to come back in 2 days, since we had the funeral the next day... but he didn't show up for 2-3 wks... and that was the last I've seen of him.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Several flavoring companys that market their flavorings as for vaping use can be pulled from the market after August 8 this year.

Capella does not so I am ok ;)

I do not think that nicotine unless actually marketed as for vape is actually hit yet, but I expect it to be later..
I do not recall it being specified anywhere. heck it could be used as insecticide :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Several flavoring companys that market their flavorings as for vaping use can be pulled from the market after August 8 this year.

Most that are made and marketed for vaping have at least put their applications in - we'll see if the FDA actually approves anything though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most that are made and marketed for vaping have at least put their applications in - we'll see if the FDA actually approves anything though
If the app is in they should be good till 8-8-2019.

Most vape juice outfits and hardware sellers will NOT be submitting PMTA apps though because of the cost involved.
And no guarantee whatsoever of approval.
Afik Snus has been the only product to survive the PMTA process.
I know of no vape products that have passed.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they registered but no PMTA I think.
That would be maybe tens of millions of dollars for say Flavorah.
Each flavor is a separate PMTA app and cost estimates are several hundred thousand per app.

Same deal on ejuice.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've said before, somewhere in the forum. Nicotine keeps me from having to take ADD meds. I need it for as long as I continue to work.

There's also lots of evidence that it slows or faults symptoms of dementia and Parkinson's - which is of great concern to me

In fact, I was kinda worried there for awhile because I was naturally feeling the need for less nicotine but I am convinced some intake has benefits

Alzheimers is almost a given on both sides of my family :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've said before, somewhere in the forum. Nicotine keeps me from having to take ADD meds. I need it for as long as I continue to work.

I agree about ADD; I'm pretty sure that my starting to smoke when I was not-quite-14 is the only reason I managed to actually graduate from high school. One day when I was about a week into switching to vape-only and no smoking, one morning it took me about 4 hrs to make breakfast, because I just couldn't go step by step in any sort of normal timeline, just couldn't focus. Now if I find myself a bit spacy (had it bad over xmas, with all the various to-ing and fro-ing), I'll goose my next bottle of juice about half a mg. It does help!

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I've just started DIY, but already it's time to stop buying flavors and start stockpiling nicotine.

Also might buy a bunch of those Zephyrus coils that I found for $4.95 a pack. They're ceramic under cotton, so each one should last a good long time, especially on lower wattage.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I gotta figure out how to duplicate that new cotton bacon prime - I am liking it a lot and would be sad if I ever ran out and couldn't get more

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep I am ADD as well no hyper component just ADD.
Always have been....
Actually diagnosed at around 60.

I was never actually diagnosed, but my son was, and I recognized his problems were exactly the same as I had suffered in school. Neither of us had the hyperactive element either, just the attention problems. And like me, when I attended some adult education at the age of 28, now that my son is fully grown, he seems to have gained a lot of control over his problems, too -- I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when you go to school as an adult, it's a choice -- when you're a kid, it's a requirement, and we know how much kids like THOSE. :D Also, as an adult, you're generally studying something that has some bearing on what you actually want to do -- public school teaches you all kinds of useless shit that society thinks is necessary -- like fucking PE! :facepalm: I actually failed PE, for not dressing out -- that's what happens when you give teenage girls PE for FIRST PERIOD! None of us want to go around all day smelling sweaty!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And because of the upcoming date I am not going to be trying the prime you sent me as i might get hooked on it like I did with the Cotton Bacon V2.
Ahh need to order about 20 packs of that btw.

Try the prime - if you like it better you can order 20 packs of that instead :wave:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which makes me very glad to be so happy with Shiseido cotton -- the FDA does not want to deprive a lot of well-heeled ladies of their BEAUTY PRODUCTS! :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors