Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure is... everywhere I look.

Hey, here's something else odd: It is Spring and Easter, technically, should be this Sunday. Why? Because the method for deciding when Easter should be is that it is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox (a very Pagan method for calculating a date that should have been cast in stone a couple thousand years ago). Anyway, given that Spring happened the other day and, scientifically, the moon became full 4 hours after the vernal equinox, then the first Sunday to follow that would be March 24th. But it appears that the Church has decided that the full moon needs to be on a different day than the Vernal Equinox, in spite of the fact that they have always followed the above rule, so you don't get to bite the ears off a chocolate bunny until April 21st.
Oh well it is a co-opted Pagan holiday anyway.
Same as Christmas.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh well it is a co-opted Pagan holiday anyway.
Same as Christmas.
I could write up a 10-20 page diatribe about ALL religious holidays (of ALL religions), what over-lays what and why, but I promised to be a good boy on that subject, so I'm gonna zip it at this point and just grin at everyone. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Timed myself today.
Made 2 120 ml bottles of Cromwell's Custard and it took me 6 min start to finish cleanup included.
And I did not rush, just got curious so looked at clock before starting and when done.
I mix by volume btw.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Y'all,
I thought Winter had returned when we went out for morning chores today. The sky was overcast, the thermometer said it was 29 ºF and we had a wind of 20-25 mph, so wind chill was about 13 ºF. Later in the day, the sun peeked out and we got up to 43 ºF, so there is still hope.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Y'all,
I thought Winter had returned when we went out for morning chores today. The sky was overcast, the thermometer said it was 29 ºF and we had a wind of 20-25 mph, so wind chill was about 13 ºF. Later in the day, the sun peeked out and we got up to 43 ºF, so there is still hope.
Was chilly here for the end of March...upper 60's......really strange.

Hopefully it sticks with this pattern throughout the summer, but I won't hold my breath.....:rolleyes:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same shit different day, Don...hopefully someone had an interesting day......:popcorn:

Pretty average really. Went to work. Came home. Had frozen pizza for dinner. Better half is keeping me out of the living room with Steel Magnolias and figure skating. At least it was in the 80's today.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty average really. Went to work. Came home. Had frozen pizza for dinner. Better half is keeping out of the living room with Steel Magnolias and figure skating. At least it was in the 80's today.
I have the heat turned on tonight......:cry:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made another Caps V1 vanilla custard with lemongrass (combo) juice today, damn that tastes good (refreshing and different). Generally lemons-limes fade, FLV lemongrass doesn't...++++

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening pholks...and the one fossil......:rolleyes:.............:vino:
The One Fossil reporting for duty, Sir!
Was about 80 today
Well, we hit 52 (back down to just above freezing at the moment, however), and after evening chores, Lannie and I walked out into the pasture to look at a large accumulation of water forming there. It seems, even though our large drifts don't seem to be going away, those areas with a uniform 1-2 feet seem to be melting unusually rapidly for the given temperatures. What seems to be our major problem is the neighboring ranch across the highway with a huge pasture on a hillside the slopes toward the highway, and in the SE corner of our property is a culvert large enough you can walk through it, so his entire pasture melting is draining into our pastures and the horse pasture is about 75% covered in water and the cow pasture is about 50% LAKE! (not as much area covered but it is much deeper) And all that seems to be trying to move out our NW corner via a set of rapids going through the north tree rows. It is ruining our cross fencing and the calves can cross easily into the wrong pastures and... (blah blah blah) On the other hand, this warmer weather allowed us to have ice cream for dessert after dinner tonight. :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank goodness it's cooling off at night, or it would be a true nightmare......
Yeah... first thing in the morning everything is iced over (likely at least for the rest of this month), but the ice is thin. While I was dragging a sled of hay out to feed the horse/cows this morning, I stepped carefully on an ice-covered puddle and broke through and my boots sank in about four inches in nasty sticky mud.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... first thing in the morning everything is iced over (likely at least for the rest of this month), but the ice is thin. While I was dragging a sled of hay out to feed the horse/cows this morning, I stepped carefully on an ice-covered puddle and broke through and my boots sank in about four inches in nasty sticky mud.
You have that nasty red clay up yonder?....been so long since I've been anywhere near you, I can't remember now.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You have that nasty red clay up yonder?....been so long since I've been anywhere near you, I can't remember now.
Not out here on the prairie... it is mostly million-year-old ocean bottom: very thick layer of sandy loam on top of sandstone..

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not out here on the prairie... it is mostly million-year-old ocean bottom: very thick layer of sandy loam on top of sandstone..
Oh, now I remember, you've explained it before, but as usual, this fossil FORGOT again.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A small collection of OLD Hollywood Squares game show responses for your amusement:

Q. Paul, what is a good reason for pounding meat?
A. Paul Lynde: Loneliness!
(The audience laughed so long and so hard it took up almost 15 minutes of the show!)

Q. Do female frogs croak?
A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be
A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years...
A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
A.. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
A.. Rose Marie: No wait until morning.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. What are 'Do It,' 'I Can Help,' and 'I Can't Get Enough'?
A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?
A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
A. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?
A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.

Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?
A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
A. Charley Weaver: His feet.

Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
A. Paul Lynde: Point and laugh

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A small collection of OLD Hollywood Squares game show responses for your amusement:

Q. Paul, what is a good reason for pounding meat?
A. Paul Lynde: Loneliness!
(The audience laughed so long and so hard it took up almost 15 minutes of the show!)

Q. Do female frogs croak?
A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be
A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years...
A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
A.. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
A.. Rose Marie: No wait until morning.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. What are 'Do It,' 'I Can Help,' and 'I Can't Get Enough'?
A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?
A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
A. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet?
A. Rose Marie: Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.

Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?
A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
A. Charley Weaver: His feet.

Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
A. Paul Lynde: Point and laugh
Good one, Rich....hell.. I forgot about that show decades ago......:giggle:

They certainly don't make um like they used to.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, folks, the clock say 12:34 and I am past time to dream about going back in time, so I'm gonna log off and go saw some logs... ZZzzzzz

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So we are Phossils now?
No, you aren't. It is a comment I made last month on my 70th birthday that Han Solo (of Star Wartz fame), when referring to Obe Wan Kenobe, asked of Luke, "Where did you find that old Fossil?" ... and that, me being the oldest of the current posters in this Old Phartz thread, had probably graduated to Fossil status.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Believe it's safe to begin planting, but I'm considering your idea with the posts instead of the earth.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Was a beautiful day in the neighborhood today.
Seems Winter wasn't really done with us yet. Out for morning chores at 33 ºF, windy, heavy wet fog with visibility about 50 yards. The overcast and fog lasted all day and the high barely touched 38 ºF. Right at the moment, it is 29 ºF and that heavy wet fog has decreased visibility to about 50 feet.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess I'll have ORANGE (home depot) potted plants, no salt licks in my neighborhood, although I wish there was.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, I get it, It was POTS, not POSTS. Duh. Wake up Rich. Yeah, I bet it would be hard to find emptied mineral lick tubs in Scottsdale. But if you're ever in my neighborhood, I'll give ya some.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems Winter wasn't really done with us yet. Out for morning chores at 33 ºF, windy, heavy wet fog with visibility about 50 yards. The overcast and fog lasted all day and the high barely touched 38 ºF. Right at the moment, it is 29 ºF and that heavy wet fog has decreased visibility to about 50 feet.
That is just nasty ass weather....I'd rather have it 10 below.

VU Sponsors