Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad to hear that nasty shit is finally disappearing.
Very slowly. The mud is all in the places I already cleared, but there are still many 6-foot drifts and one really big 10-footer, not to mention all the huge piles I made from previous clearing.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nitey nite, Dale, and everyone else. I am going to put my tired achy body under the covers now and hope it will actually get up tomorrow when Lannie wakes me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped my Pico Squeeze today. The little bottle door on the bottom went sailing somewhere....
Good thing I had bought 10 extra :)

Survived the trip to the big city with the SIL. Barely...
Felt like Kurt Russel...
Every route I tried to take to get out of town was fouled with accidents and such...
ESCAPE from Lexington!

UberCrom made it though.
Tomorrow I am not scheduled to take anyone anywhere.... First day in 7 days,,,
Supposed to rain too....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dropped my Pico Squeeze today. The little bottle door on the bottom went sailing somewhere....
Good thing I had bought 10 extra :)

Survived the trip to the big city with the SIL. Barely...
Felt like Kurt Russel...
Every route I tried to take to get out of town was fouled with accidents and such...
ESCAPE from Lexington!

UberCrom made it though.
Tomorrow I am not scheduled to take anyone anywhere.... First day in 7 days,,,
Supposed to rain too....
Hahhaha.....:giggle:

Good to hear it wasn't that much of a nightmare.....:teehee:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hola fossils pholks.....:vino:

LONG day, this fossil is hitting the hay early tonight.....:zombie:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went into a hobby shop yesterday in the big city to pivck up a few things. Exacto saw blade and such.
There was an obnoxious 20 something vaper in there that had a Smok tube mod thing attached to his hand and just kept going on about it.
Don't think the guy ever stopped talking the entire time I was in there.
Had he been not so obnoxious I would have pulled out my Pico Wasp setup and talked vaping with him a bit since I see so few vapers in the wild where I live.

Do many vapers that also have a smart phone lose the use of both hands?
How do they drive?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still sore from the tumble?
Yeah, though one ache I can't quite figure out. My right knee feels like it is about to fall off -- very loose and very painful. But I do not remember impacting on it at all during that fall. I know us fossils don't have good memory, but I remember all the other spots I hit. So where does this pain come from? o_O
How was your day, Rich?
Nothing new here, eat work sleep....repeat.
Pretty much the same here. I did manage all the usual chores today, though nothing out of the ordinary (i.e., SSDD),

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening fossils-n-pholks.........:vino:

Rained again this morning....more rain than I've seen in 40+ yrs in Arizona.

But - it cleared up, and stayed fairly cool for the end of March, upper 60's low 70's....really odd weather....:xD:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
really odd weather....
Sure is... everywhere I look.

Hey, here's something else odd: It is Spring and Easter, technically, should be this Sunday. Why? Because the method for deciding when Easter should be is that it is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox (a very Pagan method for calculating a date that should have been cast in stone a couple thousand years ago). Anyway, given that Spring happened the other day and, scientifically, the moon became full 4 hours after the vernal equinox, then the first Sunday to follow that would be March 24th. But it appears that the Church has decided that the full moon needs to be on a different day than the Vernal Equinox, in spite of the fact that they have always followed the above rule, so you don't get to bite the ears off a chocolate bunny until April 21st.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you you usually begin planting the garden?

I still haven't planted mine, supposed to be in the low 50's at night for the next few days.....which is ODD.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How was your day, Rich?

Warm up any worth mentioning?
SSDD (again). The thermometer said it was 49 outside today, which was warmer than forecast again, but the really weird part is that Lannie was too hot (no, not that way :(). She turned off the heaters, turned on the fan, opened both doors and one window and the inside thermometer still claimed it was 78. So I guess Spring is here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SSDD (again). The thermometer said it was 49 outside today, which was warmer than forecast again, but the really weird part is that Lannie was too hot (no, not that way :(). She turned off the heaters, turned on the fan, opened both doors and one window and the inside thermometer still claimed it was 78. So I guess Spring is here.
The sun has the intensity, but there is too much frozen earth for the air to warm---I assume?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you you usually begin planting the garden?
Normally, Lannie plants seeds on the porch right about now, then the sprouts get put outside to harden off before being transplanted to the garden next month. Problem is, it is still too cold on that porch (at least at night), so likely I will have to go to a nursery next month a buy sprouts. At the moment, there is still 2-3 feet of snow in the garden, so I really doubt it will be plantable any time soon.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The sun has the intensity, but there is too much frozen earth for the air to warm---I assume?
Yup. It is doing a great job of warming the first couple inches because we have deep mud to walk in that is about the consistency of cow diarrhea (I'm calling it Slusharrhea) -- your boots make a sucking noise with every step and you are not sure if it will just pull your boot off. Makes it kind of hard to maintain your balance while carrying a load of hay....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe with a slim chance of luck, the extreme winter killed or maimed that invasive weed you were talking about last summer.....can't remember the name of it at the moment.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not sure I am remembering this right, but Lannie said something about planting everything in pots this year and saturating the regular ground with vinegar or something to kill all the nasties. If we were consistent, that could kill it down to the roots because every tine a sprout came up for air/sun, it would get killed, so eventually the roots would also die. Or something like that.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am not sure I am remembering this right, but Lannie said something about planting everything in pots this year and saturating the regular ground with vinegar or something to kill all the nasties.
Yeah, I remember her saying she may just use pots this year, instead of fighting that weed, whatever it was....still can't remember the name of it...Knotweed perhaps?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of POTS, I may do that myself...so I can move shit out of the blistering sun when tomatoes are exploding on the vines during June-July.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have about 40 of the small black mineral lick tubs (for cows) in use already and I have about 30 of the bigger orange ones I have been saving for future use, such as Lannie's plan. We aren't buying anything fancy like the new urban garden rage bullshit requires... just practical and cheap (I get them free from a neighboring rancher).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have about 40 of the small black mineral lick tubs (for cows) in use already and I have about 30 of the bigger orange ones I have been saving for future use, such as Lannie's plan. We aren't buying anything fancy like the new urban garden rage bullshit requires... just practical and cheap (I get them free from a neighboring rancher).
I have a bunch of five gallon pails, which should be good enough with the proper soil.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, if you're putting 'maters in those, drill half a dozen holes in the bottom to ensure drainage (no soggy bottoms - it'll mold the roots) and only put one plant per bucket. We typically do two per tub, but they are about 20" in diameter at the top and about 16-18" deep so the roots have lots of room to spread out. I also have wires strung up over all the 'mater tubs so the plants have something to hold onto. Some of them grow six feet tall. Ours don't get moved around, but I have them cozied up against the east side of a tall lilac hedge so they get sunshine only in morning and shade all afternoon.

VU Sponsors