Become a Patron!

not about JH thread, its just a whine about whatever you want and stupid ass picts thread

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For future reference, I will never allow your moderators to attack me without response.

You may as well ban me completely if that's what you expect.

[/truth]

Just remember what Mellencamp said... if you fight with Dorothy, Dorothy always wins. ;)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I honestly don't know about plastic ones, but Fasttech sells the glass ones. You could always match up the size according to their specs. Sweet Vapes sells glass ones, too.

I just dunno... I'm looking at it now, at VaporBeast, and those 4 posts... honestly I wouldn't have a clue how to build the thing, for a single coil, and if it's expecting dual coils, it's probably gonna have a lot more airflow than I want.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just dunno... I'm looking at it now, at VaporBeast, and those 4 posts... honestly I wouldn't have a clue how to build the thing, for a single coil, and if it's expecting dual coils, it's probably gonna have a lot more airflow than I want.

Andria
It comes with a single coil adapter. Build a single, place the adapter on the other side, done. Small build deck, but I've yet to have an issue with mine. EXCELLENT price, but if you're not sure, then money stays in your pocket.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It comes with a single coil adapter. Build a single, place the adapter on the other side, done. Small build deck, but I've yet to have an issue with mine. EXCELLENT price, but if you're not sure, then money stays in your pocket.

Well it's a damn good price, that's for sure. I didn't know about the adapter. I've often wishes for something like that with my Magmas. think the build deck is large enough for a 9 wrap, 29ga, 3/32 ID? That seems pretty compact compared to a lot that I'm seeing lately with all this weird braiding and crap. :D though I might go to 7 or 8 wraps if necessary, now that I have my iPV Minis in PWM mode, and I think the miniBook also uses that mode when it's not in TC mode. 8 wraps is pretty good, just a hair under 2 ohms.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well it's a damn good price, that's for sure. I didn't know about the adapter. I've often wishes for something like that with my Magmas. think the build deck is large enough for a 9 wrap, 29ga, 3/32 ID? That seems pretty compact compared to a lot that I'm seeing lately with all this weird braiding and crap. :D though I might go to 7 or 8 wraps if necessary, now that I have my iPV Minis in PWM mode, and I think the miniBook also uses that mode when it's not in TC mode. 8 wraps is pretty good, just a hair under 2 ohms.

Andria
I use fewer wraps, 28g for about 1 -1.3 ohms. Curiosity got the best of me, so I made a 9 wrap out of 28 gauge. Assuming you're using a micro coil, I don't see that you'd have any trouble getting the same with 29 gauge.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use fewer wraps, 28g for about 1 -1.3 ohms. Curiosity got the best of me, so I made a 9 wrap out of 28 gauge. Assuming you're using a micro coil, I don't see that you'd have any trouble getting the same with 29 gauge.
How much a smoker were you?

VAPE ON

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Tyger! I see you've made me a new badge. :giggle:
Is that to show solidarity with the other modladies Hillary voters?

gallery-1454082826-cat-woman.gif

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
@AndriaD, the single coil adapter sux. Build as a dual coil, the way it was designed.
jm .02

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're not banned..... just restricted. And there's no reason to think I wouldn't when I promised you I would. Sorry, but as @VaporJoe always says... "actions have consequences".

To be fair, @Jai Haze, "authority" here are ready to take just as much shit as anyone else..... but there comes a point that when it junks up the forum and spreads discord far and wide, you do what you gotta do for the greater good.
"for the greater good" has been used to justify the rape of many people's civil liberties..... I believe it was the motto under which ECF committed suicide.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hmm... wouldn't say it's truly a microcoil; the ID is bigger, 3/32 (though that's quite a bit smaller than most of these braided/clapton things), and though I do keep the wraps pretty close, they're not compressed. Although I kinda go back and forth on that; some of my coils are tighter than others, some look more like the spring in a Bic Clic. :D I *could* do 7 wraps, that's what I used for a really long time; I just found that I actually preferred the vape from a 9 wrap, +2 ohm coil, when I was trying to compensate for a mod that (I thought) wouldn't step down -- even once I figured out how to go to PWM mode so it *would* step down, those 2 extra wraps do offer just a tiny smidge more vapor, and the battery life is a little longer at +2 ohms than at 1.7 ohms. Going to 28ga really isn't happening; I've never been able to get a vape I really liked with wire that fat; using enough wraps to get the resistance high enough means it takes FOREVER to heat up, at 10w; 29ga is the biggest I like; if 30ga wasn't so flimsy and easily deformed, I might have very happily stayed with it.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
29ga is the biggest I like; if 30ga wasn't so flimsy and easily deformed, I might have very happily stayed with it.
Nah, was just testing it out to see if 9 wraps would fit in there. I couldn't find my 29 gauge wire, must've gotten rid of it.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This thread is like Seinfeld, its a thread that is about nothing. So being off topic is really THE topic....

SO many threads here go "off topic" even the Merlin thread goes off all the time.

If you are going to enforce the "off topic" rule then you'd have to remove more than half the posts. Heck if you want to get technical, then all posts, even most of the posts here are "off topic"

The thread was about JH being........

So.......

Im not complaining , its really evolved into something quite interesting.

Since I am the OP, I am technically the only one that can decide if a post is off topic....?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Happy fathers day if you are one - expect Jai

Everyone else, good morning, have a great day

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
After two years of lies and stalking and abuse, in order to cover up the shady vendors they have supported, I'm pretty sure a happy Father's Day is not what the mod ladies have in mind for me. Sooo thank you.

PS, mebbe it's time to give Jai a rest...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This thread is like Seinfeld, its a thread that is about nothing. So being off topic is really THE topic....

SO many threads here go "off topic" even the Merlin thread goes off all the time.

If you are going to enforce the "off topic" rule then you'd have to remove more than half the posts. Heck if you want to get technical, then all posts, even most of the posts here are "off topic"

The thread was about JH being........

So.......

Im not complaining , its really evolved into something quite interesting.

Since I am the OP, I am technically the only one that can decide if a post is off topic....?
So technically, you're off topic then. :giggle:

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep even tho its been 8 years. Its Fathers Day that always hits me in the guts.

8 yrs since I lost my dad too, but he'd been mostly absentee for most of my life, so missing him is something I got over before I was grown. My biggest regret is that I never really had a chance to know him, as an adult, after we were both sober.

Andria

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Can't abide dual coils, I think THEY suck.
Then consider an RTA designed for single coil use.

Plugging up half of a dual coil RTA will give you comparatively poor results.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm recovering from my 2nd broken driptip in a week's time, thx to the FREE ONE they gave me at Vaping Shack. They must be going out of biz or something, no way is giving away driptips a good biz plan.

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm recovering from my 2nd broken driptip in a week's time, thx to the FREE ONE they gave me at Vaping Shack. They must be going out of biz or something, no way is giving away driptips a good biz plan.

Andria

It's a calculated loss when you factor in customer retention. If two free drip tips keeps you coming back to spend your money, it's a pretty solid business plan.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a calculated loss when you factor in customer retention. If two free drip tips keeps you coming back to spend your money, it's a pretty solid business plan.

Well, I never buy ejuice anymore, and they know that, and they know why: I need such a high level of PG, and none of their ejuice has more than maybe 70%. But I keep going back to buy driptips there. Maybe they're hoping that I might one day buy a mod there... but I really doubt it; prices online are just too good, and I'm not a newbie that needs a tutorial. I guess they figure I've bought enough driptips (I break them CONSTANTLY!), I've earned a freebie -- they're the small acrylics, which at cost are probably not more about 50 cents, and they sell them for $4.50 -- but it's worth it to me when I want one RIGHT NOW as opposed to "in a few days".

Andria

Jai Haze

Haters Make Me Famous
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unlisted Vendor
Jai haze lol
publicity, thanks. I like waking up knowing you guys are getting emails with my name as the subject and when you come here you are looking for new posts under my name. Feels kinda good.

VU Sponsors