Become a Patron!

New to the game, I want to quit smoking.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
At first it tastes like Pledge.

pledge-logo.jpg

After a bit it kinda tastes like those wood shavings you'd buy for hamster bedding smell...OMG not kidding!!!
Fucking not good IMHO.
My wife tried it after I warned her she was like "It can't be that bad can it?".My response "Fine but I warned you!" and guess what she damn near puked...FFS!

OMG- yuck! Thank god I only got 1 bottle- but it is a 120ml- Man that flavor got great rave reviews or I would have just stuck with my tried and true faves from them!
I have been reading ecig redditors rip on The SauceLA eliquids - I really like the CWC, Vanilla Bean( I wish I ordered more), Get Your Kicks, and Open Road(I mix some cinnamon roll into it) Passion Fruit Cooler was OK( I added some Peach liquid to it) My last order I wanted to try others like XXX, Capone,ModelT, Ace and 1922- along with ordering more of my faves! I knew enough to stay away from Main Street- they all ripped on that flavor!
Right now I am trying the TMaxx Strawberry doughnut- it is very nice- I got the Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut from them too- which is OK again- I mix that one with Juicy Bubble and it is so good!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG- yuck! Thank god I only got 1 bottle- but it is a 120ml- Man that flavor got great rave reviews or I would have just stuck with my tried and true faves from them!
I have been reading ecig redditors rip on The SauceLA eliquids - I really like the CWC, Vanilla Bean( I wish I ordered more), Get Your Kicks, and Open Road(I mix some cinnamon roll into it) Passion Fruit Cooler was OK( I added some Peach liquid to it) My last order I wanted to try others like XXX, Capone,ModelT, Ace and 1922- along with ordering more of my faves! I knew enough to stay away from Main Street- they all ripped on that flavor!
Right now I am trying the TMaxx Strawberry doughnut- it is very nice- I got the Lemon Creme Filled Doughnut from them too- which is OK again- I mix that one with Juicy Bubble and it is so good!
I actually like Main Street

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At first it tastes like Pledge.

pledge-logo.jpg

After a bit it kinda tastes like those wood shavings you'd buy for hamster bedding smell...OMG not kidding!!!
Fucking not good IMHO.
My wife tried it after I warned her she was like "It can't be that bad can it?".My response "Fine but I warned you!" and guess what she damn near puked...FFS!
so should i even open my bottle of it lol

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Just shake it really good and take the cap off for a bit let it air out in a dark cupboard for a few hours- sometimes that fixes them. You may really like Capone- that one believe it or not got some pretty good reviews! You won't know till you try it!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
well i know it hasn't been very long but only 2 puffs off a cigarette since yesterday at 5:00. 2 puffs when i woke up this morning, you know how that goes, but it tasted like crap so i put it out and used the vape.

That is pretty good - it took me well over two years to completely quit, lol

But, it has been over a year since I took even one puff :cool:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not powerwise. Not sure of the dimensions on either of them.

I think your nano is the same size as my pico squeeze, and the Pico definitely accommodates a 22mm, not much more

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I think your nano is the same size as my pico squeeze, and the Pico definitely accommodates a 22mm, not much more
i found out how to check the voltage of the battery with it off. just hold the fire button and the "-" button at the same time, that's pretty useful.

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

so how will i know when a coil goes bad, will the ohm's fluctuate, taste fluctuate? this coil been running at .47 whole time

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get your kicks is good
Go for it...You might like it.Lots of people like it.I'm just not 1 of them.What's the worst that can happen anyway?
You don't like it...Donate it at your local vape shop.If they don't have a PIF box set up just (Leave it on a table and walk away).
However you might wind up loving it...Who knows.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Mr Juicy still smokes over a pack day, sometimes two
My hubby still smokes- He did not start vaping to quit like I did, I dragged him into it! He only vapes at work or in the car if we go somewhere together! At home he smokes cigarettes 1/2 a pack to a pack on weekends, in the garage, he has his TV and heater and he is happy! I have tried everything, but until he is ready to quit cigarettes, it is not going to happen! I still change his coil and eliquids, he does not get the hobby end like me!
I on the other hand- when I see and smell his cigarettes, just reinforces how much I hate them! I quit my 30+ year smoking habit-I stepped down for 2 weeks and had my quit date set and stuck with it! I am pretty stubborn- toughed it out for a few months after!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yeah my wife is the same way.She does vape now.Though she's mostly a smoker.At least she is trying now.
My hubby is the same! I wanted to quit smoking by vaping and tried to drag him into it- While he vapes at work( too far to walk to the smoking area) he still smokes in the garage at home! We have had chats about it! He loves cigarettes, and until he wants to quit, like I did with vaping, it just isn't happening!
He is still a smoker!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My hubby is the same! I wanted to quit smoking by vaping and tried to drag him into it- While he vapes at work( too far to walk to the smoking area) he still smokes in the garage at home! We have had chats about it! He loves cigarettes, and until he wants to quit, like I did with vaping, it just isn't happening!
He is still a smoker!
I feel your pain my wife is mule headed stubborn like that too

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something I forgot to mention in my first answer - quality SS is way easier to build with than Kanthal
hm, i popped the .40 coil in and i like it much better, i ordered 15 of the .50 coils haha i jumped the gun, i think i might see if they will let me switch them out with .40's

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Something I forgot to mention in my first answer - quality SS is way easier to build with than Kanthal

And our buddy Stu has the good shit when it comes to SS wire. Give him a holler! @advancedvapesupply , Stu come plug your wire, bro. :)

ETA: Lucy got some from him, then she send me a bit to try out. She be right.
Quality SS matters & Stu has the quality.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And our buddy Stu has the good shit when it comes to SS wire. Give him a holler! @advancedvapesupply , Stu come plug your wire, bro. :)

ETA: Lucy got some from him, then she send me a bit to try out. She be right.
Quality SS matters & Stu has the quality.
Thanks for the shout out! I'd be happy to answer any questions about ss in general or our wire in particular.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
https://www.traditionvapes.com/collections/specialty-pre-made-vape-coils/products/alien-coils

explain to me what this means:
~~ 0.15 Ohms Per Coil

~~ 0.07 - 0.08 Ohms Per Coil

does that mean when both are used together, you get .15 ohms?

I'll stop in long enough to offer a short interjection. Ohms can written as Impedance or Resistance also. It is that (I)mpedance that converts the (A)mps or (C)urrent to (W)atts or (P)ower. The Watts/Power is what creates the heat that warms the wire, which warms your juice to make the vapor. Feel like the ankle bone is connected to the leg bone yet? :)

Your battery stores Current as Volts, the Volts let the Amps loose to go running around to play in the wild. Well, on their running around they need to cross a road. There is this handy guy there Impeding the traffic for them and giving them new grown up name tags, he calls them all Watt for being short to ask them, "What y'all thin ya doing running around all crazy like?" That gets them mad so they all hot under the collar and get steamed up, so you get the Vapors being drawn up by the vapers.

You're welcome for about as simple as I can. Different rates of Impedance makes the coils get warmer or cooler, drain your batteries quicker or slower. The higher Impedance/Ohms the slower drain and cooler the coils. You have to balance though for safety so as to not vent or blow up a battery due to dead shorting it, running it fully out of Voltage/Current and firing the circuit possibly causing an arc response.

Now excuse me, make a hole. You're between me and :coffee: :D :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
https://www.traditionvapes.com/collections/specialty-pre-made-vape-coils/products/alien-coils

explain to me what this means
~~ 0.15 Ohms Per Coil

~~ 0.07 - 0.08 Ohms Per Coil

does that mean when both are used together, you get .15 ohms?

No - when you vape with dual coils, your resistance drops to half of the reading of a single coil

So, if you have two coils that are 1 ohm each, your resistance will read .5

If you are looking to run pre-twisted dual coils - go to www.advancevapesupply.com and email them for help

They have great prices on quality wire and pre-built coils and can point you into a good direction - I can vouch for the quality and integrity of this company :)

Those builds not he alien coils are ridiculously low for a beginner and until you learn ohms law and get some real vape time under your belt, you might want to steer clear of those wild-looking builds - they are not "quit smoking" builds and are for an expert level vaper

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I just started vaping my SauceLA Capone that I have had since the New Year sale- have been shaking and left the cap off for a day!
I like the flavor- tastes like fruity pebbles to me! I am not getting a strong lemon flavor, just a sweet fruity flavor.
Maybe the long steep helped it? Or after 30+years of cigarettes my taste buds are off, but Capone tastes better to me than the Divine Pebbles I got from OM vapor- I liked the Toasted from them, but the Divine Pebbles does not taste good to me at all!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks I'll YouTube it later the wife needs my help in the kitchen.
I have that tank- I got the extended kit so I had to face the trauma of changing from 2ml glass to the 4ml glass! You have to stick a small screw driver in the bottom air flow to be able to get the glass off, which broke in my gloved hand! It is very hard to get the tank apart like the Tobeco Super Mini tank!
Both are good vaping tanks, - but I have tanks that are much easier to take apart- how is the coil change gonna be? At least with the Evo you can change the coil from the top. I hear that the Tobeco will be OK and easier to come apart after the initial glass removal, I lubed the Oring with eliquid and hopefully won't be hard to change the coil!

deadmau5whomp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have that tank- I got the extended kit so I had to face the trauma of changing from 2ml glass to the 4ml glass! You have to stick a small screw driver in the bottom air flow to be able to get the glass off, which broke in my gloved hand! It is very hard to get the tank apart like the Tobeco Super Mini tank!
Both are good vaping tanks, - but I have tanks that are much easier to take apart- how is the coil change gonna be? At least with the Evo you can change the coil from the top. I hear that the Tobeco will be OK and easier to come apart after the initial glass removal, I lubed the Oring with eliquid and hopefully won't be hard to change the coil!
hm, different experience for me, only the first time taking the glass off was hard, otherwise it is quite easy to get off. switching from 2ml to 4 ml was a breeze.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
hm, different experience for me, only the first time taking the glass off was hard, otherwise it is quite easy to get off. switching from 2ml to 4 ml was a breeze.
I have used many tanks and those two tanks were the hardest I have ever used to take apart, I have never had to use a tool to aid in the removal! I am used to tanks where the bottom unscrews so you can get to the coil- like the Melo, Sigelei Xtank, ELeaf GS Air tanks, Kanger tanks and the Freemax Starre Pure- so much easier to get apart and change the coil!
I am hoping that coil changes will be easier in the future !

VU Sponsors